PDA

View Full Version : Mobile (cell) phones in Russia / Ukraine

lonelyboy
05-19-2005, 07:39 AM
I would say that nowadays almost all young and moderatly living women have a mobile phone or at least home phone in Russia / Ukraine, at least in big cities.
It is very suspicious if the woman writes that she has no phone but still can send you letters from Internet cafe !!!
This moment I am corresponding with a woman who says that she has no phone but can write me letters from Internet cafe 2-3 times a week.
All looks good this moment and so far I have nothing to suspect her. Her letters are nice. She answers all questions and comments my letters. But she writes very good English and still says that she has to go to English courses ! Ok, maybe that could all be true. Let's see.
I just stopped writing to a woman who had no phone but could send me a lot of studio photos. Finally she insisted me to pay her Internet costs. Stop !! Not before the meeting ! There has been a lot of similar women.

Men !! Why so many looks for a woman from Russia ?? I do it only because I live near to them and meeting is easy. I still hope that I could find a nice woman from there. Otherwise I would look for a woman from Far-east. Most Russian women look only for easy life in warm countries.
Women from Far-east can even move to countries of cold climate if they find a nice man.

I have some important info about scamming business, but I do not want to write about it in public. If you want to know more and discuss about it privately, you can contact me to xlimits@luukku.com

toymaker
05-20-2005, 05:24 AM
Sorry to inform you but a lot of the homes in Russia are so outmoded that it costs a great deal of money to get the lines and service for the phone into the home. I have been in contact with a lady in Russia for a few months and she has no phone or running water in the home. Some do not earn enough to afford the ammenities. Cell phones are expensive and costs over a dollar a minute to talk to foreigners. Do you blame them for not admitting they have a phone. do not blame the ladies totally for the lack, the men drink a lot and the divorce rate is astronomical. The ladies are left to raise the kids alone on the poor wages they can earn. This is not a reason for scamming but the honest ones will be up front with you . The families often live three or more generations in the same small house and the old parents are taken care of in the home, No Nursing homes there. The internet cafes are not really cheap but if they were not available , the ladies would not be able to contact us at all. As for the English classes, she probably was using the internet interperters for your letters and is trying to lower her costs by taking lessons. The lady I correspond with is doing just that. Think about it for a minute , Thanks Terry W.

lonelyboy
05-20-2005, 08:12 AM
I do not disagree with you. I have a lot of experience from Russia and Russian girls. And there are really many different cases. But there is one very common feature in most Russian women. Never trust her if you do not know her very well !! And there is a very big difference between a woman from big cities and small cities (countryside).
Anyway there is a great danger that the woman tries to cheat if she says that the only way to contact her is by Internet.
MOST Russian women are only curious to meet foreign men not serious. They are very cunning and only look for profit about the meeting.
Many of the women live with their boyfriend and that can be the reason why they do not give their phone number.

Insider
05-20-2005, 09:05 AM
quote:Many of the women live with their boyfriend and that can be the reason why they do not give their phone number.

It is not like every guy posting their profile on the internet is single and dooms himself to celibacy even if he is writing to the lady that she is so special and stuff :D Think of it: you have a girlfriend, you are not quite satisfied with the relationship, would you reject the opportunity of meeting someone new? Is there anything wrong with that? Do you immediately tell that "someone new" that you have a girlfriend already?

In this situation, the guy would normally give his mobile # to the new "prospective" girlfriend, not the home number. When we are talking about international calls on the mobiles, Russia is ridiculously expensive, and mind you, your lady would be charged for the incoming call as well, and the charge would be around $0,80 VAT excluded, so mobile is not a way out in this case.

This is not in defence of scammers, this is in defence of women who do have boyfriends, but are not fully satisfied with the relationship they're in. This fact does not make them scammers.

Peter_A
05-20-2005, 03:16 PM
Insider,
Shut the hell up, the guy is right! If she don't give you her cell phone number so you can reach her whenever you wish, she has something to hide and, she don't want to lose him and/or don't want you to find out. And, it's only 11 cents for them to accept our calls. But, it does not make her a scammer.

toymaker
05-20-2005, 04:08 PM
Sorry but a lady sent me a copy of her cell phone bill so I could reimburse her for my calls. It is certainly more than 11 cents. i beleive it was $1.34 euros to be exact.

Insider
05-20-2005, 06:47 PM
Toymaker is right. The incoming call from abroad to the Russian mobile costs around $1 per minute when it comes from within Europe, and more if it comes from America or Australia. Get some education, boy :D

wxman2003
05-20-2005, 08:49 PM
They really soak the mobile phone users in Russia! I'm glad my fiancee does not live there, but in Ukraine. She is charged the normal per minute rate when I call from the US. Of course I pay more per minute to moblie phones in Ukraine, because that charge is passed on from the Ukraine phone company to me. Instead of $0.13 per minute, it $0.16 per minute. Now if she were to call me, then she would pay a ridiculous amount per minute.

lonelyboy
05-21-2005, 08:23 AM
To toymaker:
Some statistics.
I have met a lot of women in Russia. About 80 % have a mobile phone and 95 % a phone. But I mean in big cities. In the country villages or small cities the situation is certainly different.

And phone prices. Nowadays there are so many different operators. The call prices can differ a lot really ! I called to Lvov, Ukraine and had to pay around 1,50 Euros per minute !! To St.Petersburg around 0,30 .
It is very important to know which operators to use. Otherwise your bill can be really a big surprise !!!

Peter_A
05-21-2005, 02:31 PM
Insider,
I was told she pays 11 cents for answering. My girl is in Moscow and i call her on cell phone.

Insider
05-21-2005, 05:18 PM
Peter_A,

I wonder what mobile company she is using, can you tell me? Because I pay $1,08 VAT included when I answer a call from Greece, or Italy, or Germany, and around $1,30 wneh I answer a call from Canada. I will aprreciate the information! Thanks in advance.

alena
05-28-2005, 06:34 PM
Insider,

it is Megafone, I believe.

For Moscow they offer from $0.11 for call to $0.21 per minute. It does not depend from what country the call is.

jsk21
05-30-2005, 06:25 AM
Here is the situation with phones in Russia / Ukraine. Of course a scammer will never give the home phone because you can track to it an address. They give a mobile phone # because you can set up a mobile phone anonymously by just buying a sim card.

Some legitimate girls lie and say they do not have home phones. That is because their home phone would be ringing off the hook with guys calling and they may live with other family members such as parents. There are still ways to find out a persons home phone # using their address / surname with a directory search. But you need a Russian person to help you.

Another reason she may not give her home phone # is maybe she's living with a boyfriend.

Peter_A
05-30-2005, 08:46 AM
Right on it JSK!!!

wxman2003
05-30-2005, 10:39 AM
I have been to the Ukraine several times, but not to Russia. So I will only comment on Ukraine. Most women do not have landline phones, but instead many have mobile phones. The cost of installing a landline into those old run down apartment buildings is quite expensive, so most just go with the cheaper cost of a mobile phone. Plus the montly cost is less.