PDA

View Full Version : How easy is it for Russain lady to get visa to USA

hprince
06-06-2005, 07:43 PM
My question is simple I think. I have a lady in Russia I have been communicating with for some time now and I'm sure she is legitimate. 6 months and no money requests. She has a good job and owns an apartment. It has been discussed about a possible meeting. She said she would like to come to the USA and see where I live and meet my family. How easy is to get her a VISA and where do I start? Can this be done from here or ultimately do I have to send her money for the process?

HP

marv ruddell

Insider
06-07-2005, 07:29 AM
Where is your lady from? I can send you a link to the corresponding US embassy webpage if you tell what her location is and explain the procedure.

She will most likely be refused, though.

DO NOT SEND MONEY.
:D

wxman2003
06-07-2005, 07:58 AM
The cost to apply for a tourist visa is $100 US. That is all she has to pay. If she claims more, then she is a scammer. If she claims an agency can get her a visa, she is a scammer. Only the US government can grant her a visa, not a Russian company, or anyone else. She can get application from US embassy, consulate or online. They will investigate her, and then she will go for interview at US embassy in Moscow. What type of job does she have? The reason I ask, is if she is a doctor, she might have a chance. If she is wealthy she will have a chance, if she owns a large amount of property, she might have a chance, or if she has a child that she will leave behind, she has a chance. Otherwise, if she is single, and none of the above, the chance is virtually zero.

wxman2003
06-07-2005, 08:00 AM
She must also have an international passport. I would ask her to send you a photocopy of it.

Insider
06-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Wxman,

Do not forget that the US missions only receive applications from Pony Express couriers, one cannot come there in person and submit an application as before. The cost of the courier varies, but it may be up to $50 or $60 depending on how far from the nearest US consulate the lady is located.

jsk21
06-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Hey you loser why are you so lazy? Get your butt on an aircraft and go meet her in person before you even think about bringing her over.

hprince
06-08-2005, 01:32 AM
Thank you Insider and WXMan2003

I wont even respond to the last comment.

My lady friend is in Cheboksary I understand it is about 1000 miles from Moscow. She is divorced and when traveling to the U.S. has a 13 year old son that would be remaining behind. I don't think it a strange request that she wants to visit a city she may move to or visit stores and a church she will attend. She has said she prefers this because she would like to see me in my environment. She has not asked for a penny to the extent she has paid for an interpreter to be at our phone calls. She recently told of a cell phone she gave her son for his birthday. It was stolen by bigger boys. An all to common thing I understand. She was very upset and never asked for assistance to replace it. I am pretty confident she isn't a scammer. I have had my share of those.

My question is this: Does she have to go to Moscow to be interviewed. If so this could be an expense in its own and what are the chances even if she travels to Moscow she is refused. Is there a better way? I must be green but with 25 million illegals here why do they make it so hard for one to just visit legally? Anyway if you would be so kind as to answer this It would be appreciated

HP

randy peters
06-08-2005, 02:36 AM
h prince. You got one choice. The US Consulate in Moscow. From thier website the forms can be dowloaded. They must be filled out acurately or the aplication will be rejected. They must be Pony Expressed to the consulate. A time for the interview will be sent to her. If for a tourist visa she will need all your contact information. If for a fiance visa. You as the fiance should be there for the interview. Airfare will be required or train fare as that town is further out in the boonies than Bum****, Egypt. Don't forget about meals and hotels either. She must also have all her Id with her. I'm not sure about a round-trip ticket either. but at least the reservations don't hurt. Check with the Consulate website. and don't get to discouraged. It is a hassle. Why do you think there are illegal aliens? One other reason for the hassle is Immagration and the public is tired of footing the welfare bill with some immigrants. Changes are coming but not until Russia joins the European Union. Hope that this helps you out. No lawyer or travel agent can help you out. Have fun and don't give up hope. But seriously consider traveling there first. It is easier and cheaper all the way around. Take pictures of a walmart to show her.
before I forget the Consulate only takes $100 cash, no checks or visa/mastercard.

Randolph J Peters

hprince
06-08-2005, 03:10 AM
hanks Randy you have quite a sense of humor... Wal Mart :O}

I think she has an international pass port. She is going to France, Spain and Italy in 2 weeks. I don't know if this qualifies as international but I will ask her. We'll see what she says

Thanks again

HP

jsk21
06-08-2005, 03:33 AM
Just because she doesn't come out and ask for money directly does not mean she's not a scammer. These scammers are getting smarter. They will hint at their need for money rather than come out and ask for it direct.
By the way if she's going to France, Spain, Italy she's going to see a guy. You can count on it.
Test her - tell her you have some time off and can meet her there.

randy peters
06-08-2005, 03:45 AM
hprince if she is going to those places why aren't you? You can meet her in a nuetral country you know!At least you get to do some sight seeing. If she is traveling to those places. She should be able to cancel and go to you instead. After rechecking and seing that you said she is from Cheboksary. I would be very wary at the least.Just from what you said she might end up being very high maintainence. This is something that will not come out soon. You mentioned Church. Is she Cathalic or Russian Orthodox. Or possibility Moslem? This last is a distinct possibility, along with Jewish. Are these Religions in your locale? Are her parents or siblings still living? Are you in very good health (see one of my other posts today) for little things to think about! That I have not seen mentioned in any company's ads. After thinking of s lot of these things, I am having serious doubts about a foreign bride. You better start plsnning ahead for funeral trips and such. Or a mother-in-law that will not learn English and blame you for everything. Get the big brain in gear and do some what-ifs. Thier loyalties will probably go with thier parents. They should and you are an OUTSIDER even in your own home.

Randolph J Peters

hprince
06-08-2005, 04:06 AM
Randy

Good points but she is orthodox I am free evangelical so it is easy transition. I have dated two other Russian girls and the biggest problem is the language barrier. As for going to her on vacation she made these plans last year and it traveling with her girl friend. She asked me to join them but I think she and her need the time for them selves. I would be a distraction

Good thoughts and my mind is working. She has already said she wants to work as she is comfortable doing work. She is apprehensive about knowing English so there will be a time she will not work if she were to come here permanently. She has a good job at an insurance company and I would not want to interrupt it if she and I were not sure. She has worked hard to achieve it. Her sister works at the same business and communicates with a man in California so maybe this is why I am so attractive to her. Don't know. One thing at a time

HP

hprince
06-08-2005, 04:07 AM
Man there sure are a lot of pessimist on this forum

randy peters
06-08-2005, 04:28 AM
hprince I am a widower and I'm just passing along questions that my nother-in-law asked. Or would you rather have a smarass remarks. The wise asses are asleep right now. I will not say that she is not legiitimate but ask the questions anyway. I hope for the best for you

Randolph J Peters

Tex N Arabia
06-23-2005, 01:58 PM
hprince,

Believe me... the smartest and CHEAPEST way to do this is to go see her FIRST. While you are there (getting to know and see the REAL her), you can take all the advice you got in here and learn the ropes for getting her visa when it's her turn to come. ;)

Personally I avoid the Russian gals and stick with the Ukrainians. I've had super luck in going over and meeting the girls. My last trip I narrowed my search down to 3 of them. My point here is that I have been in and out of there a lot. Go over there for a week, be aware that what gets off the plane in the States may not be 'exactly' [xx(] what's in the photos. Before you dump that kind of cash, go SEE her.

USA Mike In Saudi