PDA

View Full Version : watch out for this new one just had it tried on me

nick20045
08-26-2005, 02:51 PM
says will pay for own passport. says she will pay for own visa but needs help with ticket, travel to moscow, stay overnight in moscow to wait for flight and needs money to show at airport in arrival (but promises to give the money back when meet)

then get a scan copy of a passport and one of a visa and the letter asking for the money to be wired. she will say she has the booking, give the dates and flights and it looks all like the real mcCoy.

having noticed the visa looks a bit strange, i asked her what it was to which she replied it is a Schengen visa.

i called the immigration office to ask about it. Schengen visas are only available for Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Greece,Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain and Sweden.

apparently travel agencies can issue them in their own office and then just enter the information though the computer. thing is she was supposed to be travelling to the UK!

for more information about Schengen visas you can visit http://www.eurovisa.info/SchengenCountries.htm

NOTE: PEOPLE LIVING IN THE SCHENGEN COUNTRIES BETTER BE DOUBLE CAREFUL AS THE VISAS ARE REAL. for US$80 they can present the proper thing and if checked it will be confirmed it is correct

to be or not to be. that is the question.

randy peters
08-27-2005, 12:45 AM
And then you get a frantic phone call from the airport in the country that you are in. Russia and the Ukriane apparently not signors to this treaty. They can only travel between the signees in the Ruropeon Union. The FSU has not joined this union yet. The ladyies name will probably be placed on a watch list in the country she lands in. Thus ending any chance of an easy visa application in the future. OH WELL.

Randolph J Peters

randy peters
08-27-2005, 12:45 AM
And then you get a frantic phone call from the airport in the country that you are in. Russia and the Ukriane apparently not signors to this treaty. They can only travel between the signees in the Ruropeon Union. The FSU has not joined this union yet. The ladyies name will probably be placed on a watch list in the country she lands in. Thus ending any chance of an easy visa application in the future. OH WELL.

Randolph J Peters