PDA

View Full Version : Russian Woman

glennk
08-27-2005, 11:24 PM
I have been corresponding with a russian woman for about two months. She wants to come here to the USA and say she will be coming in about two weeks to stay for a few months with me. She says that she has over $2000 saved and needs no money from me. Sounds to good to be true? her emails is @etabank.com.......is there a place that I can check this out? She gave me her mailing address also?....Hmm......Any word guys?

Thanks

Glenn Keller

toymaker
08-28-2005, 02:54 AM
etabank supports a lot of scammers. Does she know your addresss and which airport to fly to? she cannot get a visa to visit anyone unless she comes as a fiancee'. Watch for the robbery at the airport and the request for funds she needs to support herself after she is here. Too smooth to be real but I have been wrong before.

toymaker
08-28-2005, 02:54 AM
etabank supports a lot of scammers. Does she know your addresss and which airport to fly to? she cannot get a visa to visit anyone unless she comes as a fiancee'. Watch for the robbery at the airport and the request for funds she needs to support herself after she is here. Too smooth to be real but I have been wrong before.

nick20045
08-28-2005, 04:31 AM
first of all go on your local goverment website and find what is what is needed for a visa. learn as much info as you can. then what she says you can know if it is true or not.

the next one is learn from what is called your "gut". we have all had experiences in life. use your head and not your "****" to work out what is what.

but with all due respect, cut also a little bit slack. i am sorry but having read some threads in here it seems "lynch her" before she can prove who she is. what do i mean? well let me say it like this:

personally, i do not wish to visit the states. why? 'cos from what i have seen on the telly, it is somewhere where drugs are free, murder is rife, and everybody seems to be a gun totting person, child molesting, drag car racer, bull**** speaker that has his head up his own backside. it says "land of hope and freedom". yeah! hope you do not get shot or mugged and freedom as long as you are white otherwise look out for the KKK or gangs against gangs. and how on earth does it class it self as a superpower with nuclear warheads when the mentality of the average person is equivalent to beavis and butthead or the simpsons?!!!!!! it's the only superpower that spends more money on defence against terrorism then what it does to feed and educate its own people! do i wish my kids to be in a country where they go to school and get shot raped mugged kidnapped or whatever!!!! there have been more presidents shot then turkeys in a turkey shoot!!

am i right? maybe i am. maybe i'm not. but what does it mean? don't become stereotypes. cut a bit slack. think. be an adult. use your guts feeling. otherwise "lynch" her same way i have "lynched" the american people.

if you are not prepared to try, you might as well give up now. remember as well, these are people who have a totally different culture then us. make allowances. if you are the stereotype then you have no chance from the word "go". read, learn, ask.

let me give you a scenario: she is perfect. georgeous, nice, loving....... you got the whole deal. never asks you for a penny. you just cannot fault her. she makes you feel like a king, does as you ask..... hey!!!!! she is fantastic.

you get married. she gets the greencard, has a child etc etc. when the time is out, she divorces you, claims you abused her, she needs to support the child and takes you to the cleaners!!!!! what were you worth? 10 million? now you sleep on the pavement because she even took your business off you!!!!

come on guys!!!! don't get paranoid.

to be or not to be. that is the question.

nick20045
08-28-2005, 04:31 AM
first of all go on your local goverment website and find what is what is needed for a visa. learn as much info as you can. then what she says you can know if it is true or not.

the next one is learn from what is called your "gut". we have all had experiences in life. use your head and not your "****" to work out what is what.

but with all due respect, cut also a little bit slack. i am sorry but having read some threads in here it seems "lynch her" before she can prove who she is. what do i mean? well let me say it like this:

personally, i do not wish to visit the states. why? 'cos from what i have seen on the telly, it is somewhere where drugs are free, murder is rife, and everybody seems to be a gun totting person, child molesting, drag car racer, bull**** speaker that has his head up his own backside. it says "land of hope and freedom". yeah! hope you do not get shot or mugged and freedom as long as you are white otherwise look out for the KKK or gangs against gangs. and how on earth does it class it self as a superpower with nuclear warheads when the mentality of the average person is equivalent to beavis and butthead or the simpsons?!!!!!! it's the only superpower that spends more money on defence against terrorism then what it does to feed and educate its own people! do i wish my kids to be in a country where they go to school and get shot raped mugged kidnapped or whatever!!!! there have been more presidents shot then turkeys in a turkey shoot!!

am i right? maybe i am. maybe i'm not. but what does it mean? don't become stereotypes. cut a bit slack. think. be an adult. use your guts feeling. otherwise "lynch" her same way i have "lynched" the american people.

if you are not prepared to try, you might as well give up now. remember as well, these are people who have a totally different culture then us. make allowances. if you are the stereotype then you have no chance from the word "go". read, learn, ask.

let me give you a scenario: she is perfect. georgeous, nice, loving....... you got the whole deal. never asks you for a penny. you just cannot fault her. she makes you feel like a king, does as you ask..... hey!!!!! she is fantastic.

you get married. she gets the greencard, has a child etc etc. when the time is out, she divorces you, claims you abused her, she needs to support the child and takes you to the cleaners!!!!! what were you worth? 10 million? now you sleep on the pavement because she even took your business off you!!!!

come on guys!!!! don't get paranoid.

Hank
08-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Glenn,

One thing to be watchful of. Here is a common scammer scenario.

At the last minute, the day before she is supposed to depart, she may say that she is a bit short on cash. She may say something like she has just found out that she needs to purchase a return ticket to show that she will return from the US and she needs a few hundred dollars.

I hope she is real. But be prepared for the last minute pressure from her to need a few bucks from you. It can be tempting since you feel that she is so close and you will see her in a day. Hope it works out, but be prepared for the frantic, last-minute request for money. Don't fall for this old trick.

Now, being a good US citizen, I need to go clean my gun, sell drugs to little kids, lynch the first immigrant I see, rape my neighbor's wife, and renew my KKK registration.

Hank
08-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Glenn,

One thing to be watchful of. Here is a common scammer scenario.

At the last minute, the day before she is supposed to depart, she may say that she is a bit short on cash. She may say something like she has just found out that she needs to purchase a return ticket to show that she will return from the US and she needs a few hundred dollars.

I hope she is real. But be prepared for the last minute pressure from her to need a few bucks from you. It can be tempting since you feel that she is so close and you will see her in a day. Hope it works out, but be prepared for the frantic, last-minute request for money. Don't fall for this old trick.

Now, being a good US citizen, I need to go clean my gun, sell drugs to little kids, lynch the first immigrant I see, rape my neighbor's wife, and renew my KKK registration.

nick20045
08-28-2005, 02:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by Hank

LOL. you have got me laughing my head off. but honestly.... what i said was an example of how somebody can become a sterotype if just believe what is being told or sees. one does also have to believe that there are good people out there. :-) i have read threads about the russian mafia, and threads about being petrified of going out of the airport.

if it was so bad in Moscow, how come there are so many airlines flying into it? i did a check to look up prices and i could not believe the amount of airlines that fly into Moscow. and when it says something like 9 seats left or 3 seats left and you consider the amount of seats on a flight..... wow..... seems lot of people travel to there. now that gives me a different opinion. it means be careful but should be ok if use your head and common sense.

i have got one who, the same, said she was coming over actually tomorrow, the 29th. when she sent me a copy of her visa, it turned out it is a visa that is not valid for the UK but only valid for what are called the Schengen Countries. if she had made it to the airport she would have been refused boarding. and if she did make it to England, she would have been deported. i actually checked with british airways and she WAS booked on the flight and it said ticket paid!!!

is it her fault? i can call her a scammer. is it the agencies fault because they got her the wrong visa? i don't know. i noticed the mistake and told her to contact the agency and see what is going on. i am keeping an open mind on the whole matter.

anyway, is the next door neighbours wife nice looking? and how much did the renewal cost? LOL. (p.s. hope no offence was taken. i was actually planning to visit friends in USA. but it was in texas).

nick20045
08-28-2005, 02:07 PM

LOL. you have got me laughing my head off. but honestly.... what i said was an example of how somebody can become a sterotype if just believe what is being told or sees. one does also have to believe that there are good people out there. :-) i have read threads about the russian mafia, and threads about being petrified of going out of the airport.

if it was so bad in Moscow, how come there are so many airlines flying into it? i did a check to look up prices and i could not believe the amount of airlines that fly into Moscow. and when it says something like 9 seats left or 3 seats left and you consider the amount of seats on a flight..... wow..... seems lot of people travel to there. now that gives me a different opinion. it means be careful but should be ok if use your head and common sense.

i have got one who, the same, said she was coming over actually tomorrow, the 29th. when she sent me a copy of her visa, it turned out it is a visa that is not valid for the UK but only valid for what are called the Schengen Countries. if she had made it to the airport she would have been refused boarding. and if she did make it to England, she would have been deported. i actually checked with british airways and she WAS booked on the flight and it said ticket paid!!!

is it her fault? i can call her a scammer. is it the agencies fault because they got her the wrong visa? i don't know. i noticed the mistake and told her to contact the agency and see what is going on. i am keeping an open mind on the whole matter.

anyway, is the next door neighbours wife nice looking? and how much did the renewal cost? LOL. (p.s. hope no offence was taken. i was actually planning to visit friends in USA. but it was in texas).

Hank
08-28-2005, 02:23 PM
Hey - no offense taken. I assumed that you were trying to make a point. I understood what you were doing. Every country / culture has its stereotypes which are usually somewhat or totally false. (Is it true that women in the UK are ugly and have bad teeth???? (lol)). I am sure that some folks will not get your special brand of humor and will trash you!!

From my experience, every place (Russia, US, UK, etc.) has those areas that you just stay away from unless you are looking for trouble.

My neighbor's wife......well....she looks better after I take a bunch of drugs. Texas.....well that is like its own country. Great place. Cheers.

Hank
08-28-2005, 02:23 PM
Hey - no offense taken. I assumed that you were trying to make a point. I understood what you were doing. Every country / culture has its stereotypes which are usually somewhat or totally false. (Is it true that women in the UK are ugly and have bad teeth???? (lol)). I am sure that some folks will not get your special brand of humor and will trash you!!

From my experience, every place (Russia, US, UK, etc.) has those areas that you just stay away from unless you are looking for trouble.

My neighbor's wife......well....she looks better after I take a bunch of drugs. Texas.....well that is like its own country. Great place. Cheers.

nick20045
08-28-2005, 02:43 PM

no problem. can take a few punches if need be. LOL.

women in UK ...... well there are the nice ones (usually will cost an arm and a leg to take her out on a date), or she will be a junkie (know a few who are good looking but will not touch them as they are on smack) and yes there are the ones like dogs. the latter ones can usually pick them out when they order the first drink. usually it is a pint of lager. if you ask her if she wants a half glass, she will give you a funny stare (as if you are stupid) and drink that pint within 2 gulps. if she then asks you for a cigaretter....... you're in for the night. LOL. main problem with them is they know how to through a good punch as well. :))))) teeth, i would say 65% of the population have stained teeth of some percentage.

i agree with you about all countries have places to stay away from. i know pubs over here that will not do pvc windows due to amount of times somebody flies out of a window after a fight. (i think we got that one from looking at too many westerns....... so blaiming on you americans LOL). where i live, on the weekend in the city, police walk the streets with dogs to stop fights!!! so yeah, they exist in all countries.

tip about the neighbours wife. keep her as we say "any port in a storm" LOL. and Texas I know. the independent state. :)

now i'm off to watch Fox News. :)))))))

nick20045
08-28-2005, 02:43 PM

no problem. can take a few punches if need be. LOL.

women in UK ...... well there are the nice ones (usually will cost an arm and a leg to take her out on a date), or she will be a junkie (know a few who are good looking but will not touch them as they are on smack) and yes there are the ones like dogs. the latter ones can usually pick them out when they order the first drink. usually it is a pint of lager. if you ask her if she wants a half glass, she will give you a funny stare (as if you are stupid) and drink that pint within 2 gulps. if she then asks you for a cigaretter....... you're in for the night. LOL. main problem with them is they know how to through a good punch as well. :))))) teeth, i would say 65% of the population have stained teeth of some percentage.

i agree with you about all countries have places to stay away from. i know pubs over here that will not do pvc windows due to amount of times somebody flies out of a window after a fight. (i think we got that one from looking at too many westerns....... so blaiming on you americans LOL). where i live, on the weekend in the city, police walk the streets with dogs to stop fights!!! so yeah, they exist in all countries.

tip about the neighbours wife. keep her as we say "any port in a storm" LOL. and Texas I know. the independent state. :)

now i'm off to watch Fox News. :)))))))