PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question and I think I know the answer But

Giles
01-04-2006, 04:51 PM
Someone is willing to send me money, if I open a Barclays Bank account. BUT they want the details, so they could tranfer money from it am i correct ?

She is american, but travels around the world, wants me to join her in Nigeria. she was in the uk a few days ago. in Nigeria for a few weeks.

She said Quote? i dont trust nigeria western union , and i dont think i wanna have anything to do with em , but i can receive thru them , well if you dont have . i found bercklays bank reliable , that s why i want you to open an account there. it wont cost you anything okay , and email me the neccesaary information . if you re through with the opening of the acct. you can email me the whole necessary info i need?

Also from Elitemate.

Now I'm not Buffy's Watcher I need a new Hobby.
Well I could get the Kawasaki ZX-9R out. Warp speed Mr Sulu.

ham
01-04-2006, 06:42 PM
i hope you're joking with this question.
Sure, and "her" father used to be some oil kingpin, tribal dictator or whatever...and his trasure got lost during a rebellion, or Interpol froze it for war crimes...
what load of hogwash!

Giles
01-04-2006, 07:14 PM
LOL.
Typical response from HAM.

LOL :D

ham
01-04-2006, 09:43 PM
for all i have to loose, go ahead and make your day.

Giles
01-05-2006, 12:09 AM
er, what do you mate ?

Dag
01-05-2006, 12:51 AM
did you meet her when she was there? open an account with 10 lbs then see what she does.

Giles
01-05-2006, 01:33 AM
May open an account with ?1 pound and see what happens

Also may give my other scammer her details, and so could transfer the money. LOL

elenag
01-05-2006, 03:05 AM
Giles,

Don't open anything and don't give her any info about yourself.

My suggestion to you is to try to stay away from strangers offering you financial translactions altogether.

wxman2003
01-05-2006, 04:21 AM
Classic scam. She sends you a certified check, you deposit into account, she knows account, withdraws money, bank comes back a few days later and says certified check was bogus, bank realizes money is gone, you are held liable and must pay back amount taken as it is your account and you brought in fradulent check. She enjoys money while you go to court for fraud. have a nice day :-)

ham
01-05-2006, 07:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by wxman2003

Classic scam. She sends you a certified check, you deposit into account, she knows account, withdraws money, bank comes back a few days later and says certified check was bogus, bank realizes money is gone, you are held liable and must pay back amount taken as it is your account and you brought in fradulent check. She enjoys money while you go to court for fraud. have a nice day :-)

some people love posing as "hurt" if they receive advice exposing a plot as scam...what's funny is they will hurt even more when the scam unfolds successfully and they have to reckon with police, judges and perhaps criminal charges (because honestly you know nothing about "him/her/them/it" and it could be a straw man from some group dealing with illegal activities. Who knows, police could be watching that already ). At which point good luck with both the financial loss AND the likely indictment.

As well, only one person in a million ignores these scams, already played thousands of times. I got a letter claiming i had "won" 1 million pounds, but had to supply bank coordinates. In connection with such "Nigeria" styled frauds millions are wasted every year and many are reported as missing (yes, the hurting smarta$$ who -puzzled- bothered to hunt them down ).

But as i say, go ahead & get rich quick in my face.

Giles
01-05-2006, 01:44 PM
I'm not going to do anything now. Seems too strange.

She Didn't want to meet in the UK but wants me to travel to her now.

No way.

ham
01-05-2006, 05:45 PM
while i have never heard of casualties associated with a MOB scam ( you wire $; you loose money, that's all ), there are many lost/missing cases associated with Nigeria style frauds. The FBI, Interpol & other agencies have special numbers devoted to this kind of scams. They are NOT to be taken lightly in their opinion.

babe_in_rusland
01-06-2006, 08:16 PM
wxman2003 has nailed this one on the head. The other way these scams unfold is that sometimes the Nigerian scammer will have an inside contact in a real bank. He will get that contact to "flash" your bank account, which means your account will show that some huge amount of money has been transferred into it by wire transfer bank-to-bank. Then the scammer will ask you to send some amount of money back to him via Western Union. A few days later, the money that they "flashed" into your account disappears, and you will get stuck holding the bill for the large amount of money that you sent to Nigeria, only you will owe it to your bank.

In most of these case, both involving stolen and counterfeit checks as well as bogus bank transfer "flashes," the bank will admit no liability and will go after the account holder, since he or she is their only real point of contact to recover the lost amount.

babe_in_rusland
01-06-2006, 08:16 PM
wxman2003 has nailed this one on the head. The other way these scams unfold is that sometimes the Nigerian scammer will have an inside contact in a real bank. He will get that contact to "flash" your bank account, which means your account will show that some huge amount of money has been transferred into it by wire transfer bank-to-bank. Then the scammer will ask you to send some amount of money back to him via Western Union. A few days later, the money that they "flashed" into your account disappears, and you will get stuck holding the bill for the large amount of money that you sent to Nigeria, only you will owe it to your bank.

In most of these case, both involving stolen and counterfeit checks as well as bogus bank transfer "flashes," the bank will admit no liability and will go after the account holder, since he or she is their only real point of contact to recover the lost amount.

Giles
01-06-2006, 11:39 PM
Told her I will not send money or give bank details. !!!
I said we can meet back in the UK, and she agreed in a few weeks. ???
She was still taking about barclays bank, didn't ask me for details this time. But she's not getting any details from me. EVER

A scammer really trying hard to get money from me I think.

No way !!

Funny though she hasn't been on on msn since on emailed her a message like this. !! (But worded better)
Scammer !!!

Giles
01-06-2006, 11:39 PM
Told her I will not send money or give bank details. !!!
I said we can meet back in the UK, and she agreed in a few weeks. ???
She was still taking about barclays bank, didn't ask me for details this time. But she's not getting any details from me. EVER

A scammer really trying hard to get money from me I think.

No way !!

Funny though she hasn't been on on msn since on emailed her a message like this. !! (But worded better)
Scammer !!!

Giles
01-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Now wants me to setup joint account with her.
No way

But used neotrace and the traces from different messages are from USA and Lagos.

Giles
01-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Now wants me to setup joint account with her.
No way

But used neotrace and the traces from different messages are from USA and Lagos.