View Full Version : passport!

07-27-2004, 10:54 PM
Hello you lot.
Can anyone tell me how much a Ukrainian girl would expect to pay for her passport?
Thanks in anticipation

07-27-2004, 11:05 PM
In Russia, it is between 40 and 50 USD. So, it should not be much more than that.

07-28-2004, 12:00 AM
Cheers Raibeart
I guessed about $30.00!
Strange really, my girl was going away with an agency to do dancing in Turkey, apparently it was all arranged and i wasn't going to get to meet her for 3 months. Then, she changed her mind and decided not to go as she would rather meet me instead. I suggested we meet up in Turkey anyway. Now she claims this agency who arranged her passport for her to go dancing wants $300.00 for her to have her own passport back! I have refused to pay anything, told her to apply for another passport and claim the other was lost or destroyed. Or alternatively offer the agency $50.00 for it back as $50.00 is better than nothing!
I would imagine holding another persons passport and trying to sell it to them for an inflated price would be illegal.....Or do you think maybe its just another scam?
I guess now i'll suggest meeting her in her home city in the Ukraine to see what her response is
Watch this space..............

07-29-2004, 09:53 PM

What city in Ukraine? I hate to say it, but the majority of scammers are from Ukraine and you have to be even more careful when dealing with someone from there. I have been there and I also find that the people are much different from the Russians that I have met. Ukraine may be different and the agency may be holding her passport hostage. It would not surprise me because of the dealings I have had with Ukrainians. They also may have advanced her money for the job she was going to take. Another warning...a dancer that goes to another country usually ends up being a prostitute.

07-30-2004, 01:00 AM
Well Raibeart,
I've not heard anything since, i tried to phone her for the first time and she shouted she was a bit busy at the moment so call back in 2 hours! No surprise that i had called her, no hello! she sounded horrible and rude so i wouldn't bother to contact her again anyhow!
As for a dancer becoming a prostitute, that was exactly what i told her, that was what changed her mind about going.
Oh well, back to the drawing board!