PDA

View Full Version : phone calls from Russia

toughtocrack
06-09-2005, 05:30 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows what the dial tone sounds like when a call from Russia is received here in Canada. I mean, is it supposed to sound as the usual long-distance tone, or is it possible to be as clear as a local call? I received a call from a lady with whom I've been communicating only by email all this time, and yet today all of a sudden she decides to call me. She said it was from a cell phone or something, not sure. I tried checking to see if I could get her number using *69, but the operator message said that number is not known. I know this smells of a scam, but I am just wondering whether it could be for real. All this time I have asked her for a phone number, and she never gave one to me, yet all of a sudden, after almost 3 months, she decides to call me! I know, I should feel silly for asking, but I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who may have experienced similar thing.

Thanks to all who can help out on this.

jsk21
06-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Are you stupid? Call display will not work from Russia. She's probably using a calling card.

randy peters
06-12-2005, 01:52 AM
Tough to Crack, Not to worry about it. Caller ID only works within certain systems And jsk21 The only stupid questions are thee ones that aren.t asked. And an aside. In the US phone numbers that are placed with a calling card do show up on caller id displays.

Randolph J Peters

Peter_A
06-12-2005, 02:22 PM
If they call directly without calling card it will show their number, at least it does when my girl calls from Moscow.

toughtocrack
06-15-2005, 06:02 AM
Thanks, Randy and Peter, for your insights.

As for you jsk21, I don't appreciate your tone. I'm just asking for some advice, not to be called things I ain't! If you can't offer advice without interjecting your silly and uncalled for comment, then don't comment at all!

Peter_A
06-15-2005, 02:05 PM
Tough,
I guess he doesn't know any better. Have you ever watch Forest Gump movie? Remember what he says "stupid is as stupid does." JSK, do you recognize yourself here ;) ???