PDA

View Full Version : Payback - Western Union style

Randyl
04-09-2005, 05:07 AM
I recently encountered a "Russian Bride" scammer, Veronika Andreisheva http://www.singles-bar.com/details.asp?memberid=116455&memname=116455&lname=116455, or I should say she/he encountered me. I was found by this scammer through my OtherSingles.com profile, and at first assumed they would make a good e-mail pen-pal.
Very quickly I noticed something was odd because "she" was expressing these strong feelings for me, and a desire to meet me in person.
I did some quick searches on the internet, and found her quickly on a black-list site.

After she requested that I send $2,050 USD via Western Union for her Visa, Travel expenses, and Medical tests, I knew I had to reply with a big middle finger.

Here is what I did:
First, I purchased www.WesternUnionClaims.com, and designed a web site that looks very much like the real Western Union site, except for subtle changes like the banner says "Western Onion", and none of the links actually work (yet).
I created a fake form on the site requesting an e-mail and passcode which will allow access to the MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) for them to claim their money. (I figure with dollar signs in their eyes, they will completely overlook the fact that this site is not real).
I sent the passcode in an e-mail with a link to my site to "Veronika" and said that she can get the needed information for obtaining the money by this process.
When she clicked on the button to submit the e-mail and passcode, it opens to one of the most offensive, disturbing, and shocking images on the internet today.

If anyone is interested in sending a link to my WesternUnionClaims.com site to their scammer, let me know and I can give you the passcode required to make them see the disturbing image. I highly suggest you do not attempt to view the image yourself (TubGirl).

Randyl
04-13-2005, 01:45 AM
I have sent "Veronika" an e-mail including the WesternUnionClaims.com link and passcode to "obtain the needed information for claiming the money transfer" and the counter on my site has indicated over 15 successful logins already this morning from an IP (dial-up account) in the Russian Federation.
"She" has sent me two e-mail replies stating that she has been unable to get the information needed and obviously has no clue that I am actually tricking "her" in return. How many more times is this person going to subject themselves to the disturbing image of TubGirl before they realize they are being scammed?

If you are in correspondence with a scammer and would like to get back at them using WesternUnionClaims.com, let me know and I can give you the passcode.

Nat
04-27-2005, 09:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by Randyl

I have sent "Veronika" an e-mail including the WesternUnionClaims.com link and passcode to "obtain the needed information for claiming the money transfer" and the counter on my site has indicated over 15 successful logins already this morning from an IP (dial-up account) in the Russian Federation.
"She" has sent me two e-mail replies stating that she has been unable to get the information needed and obviously has no clue that I am actually tricking "her" in return. How many more times is this person going to subject themselves to the disturbing image of TubGirl before they realize they are being scammed?

If you are in correspondence with a scammer and would like to get back at them using WesternUnionClaims.com, let me know and I can give you the passcode.

Hey, i don't think that she was in Western Union. I think that everyone know that order status need to check on a normal Western Union site. So i think she has checked out your transfer and there too. But also she checked it out on western union.com too. But that's just my opinion, man!