PDA

View Full Version : A NEW STORY ABOUT MEETING A RUSSIAN GIRL

lonelyboy
11-21-2005, 11:43 AM
Hi everybody !

Here is a story about the meeting with a Russian girl Nadezhda from Volgograd. We had some correspondence and agreed about the meeting in St.Petersburg and then to make a visit to Helsinki and Stockholm.
She told me she has 700 $ and will take care of all her costs during our meeting. Well, we met in St.Petersburg and got her the VISA to Shengen countries in 3 days. I had also reserved us the ship tour Helsinki-Stockholm-Helsinki + one night in Stockholm. Package price 190 euros. Also I paid beforehand her train from STP to Helsinki about 50 euros. We stayed in Peter for 4 nights to wait for the visa and see around there. All went rather well sofar. We had decided about a serious meeting and looking for the marriage from both sides.
But already at the first night she came very "aggressive" about the sex. Actually I was not quite sure about our real feelings and also she looked very different from her photos. I see she sent me photos where she was about 22-25. Now she is 32 yrs and looking already different so I decided to behave rather like a friend. But she got her visa and I had paid all our reservations so I decided to go on as we had agree beforehand. But after getting the visa and trip to Stockholm she changed her behaviour. She became very unpolite and did not want to pay me back her costs which she had promised to pay for her trip. She was accusing me about cheating her and that I wanted more money from her. In reality all costs were lower than usual because I had got many special discounts. In this stage I want to tell that she did not know English but we managed to discuss somehow because I know a little Russian. But all the time she spoke very fast language and did not want to use dictionary to explain better. So probably I did not understand all what she explained to me. It was her meaning to behave so to cheat me. Her emails before our meeting were good English and she told that she has a good translator who helps her. But during our meeting the situation was different as I told you. So this kind of behaviour is also a good sign about the intensions to cheat in some way.
Well, when we arrived back to Helsinki she suddenly told me that she has a friend in Aland. A small island between Finland and Sweden. And she wanted to go there. So I understood that she only wanted me to pay all her costs to meet another friend or a man in Aland !
And it was also strange that during our meeting she often wanted to look around alone for 30 mins or one hour. But this was because she contacted her other friend by phone and probably planned how to cheat me. She seemed to have some Russian speaking fiends also in Helsinki and Stockholm.

Finally after a long discussion and quarrel she paid me back part of her costs for the trip to Stockholm and Helsinki as we had agreed beforehand. But not our hotel costs in St.Petersburg and many other costs.
So I did not want to have any sex with her because I realized that she wanted to use it only to say that I am her boyfriend and should pay all her costs ! This is a common habit in Russia. And we had also many obstacles between us. First it is very difficult to agree about anything serious with a woman who does not know English (or other common language). And what do you think about a woman who does not know what is Christmas or a Bible ? Also she told me that she does not drink or smoke. But she drunk a bottle of strong wine and 7 half liter stoups at night club without even getting drunk very much ! And she tried to smoke behing my back. I do not like smoking women and told about it to her before too.
So finally I am happy that I could get rid of her because she even did not try to behave correctly.
I did not lose very much money but anyway about 500 Euros for a trip which was not any success and necessary for me. And finally I got from her 150 Euros back after quarrels and was very happy to get rid of her sooner than planned !

So what can we learn about such meetings ? Many RUSSIAN WOMEN want to meet you only to get some holiday, trips, presents and good life without any purpose to meet you for making any serious relations with you ! But I was any way happy because I went to Peter one day before our meeting and I met a nice girl for 3 hours in Peter. This woman was very nice and the 3 hours with her were much better than the 7 days with Nadezhda !! So I hope that all the trip was not a disaster and we can have a better meeting with this other woman soon again !

So I wait for your comments and would like to hear other stories from men who meet Russian women. Also successful and not only scam stories. I think it helps us a lot to understand how to meet a Russian woman ....

Good Luck !

Dutchy013
11-21-2005, 12:56 PM
I had a similar experience in Novosibirsk early last year.
I reported her to several scam sites, she was very upset about this and mailed me a few times that I had misunderstood her intentions during our time together.
http://www.anti-scam.org/cgi-bin/scamers-info/comments.cgi?view=558
Wjen you are there with a girl, there is not much you can do than just let time pass :)

lonelyboy
11-23-2005, 06:45 AM
Well, that woman accused me of cheating her because I did not f..ck her....but I never promised it...

Sonar
11-23-2005, 02:54 PM
Lonelyboy, That is a very interesting story. My guess is that you probably met this woman online through some agency??? Maybe you will explain how you made your first e-mail contact??
My guess is that she has probably been involved with other men through online communication. She has probably been successfull at manipulating other men in the past with sex.
These type of women are the main reason that I ALWAYS avoid Russian women online. I only use the internet to communicate with women that I already know in person. The very best Russian women will not be found on the internet.
Your story reminds me of Marianna Rudenko from Ryazan, Russia. I was involved in a three year relationship with her from Feburary '00 until September '03. I met her through an internet agency (kiss.com) that is no longer in business.
After about 4 months of correspondence I decided to go to Russia to meet her in person. I had already been to Russia and Ukraine about 4 times before I went there to meet her, so I knew my way around a little bit. I had some experience with Russian women and thought that I knew what to expect. But my first meeting with her resulted in an unexpected situation.
She was a very pretty girl. 30 years old and spoke excellent English. She lives in Ryazan, Russia. A small, dirty little town about 250km southwest of Moscow.
I arrived in Moscow in July of '00 and checked into the Novatell Hotel across the street from SVO International Airport. It was kind of strange for me as I called her on the telephone to tell her that I had arrived. I suddenly realized that this was the first time that I had spoke to her on the phone and I felt a little nervous.
We spoke for awhile and made plans for her to travel to Moscow by train the next morning. She had a very sweet voice and I felt comfortable after our conversation.
The next day, I went to the hotel lobby at about noon to wait for her. I was thinking that I should book another room for her but decided to wait until she arrived. I had no intentions of trying to get her into bed during our first meeting. I was searching for a wife, not a whore.
She arrived on schedule and we recognized each other with no problem. We went to a little cafe in the hotel and had tea and cake and got to know each other for awhile. I was very impressed with her. Very sweet, good English, well dressed and very beautifull.
After awhile we decided to go into the city and do something. She wanted to shower and freshen up first. So I told her that I should first go to the front desk and get her a room. She looked at me and said "It is not necessary." So we went to my room.
While she spent some time in the bathroom I was lying on the bed thinking to myself about how pretty she was. She came out of the bathroom looking more beautifull that before. I was very attracted to her and decided to test the waters a little bit. So I gave her a little kiss. Then another little kiss. Then the little kiss turned into a big kiss and before I knew it, we were under the bed sheets and her clothes were on the floor.
This was the start of a relationship that lasted for three years. An emotional rollercoaster ride that had it's up's and down's on a daily basis. Some days she was the sweetest woman on earth and some days she was the daughter of Satan. In the back of my mind there was always an unanswered question about her. After only knowing her in person for two hours, what kind of woman would be naked in my bed? I didn't think of her as a whore but still there was some doubt. I think that it was just the age old game of women trying to manipulate men with sex. When she finally realized that she could not manipulate me, she became a real bitch.
I brought here here to the USA on a K1 visa in Sept.'03 and after only one week I realized that I can not live with this woman. So I ended the relationship and sent her home.
My point is that some Russian women will definately try to use sex to manipulate a man. If it were not for that one problem with her, I think that we would have been happily married.

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

Dutchy013
11-23-2005, 04:38 PM
Sonar,
I am sorry for you that this had to end in such a way.
I also have to admit that I enjoy the stories on this forum, in one way or another they sound familiar.
As you probably have seen, the girl in Novosibirsk was not bad looking at all too, but she had a cold manipulating character.

ham
11-25-2005, 07:30 PM
well, there was a story on another forum about an older man who travelled to Moscow to meet this hottie half his age.
It turned out she brought a girlfriend along but the threesome ended with him paying for shopping sprees & restaurants for the 2.
As well, suspicious leave would be present...she had to take an exam; she had to sit an interview...my guess is she was entertaining other relationships.
After months of rollercoaster, when he pressed her for serious commitment, she admitted he was too old for her.
I wonder in the meantime how many suckers had been trapped in her web.
This brings the issue up of many FSU fairies with good looks ( of course, who would bother if they were butt ugly? ) and fluent in a foreign language, who make a living out of foreigners' gullible or twisted fluffy ideas.

Sonar
11-25-2005, 07:41 PM
I really don't understand these guys messin' around with women half their age and then expecting a serious relationship. Women like that are fun for a night or two but then you have to move on and forget about it.
For me it's 8-10 years max. (Maybe 12 under the right conditions).
Anything younger than that is just a one nighter.

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

lonelyboy
11-26-2005, 08:58 AM
Sorry Sonar,

I am one of them....
Anyway in our country it is very usual that a man is 8-12 years older if the couple marries when both are over 30...
There are many young and even serious women who like older men.
They appreciate the life experience of men more than age difference.
Most of my girlfriends are 20-25 years younger than me. I know that this can make more risk but I am ready to take it.
And on the contrary there are also many men who like older women. My aunt is married with a man who is 16 years younger than she is....
So this is in a matter of fact very personal question. And for sure I am not compelling anyone to marry me. I have heard that these marriages are often very happy. There are ofcourse many young women who are only after the money but it is not difficult to distinquish such a woman from others. If a young woman is very good looking so the risk is very big but if I can find a usual looking young woman I think that the risk is not so big.
So good luck for everybody !!

ham
11-26-2005, 09:51 AM
let's not fool ourselves...fresh meat does have an appeal.
let's equally not fool ourselves about why or how a female would hop in the sack with a man 20-30 years her senior.
Do such odd relationships works?
As long as the man keeps fuelling the engine, which sparked the interest, eg money, travels, shopping sprees, whatever.
Your story at the beginning of the post represents a (very) likely outcome of such odd relationships...and the outcome was rather mild.
There are cases of men taken to the cleaners, or of women marrying, then laying any younger male in sight from the milkman to one's brother.

At which point we can indulge in speculations over the cynical, manipulative, heartless nature of FSU or else women, while the problem is ours to start with.
Again...
I'm not gay and anybody would literally jump at any Gwen Stefani, Shakira or Britney Spears (or whoever) ready to open herself up to him...if she's half one's age, the better.
HOWEVER
Unless i am say Stephen King, George Clooney, Eric Clapton or whoever along that line, what would Gwen Stefani do with me?
Besides, even celebrities are used for their fame, then dropped like hot rocks.

I'd rather keep real.

Sonar
11-26-2005, 11:20 AM
I suppose that every situation is different and depends on the two people involved. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with a man being involved with a women half his age. It is his business and if it works for him, that's great.
But personally, I find most women in their early 20's to be bimbos who have not yet developed a true direction in life. Outside of the bedroom, I tend to get bored with them very quickly.
I once met a guy in a Moscow nightclub from New York. He was 64 and his girl was in her late 20's. They had been married for about 3 years and were in Moscow visiting relatives. The guy was quite friendly and recognized me as American, so I had a couple of drinks with them. I remember asking my fiancee' "What do you think about that"? (meaning their age difference). She said "Oh, it is ok because they love each other". I thought to myself "Yeah,Right".

Dutchy013
11-26-2005, 01:05 PM
Sonar,
You have been there!
Also local business men have girls halve their age, I am sure you have seen them in the night clubs too.
I guess there is in east Europe a different opinion about this as we are used to.

ham
11-26-2005, 01:18 PM
well, the good old mileages varycatch phrase doesn't hold much water in this context.
Sure, if you're turning 66 & living in a cartonbox off food stamps and [u]still</u>have Shakiras or Gwen Stefanis digging you like crazy, that has to be for whom you truly are, then.
Otherwise, i remain highly skeptical.
I at least twice had pretty 15-16yo's offering themselves to me in front of a MTL big disco in exchange for entrance fees, a good time and probably their daily dope ratio.
I was 26yo at the time, mind you.
So [u]it's not difficult at all.</u>
Become a regular at any pub or disco, splurge $, make sure you get known as an affluent swinger looking for a good time, and you'll sure have more tail than you can manage.
Don't come back complaining if that is not Romeo&Juliet or other fairy tale, however...as well, don't complain if the bang/buck ratio decreases steadily.
On another forum a (supposed) FSUW claimed she was madly in love with her western husband...[u]thirty years her senior.</u>
Of course she admitted she'd like to say take latino dancing sessions, go swimming or hiking, or else active stuff, while he was well off watching news & taking a nap.
Now i don't need to be a bitter, envious lost loser case to wonder how long before she starts having affairs or heading for the yellow pages under "divorce lawyers".
Mileages vary, yes, but within reason.
Besides, i have never heard of a significant success rate of MOB marriages, let alone those with 20+ years age gap.

lonelyboy
11-26-2005, 06:48 PM
Sonar,
You are right. I do not mean teenage girls or even women under 28.
They are bad in bed, they are not mature for a serious relationship or the marriage at all. Ofcourse there are some exceptions but only a few.
And in Russia there are so many women with a child, divorced without a man or maybe they do not even know who is the father...
What does it tell about them ?

Detective
11-26-2005, 08:30 PM
Well I think there should be another definition to prostitution..... I think that a woman who sells her body for money and who doesn't hide this fact is NOT a prostitute. A prostitute is a woman who, even without selling her body, thinks of scamming men.....
Good luck you russians..... the game is over and noone trusts your values anymore.
I wonder what do these freaken russian scammers win if they got few dirty dollars from us (North Americans).... they ruined a whole population.... who trusts a russian girl after all we read about them?? Even if she is the best I do not trust her..... I think we should send them more money to go to a psychiatrist (definitely not a russian one, preferably a north american) to help them and teach those russians about human values.....

Sonar
11-26-2005, 10:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by Dutchy013

Sonar,
You have been there!
Also local business men have girls halve their age, I am sure you have seen them in the night clubs too.
I guess there is in east Europe a different opinion about this as we are used to.
Dutchy, Sure I see it all the time. Not only in Moscow but everywhere in Russia. I have no problem with it, I'm just saying that most women in their early 20's are sometimes good for a lay but I don't take them serious.

lonelyboy
11-28-2005, 07:36 AM
In night clubs in Russia, I think there is not much job for a woman over 25.....
In Russia ALL women who visit public night clubs are looking for money for sex. Most of them are lonely women with a child and have not found other way to solve their economical problems or they want some extra money because of their selfishness. They admit this truth. Most of them still have a normal daily job but as we all know they are very badly paid. Are they prostitutes ?

lonelyboy
11-28-2005, 08:01 AM
Still I want to say that only a few Russian women know English and can use computers. So those who can they have the chance to try scamming. Believe me there ARE a lot of nice women in Russia but how to find them ? It is very difficult in Internet due to this scamming problem. It spoils the chances of real and sincere women in Russia.
And nobody trusts in agencies anymore...

ham
11-28-2005, 10:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by lonelyboy

In night clubs in Russia, I think there is not much job for a woman over 25.....
In Russia ALL women who visit public night clubs are looking for money for sex. Most of them are lonely women with a child and have not found other way to solve their economical problems or they want some extra money because of their selfishness. They admit this truth. Most of them still have a normal daily job but as we all know they are very badly paid. Are they prostitutes ?

Well, you run into that kind of women even at home...the only difference is: a) an higher price tag and b) different settings, but you'll find plenty of lounge foxes looking for a good time...of course it's not like she dries you up, then you slip a fiver in her purse & it's ok...oh, no! You wine, dine them...you fund shopping sprees...you act as in a soap opera...
I have much more empathy & respect for the FSU single mother trying to raise a buck, than for all the well-dressed western dating queens, who are sleeping with half the town anyway.

Prostitution is a big word.
If your friend's wife or girlfriend sleeps with you because you wine&dine her etc, then we call it "swinging" or an "affair"...well, the "50 bucks a bang" prostitute could label her work as "affairs", but she doesn't bother...in the end, females having lots of sex with different partners on both ends.

Sonar
11-28-2005, 10:42 AM
quote:
And nobody trusts in agencies anymore...

Lonelyboy,Anyone that places trust in an internet marriage/dating agency these days is foolish indeed. Honest agencys no longer exist. They have found it to be more profitable to be full of BS. In 1999 when I first became involved with Russian women, there was not so much scamming and there were mostly honest agencies and women. Today it is much different and nothing more than a bad joke.
Here in the USA, it is not a popular idea for a man to go to Russia for a women. So there are new fools everyday that fall to agencies and scammers through the internet.

lonelyboy
11-28-2005, 04:21 PM
I agree Sonar.
But still it seems that there are really a lot of men from USA looking for a woman from Russia. At least the agencies give that impression. But I have such a comprehension that it is not very easy for a Russian woman to get a visa to USA. How is it ?
If I go to Russia and I go together with a Russian woman to our Consulate we can get her a Shengen multivisa in 2-3 days for 6 months. Normally there is a 200 m queue to Consulate, they have to queue for two days and it takes 1 month to get a visa for a Russian.
And the probability to get a visa is 95 % for a Russian woman with "a clean past". Especially some young and beautiful women have got refusal probably suspected of the prostitution.

ham
11-28-2005, 05:45 PM

I agree Sonar.
But still it seems that there are really a lot of men from USA looking for a woman from Russia. At least the agencies give that impression. But I have such a comprehension that it is not very easy for a Russian woman to get a visa to USA. How is it ?
If I go to Russia and I go together with a Russian woman to our Consulate we can get her a Shengen multivisa in 2-3 days for 6 months. Normally there is a 200 m queue to Consulate, they have to queue for two days and it takes 1 month to get a visa for a Russian.
And the probability to get a visa is 95 % for a Russian woman with "a clean past". Especially some young and beautiful women have got refusal probably suspected of the prostitution.

I guess americans ( secondly westerners in generals ) must be perceived as simpletons. The issue (as with any advertisement) is [u]NOT</u> to get you to truly lose weight, turn $100 into $100000 with some "secret forex scheme", get a model wife half your age or increase your pen!s size...who cares...

The whole issue is to drive business through the machinery...and one's cash is badly needed...

Again, one's realistic approach is the best defense...what would a model half my age want to [u]ever</u>do with [u]average little me?</u>; I once toured offshore havens like Panama, Belize, Latvia, Estonia, Costa Rica & met some prestigious names...[u]no way in hell you can turn $100 into $100000 with a reasonable safety margin...your principal is at risk, and 99% times you loose it.</u> Increasing pen!s size without surgery?! Ask any urologist...

It's that simple...once you get it.

lonelyboy
11-28-2005, 09:58 PM
Well we all have our dreams...
What is life without any dreams....?

Sonar
11-29-2005, 12:21 AM

Well we all have our dreams...
What is life without any dreams....?

There are alot of good women in Russia. I know this from personal experience. But they will not be found on the internet!!!!!How do you find them without going there?? YOU DON'T!!!!!!
That is what most westerners do not understand.
For an American to go to Russia and find his female partner he will need to have alot of time, patience, and be willing to travel there several times per year. He will of course need a healthy bank account.
99.9% of American men will find it to be very, very difficult.

lonelyboy
11-29-2005, 07:10 AM
Sonar, again I completely agree with your ideas...
Well to go there, this is probably not a big problem (if you have money...) BUT how to FIND your dreamwoman there ??
You can contact the agencies and hope them to arrange you a meeting. Well they will do it BUT it will be the same situation as with Internet meetings. Once I tried it but was scammed by the agency. I studied their cataloques and found many interesting women whom I would like to meet. BUT they were not available ! (it was like a Russian restaurant....a big menu but most of them unfortunately not available today...) Instead the agency proposed me a woman who would be suitable for me...well I met her and paid for a 30 min meeting a lot of money. The woman looked very bored and then the agency called me later that the woman is not interested in me. The truth was that this woman was only a bait arranged by the agency to lure me and get my money !
The "best" girls I have met in student places. The problem is the language because even nowadays very few students speak English. But the good thing is that the girls very seldom turn their back to me even though I am much older. It is nice to talk with them if they know even a little English. And they have been very interested in my company (I have even got many kisses..). But those girls are too young for me because I look for a woman in 28 ...36 of age. Anyway their company has been very pleasant. But I am sure that a man in the age of 25 ...35 will find easily a nice and young girl in those places.
In public night clubs the situation is completely other. There it is possible to find a woman for one night without any problems if you are ready to help her economically....but for a serious intension a wasted time....
So here some examples about my experiences.

Good Luck !

Sonar
11-30-2005, 11:30 AM
Lonleyboy, Yes it is not an easy and simple thing to just go there and meet women on your own. The language barrier is the biggest problem for me. But it can be done.
I first became involved with FSU women in 1999 in Kiev, Ukraine. The girl that I was visiting there was nice and attractive but she was not marriage material for me. And I was just recently divorced from my American wife so I was not inclined to become immediately married again.
While spending time with her in Kiev, I noticed many more attractive ladies that were interesting to me. It is funny how women always seem to be interested in you when you are with another woman.
In January '00 I traveled to Kazan, Russia with a friend of mine who is now married to a girl from Kazan. Again I met some nice and attractive ladies but still I was not inclined toward marriage. My friends wife (girlfriend at the time) introduced me to alot of women in Kazan.
Shortly after I arrived back in the USA from Kazan, I began corresponding with a girl from Sochi, Russia. So in April of '00 I traveled to Sochi to meet her. It is funny that in her photos she was a very attractive and slim woman. However, when I met her in person she was a fat little pig. I decided very quickly that I would not waste any time with her.
So here I am in Sochi, Russia for ten days and I know absolutely nobody. Everywhere I see nice attractive women, but since I do not speak Russian well, I can not speak to them.
On my third morning in Sochi, I was sitting in the lobby of the Radisson hotel where I was staying. I was reading the English version of a local Sochi newspaper. I noticed an ad from a guy that said he was a local tourist guide. It seemed like a good idea so I called the guy. He spoke English and had a nice Mercedes E300. His name was Igor and he arrived shortly at the hotel. He accepted my offer of $100 per day to be my guide, transportation and interpreter. He was available to me 24 hours per day to take me anywhere and do anything that I wanted.
During the next 6 or 7 days I had the time of my life. I was meeting as many women as I wanted. If we were driving down a street and I saw a nice lady walking on the sidewalk, Igor would stop and ask her for some information. Of course not all women will be interested in this approach but about half of them were. Some of them thought that we were mafia guys and would not speak to us. Some of them were very curious and also friendly.
I ended up meeting one of the most beautiful and sweet women that I have ever known. Her name was Snejana, 32 years old, single, no kids and very sweet and loving and fun to be with. But that is another story for another time.
Anyway, my advice is this: Forget about searching for Russian women for now. Spend some time searching for a good guide that has a nice car and speaks good English and Russian. Be sure that he is neat and well dressed and personable. Negotiate a price of about $100 per day for him to be available 24 hours per day. Go to places such as the Old Arbot section of Moscow where there are many sidewalk cafes, art galleries, street vendors and shopping areas. There are places like this in almost any town in Russia. There will be 100's of ladies there at anytime of the day. Find a few nice, little sidewalk cafes to spend some time. Watch the ladies for signs of interest.Especially in the smaller towns of Russia, the women are always curious about foreigners. If you see one that you like, tell your guide to earn his pay.
You will not seem like such a total stranger and the women will trust you more.

Dutchy013
11-30-2005, 12:47 PM
It seems that Sonar, Lonelyboy and me usually agree on most topics.
I have been meeting with girls upto an age difference of 20 years, but it was not working.
We did not share the same interests.
Meeting and spending some holidays together is a different story as living together.
I guess an age difference till 10-12 years for a lasting relationship is not a problem.
I agree woman younger as 30 are not really an option, they do not know "life" yet and have no idea what problems to expect when moving to another country.
The best way to meet women is to go there and be pro-active.
Just go up to a woman you fancy and start talking to her, if she doen not understand you it is too bad, you cannot communicate with anyway.
Usually women are reacting very nice and surprised.
I once shared a sleepingcabin in the nighttrain from Kiev to Kharkov with a woman, she was very nice and we "talked" all evening, the next morning she invited me to her apartment in Kharkov.
No money issues, no scam.

Sonar
11-30-2005, 02:18 PM
Hey Dutchy, How are you??
Yeah I find it interesting to discuss these topics with guys that have actually been involved with FSU women in person. They are the ones that seem to know the most about what they are talking about.
I think that it is everyone's intention to give good advice and anyone becoming involved with a Russian woman will need all of the good advice that they can get.
As you said, sometimes it is not so difficult to have a nice conversation and get to know a complete stranger. I have done it myself a few times. It is much easier in person than on the internet.
If a guy is really serious about finding a good woman in eastern Europe, there are definately ways to do it. But I no longer think that meeting a woman on the internet is a good thing. Times have changed during the past few years and internet women are very risky.
Five years ago it was not such a problem since scamming was somewhat rare. But today it is totally different.

Detective
11-30-2005, 02:38 PM
Sonar,
Totally agree... I know lots of friends who got married through the internet in the past few years. I think that nowadays it is rare to find a genuine woman... and the idea of scamming is more popular specially because there are men who still believe in it based on there peers experience which occured in the late 90's... I do not think that meeting a stranger is a bad idea. I always like to meet new people but I do not expect anything from them....at all. I think that is the best way to go...

Sonar
11-30-2005, 04:42 PM
Detective,
Yes you are correct. In 1999 and 2000 it was actually very simple to meet a sincere and honest woman online from eastern Europe. I did it many times back then and not even once did a woman ask for money for anything.
Then I became involved in a serious relationship with a girl from Russia in June '00. It lasted until September of '03 when I decided to change directions.
But today the internet is infected with fraud in the marriage/dating area. I would estimate that 75% of it is scam in some way or another.
And all of these damn agencies are a large part of the problem.
I always get as good laugh when I see an agency promoting their anti-scam policy and at the same time they have profiles of women that have been all over the internet for years. What a joke.
Unfortunately, most guys that are new to this, don't realize the extent of the problem.

lonelyboy
12-01-2005, 03:59 AM
Hi guys !

You are right ! It is really possible to find in Russia nice and friendly women. In a matter of fact it is easier there than here in "west".
Usually they do not turn their back to a foreigner, on the contrary they are very curious. You can try to speak English. Even though they do not know English at all they are sometimes very interested to try to speak with you ! And if you can speak even some words of Russian it would help you a lot.
So scammers are found in Internet and badly behaving women you will find in nightclubs but be sure that there are a lot of nice women in Russia if you will look in right places. You must have a mind of an adventurer and also have a skill to take small problems as a humour..
Using somebody to help you like Sonar did is a good idea but you must trust that person and I am sure that with 100 $ per day you will get excellent service ! I would recommend smaller cities instead of Moscow or St.Petersburg. But in these cities in suburbs there are many recreation centres there you can meet during the weekends a lot of genuine and modest local Russian girls who are very interested in your company. If you have the "eye" you will find the right one. And sometimes you need only to look into the eys of the girl and she will smile to you....Behave modestly, behave like Russians and drink vodka with them and you will have a good time....
Once I went to a nightclub in Katowice Poland. There I met a Polish guy and told him that he looks like Enrico Iglesias (he really did !). After that this guy told every single girl in that club who I am and a lot of girls came to me and wanted to dance and talk with me ! I was really impressed and had a good time there !

babe_in_rusland
12-01-2005, 05:53 PM
I think that many older men who look for younger women do so because they want to start a family, which is something they have "struck out" on in previous relationships. I.e., first wife in his 20s was a bitch who did not want children, second wife in his 30s began showing manifestations of borderline schizophrenia, third wife in his 40s was a career-minded feminist, and so on down the road to half a lifetime with no family to show for it.

One positive and reliable way to seek out women from the FSU is to make contact with successful couples, who have wide circles of friends and family both here and back in Russia. They often know women who are stable and reliable who would jump at a chance to meet a western man, but never took the chance. A starting point would be a forum just like this one, or better, one dedicated to discussion about relationships with Russian women, both positive and negative, such as you find at http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/

Edit: One other way that comes to mind is to visit your nearest Russian Orthodox church in your community and/or the Russian community center that can be found in nearly all cities.

lonelyboy
12-01-2005, 06:29 PM
Hi babe !

Good idea ! Now it came to my mind that a friend of my friend found his wife from Thailand in this way ....
He contacted the Siamise Association, one married Siamise woman answered him and told that her girlfriend wants to come to my country and get married here. And so it happened ! They are happily together !