PDA

View Full Version : need help ( new here )

unhealedheart
12-07-2004, 05:29 AM
I am new in here and need help finding out about a lady from Ukraine. I have been scammed before but thought after 2 years that i would try my luck again. I am emailing letters back and forth with a lady from Ukraine named Nataliya Barbat. ( Nataly as she likes to be called ) Has anyone heard of her and if so, is she a scammer? I would appreciate any feed back on this one. Thanks, unhealedheart. You can send email to r.landacre@att.net

jsk21
12-12-2004, 03:24 AM
After you've been scammed once you are probably suspsicious that everyone is a scammer. That is not the case. However you still need to be careful. You can put her name or email address in google and see if anything comes up. If she's scammed before there will probably be a report. Just keep up your correspondence with her and if she asks for money then it's probably a scam.
Meet her over there in person. There is no such thing as a mail order bride. (ie. ordering a bride the same way you order a pizza). There are no guarantees. My recommendation is to correspond with as many as you can so you don't put all your eggs in one basket. Hope this helps.

unhealedheart
12-12-2004, 07:58 AM
Thanks. So far I have ran her every way I can think of and nothing shows. I'll keep my hopes up that she's genuine and see where it leads but will also be cautious. Thanks for your help

unhealedheart
12-27-2004, 08:36 AM
I asked about a lady named Natasha ( Nataly ) Barbat from Ukraine. I have looked everywhere ( that is free ) that i can think of to see if she is real, but found nothing. Now the letters from her are coming seldomly and when I asked for her home addy or phone number, she does'nt reply to the questions. Do I give up on her? What's your advise? Thank you.

12-28-2004, 07:14 AM
[8D]Be careful here. A lady who you have corresponded with for some time who refuses to answer your questions or does not respond to them should be treated with suspicion.
If she is not giving out her address or phone number thats a warning sign she is not genuine.
I suggest you move on..plenty of other fish in the sea.
What were her pictures like..sexy and provocative in lingerie? or model like.
A real women from these countries would have nice pictures but they would not be sexy..these gils are conservatitive.
Be vary of model like photos or sexy photos showing knickers, big tits hanging out etc...these are to lure the man.
You need to compare her letters against samples of scam letters to see if there is a similarity.

unhealedheart
12-28-2004, 11:48 PM
I came across the website russiangirlswhoarescamartists@groups.com
and what do you know, there was her photo. It was in the album " Ones you wonder about " Took a load off my mind, and glad I found out now. Her email addy is natali31@inbox.ru She's from Lugansk. Thanks for all the help.

imported_ScamHunter
12-29-2004, 09:39 AM
I did a GOOGLE search on Nataliya Barbat and find this...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Nataliya+Barbat&btnG=Google+Search

SACM, SCAM, SCAMMER

unhealedheart
12-29-2004, 09:45 AM
I clicked on the link but it just brought up where I posted in a forum. Is there something there with her profile? Maybe I'm not looking in right place. Lend me a hand please.

unhealedheart
12-29-2004, 11:17 AM
Sorry didn't see her on there. I don't mean to be computer illiterate. I have photos of her but don't know how to link into forum. Thanks for all your help in this, I'm just trying to keep other guys from getting scammed by her.

12-29-2004, 07:53 PM
:DAlas, another man ( unhealed heart ) saved from a scam by this site.
This is what this site is about..giving advice, sharing information and saving men from being scammed and in this case its done its job.
This site is not about dickheads attacking me and other members who are only trying to give useful info, share experiences etc. in the hope that people will learn from it and prevent them from being scammed.
Some members of this forum, need to get the ass from it because they have turned it into such a low level with personal unwarranted attacks on people ( some members are on there stupid moral high horses ) and are detracting from what the forums are about..preventing scams and catching scammers!

unhealedheart
12-31-2004, 05:23 AM
This lady finally gave her home addy If it is real.

house 38
16 Line Street
Lugansk Ukraine

She swears that she isn't a scammer ( not that she would ) but atleast I got a home addy from her ( not to say it's the right one )

she still emails me but I'm not giving in. Time to move on.

imported_ScamHunter
12-31-2004, 05:40 AM
This place is great to post a pic to and then they immediately give you a URL / link to access it. Works great and free. Here... http://tinypic.com/

imported_ScamHunter
12-31-2004, 05:43 AM
Search the address or parts of it in GOOGLE too. Often brings up a lot.

Search "16 Line Street Lugansk Ukraine" in GOOGLE or another search.

unhealedheart
12-31-2004, 07:36 AM
Thanks ScamHunter
I posted her pic on that site. Will do the google search. Might have another girl for everyone to watch out for as soon as I get more info from her.

unhealedheart
12-31-2004, 08:19 AM
I checked out a website. There are alot of pics on there. If anyone has been scammed by Anastasia's Web check out the Special Alert. There's a lawsuit going on and it is free to anyone who was scammed by them. It's the biggest scam in North America, according to them. Maybe you guys can get some of your money back!!!!

imported_ScamHunter
12-31-2004, 09:12 AM
unhealedheart

I thought I was reading that you wanted to know how to post pics on the forum. You can copy the URL from http://tinypic.com/ after you upload your pic - to this web site in this forum if you have a pic you would like others to look at.

Please post the link with the lawsuit going on?

unhealedheart
12-31-2004, 10:29 AM
http://tinypic.com/view.html?pic=14r3wy This is Nataliya's photo

Hope i did it right

imported_ScamHunter
12-31-2004, 10:35 AM
Yes that pic worked fine. She is a cute one if the real thing. Others can see it now and let you know if they have seen it.

unhealedheart
12-31-2004, 10:44 AM
Thanks Only place I seen her pics were on russiangirlswhoarescamartists@groups.com But hey, who knows will wait and see thanks for your help ScamHunter

ray
01-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Hi Guys, I used to be on this Site a lot, I run-in quite a lot of Scammer here.
Just a comment (UnhealedHeart) That gal, still wrote and swears she's not a Scammer, ok, I've not read all the history but many of the photos are used by Agents / Agencies, they accept the girls' photos and then scam the men - that's why if a gal then goes it alone by her own search then she'll be dumbfounded that she's been branded a Scammer - I can tell in a lot of cases if it's an Agency using photos - Russian Brides is a prime example. They want me to join up - NO WAY.

Anyway, keep a few woman on the go because most of them fall away to other men or get found out.

I've been busy keeping that "Julia Popova" busy with rounds of letters. And I've another few to Report.

My next counterattack is to "ask for my costs for time wasting me" after all, I spend my time, my money searching so if someone's playing around then I tell them that I'll stop any chance of them getting a Visa or foreign passport and alert all European Consulates and send their photos. That won't work if some Agency is using photos but it's a way to fight back. Time we taught em a lesson.

Best of luck in 2005 guys. I've a meet comming up.

Here's a tip. Don't go for new women, find the old records and see how many times they've logged on or how often been view (e.g. Julia Popova view massively), look for medium to poor photos -probably they're real women. That's how I'm 50 and got a new meet with gal 28 with lovely kid - suits me.

ray

unhealedheart
01-02-2005, 03:44 AM
Thanks for the tips Ray. Another question. What do they do to the scammers when/ if they catch them? I still haven't found anything wrong on this women except on the one site, but it did'nt actually say she was a scammer, but just one to wonder about. I still have a red flag up tho til I am at eased. I have a couple others talking to so we'll see. Have a good year guys.

unhealedheart
01-03-2005, 02:52 AM
I have another lady to check out. Her name ia Anna Polushina. She has sent me photos of her and they seem to all be from her house. She lives in Yoshkar-Ola. I checked on google, her home addy she gave but haven't found anything yet. Any other sites I can check? I used the info from every one when investigating Nataly and nothing comes up on Anna. Anyone heard of her? Thanks

imported_ScamHunter
01-03-2005, 04:32 AM
Check these links...
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Anna+Polushina&btnG=Google+Search

ray
01-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Re:
1. What do they do to Scammers when they find them.
2. And advice on content of her letters:

1. What I've heard is, if it's a major scam, then the Russians have prosecuted people for "Tax evasion" - neat solution.

If someone reports a scammer to consulates of the scammer's country, who knows what they will do - the politics of countries are too diverse and they may not have the resources. If someone has sent money, then it could be better to inform their Tax authorities but they need to know who in reality received the cash. People collecting at Western Union Offices don't need to prove I.D. (I hate WU - they know what's going on, but of course they get charge commission on every deal)

When informing the authorities, it's best to make free Internet translation so they'll understand what's being stated.

In EEC and USA consulates, they will be strong about it - they keep blacklists. One would need to support the photos with letters requesting cash. I was speaking to Immigration in London, and they really are very careful about women seeking Visas - Of course if she's seeking a real visa, then she's probably a real person - scammers don't apply for visas unless they are planning to do the guy during their stay e.g. (stay with him a while and then claim abuse and seek money or just have a good holiday and milk him for presents) I'd steer clear of Moldova completely. There's thousands of them in Italy.

Also, anyone who offers help on "chat" - it's a scam. If anyone contacts you from Nigeria, China or Philippines - hang up.

2. Re letters. The contrast between a real letter and a scam building is not always obvious at first, but scammers usually start to fall down after 3 to 5 letters (but sometimes write for months) they tend to use words "destiny, love, fairy tale" Probably no real Eastern block woman will use "love you" until after a meeting. They won't talk sexy either. If they send progressively sexier photos and show panties - 90% prob scammer. I get suspicious when they talk about all the "tasty pies" they're gonna bake me. Look for "really normal" letters.

Watch for new Scammer "Katja - Katerina" next week - I'm going to do her this week.

Anyone who wants advice on "letters" send me a portion and I'll comment - I've got a year's experience and read all types of scammers' letters.

ray

unhealedheart
01-04-2005, 02:47 AM
I've heard of doing a reverse look up on the email addy, will someone explain on how to do this? I know I ask alot of wierd questions, but I'm just trying to stay ahead.

imported_ScamHunter
01-04-2005, 05:31 AM
Ray, - Nice advice in your post - A scam letter is very much different than a "real" letter.

Reverse lookup - this might be just for USA.
http://netscape.infospace.com/_1_70192075__info.netctr/reverse.htm

unhealedheart
01-04-2005, 06:38 AM
That one was just U. S. What about checking international phone numbers. Is there a way to check that also? Even though most of them don't have phones.