PDA

View Full Version : For those who wised up

Dangerzoned
08-23-2005, 01:37 AM
I have an interesting question to ask, assuming that most of us here have at some point been at the receiving end of a Russian scam letter.

Q. At what point did you wise up?
Q. What was the clue that gave it away for you?

I imagine that most people are wiser than me and managed to spot a scammer on the very first email. Although I'm very familiar with the 419-Nigerian scams, I have never known a love letter scam before. Therefore, I did tag along for the first two emails before I wised up.

A. My answer? The observation that caused me to wise up was the online activity of the scammer. He/she was using a UK site called Face Party. I kept on refreshing her profile page and found that she was online for 8 hours and 20 minutes. Fair do's. She may have been writing love letters to a few people, but not for 8+ hours. Add to the fact that she was "using an Internet cafe" would have cost an arm and leg! That was what made me suspicious.

toymaker
08-23-2005, 03:24 AM
when your questions go unanswered. When the letters are so hum drum, no real information. She wishes to come to you. and then the money needed for Visa, Passport, And Travel. Falls in LOVE within a few letters and the almost naked pictures start. She is 20 and you are twice her age . Just a few obvious signs.

toymaker
08-23-2005, 03:24 AM
when your questions go unanswered. When the letters are so hum drum, no real information. She wishes to come to you. and then the money needed for Visa, Passport, And Travel. Falls in LOVE within a few letters and the almost naked pictures start. She is 20 and you are twice her age . Just a few obvious signs.

Kowalski
08-23-2005, 02:11 PM
Yeah, and I might add, note if the mails are numbered lol lol.

Cheers

K

We gotta a long way to go today baby

Kowalski
08-23-2005, 02:11 PM
Yeah, and I might add, note if the mails are numbered lol lol.

Cheers

K

Dangerzoned
08-23-2005, 04:44 PM
@ Kowalski : If the mails are numbered? Do the scammers number their emails like that, like page numbers? That would be interesting, especially if they miss out a number!

@ Toymaker : In my case, the scammer was aged 26 and I am 26 too.

Dangerzoned
08-23-2005, 04:44 PM
@ Kowalski : If the mails are numbered? Do the scammers number their emails like that, like page numbers? That would be interesting, especially if they miss out a number!

@ Toymaker : In my case, the scammer was aged 26 and I am 26 too.

Kowalski
08-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Yes, they do. So they can reel them off in a sequence. Take Nadezdna, every mail had a number in it's subject line. So I might get no10, then no12, my repsonses probably either dictated that I didn't need number 11, or the scammer simply forgot which one they sent to me last.

Now take the Elena caper, after calling her a damm liar, which of course she is. She took this in a insulted, don't write to me again attitude, typical reaction. So I convince her that I trust her now, and so the game continues, but they are all numbered letters, even though her last one was clearly written personally, the scammer is numbering even them.

Cheers

K

Kowalski
08-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Yes, they do. So they can reel them off in a sequence. Take Nadezdna, every mail had a number in it's subject line. So I might get no10, then no12, my repsonses probably either dictated that I didn't need number 11, or the scammer simply forgot which one they sent to me last.

Now take the Elena caper, after calling her a damm liar, which of course she is. She took this in a insulted, don't write to me again attitude, typical reaction. So I convince her that I trust her now, and so the game continues, but they are all numbered letters, even though her last one was clearly written personally, the scammer is numbering even them.

Cheers

K

nick20045
09-08-2005, 01:05 AM
or, (hope Kowlaski does not get jealous)

she tells me she will travel to Moscow to meet me. she refuses any help in travel costs. she admits she has had bi sexual affairs before. she accepts to have sex with a woman of my wish just to please me.

but she says i cannot touch the other woman because she will then be jealous......

only watch or touch her.

i wonder....... is this one a scammer? :D:D:D i have a week with her. she may be 40 years old but seen her photo. she is smart and her lips are dead sexual. actually not surprised she is asked by women.

guys...... there are decent and honest women out there. chill out. and most of all stop being paranoid.

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on

nick20045
09-08-2005, 01:05 AM
or, (hope Kowlaski does not get jealous)

she tells me she will travel to Moscow to meet me. she refuses any help in travel costs. she admits she has had bi sexual affairs before. she accepts to have sex with a woman of my wish just to please me.

but she says i cannot touch the other woman because she will then be jealous......

only watch or touch her.

i wonder....... is this one a scammer? :D:D:D i have a week with her. she may be 40 years old but seen her photo. she is smart and her lips are dead sexual. actually not surprised she is asked by women.

guys...... there are decent and honest women out there. chill out. and most of all stop being paranoid.

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on