View Full Version : Scam in Portugal!

08-03-2004, 01:54 AM
Hi! Marina from Byelorussia writes to you. I want you to warn
From MARIO AFONSO FERREIRA FROM PORTUGAL! Be cautious, he is the mean liar and the speculator. I of him not
Invited and for a long time has ended correspondence with him. he has called me 24
July, on Saturday also has told, that he in Minsk. he very much asked
Will meet, I have given up to him in meetings. In some hours he
Has called back and has told, that on Sunday will arrive to Gomel, very much
Asked, that I have met him. him I became a pity to me also has met with
him on Sunday. he very much has not liked me, I at once have told him,
That between us of nothing may be. he began to cry, has told, that
Very much asks to spend the night us one night and tomorrow he will leave,
Has told, that went to see me very long. I have talked with
Mum and we to him have allowed
To remain for night. Night was tightened(delayed) on 5!!! Days. he did not leave
From an apartment, mum all the day at work, I might not leave
Apartment also sat with him, he spoke, that waits for the friends. Left
Somewhere, came drunk, has smoked an apartment. We asked him to leave(abandon)
Apartment. On Saturday we had to leave at some o'clock, when we
Came, him and its things were not at home, but together with it was gone
My package where there were my keys from an apartment and about twenty five
Thousand the Byelorussian roubles . Today I was called with any Russian people and have told, that If I want to return keys we should meet and I should
To pay. What now to do to me? He is the disgusting, vile swindler.
Now he has a sheaf of all keys from our apartment.

08-03-2004, 02:12 AM
Hi Marina
We seem to forget that it`s not only women that scam,men also scam.
Having read your letter,it about time we started addressing this problem.Maybe,there should be a web site where you women can list know scammers of men?
Maybe Admin,you could look into this idea?and see if it`s possible?
Marina,the only comfort l can offer is for you and your mother to go to the police or even try contacting his embassy in your country to see if they can help to trace him and get your keys back

08-03-2004, 09:04 AM
I am sorry to hear that you were victimized. I hope he ends up in jail. I agree with Pasadena. Perhaps the police can help you. Even if you do get your keys back, there is no way of knowing if they made copies. So you might have to change your locks on your doors. I'm sorry, I wish I could say something that was of help.

08-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Thank big for your answers. Last night we have changed all keys with mum. Today in the morning he has sent me sms, has told, that has thrown out keys. You are right, I think, that tonight it is necessary to go in police. I am very much upset with that happened.

08-04-2004, 01:27 PM
It took much courage for you to come forward and tell us what happened to you. I think we often forget that there are women from the FSU that have been vicitimized by men from the west, but they are afraid to speak up. I hope that you find peace of mind and closure from this situation.

08-04-2004, 07:02 PM
Thank that have answered me. After that case at me the big stress was. But I hope to forget this case soon.

08-05-2004, 06:02 PM
Marina. We men here care about you. You will feel well with our kindness. Say this to your mother.

10-08-2004, 09:20 AM
Hello Marina,

I have a different opinion about the unfortunate experience you had: you brought it on yourself. You met this man in person in Gomel and you directly realized that you didn't like him. There was absolutely no reason to invite him home to stay overnight. You should have directed him to the nearest hotel. Invitations home are appropriate when you meet someone you are seriously interested in.

I visited Belarus 4 times and I can tell you that while I met two sterling Westerners in Minsk, on the contrary, most of the Westerners I met I would describe as, to put it nicely, odd, and I wouldn't be inclined to trust them. I hope you are not under the misapprehension that all Westerners are good.

You lost keys and the equivalent of 12 dollars to this guest who overstayed his welcome. I'd reckon yourself lucky. Much worse could have happened to you and your family.

I imagine that you are a trusting, tender and kind girl (if a little naive). You deserve much better and I hope you find that gentleman whose affection you'll completely welcome and on whom you can confidently rely. Don't lose heart from that negative experience!