PDA

View Full Version : Are you being scammed?

isuccess
09-13-2005, 08:24 AM
I know they are beautiful. But most are trying to get out of Russia and they see Americans as "dumb" Don't prove them right.

If they are asking for money, even small amounts, move on. That's your red flag. This whole thing is turned into a business in Russia.
The chances of any of these ladies falling in love with you are pretty dim. To most of them you're a free green card and ticket to America. That's the reality. Now, to avoid being scammed, you need to find the exceptions. First rule is, find someone who has at least enough money to pay for their airfare and entry into the U.S. Tell them you will pay them back AFTER they arrive here. Don't send any money. Be smart. Think with your right head or your will be another statistic.

There are sincere ladies in Russia but you can count on the fact taht a good 80% are just trying to get out. If you're 50 and your lady is 21, red flag. If you're 65 and your lady is 30. Red flag. 10 years apart is where you should probably draw the line.

If they claim they are physicians, etc. verify it. Verify everything they say and never send any money.
Spend some time in Russia. Russians are pretty smart people and if you snooze on sharpening your B.S. detector, you will lose.

Only use reliable, genuine dating sites. If the girls sounds too good to be true, she probably is. Quit thinking about how beautiful she is and the fireworks during your honey moon with her. Think about what she's saying to you and what she's asking for.

IF you're calling her more than she's calling you, trouble.

Put yourself in their place and ask: If I were a beautiful russian woman, what would I tell these American guys?"
Answer: what you want to hear. Psychology 101.

I hope this helps you avoid not only a broken heart, but also protect your wallet. Remember: if they can't afford a plane ticket, they can't afford to have you. Most sob stories are just that, sob stories. DOn't fall for it. Offer to refund any money they invest to come meet the man of their dreams. You will notice that the cons will not answer your emails anymore and they will realize they are dealing with a smart guy. End of story. Only Fools rush in, as the song goes.

elenag
09-13-2005, 03:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by isuccess

First rule is, find someone who has at least enough money to pay for their airfare and entry into the U.S. Tell them you will pay them back AFTER they arrive here. Don't send any money.

I disagree. First of all, she can't come to the US without a fiancee visa, and for that you need to meet face to face. Once you met her and her family, the monthly support (if any), flowers, peresents to her and her family already cost you $$$. So, don't look like a paranoid idiot. If you met her, and her family, and you have known each other for some time - do not request her to buy her own tickets.

I have been happiliy married to an American for the last 5 years. He paid for my visa, trip to Moscow (to get it), for my tickets (and even extra for some nice things to do while my last few days in Russia), and had given me probably over $1000 in monthly support for months while the paperwork was processed.

Have he acted like what the author of the post suggests here, our marriage would never happen (I would dump him without hesitation).

quote:There are sincere ladies in Russia but you can count on the fact taht a good 80% are just trying to get out. If you're 50 and your lady is 21, red flag. If you're 65 and your lady is 30. Red flag. 10 years apart is where you should probably draw the line.

Again, I have been married to an AM for the last 5 years. He was 48 and I was 19-20 when we started correspondence. I am so glad he didn't "draw the line" just because we had a 28 years age difference (he says he is glad, too :))

I know several Russian-American couple with age difference 12-16 years. They are happy together (so far at least).

I do agree that the more the age difference, the more the risk, but I disagree that this should be considered a big red flag. When I was 20, I didn't want anyone younger than 35-40. I just didn't think guys of younger age were ready for marriage.

quote:IF you're calling her more than she's calling you, trouble.

Huh? I never called my hubby when I was still in Russia and we were dating... I didn't have the money to do that (and I wouldn't even know how to dial the US!)

I actually think that girls calling AM is a red flag. Scammers like to do that.

quote:Remember: if they can't afford a plane ticket, they can't afford to have you. Most sob stories are just that, sob stories. DOn't fall for it. Offer to refund any money they invest to come meet the man of their dreams. You will notice that the cons will not answer your emails anymore and they will realize they are dealing with a smart guy.
Whoever is writing this stuff is saying one dumb thing after another.

Most Russian can't afford a plane ticket to the US. Period. If you follow the advice this person gives you, you will eliminate 99% of the girls who could have made a good wife to you (just because they or their parents don't make a ton of money).

When I was writing to my future hubby, I didn't have any regular job or any education. I was using free internet from my brother's work place because I couldn't afford to go to an Internet cafe. My parents were both state workers without regular pay (meaning the gov would pay them maybe once ever 3-4 months, when the budget wasn't too low for other things like bribes and educational money for the governor's grandkids), they together were bringing maybe $100 per month, and they were feeding and clothing 2 kids (and a cat :)) on that amount. I couldn't afford a hamburger at McDonalds (forget a husband from the States!). My clothes were from bought at the Salvation Army last sale and I was walking home from my borther's office every night (about 4 miles trip) after writing to my hubby because I couldn't affort a bus ticket (when he found out he was so worried! He was aftaid I would get raped by some drunk punks one night).

My hubby would send me money for English lessons, and some extra to make sure I can do some fun stuff (like eating pizzas, buying some clothes, going to concerts, or going to Moscow to visit my friends there from time to time), plus for the bus pass :), and when I lost my access to free Internet he sent me a laptop (that he bought here and shipped to me by FedEx), he really took care of me and that is the reason why I dumped 100 other guys writing to me and decided to go serious with him. The other guys behaved like weak, indecisive, unreliable people. I said to myself, "I need a man, not a chicken. He is the only one who seems to care enough about me to take care of my needs". The bottom line is: if he didn't take care of me BEFORE marriage I would think he is not going to take care of me after the marriage.

elenag
09-13-2005, 03:33 PM

First rule is, find someone who has at least enough money to pay for their airfare and entry into the U.S. Tell them you will pay them back AFTER they arrive here. Don't send any money.

I disagree. First of all, she can't come to the US without a fiancee visa, and for that you need to meet face to face. Once you met her and her family, the monthly support (if any), flowers, peresents to her and her family already cost you $$$. So, don't look like a paranoid idiot. If you met her, and her family, and you have known each other for some time - do not request her to buy her own tickets.

I have been happiliy married to an American for the last 5 years. He paid for my visa, trip to Moscow (to get it), for my tickets (and even extra for some nice things to do while my last few days in Russia), and had given me probably over $1000 in monthly support for months while the paperwork was processed.

Have he acted like what the author of the post suggests here, our marriage would never happen (I would dump him without hesitation).

quote:There are sincere ladies in Russia but you can count on the fact taht a good 80% are just trying to get out. If you're 50 and your lady is 21, red flag. If you're 65 and your lady is 30. Red flag. 10 years apart is where you should probably draw the line.

Again, I have been married to an AM for the last 5 years. He was 48 and I was 19-20 when we started correspondence. I am so glad he didn't "draw the line" just because we had a 28 years age difference (he says he is glad, too :))

I know several Russian-American couple with age difference 12-16 years. They are happy together (so far at least).

I do agree that the more the age difference, the more the risk, but I disagree that this should be considered a big red flag. When I was 20, I didn't want anyone younger than 35-40. I just didn't think guys of younger age were ready for marriage.

quote:IF you're calling her more than she's calling you, trouble.

Huh? I never called my hubby when I was still in Russia and we were dating... I didn't have the money to do that (and I wouldn't even know how to dial the US!)

I actually think that girls calling AM is a red flag. Scammers like to do that.

quote:Remember: if they can't afford a plane ticket, they can't afford to have you. Most sob stories are just that, sob stories. DOn't fall for it. Offer to refund any money they invest to come meet the man of their dreams. You will notice that the cons will not answer your emails anymore and they will realize they are dealing with a smart guy.
Whoever is writing this stuff is saying one dumb thing after another.

Most Russian can't afford a plane ticket to the US. Period. If you follow the advice this person gives you, you will eliminate 99% of the girls who could have made a good wife to you (just because they or their parents don't make a ton of money).

When I was writing to my future hubby, I didn't have any regular job or any education. I was using free internet from my brother's work place because I couldn't afford to go to an Internet cafe. My parents were both state workers without regular pay (meaning the gov would pay them maybe once ever 3-4 months, when the budget wasn't too low for other things like bribes and educational money for the governor's grandkids), they together were bringing maybe $100 per month, and they were feeding and clothing 2 kids (and a cat :)) on that amount. I couldn't afford a hamburger at McDonalds (forget a husband from the States!). My clothes were from bought at the Salvation Army last sale and I was walking home from my borther's office every night (about 4 miles trip) after writing to my hubby because I couldn't affort a bus ticket (when he found out he was so worried! He was aftaid I would get raped by some drunk punks one night).

My hubby would send me money for English lessons, and some extra to make sure I can do some fun stuff (like eating pizzas, buying some clothes, going to concerts, or going to Moscow to visit my friends there from time to time), plus for the bus pass :), and when I lost my access to free Internet he sent me a laptop (that he bought here and shipped to me by FedEx), he really took care of me and that is the reason why I dumped 100 other guys writing to me and decided to go serious with him. The other guys behaved like weak, indecisive, unreliable people. I said to myself, "I need a man, not a chicken. He is the only one who seems to care enough about me to take care of my needs". The bottom line is: if he didn't take care of me BEFORE marriage I would think he is not going to take care of me after the marriage.

isuccess
09-13-2005, 06:21 PM
Just because you've been married for 5 years, doesn't mean anything. With your age difference, you hubby may croak long before you do. 15-28 years difference? Please. What woman do you know who's 20 and looks for a guy in his 40s and 50s? You don't find this strange? Who is the idiot here? What you find dumb is actually good advice for American males not to get duped.

And why is it all about "your needs" your wants and not the men's? I have a friend who was dating and eventually married a Brazilian girl and she paid her way to get to America so your logic is flawed. Tell you what, he shouldn't send money for plane tickets, but put it on his credit card instead in case she bails out with his money. That way he knows the girl wants a plane ticket and not the money to buy clothes, pizza or whatever. Sounds like she's already depending on him financially even before they tie the knot! It's this take care of me attitude that's so arrogant. Get your own pizza, will ya?

I know it's not easy to get visas out of the country. I also agree that the guy should go visit the girl's parents, etc. But for the most part, truthfully speaking, most of the Russian women I am familiar with are looking for men much older than themselves and for a good reason. Interesting enough, they are looking for financial stability and a sponsor. 25 year old guys, for the most part, are not interested in finding love from Russia and most are not financially stable. But when an American male is in his 40s and 50s, been through one or two marriages, has children, etc., a stable job or business, etc., he's more vulnerable to getting hooked up with a Russian bride. Besides, what males do you know in their 40s and 50s, when given a chance, would not want to date, mate and marry an attractive, primal 20-25 year old? So, knowing that, many women are looking for vulnerable men.

Only an "idiot" as you so eloquently mention, would think that a 20 year old is truly in love with him when he's as old as her father or grandfather. While this is possible, it's not the rule in most cultures and definitely not in the United States. Ask any college-age girl in America if she's interested in marrying some 40-50 year old guy and you will get one simply answer: NO. or, alternatively...well, if he's rich. Other than that, most 20-25 year olds in America are not looking for vulnerable middle-aged guys to pair up with. Before you go calling people idiots for expressing their opinions, you should spend a few more years in THIS country to figure out how our culture works. Let me ask you this? Do you have children with this middle aged guy you married? Children shows commitment to a marriage, when you are able to have them. Don't let me guess that you will say you are unable to have children.

My take is that in most cases, after 5 years is past and citizenship status is eminent, that most will take off, leaving their middle-aged husbands living the illusion that there were loved by some 20 year old. But that's just me. I speak for myself and not everyone else out there. Each case is different but most cases fall into the same category. The fact that many Russian women are trying to leave the country leaves room for a LOT of doubt about their true motives and many dumb American males fall for it. Their chances of marrying a 20-25 year old here are pretty slim so they resort to seeking love elsewhere. That's just the way it is. Of course a lonely, 40-50 year old is going to fall for a pretty 20-25 year old. Who are we kidding? It's primal instinct at work here. I have seen a 56-year old with a friend of mine who was 26. Looked like a father taking his daughther to the movies. The Lolita syndrome.

isuccess
09-13-2005, 06:21 PM
Just because you've been married for 5 years, doesn't mean anything. With your age difference, you hubby may croak long before you do. 15-28 years difference? Please. What woman do you know who's 20 and looks for a guy in his 40s and 50s? You don't find this strange? Who is the idiot here? What you find dumb is actually good advice for American males not to get duped.

And why is it all about "your needs" your wants and not the men's? I have a friend who was dating and eventually married a Brazilian girl and she paid her way to get to America so your logic is flawed. Tell you what, he shouldn't send money for plane tickets, but put it on his credit card instead in case she bails out with his money. That way he knows the girl wants a plane ticket and not the money to buy clothes, pizza or whatever. Sounds like she's already depending on him financially even before they tie the knot! It's this take care of me attitude that's so arrogant. Get your own pizza, will ya?

I know it's not easy to get visas out of the country. I also agree that the guy should go visit the girl's parents, etc. But for the most part, truthfully speaking, most of the Russian women I am familiar with are looking for men much older than themselves and for a good reason. Interesting enough, they are looking for financial stability and a sponsor. 25 year old guys, for the most part, are not interested in finding love from Russia and most are not financially stable. But when an American male is in his 40s and 50s, been through one or two marriages, has children, etc., a stable job or business, etc., he's more vulnerable to getting hooked up with a Russian bride. Besides, what males do you know in their 40s and 50s, when given a chance, would not want to date, mate and marry an attractive, primal 20-25 year old? So, knowing that, many women are looking for vulnerable men.

Only an "idiot" as you so eloquently mention, would think that a 20 year old is truly in love with him when he's as old as her father or grandfather. While this is possible, it's not the rule in most cultures and definitely not in the United States. Ask any college-age girl in America if she's interested in marrying some 40-50 year old guy and you will get one simply answer: NO. or, alternatively...well, if he's rich. Other than that, most 20-25 year olds in America are not looking for vulnerable middle-aged guys to pair up with. Before you go calling people idiots for expressing their opinions, you should spend a few more years in THIS country to figure out how our culture works. Let me ask you this? Do you have children with this middle aged guy you married? Children shows commitment to a marriage, when you are able to have them. Don't let me guess that you will say you are unable to have children.

My take is that in most cases, after 5 years is past and citizenship status is eminent, that most will take off, leaving their middle-aged husbands living the illusion that there were loved by some 20 year old. But that's just me. I speak for myself and not everyone else out there. Each case is different but most cases fall into the same category. The fact that many Russian women are trying to leave the country leaves room for a LOT of doubt about their true motives and many dumb American males fall for it. Their chances of marrying a 20-25 year old here are pretty slim so they resort to seeking love elsewhere. That's just the way it is. Of course a lonely, 40-50 year old is going to fall for a pretty 20-25 year old. Who are we kidding? It's primal instinct at work here. I have seen a 56-year old with a friend of mine who was 26. Looked like a father taking his daughther to the movies. The Lolita syndrome.

elenag
09-13-2005, 06:28 PM
I am not going to sit here and argue with you. What you wrote in your orginal post shows very minimal (if any) knowledge of Russian culture. And as such I do not think you need to be offering your advise to others. You are not there yet yourself, I think.

Arguing with you would be (not, not a complete), but a waste of time for me. You obviously have very strong opinion on this mater, and I doubt I will be able to convince you otherwise even if I killed myself trying.

So, whatever.

elenag
09-13-2005, 06:28 PM
I am not going to sit here and argue with you. What you wrote in your orginal post shows very minimal (if any) knowledge of Russian culture. And as such I do not think you need to be offering your advise to others. You are not there yet yourself, I think.

Arguing with you would be (not, not a complete), but a waste of time for me. You obviously have very strong opinion on this mater, and I doubt I will be able to convince you otherwise even if I killed myself trying.

So, whatever.

isuccess
09-13-2005, 06:35 PM
quote:Arguing with you would be (not, not a complete), but a waste of time for me. So, whatever

That's what I figured. Arguing with me would simply expose all the crap that you so eloquently tried to defend. I know more about the Russian culture than you think and I also know what goes on there with the marriage mills or do you think those model-like pictures that girls take with professional photographers is just to find love? It's a business. It's the business of leaving Russia for something better. The U.S. is just one target. I know many also want to move to Italy, The U.K., S. America, etc. All looking for middle-aged, stable or rich men to settle with. Why the emphasis on older males? That's not "all" Russian culture. That's marriage mill culture.

Somewhere here and there "true love" happens but it's more the exception than the rule. So, I don't care if you argue or not but if you're going to debate something, then put forth some valid points besides what you wrote. So I am not losing anything. I know the truth hurts but I am for American males not getting duped by con artists. End of story.

isuccess
09-13-2005, 06:35 PM
quote:Arguing with you would be (not, not a complete), but a waste of time for me. So, whatever

That's what I figured. Arguing with me would simply expose all the crap that you so eloquently tried to defend. I know more about the Russian culture than you think and I also know what goes on there with the marriage mills or do you think those model-like pictures that girls take with professional photographers is just to find love? It's a business. It's the business of leaving Russia for something better. The U.S. is just one target. I know many also want to move to Italy, The U.K., S. America, etc. All looking for middle-aged, stable or rich men to settle with. Why the emphasis on older males? That's not "all" Russian culture. That's marriage mill culture.

Somewhere here and there "true love" happens but it's more the exception than the rule. So, I don't care if you argue or not but if you're going to debate something, then put forth some valid points besides what you wrote. So I am not losing anything. I know the truth hurts but I am for American males not getting duped by con artists. End of story.

elenag
09-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Gee, you are one angry person my friend. I am not even going to respond to you calling my story "crap" (which you should really apologize for, I think.)

See ya.

elenag
09-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Gee, you are one angry person my friend. I am not even going to respond to you calling my story "crap" (which you should really apologize for, I think.)

See ya.

isuccess
09-13-2005, 06:47 PM
Nope, I am not angry. That's your interpretation. You're just barked up the wrong tree.
http://TheMediaPilot.com

isuccess
09-13-2005, 06:47 PM
Nope, I am not angry. That's your interpretation. You're just barked up the wrong tree.

elenag
09-13-2005, 06:53 PM
I didn't understand that, but whatever. As I said, I don't see how you can possibly know something about RU culture after what you wrote, but you pose as some kind of "know all"... , I just don't think you need to think of yourself as such.

that's all. bye.

elenag
09-13-2005, 06:53 PM
I didn't understand that, but whatever. As I said, I don't see how you can possibly know something about RU culture after what you wrote, but you pose as some kind of "know all"... , I just don't think you need to think of yourself as such.

that's all. bye.

isuccess
09-13-2005, 07:03 PM
You said bye but you keep coming back. I have not been a victim of a Russian scam and I don't hate Russian women. I find them very pretty and highly intelligent. Their intelligence level is far beyond the average American female. You and I know that, if you're Russian. What I am arguing here, by myself, if you really go away, is the "sham" marriages and the age difference cases where it's obvious someone is getting used. I am not saying that YOU and your HUBBY are using each other. I don't know you so I can't make that assessment.

Don't mistake "know-it-all" with "experience". Experience generates wisdom and knowledge and am probably double your age.

I am saying that in most cases, there is an obvious need to leave the country and pair up with a stable male, usually middle-aged, somewhere else. I have not said anything bad about Russian culture. You're interpreting it wrong. I am talking about scams and shams. I am also talking about the fact that most dating profiles from Russian are seeking stable males much older than themselves. Anyone with a brain would find this to be a red flag. People in the world don't go around, as the majority, marrying people double their age. It's the exception, not the rule. You mean to tell me that most Russian women want to marry guys as old as their fathers? Come on! You must know different.

isuccess
09-13-2005, 07:03 PM
You said bye but you keep coming back. I have not been a victim of a Russian scam and I don't hate Russian women. I find them very pretty and highly intelligent. Their intelligence level is far beyond the average American female. You and I know that, if you're Russian. What I am arguing here, by myself, if you really go away, is the "sham" marriages and the age difference cases where it's obvious someone is getting used. I am not saying that YOU and your HUBBY are using each other. I don't know you so I can't make that assessment.

Don't mistake "know-it-all" with "experience". Experience generates wisdom and knowledge and am probably double your age.

I am saying that in most cases, there is an obvious need to leave the country and pair up with a stable male, usually middle-aged, somewhere else. I have not said anything bad about Russian culture. You're interpreting it wrong. I am talking about scams and shams. I am also talking about the fact that most dating profiles from Russian are seeking stable males much older than themselves. Anyone with a brain would find this to be a red flag. People in the world don't go around, as the majority, marrying people double their age. It's the exception, not the rule. You mean to tell me that most Russian women want to marry guys as old as their fathers? Come on! You must know different.

elenag
09-13-2005, 07:11 PM
I am saying "bye" because I am expecting you to finally go away. :)))

Wisdom in your case is a very questionable thing in my opinion. I don't think you have enough knowledge to build a wisdom yet (MY OPINION, DON'T TAKE PERSONAL!)

You comment about her buying her own ticket killed me. I can tell you neve been through the procees yet (it almost looks to me as if you have learned about immigration process from the scammers' letters!:)))). I am not talking about girls from other countries. Russia and UA only.

Why you keep refrring to girls settling in with a middle age guy from outside of Russia as a bad thing? I thought it was a good idea. I am still thinking it is a good idea. My friends who did the same think it wasn't a bad idea also. What's wrong with that?

elenag
09-13-2005, 07:11 PM
I am saying "bye" because I am expecting you to finally go away. :)))

Wisdom in your case is a very questionable thing in my opinion. I don't think you have enough knowledge to build a wisdom yet (MY OPINION, DON'T TAKE PERSONAL!)

You comment about her buying her own ticket killed me. I can tell you neve been through the procees yet (it almost looks to me as if you have learned about immigration process from the scammers' letters!:)))). I am not talking about girls from other countries. Russia and UA only.

Why you keep refrring to girls settling in with a middle age guy from outside of Russia as a bad thing? I thought it was a good idea. I am still thinking it is a good idea. My friends who did the same think it wasn't a bad idea also. What's wrong with that?

isuccess
09-13-2005, 07:54 PM
quote:Why you keep refrring to girls settling in with a middle age guy from outside of Russia as a bad thing? I thought it was a good idea. I am still thinking it is a good idea. My friends who did the same think it wasn't a bad idea also. What's wrong with that?

Go away? I started this thread and you are the one who butted in, remember? Guess not. OK. Of course, in your view, settling down with a middle-aged guy is not a bad idea. Let me ask you this...When you can settle down with a middle aged guy that pampers you and supports you and gives you things and gets you out of a sad economy in Russia, I'd have to agree with you that your friends don't think it's a bad thing either. Of course not. Who doesn't want to be taken care of? Now, the things we do for LOVE...right...yeah, right.

And yes I think the middle-aged thing is a bad thing. I am entitled to think that and to an opinion. This is America and we do have freedom of expression to speak our minds. Now I may be wrong, but I still think that the middle-age pairing up is for financial security rather than emotional stability. You didn't answer any of my questions on the previous post so I assume that you have nothing to answer me. That's fine. But learn this, you can't tell the person who started the thread to go away.

That is not your option. This is a forum about scams, remember? We're talking about all forms of scams. Seeking out middle-aged guys and induce them to fall in love with 20 year old hot-bods is a form of scam, emotional or otherwise. It's taking advantage of vulnerable males, many going through their middle-age crisis and who have convinced themselves that there is no hope for the average American woman. So they seek love elsewhere.

FYI, the number of males in this country who are 40-50 marrying 20 something year olds is pretty slim. I believe that in Russia it's the same way, except, when they want to leave the country. Then, it's all right, with the family's blessings. See the pictures of all those darlings on this site? They are all scammers. Pretty scammers.

isuccess
09-13-2005, 07:54 PM
quote:Why you keep refrring to girls settling in with a middle age guy from outside of Russia as a bad thing? I thought it was a good idea. I am still thinking it is a good idea. My friends who did the same think it wasn't a bad idea also. What's wrong with that?

Go away? I started this thread and you are the one who butted in, remember? Guess not. OK. Of course, in your view, settling down with a middle-aged guy is not a bad idea. Let me ask you this...When you can settle down with a middle aged guy that pampers you and supports you and gives you things and gets you out of a sad economy in Russia, I'd have to agree with you that your friends don't think it's a bad thing either. Of course not. Who doesn't want to be taken care of? Now, the things we do for LOVE...right...yeah, right.

And yes I think the middle-aged thing is a bad thing. I am entitled to think that and to an opinion. This is America and we do have freedom of expression to speak our minds. Now I may be wrong, but I still think that the middle-age pairing up is for financial security rather than emotional stability. You didn't answer any of my questions on the previous post so I assume that you have nothing to answer me. That's fine. But learn this, you can't tell the person who started the thread to go away.

That is not your option. This is a forum about scams, remember? We're talking about all forms of scams. Seeking out middle-aged guys and induce them to fall in love with 20 year old hot-bods is a form of scam, emotional or otherwise. It's taking advantage of vulnerable males, many going through their middle-age crisis and who have convinced themselves that there is no hope for the average American woman. So they seek love elsewhere.

FYI, the number of males in this country who are 40-50 marrying 20 something year olds is pretty slim. I believe that in Russia it's the same way, except, when they want to leave the country. Then, it's all right, with the family's blessings. See the pictures of all those darlings on this site? They are all scammers. Pretty scammers.

elenag
09-13-2005, 08:00 PM
you mean on this black list?

of course, that's why they are here! :)

you can be realy, really funny.

elenag
09-13-2005, 08:00 PM
you mean on this black list?

isuccess
09-13-2005, 08:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by elenag

you mean this black list?

Don't stroke my ego now! :D THe fact that they are here only proves my point, doesn't it? If they were marrying for love, there would be no need for a black list, right?

OK Elena or whatever your name is...in the scheme of things, some Russian dating services women marry for love - 1% and the rest are trying to bail out of Russia. There is a problem with our math. 99%
of the males here think they are marrying for love too. Duh.

When males look at those sexy pictures of pretty babes on Russian sites, many can't stop salivating like overheated Labradors. That's the problem. They can't think straight. Next thing you know, their brain and whatever is taking them all the way to Russia to find a mate. Then they run around like wild apes showing off their bride to all their friends? Why? Cause their 40-50 year old buddies will be salivating now and wishing they'd find a 20-year old like that too.
Some will even leave their sagging, yet faithful wives, to dabble into the unknown Russian brides world. Sad.

It's amazing what a man is willing to do to find a mate. [:p]

isuccess
09-13-2005, 08:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by elenag

you mean this black list?

Don't stroke my ego now! :D THe fact that they are here only proves my point, doesn't it? If they were marrying for love, there would be no need for a black list, right?

OK Elena or whatever your name is...in the scheme of things, some Russian dating services women marry for love - 1% and the rest are trying to bail out of Russia. There is a problem with our math. 99%
of the males here think they are marrying for love too. Duh.

When males look at those sexy pictures of pretty babes on Russian sites, many can't stop salivating like overheated Labradors. That's the problem. They can't think straight. Next thing you know, their brain and whatever is taking them all the way to Russia to find a mate. Then they run around like wild apes showing off their bride to all their friends? Why? Cause their 40-50 year old buddies will be salivating now and wishing they'd find a 20-year old like that too.
Some will even leave their sagging, yet faithful wives, to dabble into the unknown Russian brides world. Sad.

It's amazing what a man is willing to do to find a mate. [:p]

elenag
09-13-2005, 08:14 PM
I don't know what black list you are looking at, but on the black list I am looking at the girls are not marrying anyone.. in fact, most of them are not even girls.

I was glad to bail out of Russia. I didn't plan for it to happen that way, but it happened, and I am glad. I never said I loved my husband. I was never looking for a love in the first place. I never said my friends love their husband. I don't think they (my friends) were looking for love either. Their husbands may have been looking for love, but I think they were glad to settle in with their Russian girlfriends, love or not love. We all were looking to GET MARRIED. Start a family. Not be lonely. Have someone to share a life with.

And so far all of them (and me, and my hubby, and the hubbies of my friends) are very happy with the marriages we are in, and pray the things don't change. I don't see what's your problem with that.

And my name is Elena. My last name is Garrett. What's your name?

elenag
09-13-2005, 08:14 PM
I don't know what black list you are looking at, but on the black list I am looking at the girls are not marrying anyone.. in fact, most of them are not even girls.

I was glad to bail out of Russia. I didn't plan for it to happen that way, but it happened, and I am glad. I never said I loved my husband. I was never looking for a love in the first place. I never said my friends love their husband. I don't think they (my friends) were looking for love either. Their husbands may have been looking for love, but I think they were glad to settle in with their Russian girlfriends, love or not love. We all were looking to GET MARRIED. Start a family. Not be lonely. Have someone to share a life with.

And so far all of them (and me, and my hubby, and the hubbies of my friends) are very happy with the marriages we are in, and pray the things don't change. I don't see what's your problem with that.

And my name is Elena. My last name is Garrett. What's your name?

isuccess
09-13-2005, 08:19 PM
quote:in fact, most of them are not even girls.

My goodness. Those pretty faces are actual males??? Ahrgh...Now that's a bummer to bring home a male thinking you found a wife!:D
Terrible honeymoon if you ask me! At least she won't roll over and fall out of bed.

Now...I am talking about the pictures of Russian girls on this site. The ones that are portrayed as scammers.

Favorite Sites For Now:
http://scam.com
http://roiclicks.com
http://sitetran.com

isuccess
09-13-2005, 08:19 PM
quote:in fact, most of them are not even girls.

My goodness. Those pretty faces are actual males??? Ahrgh...Now that's a bummer to bring home a male thinking you found a wife!:D
Terrible honeymoon if you ask me! At least she won't roll over and fall out of bed.

Now...I am talking about the pictures of Russian girls on this site. The ones that are portrayed as scammers.

Favorite Sites For Now:

isuccess
09-13-2005, 08:25 PM
I see. You stated you and your friends weren't looking for Love...OK. thanks for being honest. You said you just wanted to get married. Thanks for being honest again.
Now we're talking. The truth is that people want to bail out of Russia and many American males are fed up with what's available here. Now Love...well. love may happen or may not happen. I guess there is no written rule that to get married you have to be in love. Sometimes just good sex will do. But in the idealistic world, marriage and love are supposed to "go together" or it can happen later.

I know your friends and others like them want to bail out. You said that yourself. That in itself doesn't make you a BAD person or even a scammer. Scammers take your money and run or cheat and dump you.

There is nothing wrong with bailing out. Hey, If I were a pretty Russian woman - sex change required - I would want to bail out too. Why be stuck in Chernogolovka with no future?

Favorite Sites For Now:

isuccess
09-13-2005, 08:25 PM
I see. You stated you and your friends weren't looking for Love...OK. thanks for being honest. You said you just wanted to get married. Thanks for being honest again.
Now we're talking. The truth is that people want to bail out of Russia and many American males are fed up with what's available here. Now Love...well. love may happen or may not happen. I guess there is no written rule that to get married you have to be in love. Sometimes just good sex will do. But in the idealistic world, marriage and love are supposed to "go together" or it can happen later.

I know your friends and others like them want to bail out. You said that yourself. That in itself doesn't make you a BAD person or even a scammer. Scammers take your money and run or cheat and dump you.

There is nothing wrong with bailing out. Hey, If I were a pretty Russian woman - sex change required - I would want to bail out too. Why be stuck in Chernogolovka with no future?

Favorite Sites For Now:

elenag
09-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Don't tell me that you think that the girls on the pictures are actually the ones who are conducting the scams!?!?! :D

Oh, my God. We got a virgin here!!! :D

elenag
09-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Don't tell me that you think that the girls on the pictures are actually the ones who are conducting the scams!?!?! :D

Oh, my God. We got a virgin here!!! :D

isuccess
09-13-2005, 08:31 PM
A virgin?:D Ha, that made me laugh!:D

No, i don't think the girls are conducting the scams. Males are. The girls are just the product, capisce?

Favorite Sites For Now:

isuccess
09-13-2005, 08:31 PM
A virgin?:D Ha, that made me laugh!:D

No, i don't think the girls are conducting the scams. Males are. The girls are just the product, capisce?

Favorite Sites For Now:

elenag
09-13-2005, 08:37 PM
quote:I guess there is no written rule that to get married you have to be in love. Sometimes just good sex will do. But in the idealistic world, marriage and love are supposed to "go together" or it can happen later.

I think I have heard it somewhere... wait... yes, here it is...

LOVE AND MARRIGE
LOVE AND MARRIGE
GO TOGETHER LIKE
A HORSE AND CARRIAGE...
[:o)]

In ideal word many things happen. But we live in real life. That's why there is a Walgreens on every darn corner. :D

But if serious, I gave up on love when I saw my best friends's marriages (with love bigger than the sky) all fall apart, one by one. ALL of them.

I wanted a marriage that would last. So I decided to never marry anyone I am actually in love with.

My frieds (the one married to AMs right now) all have been through the "love marriage". All they got out of it was kids and an occasional child support.

I am not saying love is bad. (and I wouldn't make fun of anybody in love... I respect that feeling, and I respect people who are in love with others). I just think that you don't need to proclaim that ladies looking for marry someone without love are scammers. They could be scammers. Or they could be not. So, keep that in mind and do not make absolute statements any more.

elenag
09-13-2005, 08:37 PM
quote:I guess there is no written rule that to get married you have to be in love. Sometimes just good sex will do. But in the idealistic world, marriage and love are supposed to "go together" or it can happen later.

I think I have heard it somewhere... wait... yes, here it is...

LOVE AND MARRIGE
LOVE AND MARRIGE
GO TOGETHER LIKE
A HORSE AND CARRIAGE...
[:o)]

In ideal word many things happen. But we live in real life. That's why there is a Walgreens on every darn corner. :D

But if serious, I gave up on love when I saw my best friends's marriages (with love bigger than the sky) all fall apart, one by one. ALL of them.

I wanted a marriage that would last. So I decided to never marry anyone I am actually in love with.

My frieds (the one married to AMs right now) all have been through the "love marriage". All they got out of it was kids and an occasional child support.

I am not saying love is bad. (and I wouldn't make fun of anybody in love... I respect that feeling, and I respect people who are in love with others). I just think that you don't need to proclaim that ladies looking for marry someone without love are scammers. They could be scammers. Or they could be not. So, keep that in mind and do not make absolute statements any more.

isuccess
09-13-2005, 08:42 PM
quote: I just think that you don't need to proclaim that ladies looking for marry someone without love are scammers

Did I say that?
http://www.stop-scammers.com/scammer.asp?profile=1255
Yep...I agree. Look at the American female. Do they marry for love?
Maybe in the 70s,80s and possibly the 90s. Today, it seems, and I could be wrong, most marry for convenience or maybe there is a control issue. Some girls like to be in charge of "everything" and finding a male who's controlling spells "trouble" - In fact this is a typical trait for many women in this country. They'd rather marry a doe they can control than a successful doctor they can't deal with.

What's love anyway? Two old people holding on to each others' arms walking down the street are not in love! They are just preventing each other from falling down and breaking a hip.

Favorite Sites For Now:

isuccess
09-13-2005, 08:42 PM
quote: I just think that you don't need to proclaim that ladies looking for marry someone without love are scammers

Did I say that?
http://www.stop-scammers.com/scammer.asp?profile=1255
Yep...I agree. Look at the American female. Do they marry for love?
Maybe in the 70s,80s and possibly the 90s. Today, it seems, and I could be wrong, most marry for convenience or maybe there is a control issue. Some girls like to be in charge of "everything" and finding a male who's controlling spells "trouble" - In fact this is a typical trait for many women in this country. They'd rather marry a doe they can control than a successful doctor they can't deal with.

What's love anyway? Two old people holding on to each others' arms walking down the street are not in love! They are just preventing each other from falling down and breaking a hip.

Favorite Sites For Now:

elenag
09-13-2005, 08:47 PM
I don't know... when my hubby and I walk together we hold hands... (can we be considered an old couple? I mean, he is 54.. but I am only 26.. can we ba "half-old"?). Not because we are in love, but because it feels good.
But God, i am not going to argue about attributes of love anymore. Got work to do.
See ya. was nice chatting after all

elenag
09-13-2005, 08:47 PM
I don't know... when my hubby and I walk together we hold hands... (can we be considered an old couple? I mean, he is 54.. but I am only 26.. can we ba "half-old"?). Not because we are in love, but because it feels good.
But God, i am not going to argue about attributes of love anymore. Got work to do.
See ya. was nice chatting after all

isuccess
09-13-2005, 08:51 PM
quote:I mean, he is 54.. but I am only 26.. can we ba "half-old"?). Not because we are in love, but because it feels good.

Hold on to him, lest he fall. 26 and 54...wow. This guy is in 7th heaven. He's even older than I by quite many years. wow.
But i bet I am better looking.
I am working. I work for myself so I type while I do other things.
OK, then, Elena Garrett...[:0]

http://www.stanwardine.com/uwmin/goodbye_both.wav

Favorite Sites For Now:

isuccess
09-13-2005, 08:51 PM
quote:I mean, he is 54.. but I am only 26.. can we ba "half-old"?). Not because we are in love, but because it feels good.

Hold on to him, lest he fall. 26 and 54...wow. This guy is in 7th heaven. He's even older than I by quite many years. wow.
But i bet I am better looking.
I am working. I work for myself so I type while I do other things.
OK, then, Elena Garrett...[:0]

http://www.stanwardine.com/uwmin/goodbye_both.wav

Favorite Sites For Now:

elenag
09-13-2005, 08:54 PM
I liked the soundbite. Good luck to you and your lady.

elenag
09-13-2005, 08:54 PM
I liked the soundbite. Good luck to you and your lady.

jsk21
09-13-2005, 09:09 PM
Elena is right here. A middle age guy with a decent income should go over and get a young bride. Why not be happy? LOVE is something that can grow over time.

Still you've got to be careful.

isuccess you seem to think you've got it all figured out. Are you married yet?

You're idea that they can afford to buy a ticket to the US is hogwash. If they can afford the ticket they probably don't need an American man.

jsk21
09-13-2005, 09:09 PM
Elena is right here. A middle age guy with a decent income should go over and get a young bride. Why not be happy? LOVE is something that can grow over time.

Still you've got to be careful.

isuccess you seem to think you've got it all figured out. Are you married yet?

You're idea that they can afford to buy a ticket to the US is hogwash. If they can afford the ticket they probably don't need an American man.

Jag
09-13-2005, 09:54 PM
wow, what the thoughtful remark... totally agree
as for buying a ticket... well think you are right here also, if "mate" cannot afford a ticket to visit her/his "love" and wants only to get 1000 $ monthly to buy pizza I can only imagine this type of serious relationship. On the other hand, an old gentleman knows for what he pays
as for Elena Garrett
I always thought why this Russian woman run a black list and earn money selling doubtful private info of russian people ... now after her confession I recalled about a speck of dust into other eye
funny indeed

Jag
09-13-2005, 09:54 PM
wow, what the thoughtful remark... totally agree
as for buying a ticket... well think you are right here also, if "mate" cannot afford a ticket to visit her/his "love" and wants only to get 1000 $ monthly to buy pizza I can only imagine this type of serious relationship. On the other hand, an old gentleman knows for what he pays
as for Elena Garrett
I always thought why this Russian woman run a black list and earn money selling doubtful private info of russian people ... now after her confession I recalled about a speck of dust into other eye
funny indeed

elenag
09-14-2005, 04:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by Jag
funny indeed

So, what are you saying, exactly?

elenag
09-14-2005, 04:14 AM
funny indeed

So, what are you saying, exactly?

jsk21
09-14-2005, 12:34 PM
Elena is right in most of her points here. She wins the argument. Still you should be careful. Never support someone financially unless you've met them first in person and in my view get married over there and live with them a few months to see if you get along. Then and only then bring them back to the US [u]with you</u> on the same plane. I am glad your marriage has worked out Elena and I wish you more success than isuccess seems to have.:D

jsk21
09-14-2005, 12:34 PM
Elena is right in most of her points here. She wins the argument. Still you should be careful. Never support someone financially unless you've met them first in person and in my view get married over there and live with them a few months to see if you get along. Then and only then bring them back to the US [u]with you</u> on the same plane. I am glad your marriage has worked out Elena and I wish you more success than isuccess seems to have.:D

babe_in_rusland
09-14-2005, 08:59 PM
All I can say is to isuccess, if you're arguing with Elena Garrett, then you're completely overmatched. Elena has the facts, you have your silly opinions and not much else to go on. It's obvious you're uninformed because you don't even seem to be aware you're sparring with "The Russian Detective". Elena is well known as the keeper of one of the most authoritative websites on Russian scammers around.

So, to isuccess, go and read a little more about the subject before throwing your weight around.

To Elena, keep up the great work. There are many people who appreciate your efforts, but we don't always speak up loudly.

babe_in_rusland
09-14-2005, 08:59 PM
All I can say is to isuccess, if you're arguing with Elena Garrett, then you're completely overmatched. Elena has the facts, you have your silly opinions and not much else to go on. It's obvious you're uninformed because you don't even seem to be aware you're sparring with "The Russian Detective". Elena is well known as the keeper of one of the most authoritative websites on Russian scammers around.

So, to isuccess, go and read a little more about the subject before throwing your weight around.

To Elena, keep up the great work. There are many people who appreciate your efforts, but we don't always speak up loudly.

elenag
09-14-2005, 11:52 PM
Thanks, babe_! :)
I figured isuccess didn't know who I was, so it was fun to play for a while. :D
I appreciate your comments, though. :)

elenag
09-14-2005, 11:52 PM
Thanks, babe_! :)
I figured isuccess didn't know who I was, so it was fun to play for a while. :D
I appreciate your comments, though. :)

elenag
09-15-2005, 12:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by jsk21

I am glad your marriage has worked out Elena and I wish you more success than isuccess seems to have.:D

Thanks, jsk21! :)
Same to you!

elenag
09-15-2005, 12:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by jsk21

I am glad your marriage has worked out Elena and I wish you more success than isuccess seems to have.:D

Thanks, jsk21! :)
Same to you!

Jag
09-15-2005, 06:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by babe_in_rusland

Yeah, at one time she emptied wallets to eat pizza (wonder what kind of pizza you can eat for 1K per month), then has repented and began to scam again... only by other way

Ah, and what would she do if she met someone older than her husband who offer her a monthly supporting with 1200$

as for you babe? I also appreciate your efforts to boost Elena's business as you earn on it. Such double standards: to fight against scammers, scamming others.

Jag
09-15-2005, 06:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by babe_in_rusland

Yeah, at one time she emptied wallets to eat pizza (wonder what kind of pizza you can eat for 1K per month), then has repented and began to scam again... only by other way

Ah, and what would she do if she met someone older than her husband who offer her a monthly supporting with 1200$

as for you babe? I also appreciate your efforts to boost Elena's business as you earn on it. Such double standards: to fight against scammers, scamming others.

scam_hunter
09-15-2005, 03:46 PM
Isuccess is right on. Educate yourselves and investigate. It should take at least several months (3-6) before you start feeling a genuine love between each other, if the woman is serious and sincere. Most want let 2-4 weeks pass by before they are madly in love wiht you and they can not breathe without you. Again, just use your brain. If it doesn't fit right, then it's a scam.

Reggie Oglesby

scam_hunter
09-15-2005, 03:46 PM
Isuccess is right on. Educate yourselves and investigate. It should take at least several months (3-6) before you start feeling a genuine love between each other, if the woman is serious and sincere. Most want let 2-4 weeks pass by before they are madly in love wiht you and they can not breathe without you. Again, just use your brain. If it doesn't fit right, then it's a scam.

Reggie Oglesby

elenag
09-15-2005, 04:28 PM

Babe_, apparently, you have been making money (or something) off my agency without you or I even knowing it (or at least me for sure).

I am not sure about this Jag guy. I think he has issues that a little online chat will not fix. ;)

elenag
09-15-2005, 04:28 PM

Babe_, apparently, you have been making money (or something) off my agency without you or I even knowing it (or at least me for sure).

I am not sure about this Jag guy. I think he has issues that a little online chat will not fix. ;)

nick20045
09-15-2005, 04:32 PM
some good points by different sides but, with all due respect:

a: what makes americans think that everybody wants to live there? i don't. do not even want to visit on holiday!!!!! from what i have seen on the telly (american movies, fox news, series tv) no thanks.

b: let us imagine a scenario. you are 45. she is 38. not a big age difference. you write to each other 3 months. you make plans to meet. you travel to russia. you take a 15 hour train to where she lives. knock on the door. Yuri replies "thank you for brining the money to my door" and shows you an AK47. It can happen!!!

c: do you think it is only thailand where parents sell their children?

i think there is too much paranoia. chill out guys/gals. use your heads. think logic.

i am going to meet a woman and her kid later on this year. she was on about visiting me. i said ok. give me the date. i booked the tickets, booked the hotel (we are meeting in malta as it is a lot easier to get a visa for there). paid with my credit card. asked her for the address and will post the tickets to her. told her nearer the date will send her US$100 for the train and taxi fare. that is it!!!!

she is getting a free holiday. i am meeting her. if we like each other then i will visit her in russia.

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on

nick20045
09-15-2005, 04:32 PM
some good points by different sides but, with all due respect:

a: what makes americans think that everybody wants to live there? i don't. do not even want to visit on holiday!!!!! from what i have seen on the telly (american movies, fox news, series tv) no thanks.

b: let us imagine a scenario. you are 45. she is 38. not a big age difference. you write to each other 3 months. you make plans to meet. you travel to russia. you take a 15 hour train to where she lives. knock on the door. Yuri replies "thank you for brining the money to my door" and shows you an AK47. It can happen!!!

c: do you think it is only thailand where parents sell their children?

i think there is too much paranoia. chill out guys/gals. use your heads. think logic.

i am going to meet a woman and her kid later on this year. she was on about visiting me. i said ok. give me the date. i booked the tickets, booked the hotel (we are meeting in malta as it is a lot easier to get a visa for there). paid with my credit card. asked her for the address and will post the tickets to her. told her nearer the date will send her US$100 for the train and taxi fare. that is it!!!!

she is getting a free holiday. i am meeting her. if we like each other then i will visit her in russia.

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on

elenag
09-15-2005, 04:39 PM

Over 1K was not for 1 month, you silly. We waited for the paperwork for about 8.5 month. He would send me 120-200 per months for English classes mainly (and whatever was left I could use for my own stuff).

C'mon, enough grumbling. Come have some pizza crust (my puppy loves them, you should try it) ;)

elenag
09-15-2005, 04:39 PM

Over 1K was not for 1 month, you silly. We waited for the paperwork for about 8.5 month. He would send me 120-200 per months for English classes mainly (and whatever was left I could use for my own stuff).

C'mon, enough grumbling. Come have some pizza crust (my puppy loves them, you should try it) ;)