PDA

View Full Version : Russian Ladies

ajtst10
09-26-2005, 11:11 PM
I know that it is a small precentage of people that run these scams compared to ladies that are for real. I am begining to feel as though searching for a foreign wife might be a bad idea. It seems every corner I turn I am running into someone who wants to pull a scam. Is there any way to meet a lady from the FSU without all the hassel and games. I do use an agancy at Maxim but that also seems to be going no where. Any ideas?

Andy

Kowalski
09-26-2005, 11:54 PM
hahahahahahaha, thanks for the laughs, too much man.

K

We gotta a long way to go today baby

Kowalski
09-26-2005, 11:54 PM
hahahahahahaha, thanks for the laughs, too much man.

K

We gotta a long way to go today baby

scam magnet
09-27-2005, 01:51 AM
What is the big attraction that so many guys want a foriegn bride??
From what ive been reading it looks like alot more work than its worth and risky. The only reason im on this site is because i find it somewhat entertaining! After recieving a response from a Russian girl and we started emailing each other, i became suspicious, by the 3rd letter when she wouldnt anwser any questions.Thats when i started investigating and found these forums.I have been approached by 3 others since. Out of the 4 i think one could be real? time will tell,Even if she is i dont think it would be worth all the time, effort and money. I cant help but feel that with all of the culture changes, missing family-homesick, language barrier etc.And with what ive read in some postings to what has happened after men brought them back to there home, country etc. many got there clocks cleaned and there hearts broken.So knowing all of this i ask- WHATS THE ATTRACTION??
Of the 3 that i think are scammers i sent 1 of them this letter and i have not heard from all 3 since. I cant help that the 3 were connected?

Svetlana,
I know that we just meet but i have to be honest with you. I have talking with other girl from russia for 3 months now. We have fallen in love and plan to marry. I had already sent her money to buy computer and to connect phone so she does not have to go to internet cafe and i help her get new apartment so she could get away from exhusband, he was a abusive , a drunk and was threatning to harm her and she feared for her life. I could not just sit here and do nothing.
I am coming to Russia next month, she has helped me out so much, she has a friend who is getting me a good price for hotel, airline tickets for us to return to U.S..I was really shocked how exspensive visa is to come here, but im glad we only have to do once.
Im sorry we did not meet earlier, but i believe that things happen for reasons.
I hope you understandand i wish the best of luck to you in your search.
Mike

Like i said, I find this somewhat entertaining, I think 90% of these
he/she are SCAMMERS, good luck finding the10% and the odds that come with them.

scam magnet
09-27-2005, 01:51 AM
What is the big attraction that so many guys want a foriegn bride??
From what ive been reading it looks like alot more work than its worth and risky. The only reason im on this site is because i find it somewhat entertaining! After recieving a response from a Russian girl and we started emailing each other, i became suspicious, by the 3rd letter when she wouldnt anwser any questions.Thats when i started investigating and found these forums.I have been approached by 3 others since. Out of the 4 i think one could be real? time will tell,Even if she is i dont think it would be worth all the time, effort and money. I cant help but feel that with all of the culture changes, missing family-homesick, language barrier etc.And with what ive read in some postings to what has happened after men brought them back to there home, country etc. many got there clocks cleaned and there hearts broken.So knowing all of this i ask- WHATS THE ATTRACTION??
Of the 3 that i think are scammers i sent 1 of them this letter and i have not heard from all 3 since. I cant help that the 3 were connected?

Svetlana,
I know that we just meet but i have to be honest with you. I have talking with other girl from russia for 3 months now. We have fallen in love and plan to marry. I had already sent her money to buy computer and to connect phone so she does not have to go to internet cafe and i help her get new apartment so she could get away from exhusband, he was a abusive , a drunk and was threatning to harm her and she feared for her life. I could not just sit here and do nothing.
I am coming to Russia next month, she has helped me out so much, she has a friend who is getting me a good price for hotel, airline tickets for us to return to U.S..I was really shocked how exspensive visa is to come here, but im glad we only have to do once.
Im sorry we did not meet earlier, but i believe that things happen for reasons.
I hope you understandand i wish the best of luck to you in your search.
Mike

Like i said, I find this somewhat entertaining, I think 90% of these
he/she are SCAMMERS, good luck finding the10% and the odds that come with them.

ajtst10
09-27-2005, 11:42 AM
Iam not sure why Iam trying to do this. I have been married before and after ten years of marriage she leaves because she does not want the family life and be tied down. It seems like all the ladies I meet here seem to not know what they want in life and Iam tired of the problems and hassel. Then one day I was reading online about Russia and the ladies there. They all seem to know what they want in life and that appealed to me. A wonderful lady with traditional values. My friends also make fun of it but I tell them, what is the difference if I find a lady here at a club or somewhere else or if I meet lady from another country. In my opion there is no difference except for the distance. No matter what there are no guarentees in life. I just thought it would be worth a try and maybe I will find what Iam looking for.

Andy

ajtst10
09-27-2005, 11:42 AM
Iam not sure why Iam trying to do this. I have been married before and after ten years of marriage she leaves because she does not want the family life and be tied down. It seems like all the ladies I meet here seem to not know what they want in life and Iam tired of the problems and hassel. Then one day I was reading online about Russia and the ladies there. They all seem to know what they want in life and that appealed to me. A wonderful lady with traditional values. My friends also make fun of it but I tell them, what is the difference if I find a lady here at a club or somewhere else or if I meet lady from another country. In my opion there is no difference except for the distance. No matter what there are no guarentees in life. I just thought it would be worth a try and maybe I will find what Iam looking for.

Andy

toymaker
09-27-2005, 02:45 PM
HERE HERE My sentiments exactly.......but keep your eyes and ears open and keep in touch with us here. The honest ones are out there too. I found the "local" ladies even less honest than the scammers but at least i could see them and walk away as opposed to a long trip and money spent. But they all cost money to keep . In the end i guess they get it all anyways no matter where they are from.

toymaker
09-27-2005, 02:45 PM
HERE HERE My sentiments exactly.......but keep your eyes and ears open and keep in touch with us here. The honest ones are out there too. I found the "local" ladies even less honest than the scammers but at least i could see them and walk away as opposed to a long trip and money spent. But they all cost money to keep . In the end i guess they get it all anyways no matter where they are from.

elenag
09-27-2005, 04:37 PM
before deciding whether starting to date Russian ladies is a good idea for you, I suggest you spend about 1-2 weeks on the net every night researching things like "dating scams", "dishonest marriage agencies", "vacation hunters", "international marriages - benefits and downside", "greencard hunters", and "false domestic abuse accusations" (it is harder to find info on the latter, so please find as much as you can).

if you are still interested, then spend another week or so studying US Embassy site, reading about requirements for fianc?e visa or spouse visa, and not only requirements for the girl, but also requirements for the guy (certain level of income, no back taxes blah-blah)

after that count the money in your bank. if the number is greater than 10K or 20K, you can proceed by scheduling about 1.5 - 3 years of your life for finding the right girl, signing up with several dating agencies and getting a good friend or two (one of them preferably female) to look after you during the times when you will be completely crazy about the new pretty Russian girl (because you will need them).

Piece of advise - stick with Russian girls. In my experience, Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova are just too much trouble.

elenag
09-27-2005, 04:37 PM
before deciding whether starting to date Russian ladies is a good idea for you, I suggest you spend about 1-2 weeks on the net every night researching things like "dating scams", "dishonest marriage agencies", "vacation hunters", "international marriages - benefits and downside", "greencard hunters", and "false domestic abuse accusations" (it is harder to find info on the latter, so please find as much as you can).

if you are still interested, then spend another week or so studying US Embassy site, reading about requirements for fianc?e visa or spouse visa, and not only requirements for the girl, but also requirements for the guy (certain level of income, no back taxes blah-blah)

after that count the money in your bank. if the number is greater than 10K or 20K, you can proceed by scheduling about 1.5 - 3 years of your life for finding the right girl, signing up with several dating agencies and getting a good friend or two (one of them preferably female) to look after you during the times when you will be completely crazy about the new pretty Russian girl (because you will need them).

Piece of advise - stick with Russian girls. In my experience, Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova are just too much trouble.

nick20045
09-27-2005, 07:58 PM
ok. here goes.....

originally the idea was to come to russia. stay 2 days in moscow. then off to a place called vyborg. got a girl there. hey!!! if she says "shall i book a double bedded room at the hotel" guess you know what it means :D:D:D

arrived moscow. crappy place (sorry to all moscovites but arrogance is prime and indifference takes second place). hated it. staff at hotel are rude. overpriced internet cafes, overpriced things for sale.......

BUT, had a meeting with a girl (she came to moscow especially to see me. knew it was supposed to be for only one day). we started talking. now just to put you in the picture, she never asked for a cent or anything.

at the moment, i am in a place called yaroslval (or something like that). she found me a nice hotel. been seeing her for the last 3 or 4 days. the maximum i have spent when with her is about 500 roubles. (a meal at the restaurant). if she orders a plate that is "a fair price" she will not have starters (according to her to compensate for the cost). i have had evenings with her (she has to work in the day) where spent as little as 30 roubles (cup of coffee at the hotel)she took me in the car, drove round the place showing me the churches, places of interest and the volga river. then we went to the hotel and she ordered a cup of coffee. worst night i had with her was one evening when she asked if i wanted to go to the cinema with her. stupid me did not ask what language the film will be in. had to sit for 2 hours watching a film in russian. she realised i had been bored. off to her apartment. i sat down on the armchair. she jumped into my lap, cuddled up to me and told me how she appriciated that i stayed so she can watch the film.

she has just gone off to her home now and i am in the hotel.

one night i was with her. she got a phone call and said she had to go in to work at 9pm until 11pm. (something urgent). then all of a sudden she burst into tears saying she did not want to go.

first day i was here, she went to work. she called me and asked me what i was doing. i told her i was going round the shops. she nearly paniced. started telling me she is now worried because "this is russia" and how she is worried in case something happens to me.

she takes me round in her car. shows me the sites. she has introduced me to two of her friends. today i was at the market. one of them happened to see me. he noticed i was about to be defrauded with the price. bang straight in. haggled for me and got it for me cheaper.

tomorrow i am meeting her parents.

if i am in the restaurant and do not have change (funny how they dish out 500 and 1000 rouble notes but nobody seems to have change) for a tip, she will open her purse and help out.

i was in the hotel bar on sunday waiting for her. two guys come in. they start shaking my hand. speaking in russian. offering me drinks. i kept saying "i do not speak russian". they will nod. shake hands. laugh and keep talking (they said from chechnia). she arrived. one of them said something to her. she turned to me and said "lets go". i asked if she wanted to stay for at least one drink. she said "we go now". i found the guy had asked her to leave so they can ask me to go out with them. she told me not to trust people like them. her wording "bad people".

yeah they do exist. seems i have found one. once she was supposed to come to the hotel and she was an hour late. (apparently or so she says she got delayed at work. had to finish what she was doing). i told her that if she did it again i will pack my bags and go back to moscow. the water works started. begging me not to go until the day i am due to leave russia.

and NO. first night when i went to kiss her, she told me to stop. said it is not right. second night i got two kisses. as soon as she said she liked me....... cuddles, kissing, hold hands, nearly crash the car or knock some people off the street 'cos looking at me while driving! driving here cannot be classed as mental. it is lunatic!!!!!!

in the hotel where i am staying i asked how much is a train ticket to moscow. got told 3240 roubles. i told her. she went to the kiosk and gave the girl in there a mouthfull. then she said to me NO only 400 roubles (which is apparently what she paid for her ticket). she checkes every restaurant bill for me. if i say i want to try so and so, she will translate (english is kinda broken but we still understand each other as long as we use variants of a word. funny how have to translate the word "wash" but when i used the four lettered word starting with F and finishing with K she understood it and gave me a telling off for being rude :D:D!!!!!!!!)

so please do not knock them all because there are scammers out there. and if you are expecting "her" to fall from the sky into your lap then think again. i have been writing to russian women for quite a few months. all of a sudden it seems i have found her. and believe me, if she is in love with you, it is worth it.

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on

nick20045
09-27-2005, 07:58 PM
ok. here goes.....

originally the idea was to come to russia. stay 2 days in moscow. then off to a place called vyborg. got a girl there. hey!!! if she says "shall i book a double bedded room at the hotel" guess you know what it means :D:D:D

arrived moscow. crappy place (sorry to all moscovites but arrogance is prime and indifference takes second place). hated it. staff at hotel are rude. overpriced internet cafes, overpriced things for sale.......

BUT, had a meeting with a girl (she came to moscow especially to see me. knew it was supposed to be for only one day). we started talking. now just to put you in the picture, she never asked for a cent or anything.

at the moment, i am in a place called yaroslval (or something like that). she found me a nice hotel. been seeing her for the last 3 or 4 days. the maximum i have spent when with her is about 500 roubles. (a meal at the restaurant). if she orders a plate that is "a fair price" she will not have starters (according to her to compensate for the cost). i have had evenings with her (she has to work in the day) where spent as little as 30 roubles (cup of coffee at the hotel)she took me in the car, drove round the place showing me the churches, places of interest and the volga river. then we went to the hotel and she ordered a cup of coffee. worst night i had with her was one evening when she asked if i wanted to go to the cinema with her. stupid me did not ask what language the film will be in. had to sit for 2 hours watching a film in russian. she realised i had been bored. off to her apartment. i sat down on the armchair. she jumped into my lap, cuddled up to me and told me how she appriciated that i stayed so she can watch the film.

she has just gone off to her home now and i am in the hotel.

one night i was with her. she got a phone call and said she had to go in to work at 9pm until 11pm. (something urgent). then all of a sudden she burst into tears saying she did not want to go.

first day i was here, she went to work. she called me and asked me what i was doing. i told her i was going round the shops. she nearly paniced. started telling me she is now worried because "this is russia" and how she is worried in case something happens to me.

she takes me round in her car. shows me the sites. she has introduced me to two of her friends. today i was at the market. one of them happened to see me. he noticed i was about to be defrauded with the price. bang straight in. haggled for me and got it for me cheaper.

tomorrow i am meeting her parents.

if i am in the restaurant and do not have change (funny how they dish out 500 and 1000 rouble notes but nobody seems to have change) for a tip, she will open her purse and help out.

i was in the hotel bar on sunday waiting for her. two guys come in. they start shaking my hand. speaking in russian. offering me drinks. i kept saying "i do not speak russian". they will nod. shake hands. laugh and keep talking (they said from chechnia). she arrived. one of them said something to her. she turned to me and said "lets go". i asked if she wanted to stay for at least one drink. she said "we go now". i found the guy had asked her to leave so they can ask me to go out with them. she told me not to trust people like them. her wording "bad people".

yeah they do exist. seems i have found one. once she was supposed to come to the hotel and she was an hour late. (apparently or so she says she got delayed at work. had to finish what she was doing). i told her that if she did it again i will pack my bags and go back to moscow. the water works started. begging me not to go until the day i am due to leave russia.

and NO. first night when i went to kiss her, she told me to stop. said it is not right. second night i got two kisses. as soon as she said she liked me....... cuddles, kissing, hold hands, nearly crash the car or knock some people off the street 'cos looking at me while driving! driving here cannot be classed as mental. it is lunatic!!!!!!

in the hotel where i am staying i asked how much is a train ticket to moscow. got told 3240 roubles. i told her. she went to the kiosk and gave the girl in there a mouthfull. then she said to me NO only 400 roubles (which is apparently what she paid for her ticket). she checkes every restaurant bill for me. if i say i want to try so and so, she will translate (english is kinda broken but we still understand each other as long as we use variants of a word. funny how have to translate the word "wash" but when i used the four lettered word starting with F and finishing with K she understood it and gave me a telling off for being rude :D:D!!!!!!!!)

so please do not knock them all because there are scammers out there. and if you are expecting "her" to fall from the sky into your lap then think again. i have been writing to russian women for quite a few months. all of a sudden it seems i have found her. and believe me, if she is in love with you, it is worth it.

to all russian scammers: i am somewhat of a bullshi*ter myself but i do like to listen to a professional. please carry on

ajtst10
09-28-2005, 09:17 PM
Iam going to Russia on November 2nd and will be there till the 15th. I do not have anyone to meet there or even just to hang out with. Iam wiging it on my own. :) It sounds like I have better make friends with someone fast so I do not get taken advantage of. While Iam there Iam hoping to meet someone nice but odds will probably be against me because I will only be there for two weeks and know nobody there. Maybe someday my dream will come true. :) hey Iam glad to have met all of you. I probably would have got into a lot of trouble and be broke by now. :)

Andy

ajtst10
09-28-2005, 09:17 PM
Iam going to Russia on November 2nd and will be there till the 15th. I do not have anyone to meet there or even just to hang out with. Iam wiging it on my own. :) It sounds like I have better make friends with someone fast so I do not get taken advantage of. While Iam there Iam hoping to meet someone nice but odds will probably be against me because I will only be there for two weeks and know nobody there. Maybe someday my dream will come true. :) hey Iam glad to have met all of you. I probably would have got into a lot of trouble and be broke by now. :)

Andy

nick20045
09-29-2005, 08:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by ajtst10

Andy

it is not advisable to go on your own and just "hang about". most probably if you are in a hotel the barman/woman will not speak english or very broken english. (it can take 15 minutes to understand a sentence and by that time forget what you were talking about).

stay in hotels. you "rub the wrong people on the wrong side" you can get a taxi and move. apartment you are stuck.

WORD OF WARNING: i have found that in parts of russia, a person (can be any lunatic as well) can just walk into a shop and buy an ak47 or a pistol with no licence, no application in fact NOTHING needed as long as have the cash!!!!

prostitutes are NOT allowed in hotel rooms. do not even dream of asking one to visit. they will not. going to their apartment? up to you to take the risk in case YURI is waiting for you.

russian food is good except for brosh. it made me ill and believe me, i can eat most everything and still be ok. (brosh tastes like sage and onion stuffing made into a soup).

expect to pay about 150 roubles for a meal (27 roubles is 1 US$). can eat for less from street vendors (can get food from about 10 roubles)

do not go to pubs at night unless it is with someone you trust. and do NOT draw attention. use "street knowledge". if walking and somebody says anything point at ears, point at mouth and make it look like you are deaf and dumb. do not wear things like nike trainers or gold or anything that will draw attention to you. and it is funny but girls seems to know you are a foreigner. (well i am tanned so may also be why) but you will see a lot of girls eyeing you up and down when walking past you. if you like her, go over and ask if she speaks english. if she smiles, you are "in". :D:D

write to a few women from a certain area. tell them "you may be going to russia and may be in their area". then ask for mobile telephone number. you go there. send a text. meet. if you like her stay with her. if you do not like her, tell her you are going to a different part of the country in two days time and text another one. :D:D

and try and find one that has a car. not sounding mean but if it costs you say 200 roubles for a meal in a restaurant, you get the money back with her driving you around. ;););)

and be "street wise". for example, couple of russian men, drinking brandy like it was water, then sucking on lemon covered in salt (salt makes an effect on alcohol and makes the person drunk faster) do not go with them. all you need to do is make one mistake. he will say he is offended and it is two against one. (think about it). just use common sense.

have fun

nick20045
09-29-2005, 08:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by ajtst10

Andy

it is not advisable to go on your own and just "hang about". most probably if you are in a hotel the barman/woman will not speak english or very broken english. (it can take 15 minutes to understand a sentence and by that time forget what you were talking about).

stay in hotels. you "rub the wrong people on the wrong side" you can get a taxi and move. apartment you are stuck.

WORD OF WARNING: i have found that in parts of russia, a person (can be any lunatic as well) can just walk into a shop and buy an ak47 or a pistol with no licence, no application in fact NOTHING needed as long as have the cash!!!!

prostitutes are NOT allowed in hotel rooms. do not even dream of asking one to visit. they will not. going to their apartment? up to you to take the risk in case YURI is waiting for you.

russian food is good except for brosh. it made me ill and believe me, i can eat most everything and still be ok. (brosh tastes like sage and onion stuffing made into a soup).

expect to pay about 150 roubles for a meal (27 roubles is 1 US$). can eat for less from street vendors (can get food from about 10 roubles)

do not go to pubs at night unless it is with someone you trust. and do NOT draw attention. use "street knowledge". if walking and somebody says anything point at ears, point at mouth and make it look like you are deaf and dumb. do not wear things like nike trainers or gold or anything that will draw attention to you. and it is funny but girls seems to know you are a foreigner. (well i am tanned so may also be why) but you will see a lot of girls eyeing you up and down when walking past you. if you like her, go over and ask if she speaks english. if she smiles, you are "in". :D:D

write to a few women from a certain area. tell them "you may be going to russia and may be in their area". then ask for mobile telephone number. you go there. send a text. meet. if you like her stay with her. if you do not like her, tell her you are going to a different part of the country in two days time and text another one. :D:D

and try and find one that has a car. not sounding mean but if it costs you say 200 roubles for a meal in a restaurant, you get the money back with her driving you around. ;););)

and be "street wise". for example, couple of russian men, drinking brandy like it was water, then sucking on lemon covered in salt (salt makes an effect on alcohol and makes the person drunk faster) do not go with them. all you need to do is make one mistake. he will say he is offended and it is two against one. (think about it). just use common sense.

have fun

nick20045
09-29-2005, 08:15 AM
back to my saga.

last night met her father, mother, sister and sisters boyfriend. what a carry on!

bought her mother some flowers and, yes......... cake (it seems they like to celebrate everything with cake). total cost about 400 roubles.

nice family. father was in the army. gave me a russian army watch as a present. then he put his army jacket on which led to his wife chasing him round the apartment to make him take it off. then a bit talk (nadya translating) mostly about visas, where i live (common chat/talk). then a lovely russian meal. lot of different russian foods (Nadya knows i like to try different foods). then finished playing chess with her father. after sat at the dinner table and we talked in general. we wound nadya up because she is kind of thin :D:D (that got me a few digs from her elbow into my ribs), her dad then took out the pictures of when he was in the army in berlin. i do not speak russian. he does not speak english. mostly sign language but we got on great. nadya even went off into the kitchen to just have a "girly" talk with her mum and sister and left me alone with her dad!!

yes can be nice here if you meed the "right" people.

nick20045
09-29-2005, 08:15 AM
back to my saga.

last night met her father, mother, sister and sisters boyfriend. what a carry on!

bought her mother some flowers and, yes......... cake (it seems they like to celebrate everything with cake). total cost about 400 roubles.

nice family. father was in the army. gave me a russian army watch as a present. then he put his army jacket on which led to his wife chasing him round the apartment to make him take it off. then a bit talk (nadya translating) mostly about visas, where i live (common chat/talk). then a lovely russian meal. lot of different russian foods (Nadya knows i like to try different foods). then finished playing chess with her father. after sat at the dinner table and we talked in general. we wound nadya up because she is kind of thin :D:D (that got me a few digs from her elbow into my ribs), her dad then took out the pictures of when he was in the army in berlin. i do not speak russian. he does not speak english. mostly sign language but we got on great. nadya even went off into the kitchen to just have a "girly" talk with her mum and sister and left me alone with her dad!!

ajtst10
09-29-2005, 11:32 AM
I will be staying at a hostel in both Moscow and St. Petersburg. I hope to meet someone there to hang out with that maybe speakes the language somewhat. I have done traveling before in Paris, London and Mexico but was ok with language but in Russia it will be a lot different. The cryillic alphabet and all. :) I do not plan on any prostitutes or too much clubing. I would like to see some of the nightlife though. I just would like to be able to do some shopping and sightseeing without being taken and such because I am a foriener. :)

Andy

ajtst10
09-29-2005, 11:32 AM
I will be staying at a hostel in both Moscow and St. Petersburg. I hope to meet someone there to hang out with that maybe speakes the language somewhat. I have done traveling before in Paris, London and Mexico but was ok with language but in Russia it will be a lot different. The cryillic alphabet and all. :) I do not plan on any prostitutes or too much clubing. I would like to see some of the nightlife though. I just would like to be able to do some shopping and sightseeing without being taken and such because I am a foriener. :)

Andy

elenag
09-29-2005, 05:49 PM
Andy,

I hope you know what you are doing.

Russia is not nearly as safe as Europe.

Leave most of your cash in the hotel's safe (if they have one). And have the embassy emergensy numbers handy with you everywhere you go.

elenag
09-29-2005, 05:49 PM
Andy,

I hope you know what you are doing.

Russia is not nearly as safe as Europe.

Leave most of your cash in the hotel's safe (if they have one). And have the embassy emergensy numbers handy with you everywhere you go.

ajtst10
09-29-2005, 06:14 PM
As I said I will be staying at youth hostles there. Iam not sure how safe they are and what to expect. As for getting around I will probably be on my own there. I will just have to try and be real safe about what I do. Is it really that bad there? I chose to go there because I heard Russia is beautiful and the people there were really friendly. Now I start to worry...[V] I will have to check into seeing if the hostel has a place to lock up my money. I was wondering about doing that there since I would be shareing a room with four other people. I plan on minding my own bussiness and trying not to make anyone mad at me there but would like to talk to people and maybe learn about their culture first hand.

Andy

ajtst10
09-29-2005, 06:14 PM
As I said I will be staying at youth hostles there. Iam not sure how safe they are and what to expect. As for getting around I will probably be on my own there. I will just have to try and be real safe about what I do. Is it really that bad there? I chose to go there because I heard Russia is beautiful and the people there were really friendly. Now I start to worry...[V] I will have to check into seeing if the hostel has a place to lock up my money. I was wondering about doing that there since I would be shareing a room with four other people. I plan on minding my own bussiness and trying not to make anyone mad at me there but would like to talk to people and maybe learn about their culture first hand.

Andy

elenag
09-29-2005, 06:19 PM
I suggest you cancell your trip if you still can. going by yourself to Russia can be dangerous even to people who have been there before, know the language a bit and have lot more understanding of potential problems. But even they sometimes get into very difficult situations.

The safest way to go would be to wait until you have a lady from Russia as your guide and a guardian angel to keep your nose out of trouble

elenag
09-29-2005, 06:19 PM
I suggest you cancell your trip if you still can. going by yourself to Russia can be dangerous even to people who have been there before, know the language a bit and have lot more understanding of potential problems. But even they sometimes get into very difficult situations.

The safest way to go would be to wait until you have a lady from Russia as your guide and a guardian angel to keep your nose out of trouble

ajtst10
09-29-2005, 10:54 PM
elenag I found another scammer. I sent info to your web site. Do I attract these scammers or what? Is anyone for real? The lady that emailed me today was named Helga and she used same intro letter as a lady iam still corresponding with Diana.

ajtst10
09-29-2005, 10:54 PM
elenag I found another scammer. I sent info to your web site. Do I attract these scammers or what? Is anyone for real? The lady that emailed me today was named Helga and she used same intro letter as a lady iam still corresponding with Diana.

scam magnet
09-29-2005, 11:24 PM
Andy,
From reading all of your previous post, you seem to be a nice guy.
But you also so that you are very GULLABLE take some of the advice
that you have been getting, it could "SAVE YOUR LIFE"!!!!!!

Mike

scam magnet
09-29-2005, 11:24 PM
Andy,
From reading all of your previous post, you seem to be a nice guy.
But you also so that you are very GULLABLE take some of the advice
that you have been getting, it could "SAVE YOUR LIFE"!!!!!!

Mike

toymaker
09-29-2005, 11:56 PM
GOOD LORD.....How much more does it take for a gullible person to hear what he sees. He is taking his life in his hands and beleiving in the things he wants to hear but listens not to those that have been there. I cancelled my trip and I even had a lady meeting me in Moscow to be interpretor and guide. But I heard from one fellow that was taking the taxi to the train station from the airport and not knowing where they were going, ended in a deserted place and he was robbed and beaten severely as he did not give up his passport easily.I would never take a chance like this, but then again I hear what I read.

toymaker
09-29-2005, 11:56 PM
GOOD LORD.....How much more does it take for a gullible person to hear what he sees. He is taking his life in his hands and beleiving in the things he wants to hear but listens not to those that have been there. I cancelled my trip and I even had a lady meeting me in Moscow to be interpretor and guide. But I heard from one fellow that was taking the taxi to the train station from the airport and not knowing where they were going, ended in a deserted place and he was robbed and beaten severely as he did not give up his passport easily.I would never take a chance like this, but then again I hear what I read.

ajtst10
09-30-2005, 12:19 AM
Iam listening to the advise you all have been giving me. The ticket I have is non-refundable though.

ajtst10
09-30-2005, 12:19 AM
Iam listening to the advise you all have been giving me. The ticket I have is non-refundable though.

Sonar
10-01-2005, 10:32 AM
Been traveling to Russia and Ukraine about 3 or 4 times per year since 1999. 19 or 20 times total and I normally stay there 10-14 days. I always travel alone since my friends are not so adventurous.
My first few trips were real learning experiences. Had a few encounters with some bad guys and crooks but was able to hold my ground.
After becoming somewhat 'streetwise' I rarely have too much of a problem, whether alone or with a girl.
My advice to someone traveling to Russia alone for the first time is this:
1: Do not venture too far away from the tourist areas. In Moscow this would be considered the center of the city.
2: Be very cautious with strangers that are overly friendly.
3: Be very cautious with taxi drivers. In Russia, almost any guy with a car is a taxi. This is where alot of guys make mistakes. If you somehow get into the wrong 'taxi' you could very well become a non-breathing PERMENANT resident of Russia.
4: Trust NOBODY 100%. Use good common sense and always expect the unexpected.
5: If outside the normal tourist areas, WEAR EYES ON THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD. Have a plan for defending yourself if need be. DONOT think that the local police will protect you.
6: Find yourself a good woman that speaks some English. She will know much more about the do's and dont's. People and places to avoid.
You should be OK in Moscow or St Pete. If you like, I can tell you some good places to go in Moscow that are reasonably safe. Alot of nice looking friendly women too.

Sonar
10-01-2005, 10:32 AM
Been traveling to Russia and Ukraine about 3 or 4 times per year since 1999. 19 or 20 times total and I normally stay there 10-14 days. I always travel alone since my friends are not so adventurous.
My first few trips were real learning experiences. Had a few encounters with some bad guys and crooks but was able to hold my ground.
After becoming somewhat 'streetwise' I rarely have too much of a problem, whether alone or with a girl.
My advice to someone traveling to Russia alone for the first time is this:
1: Do not venture too far away from the tourist areas. In Moscow this would be considered the center of the city.
2: Be very cautious with strangers that are overly friendly.
3: Be very cautious with taxi drivers. In Russia, almost any guy with a car is a taxi. This is where alot of guys make mistakes. If you somehow get into the wrong 'taxi' you could very well become a non-breathing PERMENANT resident of Russia.
4: Trust NOBODY 100%. Use good common sense and always expect the unexpected.
5: If outside the normal tourist areas, WEAR EYES ON THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD. Have a plan for defending yourself if need be. DONOT think that the local police will protect you.
6: Find yourself a good woman that speaks some English. She will know much more about the do's and dont's. People and places to avoid.
You should be OK in Moscow or St Pete. If you like, I can tell you some good places to go in Moscow that are reasonably safe. Alot of nice looking friendly women too.

ajtst10
10-02-2005, 12:41 AM
That would be great! I have no one to travel with becuase my friends are also not that adventerous. I have lived in NYC and Miami and other places that you needed to be street smart. I know there will be a lot different because of the language and me not speaking it. I would like to meet someone who is nice to maybe see sites with though. Iam trying to work out the taxi thing now to be picked up at airport so I will not have to worry about it or try and negoiate. :) I will be leaving November 2nd and be there on the 3rd.

ajtst10
10-02-2005, 12:41 AM
That would be great! I have no one to travel with becuase my friends are also not that adventerous. I have lived in NYC and Miami and other places that you needed to be street smart. I know there will be a lot different because of the language and me not speaking it. I would like to meet someone who is nice to maybe see sites with though. Iam trying to work out the taxi thing now to be picked up at airport so I will not have to worry about it or try and negoiate. :) I will be leaving November 2nd and be there on the 3rd.

toymaker
10-02-2005, 04:35 AM
I am afraid that you "street smart American bravado" will not help you in Russia. These people have lived in object poverty unlike you and will take every chance to take advantage. You are risking everything including your life and/or health. You have not really thought this through as where in Russia are you going to meet someone to be your savior, all the smart ones stay at home away from Russia. Your first "silly" thing you did was buy a nonrefundable ticket and the second was going to the wrong country for the first time and thirdly "going alone". Some people think they are street smart but there are only "live" peole that are smart. Good luck... Please leave one of us your christian nmae so we may watch for a notice, and we can tell all on here what a "brave " man you were. Think about it again and again....ajtst10 ... then think once more before you get on the plane...

toymaker
10-02-2005, 04:35 AM
I am afraid that you "street smart American bravado" will not help you in Russia. These people have lived in object poverty unlike you and will take every chance to take advantage. You are risking everything including your life and/or health. You have not really thought this through as where in Russia are you going to meet someone to be your savior, all the smart ones stay at home away from Russia. Your first "silly" thing you did was buy a nonrefundable ticket and the second was going to the wrong country for the first time and thirdly "going alone". Some people think they are street smart but there are only "live" peole that are smart. Good luck... Please leave one of us your christian nmae so we may watch for a notice, and we can tell all on here what a "brave " man you were. Think about it again and again....ajtst10 ... then think once more before you get on the plane...

Sonar
10-02-2005, 12:40 PM
As I said, you should be OK in Moscow and St Pete, if you follow my advice in a previous post.
The Old Arbot section of Moscow is the very best place to go if you want to make contact with some nice Russian ladies. Not far from Red Square and there are many interesting things to do there. The perfect place for a foreigner looking for a companion.
A very safe place to be if you are alone. It is about 12 city blocks long and lined with restuarants, sidewalk cafes, a few clubs and many nice little shops. The actual street is closed to all traffic and you will find many musicians and dancers performing right in the street. Also many artists selling their paintings.
The place always has a very festive atmosphere and there are 100's of single women of all ages.
On of my favorite places in Moscow is the "La Cantina" Mexican Kitchen restuarant/nightclub located at 5.Tverskaya St. Also very near to Red Square and a very safe area. American owned so naturaly alot of Americans go there. Live music every night and all of the waitress's and barmaids speak English. You will find many Russian women dropping in and out all night long since the place in located right on Tverskaya ST. The main street in Moscow leading to Red Square. Very easy to meet a nice Russian girl there.
I have only been to St Pete twice so I don't know as much about it as Moscow. Aside from the normal tourist attractions like the Hermatage Museum I would say that Nevsky Prospect is the most interesting area for an American. Alot of Russian ladies everywhere.

Sonar
10-02-2005, 12:40 PM
As I said, you should be OK in Moscow and St Pete, if you follow my advice in a previous post.
The Old Arbot section of Moscow is the very best place to go if you want to make contact with some nice Russian ladies. Not far from Red Square and there are many interesting things to do there. The perfect place for a foreigner looking for a companion.
A very safe place to be if you are alone. It is about 12 city blocks long and lined with restuarants, sidewalk cafes, a few clubs and many nice little shops. The actual street is closed to all traffic and you will find many musicians and dancers performing right in the street. Also many artists selling their paintings.
The place always has a very festive atmosphere and there are 100's of single women of all ages.
On of my favorite places in Moscow is the "La Cantina" Mexican Kitchen restuarant/nightclub located at 5.Tverskaya St. Also very near to Red Square and a very safe area. American owned so naturaly alot of Americans go there. Live music every night and all of the waitress's and barmaids speak English. You will find many Russian women dropping in and out all night long since the place in located right on Tverskaya ST. The main street in Moscow leading to Red Square. Very easy to meet a nice Russian girl there.
I have only been to St Pete twice so I don't know as much about it as Moscow. Aside from the normal tourist attractions like the Hermatage Museum I would say that Nevsky Prospect is the most interesting area for an American. Alot of Russian ladies everywhere.

nick20045
10-02-2005, 11:31 PM
come on guys! dont make the person panic. it is not so bad.

taxi and for help, use http://www.realrussia.co.uk/. the person you will talk to is called Irina. she will arrange everything to you with the office in Moscow.

you can prebook your transfers from airport to hotel and you can also prebook any transfers you want. also you will get a telephone number of a person called Eugene. all you need to do is call him and he will arrange what you want.

as for being a rough place? it is not. any country at night is a rough place. what you need to do is to be a bit careful and not try to be "too clever".

nick20045
10-02-2005, 11:31 PM
come on guys! dont make the person panic. it is not so bad.

taxi and for help, use http://www.realrussia.co.uk/. the person you will talk to is called Irina. she will arrange everything to you with the office in Moscow.

you can prebook your transfers from airport to hotel and you can also prebook any transfers you want. also you will get a telephone number of a person called Eugene. all you need to do is call him and he will arrange what you want.

as for being a rough place? it is not. any country at night is a rough place. what you need to do is to be a bit careful and not try to be "too clever".

Sonar
10-04-2005, 01:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by toymaker

I am afraid that you "street smart American bravado" will not help you in Russia. Your first "silly" thing you did was buy a nonrefundable ticket and the second was going to the wrong country for the first time and thirdly "going alone".
I am afraid that you are VERY MISTAKEN. Have you ever been to Russia?? I have personally been to many places in Russia many times. Alone !! Rarely do I have a problem but when I do my "street smart American bravado" (as you say) is my best defense.
I understand that you are directing your comments to the other guy who has never been there but I seriously doubt that he will have a problem.
And where do you buy a refundable airline ticket these days??

Sonar
10-04-2005, 01:32 AM

I am afraid that you "street smart American bravado" will not help you in Russia. Your first "silly" thing you did was buy a nonrefundable ticket and the second was going to the wrong country for the first time and thirdly "going alone".
I am afraid that you are VERY MISTAKEN. Have you ever been to Russia?? I have personally been to many places in Russia many times. Alone !! Rarely do I have a problem but when I do my "street smart American bravado" (as you say) is my best defense.
I understand that you are directing your comments to the other guy who has never been there but I seriously doubt that he will have a problem.
And where do you buy a refundable airline ticket these days??

toymaker
10-04-2005, 01:52 PM
As anyone that has travelled or has looked into airfares........The agents that sell the tickets to you ask if you want to buy insurance for ticket refund in case you cannot travel on the date specified.It is a paultry sum but allows plans to change and allows a refund of the full ticket price. That is what is meant by a REFUNDABLE TICKET......I am very sorry if the comment was not explained fully for you. If a person does not buy this insurance (or use a credit card that allows the same refund action) they have sealed thier own fate. Save the small sum now and pay for it later.

toymaker
10-04-2005, 01:52 PM
As anyone that has travelled or has looked into airfares........The agents that sell the tickets to you ask if you want to buy insurance for ticket refund in case you cannot travel on the date specified.It is a paultry sum but allows plans to change and allows a refund of the full ticket price. That is what is meant by a REFUNDABLE TICKET......I am very sorry if the comment was not explained fully for you. If a person does not buy this insurance (or use a credit card that allows the same refund action) they have sealed thier own fate. Save the small sum now and pay for it later.

nick20045
10-04-2005, 02:32 PM

sorry you are totally wrong. NO INSURANCE will accept a cancellation of a travel ticket just on the basis of "i felt insecure and wanted to go home".

anybody who has dealt with insurance companies will tell you that they try to find the most minute of holes so they do not pay out.

travel insurance is if you fall sick, miss flights for a reason which is not your fault and the such. BUT DEFINETELY not because you fancied changing a date of travel.

there ARE fares which can be changed. for example club class travel. or an open return ticket. there are also some tickets where a change can be made subject to a penalty. BUT NOT insurance.

p.s. i worked in travel agencies for 13 years so i know the "deal".

nick20045
10-04-2005, 02:32 PM

sorry you are totally wrong. NO INSURANCE will accept a cancellation of a travel ticket just on the basis of "i felt insecure and wanted to go home".

anybody who has dealt with insurance companies will tell you that they try to find the most minute of holes so they do not pay out.

travel insurance is if you fall sick, miss flights for a reason which is not your fault and the such. BUT DEFINETELY not because you fancied changing a date of travel.

there ARE fares which can be changed. for example club class travel. or an open return ticket. there are also some tickets where a change can be made subject to a penalty. BUT NOT insurance.

p.s. i worked in travel agencies for 13 years so i know the "deal".

Sonar
10-04-2005, 02:35 PM

As anyone that has travelled or has looked into airfares........The agents that sell the tickets to you ask if you want to buy insurance for ticket refund in case you cannot travel on the date specified.It is a paultry sum but allows plans to change and allows a refund of the full ticket price. That is what is meant by a REFUNDABLE TICKET......
Sure, if you are buying retail airfare direct from the carrier, anything is possible. But you will pay for these options upfront in the actual price of the airfare.
99% of people traveling to eastern Europe from North America will purchase non-refundable wholesale airfare from a third party rather than pay the 50%-100% markup for retail airfare.
I think that maybe you are thinking more in terms of domestic airfare. International airfare is completely different with many more restrictions.

Sonar
10-04-2005, 02:35 PM

As anyone that has travelled or has looked into airfares........The agents that sell the tickets to you ask if you want to buy insurance for ticket refund in case you cannot travel on the date specified.It is a paultry sum but allows plans to change and allows a refund of the full ticket price. That is what is meant by a REFUNDABLE TICKET......
Sure, if you are buying retail airfare direct from the carrier, anything is possible. But you will pay for these options upfront in the actual price of the airfare.
99% of people traveling to eastern Europe from North America will purchase non-refundable wholesale airfare from a third party rather than pay the 50%-100% markup for retail airfare.
I think that maybe you are thinking more in terms of domestic airfare. International airfare is completely different with many more restrictions.

Sonar
10-04-2005, 03:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by nick20045

back to my saga.

nick20045, Are you in Russia right now? I've been reading your posts and it's funny as hell since it reminds me very much of my last (serious) relationship in Russia.
Her father is a retired colonel (or equivilent) after serving more than 20 years in the red army.
Exact same scenereo as yours except he gave me an old Russian army hat. I visited them about 9 times during a 3 year relationship and every time Alexander (her father) would break out the photo albums and the vodka.
My girl used to get really pissed sometimes because me and her father would get blasted together. He speaks no English and I speak very little Russian so we used alot of sign language. Since I am also ex-military, we became quite good friends. My girl spoke excellent English but she would get pissed and refuse to interpret for us after we broke out the 'rocket fuel'. Her mother thought that it was funny as hell.
Had alot of good times with that old man.

Sonar
10-04-2005, 03:06 PM

back to my saga.

nick20045, Are you in Russia right now? I've been reading your posts and it's funny as hell since it reminds me very much of my last (serious) relationship in Russia.
Her father is a retired colonel (or equivilent) after serving more than 20 years in the red army.
Exact same scenereo as yours except he gave me an old Russian army hat. I visited them about 9 times during a 3 year relationship and every time Alexander (her father) would break out the photo albums and the vodka.
My girl used to get really pissed sometimes because me and her father would get blasted together. He speaks no English and I speak very little Russian so we used alot of sign language. Since I am also ex-military, we became quite good friends. My girl spoke excellent English but she would get pissed and refuse to interpret for us after we broke out the 'rocket fuel'. Her mother thought that it was funny as hell.

toymaker
10-04-2005, 03:39 PM
Sorry to inform you Sonar but....I was going to Russia in 3 days and due to an operation I have to have, I had to cancel the trip. I purchased airfare from my home in Manitoba and would land in Moscow. The cost was $1450 CDN Return, The insurance was a mere $90. CDN and I was happy I spent this little sum up front. It saved me a bundle.

toymaker
10-04-2005, 03:39 PM
Sorry to inform you Sonar but....I was going to Russia in 3 days and due to an operation I have to have, I had to cancel the trip. I purchased airfare from my home in Manitoba and would land in Moscow. The cost was $1450 CDN Return, The insurance was a mere $90. CDN and I was happy I spent this little sum up front. It saved me a bundle.

nick20045
10-04-2005, 04:14 PM

had to cancel due to an operation......

that is totally different to saying to the insurance "i want to cancel my trip because "i am afraid of the russian mafia" or "my girlfriend decided she does not like me so i want to return early"

nick20045
10-04-2005, 04:14 PM

had to cancel due to an operation......

that is totally different to saying to the insurance "i want to cancel my trip because "i am afraid of the russian mafia" or "my girlfriend decided she does not like me so i want to return early"

nick20045
10-04-2005, 04:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sonar

back to my saga.

nope. arrived back in uk on sunday evening. (Oct 02).

did not drink any alcohol when i was at their place. i was offered but had to "politely" refuse except for one glass of wine. nadya would have "kicked off" if i drank any vodka.

ok this is what happened......

first night i arrived in yaroslavl i checked into the hotel and she went to her apartment. barman does not speak english. reception does not speak english. so i am there, nobody else in the bar, just a barman. so ....... first word comes out of my mouth...... vodka.:D

so he points at the bottles. i point at one of them. i think it was called pushkin. so he pours a shot.

straight down the hatch it goes. (hell! i can drink a bottle of smirnoff neat in one night if i want to!)

so i point at another bottle. he pours a shot. (50 roubles not bad for a double). so straight down the hatch it goes....

i point at another bottle. he makes gesture that i will be drunk.......

he wants to challenge me to a drinking contest!!!! so i pointed at all the bottles :D

had about 8 different glasses of vodka (all doubles) in front of me. he ran into the restuarant and brought out all the waiters and waitresses.....

i can tell you they applauded when i drank all the vodka one after the other in about 30 seconds.....

problem was next day nadya and me were having a meal in the restaurant. she was amused how all the waiters and waitresses kept looking at me. :D

YEAH UNTIL SHE HEARD WHAT I HAD BEEN UP TO THE NIGHT BEFORE!!!!!

first i got a telling off. both in english and russian. [xx(][xx(] then before she left to go back to her apartment she told the barman something. heck if i understood but all i know is that from then onwards i was refused any vodka. just beer [V][V]

her dad and mum are ok. on the weekends they go to some country place. as i was leaving on sunday, they came to the hotel to wish me a good trip. damn! do they have to hug a person so tight!!!

i still cannot understand why playing chess, everytime i made a wrong move he will tell me. but the best one was when he mistook the king for the queen!!!!

try to explain (when cannot speak russian) how a king with a beard cannot be mistaken for a queen wearing a dress!!! and therefore cannot be checkmate:D

nick20045
10-04-2005, 04:28 PM

back to my saga.

nope. arrived back in uk on sunday evening. (Oct 02).

did not drink any alcohol when i was at their place. i was offered but had to "politely" refuse except for one glass of wine. nadya would have "kicked off" if i drank any vodka.

ok this is what happened......

first night i arrived in yaroslavl i checked into the hotel and she went to her apartment. barman does not speak english. reception does not speak english. so i am there, nobody else in the bar, just a barman. so ....... first word comes out of my mouth...... vodka.:D

so he points at the bottles. i point at one of them. i think it was called pushkin. so he pours a shot.

straight down the hatch it goes. (hell! i can drink a bottle of smirnoff neat in one night if i want to!)

so i point at another bottle. he pours a shot. (50 roubles not bad for a double). so straight down the hatch it goes....

i point at another bottle. he makes gesture that i will be drunk.......

he wants to challenge me to a drinking contest!!!! so i pointed at all the bottles :D

had about 8 different glasses of vodka (all doubles) in front of me. he ran into the restuarant and brought out all the waiters and waitresses.....

i can tell you they applauded when i drank all the vodka one after the other in about 30 seconds.....

problem was next day nadya and me were having a meal in the restaurant. she was amused how all the waiters and waitresses kept looking at me. :D

YEAH UNTIL SHE HEARD WHAT I HAD BEEN UP TO THE NIGHT BEFORE!!!!!

first i got a telling off. both in english and russian. [xx(][xx(] then before she left to go back to her apartment she told the barman something. heck if i understood but all i know is that from then onwards i was refused any vodka. just beer [V][V]

her dad and mum are ok. on the weekends they go to some country place. as i was leaving on sunday, they came to the hotel to wish me a good trip. damn! do they have to hug a person so tight!!!

i still cannot understand why playing chess, everytime i made a wrong move he will tell me. but the best one was when he mistook the king for the queen!!!!

try to explain (when cannot speak russian) how a king with a beard cannot be mistaken for a queen wearing a dress!!! and therefore cannot be checkmate:D

toymaker
10-04-2005, 08:39 PM
The fact that was meant was that if precautions are taken in the first place , a person would not be in the mess. I thought ahead and spent a couple bucks . It does not matter the excuse for cancelling. I could have used "I have a headache". The fact was that I covered the bases if I should have to cancel, not lose the ticket price entirely.

This other young fellow decided to go economically without thinking about if something should happen or he gets sick. If that should happen to an insured ticket, it can be cashed in and another bought at the same time. Otherwise the ticket is no good until the specified time.

toymaker
10-04-2005, 08:39 PM
The fact that was meant was that if precautions are taken in the first place , a person would not be in the mess. I thought ahead and spent a couple bucks . It does not matter the excuse for cancelling. I could have used "I have a headache". The fact was that I covered the bases if I should have to cancel, not lose the ticket price entirely.

This other young fellow decided to go economically without thinking about if something should happen or he gets sick. If that should happen to an insured ticket, it can be cashed in and another bought at the same time. Otherwise the ticket is no good until the specified time.

nick20045
10-04-2005, 08:45 PM
sorry but i have a headache does not count. it has to be something that a doctor says you cannot travel otherwise you can have serious consequences to your health.

sorry to read about your operation. but, next time you travel and you declare it, your premium is going to go up.

but insurance, first of all a person should check if there is what is called a "reciprocal agreement" between the country he/she lives in and Russia. (there is one between uk and russia). secondly, should still take out insurance. for a start, from what i understand, the state health hospitals are not that good. and, if need private medication it can cost an arm and a leg and last one, to insure the luggage.

nick20045
10-04-2005, 08:45 PM
sorry but i have a headache does not count. it has to be something that a doctor says you cannot travel otherwise you can have serious consequences to your health.

sorry to read about your operation. but, next time you travel and you declare it, your premium is going to go up.

but insurance, first of all a person should check if there is what is called a "reciprocal agreement" between the country he/she lives in and Russia. (there is one between uk and russia). secondly, should still take out insurance. for a start, from what i understand, the state health hospitals are not that good. and, if need private medication it can cost an arm and a leg and last one, to insure the luggage.

toymaker
10-05-2005, 05:18 AM
sorry Nick but in my country and indeed my CAA agency ....the flight is insured not the health. I was never asked about my heart condition or if I had a health problem. Only if you buy HEALTH insurance are you asked these questions. Travel(ticket) insurance is not health( medical) insurance. I can cancel for any reason and that was from the agents mouth.

It may be that way in your country but not all all travel agencies deal the same way. I asked about maybe coming home early from my visit in YO and was shown in writing that I can cancel anytime and purchase a new ticket if I purchase travel insurance. The health Insurance is at my option as it would not cover a preexisting condition that was there before you bought the insurance.

toymaker
10-05-2005, 05:18 AM
sorry Nick but in my country and indeed my CAA agency ....the flight is insured not the health. I was never asked about my heart condition or if I had a health problem. Only if you buy HEALTH insurance are you asked these questions. Travel(ticket) insurance is not health( medical) insurance. I can cancel for any reason and that was from the agents mouth.

It may be that way in your country but not all all travel agencies deal the same way. I asked about maybe coming home early from my visit in YO and was shown in writing that I can cancel anytime and purchase a new ticket if I purchase travel insurance. The health Insurance is at my option as it would not cover a preexisting condition that was there before you bought the insurance.

nick20045
10-05-2005, 09:02 AM
i am not going to argue the point. personally i think either you misunderstood or you were given the wrong information.

in england it is one insurance for health, ticket, baggage, money, credit cards, third party indemnity (in case run somebody down with a car or cause third party damage) etc etc

i find it hard to believe that a person can buy an insurance and let us say, for the sake of the argument...... cancel a holiday and return early because say..... does not like the food. or expected to see women with skimpy clothes and cannot find any, so wants to return home. but....... like i said, i find it strange to believe this can be done.

nick20045
10-05-2005, 09:02 AM
i am not going to argue the point. personally i think either you misunderstood or you were given the wrong information.

in england it is one insurance for health, ticket, baggage, money, credit cards, third party indemnity (in case run somebody down with a car or cause third party damage) etc etc

i find it hard to believe that a person can buy an insurance and let us say, for the sake of the argument...... cancel a holiday and return early because say..... does not like the food. or expected to see women with skimpy clothes and cannot find any, so wants to return home. but....... like i said, i find it strange to believe this can be done.

Dutchy013
10-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Nick,

I enjoyed every bit of your saga. Had the same experience with a great woman from Ukraine. Have been there a number of times and she visited me in Holland too. Even till now she is still baby sitting me, watching out for me all the time. Family does not speak English, but makes you feel welcome.

back to my saga.

Dutchy013
10-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Nick,

I enjoyed every bit of your saga. Had the same experience with a great woman from Ukraine. Have been there a number of times and she visited me in Holland too. Even till now she is still baby sitting me, watching out for me all the time. Family does not speak English, but makes you feel welcome.

back to my saga.

nick20045
10-05-2005, 03:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by Dutchy013

Nick,

back to my saga.

thanks for the comments. i am NOT saying that one has to trust from the word GO. YES there ARE a LOT of scammers out there. but, have to also trust ones instincts.

otherwise if just going to shout SCAMMER as soon as you maybe notice a mistake, might as well join a priestry as no chance of finding a girlfriend.

and please, when you read their letters, read it once, twice, think, then read it a third time. they use translators. they hardly speak English. try to understand what she is trying to say. if you do not understand ask her to explain. do not just assume she is a scammer. look for proof.

nick20045
10-05-2005, 03:14 PM

Nick,

back to my saga.

thanks for the comments. i am NOT saying that one has to trust from the word GO. YES there ARE a LOT of scammers out there. but, have to also trust ones instincts.

otherwise if just going to shout SCAMMER as soon as you maybe notice a mistake, might as well join a priestry as no chance of finding a girlfriend.

and please, when you read their letters, read it once, twice, think, then read it a third time. they use translators. they hardly speak English. try to understand what she is trying to say. if you do not understand ask her to explain. do not just assume she is a scammer. look for proof.

toymaker
10-05-2005, 06:36 PM
We here do not have a one fee....cover all insurance. Each must be purchased seperately. Sorry but I did not misunderstand. I have a heart condition and asked about health insurance and it is sold seperately. Different country policys and different insurance companies, I guess.

toymaker
10-05-2005, 06:36 PM
We here do not have a one fee....cover all insurance. Each must be purchased seperately. Sorry but I did not misunderstand. I have a heart condition and asked about health insurance and it is sold seperately. Different country policys and different insurance companies, I guess.

lonelyboy
10-15-2005, 12:11 PM
To ajtst10 (first letter)

Try to put an announcement to some local newspaper. But look for a woman from some small city near to St.Petersburg or Moscow. You need to get help from some Russian speaking person to contact these papers and make your letter in Russian.
And about Mow (Moscow) and Pete (St.Petersburg). If you want to meet a woman in one of these cities. Mow is much more expensive and more Russian city. Pete more "western".
I think this is worth to try. I thought the same by myself because still looking for a woman from Russia.
Most women profiles in net are scam. But due to the fact that scammers put a lot of profiles here. These profiles are mostly stolen photos of beuatiful women. And they get over 80 % of contacts.
So this situation does not show the real side of the matter.

Very good letters in this forum. Go on.

lonelyboy
10-15-2005, 12:11 PM
To ajtst10 (first letter)

Try to put an announcement to some local newspaper. But look for a woman from some small city near to St.Petersburg or Moscow. You need to get help from some Russian speaking person to contact these papers and make your letter in Russian.
And about Mow (Moscow) and Pete (St.Petersburg). If you want to meet a woman in one of these cities. Mow is much more expensive and more Russian city. Pete more "western".
I think this is worth to try. I thought the same by myself because still looking for a woman from Russia.
Most women profiles in net are scam. But due to the fact that scammers put a lot of profiles here. These profiles are mostly stolen photos of beuatiful women. And they get over 80 % of contacts.
So this situation does not show the real side of the matter.

Very good letters in this forum. Go on.

Dutchy013
10-15-2005, 12:21 PM
I do not know about the percentage, but I have met a number of real sincere women, although never from Russia.
Always from Rumania, Moldova and Ukraine

Dutchy013
10-15-2005, 12:21 PM
I do not know about the percentage, but I have met a number of real sincere women, although never from Russia.
Always from Rumania, Moldova and Ukraine

Sonar
10-15-2005, 01:44 PM
Any of you guys ever been to Kazakstan? I've been to Ukraine and Russia many times but never any farther south.
Thinking about going to Kazakstan in a couple of months. It seems to be a place where the Russian women have been overlooked.
Any opinions??

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

Sonar
10-15-2005, 01:44 PM
Any of you guys ever been to Kazakstan? I've been to Ukraine and Russia many times but never any farther south.
Thinking about going to Kazakstan in a couple of months. It seems to be a place where the Russian women have been overlooked.
Any opinions??

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

Dutchy013
10-15-2005, 02:08 PM
Sonar,
I have never been there.
I never saw any woman from Kazakstan on these dating sites, so I have no idea how they look like. :)
Maybe even a lot more cultural differences as with womman from Russia and Ukraine?
By the way, the only time I got scammed was in Russia :D

Dutchy013
10-15-2005, 02:08 PM
Sonar,
I have never been there.
I never saw any woman from Kazakstan on these dating sites, so I have no idea how they look like. :)
Maybe even a lot more cultural differences as with womman from Russia and Ukraine?
By the way, the only time I got scammed was in Russia :D

Sonar
10-15-2005, 02:22 PM
Dutchy,
It is my opinion that a guy is more likely to become involved with a scammer in Russia than anywhere else. Although I know some very good women from Russia, I also find Russian women to be somewhat cold, unfriendly and difficult to get to know well.
Again, this is just my opinion and I am sure that others will disagree, but Ukrainian women are much more friendly, sincere, open and loving. And more fun to be with.
Many Russian women that I have met were just boring as hell to be with. Very good looking but somewhat disappointing, And also very easily offended.
There are some very beautiful Russian women in Kazakstan and they seem to be different from the normal Russian women.

Sonar
10-15-2005, 02:22 PM
Dutchy,
It is my opinion that a guy is more likely to become involved with a scammer in Russia than anywhere else. Although I know some very good women from Russia, I also find Russian women to be somewhat cold, unfriendly and difficult to get to know well.
Again, this is just my opinion and I am sure that others will disagree, but Ukrainian women are much more friendly, sincere, open and loving. And more fun to be with.
Many Russian women that I have met were just boring as hell to be with. Very good looking but somewhat disappointing, And also very easily offended.
There are some very beautiful Russian women in Kazakstan and they seem to be different from the normal Russian women.

Dutchy013
10-15-2005, 03:38 PM
I am interested in your experiences in Kazakstan, keep us posted :D

Dutchy013
10-15-2005, 03:38 PM
I am interested in your experiences in Kazakstan, keep us posted :D

elenag
10-15-2005, 03:46 PM

I suggest to all my clients to stay away from UA, Moldova and Belrus. For many reasons. Especially UA. The political situation, the mentality, the statistics from INS (cited to my be some clients)... they are not part of the convention about child kidnapping (I don't remember the name of the convention). If your UA wife decides to take off with your joint child back to UA, good luck with getting your kid back... (I have had offers to help to kidnap the child from the UA to return it to father until at least the divorce proseeding. I declined of course, but I felt for the poor guys who got into this situation)

I am half-Ukrainian, by the way. So, I am voting against my own blood so to speak.

elenag
10-15-2005, 03:46 PM

I suggest to all my clients to stay away from UA, Moldova and Belrus. For many reasons. Especially UA. The political situation, the mentality, the statistics from INS (cited to my be some clients)... they are not part of the convention about child kidnapping (I don't remember the name of the convention). If your UA wife decides to take off with your joint child back to UA, good luck with getting your kid back... (I have had offers to help to kidnap the child from the UA to return it to father until at least the divorce proseeding. I declined of course, but I felt for the poor guys who got into this situation)

I am half-Ukrainian, by the way. So, I am voting against my own blood so to speak.

Dutchy013
10-15-2005, 03:50 PM
I chance that I will have a child are alomost 0%
I go to Moldova and Ukraine about 5-7 times a year, never had a bad experience.
The only bad experiences I had were in Russia.

Dutchy013
10-15-2005, 03:50 PM
I chance that I will have a child are alomost 0%
I go to Moldova and Ukraine about 5-7 times a year, never had a bad experience.
The only bad experiences I had were in Russia.

elenag
10-15-2005, 03:53 PM
Then stick with UA it that is what works for you. For the rest of the guys I still suggest to stay away from those countries. But just my 2 cents, of course.

elenag
10-15-2005, 03:53 PM
Then stick with UA it that is what works for you. For the rest of the guys I still suggest to stay away from those countries. But just my 2 cents, of course.

Smoote
10-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Elena - I'm just curious but what's wrong with Belarus?

Thanks,
Smoote

Smoote
10-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Elena - I'm just curious but what's wrong with Belarus?

Thanks,
Smoote

Sonar
10-15-2005, 05:59 PM
Anyone know anything about Kazakstan????
How about elenag??? What is the scoop on Kazakstan???

Sonar
10-15-2005, 05:59 PM
Anyone know anything about Kazakstan????
How about elenag??? What is the scoop on Kazakstan???

Dutchy013
10-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Sonar,

This a a book about Kazakstan.

Kazakstan, Kyrgystan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan & Uzbekista
A Country Study
Hardcover | USA Edition | 1997
ISBN: 157980165X

Maybe of any use?

Dutchy013
10-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Sonar,

A Country Study

Maybe of any use?

nick20045
10-27-2005, 08:39 AM
/nick20045 jumps in now. not wanting to be outdone :D:D:D LOL

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/kz.html

http://welcome.to/kazakstan

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Kazakstan&btnG=Google+Search

p.s. women there: face, hair, eyes, eyebrows, nose, ears, mouth, neck, chin, body, boobs...... well in short....... like all others. question is: do they nag more or less........

seek and thou shalt find the answer :D:D

p.s. and word of advise....... do not mix kazan with kazakstan. i did (when talking to a woman from kazan..... and i got one heck of a nasty look for making that mistake).

nick20045
10-27-2005, 08:39 AM
/nick20045 jumps in now. not wanting to be outdone :D:D:D LOL

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/kz.html

http://welcome.to/kazakstan

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Kazakstan&btnG=Google+Search

p.s. women there: face, hair, eyes, eyebrows, nose, ears, mouth, neck, chin, body, boobs...... well in short....... like all others. question is: do they nag more or less........

seek and thou shalt find the answer :D:D

p.s. and word of advise....... do not mix kazan with kazakstan. i did (when talking to a woman from kazan..... and i got one heck of a nasty look for making that mistake).

Sonar
10-27-2005, 01:25 PM

Sonar,

A Country Study

Maybe of any use?
Hey Dutchy, Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. Man I've been in contact with this really great looking girl from Almanty, Kazakstan for two years now. Really sweet and I have no reason to think that she is a scammer. Thinking about going there. Thanks

Sonar
10-27-2005, 01:25 PM

Sonar,

A Country Study

Maybe of any use?
Hey Dutchy, Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. Man I've been in contact with this really great looking girl from Almanty, Kazakstan for two years now. Really sweet and I have no reason to think that she is a scammer. Thinking about going there. Thanks

Sonar
10-27-2005, 01:33 PM

p.s. and word of advise....... do not mix kazan with kazakstan. i did (when talking to a woman from kazan.....
Hey Nick, You ever been to the Safar Hotel in Kazan??
The couple of times that I have been to Kazan, I stayed at the Safar. Man the women there are 'ucho manitchka'. Tatar girls definately know what good lovin' is all about.

Sonar
10-27-2005, 01:33 PM

p.s. and word of advise....... do not mix kazan with kazakstan. i did (when talking to a woman from kazan.....
Hey Nick, You ever been to the Safar Hotel in Kazan??
The couple of times that I have been to Kazan, I stayed at the Safar. Man the women there are 'ucho manitchka'. Tatar girls definately know what good lovin' is all about.

Dutchy013
10-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Sonar,
I am taken by this great Ukrain girl.
So far all went well, she is moving to Holland next week.
I opened a topic about marriage, see the comments :)

Dutchy013
10-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Sonar,
I am taken by this great Ukrain girl.
So far all went well, she is moving to Holland next week.
I opened a topic about marriage, see the comments :)

nick20045
10-27-2005, 03:55 PM
hey sonar......

yeah. they really "know how to". never been in safar hotel. actually never been to kazan yet. going next december but as to tatar women..... well at the moment in a relationship with one. :D:D and i love her loads!!!

bleeding nora!!!! you been writing to somebody for two years and not met her yet!!!!! i wrote to this woman for 4 weeks. we already met. and i am off to russia to be with her for 2 weeks in december!!!!!

dutchy is spoken for. one of them ukrainian women. things people do to save a few bucks on getting a visa!!!!

oops........ dutchy am i in trouble!!! ?????:D:D:D:D

nick20045
10-27-2005, 03:55 PM
hey sonar......

yeah. they really "know how to". never been in safar hotel. actually never been to kazan yet. going next december but as to tatar women..... well at the moment in a relationship with one. :D:D and i love her loads!!!

bleeding nora!!!! you been writing to somebody for two years and not met her yet!!!!! i wrote to this woman for 4 weeks. we already met. and i am off to russia to be with her for 2 weeks in december!!!!!

dutchy is spoken for. one of them ukrainian women. things people do to save a few bucks on getting a visa!!!!

oops........ dutchy am i in trouble!!! ?????:D:D:D:D

Dutchy013
10-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Nick,
I know my reputation is against me :)
We have spent a whole lot of time together, I traveled to Ukraine on my business visa, paid by my company, they even paid for my tickets, dinners and lodging!
I guess i am a real Dutchy :D

Dutchy013
10-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Nick,
We have spent a whole lot of time together, I traveled to Ukraine on my business visa, paid by my company, they even paid for my tickets, dinners and lodging!

nick20045
10-27-2005, 05:06 PM

Nick,

yeah! go on. rub it in..... like salt on a wound!!!

and there is me...... just spent 5 hours with a tin, a banjo and a mouth organ, in a corner trying to collect enough money for my next trip!!!!!

ohhhhhhh you have me jealous!!!!!

:D:D:D

nick20045
10-27-2005, 05:06 PM

Nick,

yeah! go on. rub it in..... like salt on a wound!!!

and there is me...... just spent 5 hours with a tin, a banjo and a mouth organ, in a corner trying to collect enough money for my next trip!!!!!

ohhhhhhh you have me jealous!!!!!

:D:D:D

Dutchy013
10-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Nick,

I have got tears in my eyes, you make me cry :D, what a sad story.

Anyway, I got our contract all sorted out.
I faxed it to her yesterday and she agreed with the content.

Dutchy013
10-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Nick,

I have got tears in my eyes, you make me cry :D, what a sad story.

nick20045
10-27-2005, 06:51 PM

so i guess you are still "going dutch" with her? :D;)

anyway..... agreeing to the content is nothing. it depends if she slaps you first time she sees you is the question :D:D:D

joking apart. glad all things are working out. /me got problems with my lady. i think i am in the doghouse :(:(:(

oh well. nothing new i guess......

nick20045
10-27-2005, 06:51 PM

so i guess you are still "going dutch" with her? :D;)

anyway..... agreeing to the content is nothing. it depends if she slaps you first time she sees you is the question :D:D:D

joking apart. glad all things are working out. /me got problems with my lady. i think i am in the doghouse :(:(:(

oh well. nothing new i guess......