PDA

View Full Version : Background checks

southamerican
08-13-2004, 02:44 PM
Hello guys!

While browsing the Internet I have found some sites that offer some alternatives to verify a girl's identity. To send a flower and take a picture, to make a background check, etc. I know that none of this methods can guarantee that a girl is not a scammer, but I would like to have some comments on these services if you have any experiences with them.

Lone Gunman
08-13-2004, 03:27 PM
I've been using this mild "checking method".
Send a flower.

1. Visit your nearest florist.
2. Send a flower.
3. Specify to have any delivery trouble reported back.

At least my local flower hawker have the #3 option.

And I suspect all florists connected to international flower delivery services can make this happen.

See ya

WfR
08-25-2004, 04:33 PM
I think that the best way to check if the lady is scammer or not is to refuse to send her money when she asks for it. If she disappears right away she was not very sincere.
If you stick to the rule of never sending money to a girl you will be all right.
To check the lady?s identity sending flowers is one of the options. You can also send her something (a letter for example) by DHL or Fedex. Though, flowers are a much more romantic gift?

10-16-2004, 11:26 PM
A good way to determine a scammer(although devious but all is fair in love and war) is to write to the women using different screen names. This is especially effective if she has a profile on a dating site. You can set up different profiles on the same site and see if she contacts you on both profiles. This has happened to me more than once. I had one womam write me 3 different times on different sites and she was using 3 different email addresses but she always sent the same pictures. Its also wise to set up a different profie with no picture, you will be surprised at how many will write to profiles with no picture. So you are asking yourself "How will I know if its the same person if she uses a different name and different photos. Simple, just check the IP address and see if its the same or similar, then you know if shes a scammer. I would advise caution always but wait until you have written several times and feel that she is "serious" about you. Its good to know where you stand.
http://www.ip2location.com/free.asp is a free site that will allow you to check the origin of 15 IP addresses per day. Good Luck! Get them before they get you.

Johnathon
02-26-2005, 05:53 AM
Sorry for my ignorance here, but how do you find out the IP address..?

randy
08-18-2005, 07:43 AM
Further...How does one trace an IP address?

Lee_Ozzy
09-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Download NeoTrace or NeoExpress and check for sleeping nodes, remember adsl, cable and anythin high speed never sleeps, why would the cafe owner turn off the router?, and there will be NO tuned off routers on the way there, unless the network is down etc. Read read read! i am new and currently maybe gettin scammed, it's all the little things to watch then add em up and give it all to some one that can snoop well. like that ex KGB agent Mike, $120US is a small amount to pay for the truth, its my last resort but the money is already put asside :-)

The biigest thing I'm finding is the internet cafe` crap!! do this,,,,
right click on her/his latest email and select properties, then details. Read down about half way and look for the words DIALUP lol no cafe`s to my knowledge have a dial up connection, to many pc's.
hope that help and remember SEND NO CASH!! if she's genuine, she will let YOU pay for all at your end. And that my friends is my woman in off like the wind, she dunt want me to pay pfffffft sure babe, here's a couple of thou, by the way,,,, can you kick too.
L8r people.

Im won't pay a cent, not yet, maybe never! And where do you bloody live girl!

Lee_Ozzy
09-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Download NeoTrace or NeoExpress and check for sleeping nodes, remember adsl, cable and anythin high speed never sleeps, why would the cafe owner turn off the router?, and there will be NO tuned off routers on the way there, unless the network is down etc. Read read read! i am new and currently maybe gettin scammed, it's all the little things to watch then add em up and give it all to some one that can snoop well. like that ex KGB agent Mike, $120US is a small amount to pay for the truth, its my last resort but the money is already put asside :-)

The biigest thing I'm finding is the internet cafe` crap!! do this,,,,
right click on her/his latest email and select properties, then details. Read down about half way and look for the words DIALUP lol no cafe`s to my knowledge have a dial up connection, to many pc's.
hope that help and remember SEND NO CASH!! if she's genuine, she will let YOU pay for all at your end. And that my friends is my woman in off like the wind, she dunt want me to pay pfffffft sure babe, here's a couple of thou, by the way,,,, can you kick too.
L8r people.

Im won't pay a cent, not yet, maybe never! And where do you bloody live girl!