PDA

View Full Version : Agency Scouts!

Johnny
05-14-2004, 04:43 PM
Morning everyone
I recently wrote to a lady on Absolute agency, she had a sad story to tell about her divorce, etc. Me being a sucker for damsels in distress i responded.
The next day she replied but i could only write to her through an agency called Magic-Date.net Through curiosity i looked at the site, they all seemed very professional and i read all about how honest they are, they have tips telling you how to not get scammed by their girls, a section on their satisfied customers showing Ukrainian girls and western men getting married and even a guest book to sign. I can send 3 letters free to this girl then i pay for any further correspondence. I guess that is fair enough!
What i want to know and your opinion would be greatly valued is:
Is this girl just a scout sent out from this agency to look for potential customers to lure onto their books? Similar thing has happened to me before when a girl once replied on behalf of an agency telling me that although she was interested in me there were lots of other girls who may be too. Obviously i didn't respond and neither have i responded to this latest letter, i am not interested in wasting my time writing long letters to people who are not even remotely interested
I was wondering if, although this agency pays so much emphasis on not getting scammed by their girls....maybe it takes ones mind off the real issue.....Is this agency trying to scam me!
Johnny

ptrjnthn
05-15-2004, 05:59 AM
I think your suspicions are valid. But before you come to a conclusion: Did she reply to your personal profile, or the other way around? I think that if the former, than I would be suspicious. Some of these scammers will respond to men's profiles, even if the man is not looking for an international romance.
There are many women out there. Exchange personal e-mail addresses early on in the correspondence and request e-mail exchanges this way. If they claim they don't have access to a computer other than the agency's, I would be leary. That's just my opinion. I am corresponding with a woman who has her own computer, and, so far, so good.

ptrjnthn

AmericanRichardC
05-15-2004, 06:31 AM
To my mind it is highly inadvisable to pay for email correspondonce of the sort you describe. It is a business enterprise for the agency in most cases. Unfortunately, Absolute Agency is littered with such alternate agency-sponsored ads where you get form letters dumped on you and requests for paying some kind of correspondence fee. The quantity of responses you get may be high but the quality is low: much of it might be labeled date-spam or love-spam. (Overall I would recommend Angelika network girls over Absolute Agency girls although with Angelika you'll have the headache of dealing with postal addresses.)

Strive to communicate with ladies who have their own personal email. This reduces the risk that you are being: (i) suckered into corresponding with someone who doesn't have sincere interest in you or, in the worst case, (ii) suckered into corresponding with someone who does not exist. I can suggest four exceptions to the rule: (1) your lady is completely computer illiterate, has no email and doesn't know how to use it, and needs an agency to wordprocess and email her letter to you; (2) your lady is completely destitute and cannot afford even 1/2 hour at internet cafe to correspond with you (prevailing rate for 1/2 hour at an internet cafe in Minsk is 40 cents and prevailing rate of pay for a young salesgirl is 40 dollars),(3) your lady really lives in a remote location in which no internet cafe is established or (4) you are dealing with postal addresses in smaller cities or villages (so called mail forwarding services). I would suggest that even in exception (1) your lady herself should pay the agency any (small) fee -- if she cannot afford it, it would indicate to me that she is corresponding with too many men and any such small fee, thus building up, might represent a financial burden for her -- if so, why contribute to such a lady playing the field at your expense? (The lady I know in the status of exception (1) NEVER asked me to pay for email correspondence and she even had been unemployed.) Strive to use any mail-forwarding service re exception (4) only once -- instruct the lady, if she is interested in you, to reply to you by email: preferably her personal email to yours.

It doesn't mean you are in the clear even if your lady has her own email: the unscrupulous will ask for you to pay for correspondence direct to her generally through Western Union. Always refuse: never part with a dime until you actually meet the lady in person preferably in her home city. Stop corresponding with such unscrupulous ladies.

Consider also the quality of the letters you are getting from your lady. Force her to write to you highly personalized letters (asking, for instance, her response to particular events in your life) that, even with cut and paste, would not be of use in corresponding with another man. If you read and write in her native tongue, make her write to you in that language. (Scammers play the game of large numbers so, per force, English is the premier lingua franca of scamming.)

cucummins
06-03-2004, 03:49 AM
Here is a typical example of what i wrote about in my first letter:

Hi,

thank you for your interest in me, if you wish to continue our correspondence and acquitance, please, don't answer to this email becaus it does not my personal email, but registred you (don?t forgot to attach your photos) in

http://www.dreaminglove.com/AzDGDatingLite/index.php?l=

and you will can answer me to my personal email and to write to very much others girls too, but I would prefer that you write just to me (my user ID is 924)!

I'm waiting for you, because something very beautiful may occur between us.

Kisses

I have in the past, received exactly the same letter from 2 other girls advertising the same agency!
Maybe that explains what i meant by Agency Scouts!
Its a very cold, impersonal message, surely no one could even begin to believe she had any interest in meeting anyone
Maybe that explains what i meant by Agency Scouts!

Johnny

tom
06-11-2004, 02:17 AM
well you identified some of the basic clues to let you know if it is a scam or not. the most important of those is that you have recieved the exact same letter before from different profiles on the same site. this is a classic scam tactic - they just send out as many emails to people as they can in hopes that just a few of them will buy a membership - they get their money, they make you lose interest somewhere down the road and you think nothing of it. meanwhile your out your money and have nothing to show for your efforts. there are alot of sites out there like this - one of the worst are the american sites - datematch.com is one of those - i recieved the exact same emails from multiple profiles - with exact same bad grammer - it was obvious that it was copied and pasted. they are not interested in anything other than your money - and at the general price of 20 dollars per month for the priveledge of emailing someone - they make a boatload of money.

creativeron4u
06-12-2004, 10:51 AM
Hi Johnny,

I have been writing a girl on Magic-Date for a couple of weeks. It was a bit of a shock when I found out about the $100 just to talk with my new friend. However, I paid the money and am very pleased with both Magic-Date and the girl to whom I am writing.

Yesterday, I found out that a different girl that I had also been writing for months was a scam. She never asked for money, her English is perfect, her letters were personal and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why she would be writing very personal letters to me because "her" pictures turn out to be those of Miss Universe 2002. This type of betrayal unfortunately gets me wondering if everyone is real. So, I wrote Irina, the manager of Magic-Date and asked for references of "one of their happy success stories". As always, she is very responsive and supplied me with the name and phone number of a couple in Houston. I called him and he could not say enough kind words about Irina. He was married last February and they are happy newlyweds.

So, if you have questions, just aske Irina to supply you with some references.

Good luck - Ron

quote:Originally posted by Johnny

Morning everyone
I recently wrote to a lady on Absolute agency, she had a sad story to tell about her divorce, etc. Me being a sucker for damsels in distress i responded.
The next day she replied but i could only write to her through an agency called Magic-Date.net Through curiosity i looked at the site, they all seemed very professional and i read all about how honest they are, they have tips telling you how to not get scammed by their girls, a section on their satisfied customers showing Ukrainian girls and western men getting married and even a guest book to sign. I can send 3 letters free to this girl then i pay for any further correspondence. I guess that is fair enough!
What i want to know and your opinion would be greatly valued is:
Is this girl just a scout sent out from this agency to look for potential customers to lure onto their books? Similar thing has happened to me before when a girl once replied on behalf of an agency telling me that although she was interested in me there were lots of other girls who may be too. Obviously i didn't respond and neither have i responded to this latest letter, i am not interested in wasting my time writing long letters to people who are not even remotely interested
I was wondering if, although this agency pays so much emphasis on not getting scammed by their girls....maybe it takes ones mind off the real issue.....Is this agency trying to scam me!
Johnny

Johnny
06-16-2004, 07:27 AM
Thanks Ron
I guess maybe Magicdate is quite legitimate, i still wonder why i keep receiving replies from girls on Absolute agency asking me to reply to them on Magicdate, also its always the same message telling me about all the other girls there i may like to contact! Maybe russian girls like sharing?;)
I have looked at the Magicdate site and read the happy couples stories. I have never joined or replied....I was scammed for money years ago....Not from them though! Maybe now i'm just too suspicious now!
Johnny