PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

jsk21
07-02-2005, 12:58 PM
Hey guys I have a suggestion after reading some of the scam reports. This is a great way to strike back at these scammers.

Play along with the scammers. When they ask you for money. Send a fake Western Union control #. Don't overinflate the amount of money you sent.

This way they'll waste their time going down to the Western Union office. When they email you back send them a "ha ha ha" email.

It'll make you feel real good.

jsk21
07-02-2005, 01:03 PM
By the way make sure to send them 10 digits so it's more authentic.

toymaker
07-02-2005, 03:06 PM
where you been jsk? I have been doing that very thing for a year or more. I dealt with 17 of these "ladies" and the record is 7 trips to pick up money thru WU and she still wanted to write me. Some picked up on it after 3 tries. But they will try.

jsk21
07-02-2005, 05:30 PM
ha ha good one toymaker

Let's go for 8

AlexB
07-04-2005, 06:28 PM
Sveta, suprise, suprise after getting the good news of the embassy of the visa, like my English Russian, now hasn't enough money to have on her person for arrival in the Liverpool airport at presentations haha. When I told her Newcastle was the nearest airport, dumb ass. I'm going give em the full fake WU transfer. The hell with them.

Alex

Non veritas verba amanda

Peter_A
07-04-2005, 08:52 PM
You guys are wrong! Once they have WU transfer number they don't have to go to WU office, they can check availability with the click of the mouse. Grow up!!!

toymaker
07-05-2005, 03:19 AM
sorry but most of the ladies I talk to use internet cafes and WU cannot be checked on the internet. Thier own security would not allow that because of the privacy act. They have to appear at the office and fill in a written form and produce photo id before they are told the money MAY be there. Not a simple click on the computer.

jsk21
07-05-2005, 02:05 PM
Sadly Peter is right. They can check online.

I betcha though some of them are still so greedy that they'd go down to the office anyway.

Insist that you've sent the money and they'll probably still go.

jsk21
07-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Western Union is a dumb ass company anyway. All they care about is their money transfer fees. They do not care about scammers. In fact they thrive on scammers. They are not going to implement any system that might slow down their business even if it's a dirty one.

toymaker
07-05-2005, 03:21 PM
my appologies gentlemen. I phoned WU today and indeed i was wrong about the checking for a money order online. It is being looked at by security and may be removed. Keep your fingers crossed. any little step to get these scammers is a step in the right direction.But unfortunately we cannot overcome the fake IDs these women reproduce.

AlexB
07-05-2005, 07:28 PM
I sent Svetlana a false WU code last night, the message I got this morning says she fell for it hook, line and sinker. She couldn't wait to get the da bank.

She said she's in Moscow, but her mail headers tell me she is still in Mari-El haha.

alex

Non veritas verba amanda

babe_in_rusland
07-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Anybody can log into the Western Union web page and enter a MTCN and see the status of any WU in the system, as long as the MTCN is a valid number. A convenient way around this is to use an alternate money transfer service, such as MoneyGram or Ria. They don't have web-based tracking. Another way is to make up a transfer service of your own, such as "EasyTransfer", "EZXfer" or any other fictional concoction of your choosing.

toymaker
07-06-2005, 12:21 AM
unfortunately, WU puts the money transfer out to all the offices in Russia . Thus anyone with the number and id can pick it up from anywhere. She says she is in Moscow, but she picks up in Mariel, it is truely possible. The WU should put an city or town name for pickup.

jsk21
07-06-2005, 08:05 PM
Actually I am thinking that a large % of the Russian population are scammers.

The Russian character is generally dishonest and deceitful. I am here now I Moscow. The Russians I have talked to believe that you can not make money in an honest fashion. You always need to do something dishonest / deceitful.

Americans are so naive and gulible. So are Aussies and Brits generally.

The suggestion of making a fake money transfer company is not a good one because she'll ask what address can she pick it up from. Use Moneygram though because they can't track it online. But make em go 5 or 10 times so they waste their time.

Peter_A
07-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Actually I am thinking that a large % of the Russian population are scammers.

The Russian character is generally dishonest and deceitful. I am here now I Moscow. The Russians I have talked to believe that you can not make money in an honest fashion. You always need to do something dishonest / deceitful.

JSK,
This is what I was saying for so long, writing messages so many times, but, no one is listening. Trying to educate or introduce them to Russian culture and customs. I'ts in their blood to try to deceive someone. That's the way they are brought up, that's the way they think. I've been there countless times, man. In Russia and other FSR they can easily get away with it. You can bribe a cop for $20. That's what they try to do when they come here to USA also. How wrong they are, they realize that little to late, they understand that only when the FBI starts kicking their ass. As for women, they are considered "biggest" whores here in NYC. Almost on daily basis they are being busted on prostitution charges. How unfortunate this is, since I have a son with a Russian women.

Insider
07-07-2005, 07:34 PM
quote:That's what they try to do when they come here to USA also. How wrong they are, they realize that little to late, they understand that only when the FBI starts kicking their ass.

Oh, do not deprive Americans of such a precious gift as ability to deceive and lack og honesty. There was one recently detained at the border with Greece trying to smuggle out antiques. The dumbass did not even know how to hide them properly, all he could do was continue waiving his passport shouting that he was an American citizen ;) Did not help him much, though :D

Tex N Arabia
07-26-2005, 01:38 PM
LMFAO @ INSIDER DOT COM!!!!!!!!!!;)

USA Mike In Saudi