PDA

View Full Version : to see if the girls is the one in pic

WindDevil
11-14-2005, 06:46 AM
Just ask her to do something and to have a picture taken for you doing what you asked.
Why would she say not to that if she has nothing to hide. Or would they get offended?
I got a letter the other day confirming what nick20045 had said about the flowers and she said that sending 3,5,7 is ok but 2,4 only for death thanks nick that did help.
if anyone knows about a site with good info on things like that let us know.

toymaker
11-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Go to womenrussia and read her info on how to treat Russian Women.. She is a Russian-american and published a book or two on the ladies. You will learn a lot.

elenag
11-14-2005, 01:30 PM
Just to avoid any confusion: Elena Petrova and I are two different people. Somehow I get confused for Elena Petrova all the time. People call and write to me to say how they liked my book, or that they just sighed up for a membership on Elenas Models...

elenag
11-14-2005, 01:57 PM
As to your questions about making photos at your request..

if I were a girl looking at marrying a guy overseas and I was corresponding only with you (no other guys to correspond with), I might have considered your request even though i would feel that you questioning my sincerity doesn't earn you any points in my eyes.

if I corresponded with more that just you, let's say if I corresponded with 4-5 guys, you as a "contestant" would move several steps down the ladder for me and I would concentrate on other guys who are more respectful and not as hight maintenance.

reasons for that:
1. pride. if someone doesn't even trust me enough tp believe my pics are accurate, i am not going to jump through the loops to win that guy. he is free to go and find someone more desperate.
2. costs. unless i had a digital camera (and I woudln't if I was still in Russia), I wouldn't consider spending $1.5 for the roll of film + asking my friends to make pics of me in such and such way (what would THEY think? probably nothing good), then spend $1-2 for developing and $1-2 for scanning (that's $4-5 right there! for that money I could buy food for 3 days), all for a guy who is not a man enough to send 3 roses with the picture upon delivery. if he wants to confirm how i look, why doesn't he spends his own money? answer is probably "too cheap" (choosing cost effective versus respectul toward his date), and it is not a type of person I would consider marrying. unless, as i said, he was the only guy I had and i was pretty desperate. but i never was in a situation when i was desperate (i had about 100 guys writing to me at the beginning, so i had an opposite problem - too much to handle), so i cannot say for sure how i would or wouldn't react.

elenag
11-14-2005, 02:04 PM

WindDevil
11-15-2005, 01:33 AM
Once again thank you elenag

I understand the way of thinking. I aslo would feel the same but I do not have an address so, to send flowers is hard. If I had the address flowers would be the first thing I would do.
I am waitting to get her address, the only address I have is a letter box, she did tell me that she can only receive at this address and it has been about a month now. She has not asked for anything yet. So you understand my confusion.
I have been told she likes the "snowdrop" apart form other flowers and sugar candy but I am waitting for an address.
It is a long story I suppose we will find out in a few days and I will informe you about it all. You might know before me LOL.
Kind regards to all on this forum.

elenag
11-15-2005, 02:03 AM
if she is in no hurry to give you her address, i think your relationship are not strong yet... but wait for a while longer and see.

WindDevil
11-15-2005, 02:44 PM
Yes I agree I need a slap across the face to get back to reality.

You have been a lot of help elenag.
Thank you.

ham
11-26-2005, 10:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by elenag

As to your questions about making photos at your request..

if I were a girl looking at marrying a guy overseas and I was corresponding only with you (no other guys to correspond with), I might have considered your request even though i would feel that you questioning my sincerity doesn't earn you any points in my eyes.

if I corresponded with more that just you, let's say if I corresponded with 4-5 guys, you as a "contestant" would move several steps down the ladder for me and I would concentrate on other guys who are more respectful and not as hight maintenance.

reasons for that:
1. pride. if someone doesn't even trust me enough tp believe my pics are accurate, i am not going to jump through the loops to win that guy. he is free to go and find someone more desperate.
2. costs. unless i had a digital camera (and I woudln't if I was still in Russia), I wouldn't consider spending $1.5 for the roll of film + asking my friends to make pics of me in such and such way (what would THEY think? probably nothing good), then spend $1-2 for developing and $1-2 for scanning (that's $4-5 right there! for that money I could buy food for 3 days), all for a guy who is not a man enough to send 3 roses with the picture upon delivery. if he wants to confirm how i look, why doesn't he spends his own money? answer is probably "too cheap" (choosing cost effective versus respectul toward his date), and it is not a type of person I would consider marrying. unless, as i said, he was the only guy I had and i was pretty desperate. but i never was in a situation when i was desperate (i had about 100 guys writing to me at the beginning, so i had an opposite problem - too much to handle), so i cannot say for sure how i would or wouldn't react.

the problem has no solution: scammer just don't want any.
about questioning the sincerity of a perfect stranger, well that is the due course of action.
Some say even flower deliveries are "impolite"; a few weirdos even think background checks are illegal.
The problem shows here: how can a woman ( [u]ANY woman</u>) make considerate choices while writing 100 men at the same time?!
Ok, i read a claim from a (supposed) man saying he had written 700 women from 40 agencies...big deal.

The issue is: the $ & the a$$ are mine...thus i have to take care of them myself.
Is that impolite?
Who cares...