PDA

View Full Version : One scammer or 3 girls ??

splash
08-07-2004, 09:41 PM
Has anyone else received mail from, IP# 194.67.23.122 ?? I've got 3 girls with different addresses writing to me with that same IP. Now I can only wonder how real or serious they are. One says she writes from work; another from internet cafe so if true; how can IP be the same??[/font=Comic Sans MS][/blue][/b]

javier
08-11-2004, 06:58 AM
Hello Splash
This IP is the same because correspond to the email company. To find out the girl's IP you have to seek the last line "received from" at the head of their emails and to write down this IP address.
Regards.

Lone Gunman
08-11-2004, 09:13 AM
Internet is difficult and mysterious;)

If the girls uses web-mail, the IP is the same, regardless where they write emails.

It's probably unwise to use plain POP-mail at the job. The employee is supposed to work at the job, not send emails to horny western guys, I think.

And web-mail providers may even have different hostname- aliases (and use them as "brands") to the very same mail-server.
[8D]

See ya

javier
08-13-2004, 07:10 AM
IP address that Splash wrote down correspond to a email company. I think he didn't write down the adjusted IP, because at the head of emails appears several lines "received from" and to find out the girl's IP they have to look at last line "received from". The first ones may correspond to the email company or a network link.
Regards.

southamerican
08-13-2004, 02:36 PM
Hello guys. Maybe there is a computer expert here who can help us with this issue of the IP's. But first I must say that I now almost nothing about IP's but I guess they're good to trace the geographical location of an email.

1) If a girl uses a webmail service like mail.ru Is it still possible to get her correct IP?

2) I use outlook express and when I click on the email and then properties I get this: Received: from (email company) by unknown [my IP] but no information about the girl IP so how does one discover it?

3) Once I have the IP how can I know what it means?

Lone Gunman
08-13-2004, 02:58 PM
southamerican
and others

Once you have successfully extracted the IP you could make some kind of "whois" search.

Pick a whois recourse that's suitable to you with the help of a searchengine....

See ya