PDA

View Full Version : SCAM OR NOT ?!!!!!!!!

lonelyboy
12-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Hi !

I received this a very convincing letter today.
I have had only 3 letters with this woman when this arrived .....
I have no idea to send money but what should I answer to her ???
How should I go on with her ?

this is her letter:

Hello my sweet xxxxxxx,

Thank you very much for your letter and nice pictures and that you are still in my life!!! If you could only imagine how much I am tired to be alone.
How is the weather at your place? Here it is rather cold and windy, but unfortunately no snow. The work is very busy before the winter
vacation and the most unpleasant thing that my salary is delayed for
the second month. You know I have one problem and at first I didn't
want to share it with you, but then I realized that you are very important for me and that I can rely on you. It is a great shame for me to tell you about it, but , please, try to understand me.
My salary is delaying but the director told is that it should be paid
out at the end of this month, but I need to live and feed myself now .
I have also a great bill for the flat which I rent, for the electricity and gas. The owner of the flat demands to pay for the rent but I don't have such money, and I am in a very difficult situation. Can you borrow me about 200$?
I will return you the money in 3 weeks, when I will be paid at my work.
I didn't want to bother you with my problems, but I tried to borrow the money here at my friends, but they don't have any money to borrow. So I decided to ask you, darling. Please, don't blame me for the asking, and don't think bad of me, I am just in a difficult situation and I ask you for help.

Please, reply to me soon, because I should know if you are able to help me or not.
Hope to hear from you very very soon,
Kiss you,
xxxxxx.

Well, I am going to do the following.
I will ask for the exact name, address and telephone number of the company where she works.
Then I ask for the name of her director. And still the copy of her passport. Let's see how she answers...

Sonar
12-13-2005, 01:14 AM
It's funny that with Russian women, the subject will always turn to money. The three main words in the typical Russian woman vocabulary are money,problem and difficult.
For me, it's easy to become detached from women who continually try to involve me in their problems. Sure everyone has their share of problems in life. But Russian women definately have more than any other women that I know of.
When I was involved with my former Russian fiancee' for almost 4 years, I heard the words "very difficult" more than any other words. It seemed that before we could do anything, there were always problems that had to be addressed first.
There are many women in Russia that have absolutely no intentions of having a serious relationship. Therefore, they bring their problems upon themselves. Russian men are very wise to this and do not offer their sympathy as easily as a western man.
$200 is not alot of money. If there were a way to know for sure that this women were really sincere and not just another liar, then I think that most men would be willing to help. But the odds are that she is just another money grubber.

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

Detective
12-13-2005, 01:49 AM
Hey......
This lady/guy is definitely a friggen scammer.... Russians do not ask for money and they prefer to die instead of asking you for money... Do not ever trust him/her.... Do not even bother....if she is an honest she wouldn't talk to you like that. I got exactly the same kinda letta and she/he turned out to be a scammer... FORGET ABOUT HER IS MY ADVICE

ham
12-13-2005, 05:36 AM
so...
the first coming, never met WWW idiot asks you to pay for her rent?!
I'm speechless.
To make a comparison, if one met a woman in his country living in a distant city, and she asked for $ for rent, internet fees or pulled some pulp fiction story about car accidents or airport lockups, [u]what would one do?</u>
Probably think she is a thief or a disturbed individual and forget about it.
Yes, i noticed even many aloof visa queens or novelty seekers eventually turn to the oh but you must contribute financiallything, even visa queens claiming to have $200000 scholarships AND say a Sorbonne chair professorship...how lame.
They can hang themselves high for all i care...every moron i meet wants my money, starting with taxes.

lonelyboy
12-13-2005, 08:41 AM
In matter of fact I have already earlier told here in one topic area how I knew a young woman in St.Petersburg. When I lived in Peter for 7 months I met her several times a week. Then one day she told me that she found a nice apartment near the sea and wanted to rent it for the summer. She asked me to lend her 100 $ per month for 3 months. I did. I also visited her apartment many times. But she NEVER after that talked anything about the money and NEVER paid it back ! So if you lend money to a Russian woman there is a VERY big risk that you will never get your money back even though you know the woman well! Neither did she pay it back by sex.....

Dutchy013
12-13-2005, 09:27 AM
Scammer maybe.
But the golden rule is: "Never send any mone?!!!"

lonelyboy
12-13-2005, 01:58 PM
And the other good rule.
NEVER LEND ANY MONEY TO A RUSSIAN WOMAN even though you know her well !
You will never get it back.....

ham
12-13-2005, 05:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by lonelyboy

And the other good rule.
NEVER LEND ANY MONEY TO A RUSSIAN WOMAN even though you know her well !
You will never get it back.....

NEVER LEND $ TO ANY WOMAN, irrespective of her ancestry, passport etc.

Even the $&lt;-&gt;sex thing must be carefully run, balancing the buck for the bang, because if you "advance" her the buck for the next 6 months of bang, she may have plenty of headaches and/or be gone the very next day.

90%+ women have this thing about themselves, no matter how ugly, old or whatever (so guess about the young, pretty ones ): they feel entitled to very much anything...i read & witnessed countless stories where men splurged $ (college debts, business start-ups, financial drawbacks, etc ). Not only it never got back, but men were called greedy, abusive bast@rds for asking.
The old rule says: never lend $ you cannot afford to loose on a "friends" basis (Eg outside bank/notarized etc channels).

Even the bang&lt;-&gt;buck thing must be properly run, because if you advance too much buck for upcoming bang, then she's either going to have headache and/or be gone the very next day.

lonelyboy
12-14-2005, 05:49 AM
In our country there is a minimal risk in lending money to a woman whom I know. In 95 % of cases they always pay back.
In RUSSIA it seems to be different .......
The women trust on the fact that men are so considerate that they never ask for the money back....

lonelyboy
12-14-2005, 09:47 PM
Hi !!

Now I got the answer from the "woman".

Hello my sweet xxxxxx,

Thank you very much for your fast letters, and thanks for your intention to
help me . Thank you for your care of me and that you understood my
situation. I can provide you with all the information about me, but why
you need the phone of my work and the name of my director? Also why
you need the copy of my passport?
I contacted my bank and asked about the international transactions.
Can you send me the money via Western Union? It is rather easy and fast.
The address and my name :Ukraine, 49000, Dnepropetrovsk city, xxxxxx
street 117-2, on the name of xxxxx xxxxxxx.
And I promise you that I will send you the money back as soon as I will be paid
at my work at the end of December. I will also send it via Western
Union ,so I need your address and full name, my xxxxxx.
Ok, my sweetie, write to me soon
Talk to you later,
My thoughts are of you,
Kiss you passionately,
xxxxxxx.

Well this seems again very convincing...but I am sure that if this woman would be a serious one she would give all the info which I asked her directly. Now she is only willing to give her all details for the WU money sending...
I told her again that I need ALL the info which I asked from her. I do not send money before I get it. So let's wait for her next step in this game...

Sonar
12-14-2005, 11:18 PM

Well this seems again very convincing...

Lonelyboy, To me this seems very convincing that she is a scammer!!!! Since you know FSU women well and travel there often, why would you not offer to deliver the money in person? It would be interesting to know her response.

A man's mind, streched by a new idea, will never re-gain it's original dimension.

lonelyboy
12-15-2005, 06:09 AM
Well Sonar,

You are completely right !!!!
The letter is convincing in the way of being almost certainly SCAM !!!!
They can do their job.
I am not going to send any money without 100 % security that I will get it back.
And I hope that others remember it too.
NEVER SEND ANY MONEY !!!!
She contacted me again even 2 times. She seems to be interested ONLY in the fact how I will send the money...And not at all to my request to give me security information (addresses, phone numbers, names, passport copy ) which I asked from her.
I will inform soon what happened with her...
This is a game now ....

elenag
12-15-2005, 05:51 PM
lonelyboy,

I am surprised. You seemed to be falling for those letters!!! :D

I thought you were a bit more fluent in Scammish. :D

lonelyboy
12-16-2005, 05:24 AM
Elena,

Why not to have some fun with them...
First she was in a very big trouble and needed the money soonest.
Now it takes several days to scan her passport and write the name and address of her company......

lonelyboy
12-19-2005, 07:39 AM
Today I received the following letter from her.

Hi, my sweet *******,
I have problems with the scanning, as I scanned my passport but my
computer doesn't open this file, I will scan it again tomorrow, but
frankly speaking I don't understand the system how this money is going
to be send and why you need so much information to be checked. Do I
have to pay the tax form this money transfer? Will the money be sent
by you or the Insurance company?
I will send you my passport tomorrow in the morning.
Kisses, *******.

---------

She seems to be in big troubles to give simple information.
I am sure that she already knows that I am not going to send any money. Her letter does not sound convicing either anymore...
But she has also decided to play this game....
Possibly she is also reading about all from here ...

lonelyboy
12-21-2005, 08:59 AM
Well, this story is over now.....
OFCOURSE I DID NOT SEND ANY MONEY TO THIS SCAMMER !!

I received from "her" a copy of passport which was completely fake.
The passport number could not be seen and when I asked for it she said that she does not give her passport number to an unknown foreigner.
Also the photo was changed.

She did not give any info about herself by which I could check her background. Finally when I insisted upon more info she got very angry and accused me of not trusting her !!!
In one way she was very convincing because her English is good. She said she was a teacher of English language. So there are also many educated people trying scams. Be carefull !!

Now this is the end to a very typical scam attempt.

I get several similar attempts every week. I am utterly tired of making a report about them. I think that there are enough of them already.....

Sonar
12-21-2005, 09:25 AM

I received from "her" a copy of passport which was completely fake.
The passport number could not be seen and when I asked for it she said that she does not give her passport number to an unknown foreigner.
Also the photo was changed.

She did not give any info about herself by which I could check her background. Finally when I insisted upon more info she got very angry and accused me of not trusting her !!!

That is funny and it prooves my point about the totally 'DUMB' mentality of alot of these scammers.
"She does not give her passport number to an unknown foreigner" but she expects an "unknown foreigner" to trust her and send her money.

Detective
12-21-2005, 08:24 PM
I was chatting few weeks ago with one of the friggen scammers (russian). She loved me from the third email guys !!! I always thought I look like Elvis presley and she confirmed that :D
Then I told her we could not meet until at least 3-4 years so that I can save some money to go and visit her.... hahaha.... and of course, being a woman, any woman, dumbed me coz I don't have enough money...

So, lonelyboy, she wants you to send her money but she doesn't trust a stranger to send her passport copy too![:p][:p].... Sometimes I just wonder what is the IQ of those guys (Scammers)... I bet ya it is below zero coz if they are successful in something else they won't loose there time sending love emails to everybody on earth! I acually noticed one event that I'd like to get your opinion about. I opened 3 accounts with one of the agencies, one in canada, one in USA and one in Brazil... I am always getting emails to the canadian and USA emails??? Is it a simple coincident??? I doubt! And I still think that we should not waste our time talking to a WWW woman.
Catch you lata

ham
12-21-2005, 09:31 PM
quote:I opened 3 accounts with one of the agencies, one in canada, one in USA and one in Brazil... I am always getting emails to the canadian and USA emails??? Is it a simple coincident??? I doubt! And I still think that we should not waste our time talking to a WWW woman.

of course...one's country will always come first.

elenag
12-21-2005, 10:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by Detective
And I still think that we should not waste our time talking to a WWW woman.

I think by now you have confirmed that fact beyond a reasonable doubt. So, when do you plan to move on to the local girls? Think of all the good opportunities you are missing (to meet someone) while you are wasting your time sitting in front of your computer opening all those fake www accounts.... seems pretty wastefull.

Detective
12-21-2005, 10:39 PM
elenag,
I am not wasting my time at all. I don't think the computer is used only for chatting, right?
Catch you later my russian friend:D