PDA

View Full Version : mari el and the BAT emailer = Scam

Giles
01-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Hi,

I've been on another Anti scammer site and have been told that any emails with mari el in the message header are a Russian Scammers.
Had 3 emails with mari el and the BAT emalier.

ADMIN. This might be to much info because I know Scammer's look at these sites. Delete this if you want, but just email me. :-)

Regards

Now I'm not Buffy's Watcher I need a new Hobby.
Well I could get the Kawasaki ZX-9R out. Warp speed Mr Sulu.

lonelyboy
01-17-2006, 09:48 AM
There are a lot of scammers in Mari El. Anyway I have met a woman from there 3 times. All seems to be ok BUT these scammers are very cunning and there is a good reason to be very careful !!
Sometimes they can wait for a long time before they strike !
There are numerous scams which take place later during or after the meetings.
In a matter of fact many men lost a lot of money in this way.
Some men have lost even 10 000 - 100 000 $.
Before the meeting the correspondence has been good, even the first meeting BUT then....

TAKE CARE !!!

lonelyboy
01-17-2006, 09:48 AM
There are a lot of scammers in Mari El. Anyway I have met a woman from there 3 times. All seems to be ok BUT these scammers are very cunning and there is a good reason to be very careful !!
Sometimes they can wait for a long time before they strike !
There are numerous scams which take place later during or after the meetings.
In a matter of fact many men lost a lot of money in this way.
Some men have lost even 10 000 - 100 000 $.
Before the meeting the correspondence has been good, even the first meeting BUT then....

TAKE CARE !!!

Giles
01-17-2006, 02:40 PM
Well I read on another site that if a certain area of russia is mentioned as where they live, then they are part of a russian gang sending out emails.
The two women? that have emailed me have listed that as where they live.
So I think they are scammers.

There not listed on this site.

Giles
01-17-2006, 02:40 PM
Well I read on another site that if a certain area of russia is mentioned as where they live, then they are part of a russian gang sending out emails.
The two women? that have emailed me have listed that as where they live.
So I think they are scammers.

There not listed on this site.

lonelyboy
01-31-2006, 08:13 AM
Hi !

I have been corresponding with a woman from Yoshkar-Ola and she uses X-Mailer: The Bat!(v.1.47 Halloween Edition) Personal !!!!!

I have met this woman for 3 times and I have no reason to believe that she is a scammer. Our meetings have been very good and feeling sincere. Anyway I have small doubts. How to be carefull enough ?
BUT is it possible that this woman is the one who is doing it in a slow way ? I am thinking now how could I test her. Or am I too suspicious ?? Maybe she has a very cunning plan ?
(probably all women, also local can have ....)
Please more opinions and information about the Bat !

lonelyboy
01-31-2006, 08:13 AM
Hi !

I have been corresponding with a woman from Yoshkar-Ola and she uses X-Mailer: The Bat!(v.1.47 Halloween Edition) Personal !!!!!

I have met this woman for 3 times and I have no reason to believe that she is a scammer. Our meetings have been very good and feeling sincere. Anyway I have small doubts. How to be carefull enough ?
BUT is it possible that this woman is the one who is doing it in a slow way ? I am thinking now how could I test her. Or am I too suspicious ?? Maybe she has a very cunning plan ?
(probably all women, also local can have ....)
Please more opinions and information about the Bat !

Giles
02-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Just a thought,
The BAT email is a programme that you have to install, if they say they are using an Internet Cafe, I'd very much dought that the Admin's would allow software to be downloaded and installed.

If I was using a Yahoo or MSN mail account I would go to those sites and not use the BAT. !

Giles
02-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Just a thought,
The BAT email is a programme that you have to install, if they say they are using an Internet Cafe, I'd very much dought that the Admin's would allow software to be downloaded and installed.

If I was using a Yahoo or MSN mail account I would go to those sites and not use the BAT. !

Giles
02-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Anyone else got a view on using the BAT emailer ?

Giles
02-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Anyone else got a view on using the BAT emailer ?

Detective
02-09-2006, 07:50 PM
nope

Detective
02-09-2006, 07:50 PM
nope

toymaker
02-28-2006, 05:46 PM
The BAT is normally used for mass emailing and keeping track of whom it goes to and the identity of the letters they send to each individual person. Quite ingenious but a give away in most circumstances, not all. Businesses use them too to attract people to their sales etc. An internet cafe does not use these programs. I have been writing to a "lady" in Yoshkar- Ola for over a year now and never asked for a penny. The poor wages would lead you to think they are all on the take but some have pride and suffer in silence. She has actually tried and succeeded in tracing several addresses of suspected scammers for friends of mine. These scammers do give all women a bad reputation, but still there are good ones to be had. Most of the women that make first contact are 99% scammers. I did the first contact and have not been disappionted at all.

toymaker
02-28-2006, 05:46 PM
The BAT is normally used for mass emailing and keeping track of whom it goes to and the identity of the letters they send to each individual person. Quite ingenious but a give away in most circumstances, not all. Businesses use them too to attract people to their sales etc. An internet cafe does not use these programs. I have been writing to a "lady" in Yoshkar- Ola for over a year now and never asked for a penny. The poor wages would lead you to think they are all on the take but some have pride and suffer in silence. She has actually tried and succeeded in tracing several addresses of suspected scammers for friends of mine. These scammers do give all women a bad reputation, but still there are good ones to be had. Most of the women that make first contact are 99% scammers. I did the first contact and have not been disappionted at all.

Giles
03-02-2006, 10:21 PM
Well 1 girl that contacted me was using the Bat, last week I thought she may be a scammer and today I've found her listed on a scam site.

I myself don't now reply to anyone using BAT.
I may start using BAT myself and see whats happens when I reply to them :).

Watch out for BAT or Mari el in the message header. Maybe a scammer. Only My Opinion.

Giles
03-02-2006, 10:21 PM
Well 1 girl that contacted me was using the Bat, last week I thought she may be a scammer and today I've found her listed on a scam site.

I myself don't now reply to anyone using BAT.
I may start using BAT myself and see whats happens when I reply to them :).

Watch out for BAT or Mari el in the message header. Maybe a scammer. Only My Opinion.