PDA

View Full Version : Question about phone service in the Ukraine?

Smoote
11-30-2005, 11:07 PM
Got a lady who is telling me that she has a special line to connect with the internet at her home (we chat by IM). But for me to call her on the phone would cost her money. I suspect either that is true or she doesn't want to me call her because she's trying to scam. No other indications that is scamming but this sounds pretty suspicious. Anyone know about phone service in the Ukraine?

Detective
11-30-2005, 11:23 PM
Well,
I can ask for you...but I think she doesn't want to talk to you because she doesn't know English. I do not think this is a sign of scamming because scammers usually call you...
In anyway, have a very low threshold to dumb her if she tells you her mum is sick and begging for money to treat her.... Lies are the standards in that area.... Just be careful, extremely careful. Scammers are real persons and know exactly what you are looking for... it is extremely hard to differentiate between a professional scammer... To me, Russians and most of the eastern europe are scammers EVEN IF they prove otherwise...
Why don't u get a brazilian?? Brazilians are nice.... what about Mexicans... I think they're better than the Russians.... The russians are well known to be excellent scammers... They are really professional... you cannot tell. It is a retrospective conclusion... I cannot say a russian is not a scammer unless I live with her the rest of my life and definitely after her death only I can say she is not.... coz they can fool you 10 years later... it is there nature my friend.... Family values are bull**** to them... they just follow where the money is....
Be careful...

Smoote
11-30-2005, 11:32 PM
Thanks for you reply. It could be because her English isn't very good. Of course if that's the case it would have been nice if she told me that instead of the phone bull (if it is bull). As for scammers I hear what you're saying. Then too I've been "Scammed" by two red blooded American ex-wives already so we've got them right here at home as well! :)

It only goes to show you that there aren't any guarantees in any romantic relationship.

Detective
12-01-2005, 12:14 AM
Right,
Scammers are everywhere... I really don't understand why!
Principles and human values are vanishing... the message is to be careful.. do not trust anyone.
In my opinion, I do not trust anyone on the internet... that's why my name is "Detective"....
Good luck in your search...Be careful though[^]

lonelyboy
12-01-2005, 02:44 AM
Anyway in Russia there are several different kind of phone services which are not at all known here. So it is possible that she is telling the truth.
Russian and Ukrainian women are very skillfull to invent new scamming methods so be careful.
Sometimes they can be happy if they can get 20 $ from you because it can be 2 weeks' salary there...

Smoote
12-01-2005, 04:11 AM
Thanks LB for the information. She seems pretty legit otherwise, which of course doesn't mean I won't get taken to the cleaners eventually LOL. But for now I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. I've run into several scammers before and she doesn't fit the mold at all otherwise.