PDA

View Full Version : GETTING SCAMMED

MICK
01-05-2007, 06:53 PM
HOW STUPID COULD I BE! AFTER 9 MONTHS OF COMMUNICATING WITH INNA YUSHKINA AND TWO TRIPS TO GOMEL,BELARUS AND AN ENGAGEMENT PARTY SHE DECIDED TO NOT COME TO AMERICA TO MARRY ME! I WAS BEGINNING TO WONDER AFTER SHE KEPT ON PUTTING OFF THE DOCUMENTS TO BE PROCESSED FOR HER
K-1 VISA. I KEPT SENDING HER MONEY LIKE A FOOL AND ENDED UP GETTING BURNT FOR THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS! I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER! I GUESS LOVE IS BLIND! I MET HER ON RBRIDES.COM. SHE REALLY PLAYED ME ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK!
MICK

careerandjobcoach
01-05-2007, 06:58 PM
I am sorry to hear that especially after you went over there too. Well, that is what these forums are all about and to try to prevent exactly that from happening. I am in the first couple of months communicating with a Russian sweetiepie who has all the classic earmarks of a scammer by all information I can so far develop.I have not found her info on any blacklists so far but once I confirm she really is a scammer I will post all her information and pictures for the world to see. I am giving her a break on the off chance she may be for real but I am not counting on that at all.

MICK
01-05-2007, 07:32 PM
HOW DO I POST HER PICTURE ON STOPSCAMMERS?
quote:Originally posted by MICK

HOW STUPID COULD I BE! AFTER 9 MONTHS OF COMMUNICATING WITH INNA YUSHKINA AND TWO TRIPS TO GOMEL,BELARUS AND AN ENGAGEMENT PARTY SHE DECIDED TO NOT COME TO AMERICA TO MARRY ME! I WAS BEGINNING TO WONDER AFTER SHE KEPT ON PUTTING OFF THE DOCUMENTS TO BE PROCESSED FOR HER
K-1 VISA. I KEPT SENDING HER MONEY LIKE A FOOL AND ENDED UP GETTING BURNT FOR THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS! I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER! I GUESS LOVE IS BLIND! I MET HER ON RBRIDES.COM. SHE REALLY PLAYED ME ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK!
MICK

Giles
01-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Hi,

Sorry what happened to you, go to this link to make a report.

http://www.stop-scammers.com/place_report.asp

maxthehitman
01-06-2007, 09:12 PM
wow sorry dude.It was going to happen to me too until this site saved me and read the scam scenarioes.

cooldadman
05-14-2007, 12:40 AM

MICK

cooldadman
05-14-2007, 12:46 AM
Mick, sorry to disagree with you but you weren't scammed. It simply doesn't fit the profile of a scammer. First, a scammer rarely develops a relatioship with you over several visits. A scammer wants to get your money without ever having to meet you.

Second, given that you had an engagement party, I KNOW you weren't scammed. In her culture such an act would reflect badly on her local reputation, reflect negatively on her family, and mark her as a "soiled" or unclean woman.

My friend, what really happened was a break up. For whatever reason, and there could be many reasons, she decided not to marry you. That is her right, just as you also have the right to choose. It hurts of course and I'm sorry it happened to you.

She just wasn't a scammer.

MICK

cmiia
05-14-2007, 04:17 AM
Firstly, have the decency to turn your capslock off. Surely you can handle it.

You are perhaps prone to being impulsive or maybe just trolling. Either way there is little advice to give that isn't obvious to all.

MICK
05-14-2007, 08:26 AM
First of all,this(as I found out later)was not the first time she had done this to someone!She had also done this to another man from another country! Her relatives that live here in the U.S. are also upset at her for the games that she has played on many other men!So for you to say that this is not a scammer,do you know what you are talking about!Second,I am not a controlling person!You are passing judgement with not all of the facts! Stick to what you know and not what you think you know!

ham
05-14-2007, 11:12 AM
quote:My friend, what really happened was a break up. For whatever reason, and there could be many reasons, she decided not to marry you.

according to this definition, fraud as a crime shouldn't even exist...akin to conpeople who fool other people into paying for homes, which don't exist, these women fool men into paying for bridal or marriage expenses, but they have no intention to get married to start with.

seajay
05-14-2007, 11:23 AM
She was enriched at the expense of two men, faking a relationship so that they will send money!

Not nice.

cmiia
05-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Well to be fooled I guess you need to be a fool.

If you have any doubt, just walk away.

cmiia
05-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Well to be fooled I guess you need to be a fool.

If you have any doubt, just walk away.

Ihearmytrain
05-14-2007, 11:58 PM
Mick, Your story bites hard and I'm sorry to hear it. If she did this twice, she didn't get cold feet, she set you up. It's just really strange that she took it all that far. Most scammers balk at the idea of you going to meet them. Usually the name and address they've given is BS so there's no way they CAN meet you. I hope you take Giles' advice and post her info.

Train

Ihearmytrain
05-14-2007, 11:58 PM
Mick, Your story bites hard and I'm sorry to hear it. If she did this twice, she didn't get cold feet, she set you up. It's just really strange that she took it all that far. Most scammers balk at the idea of you going to meet them. Usually the name and address they've given is BS so there's no way they CAN meet you. I hope you take Giles' advice and post her info.

Train

cooldadman
05-15-2007, 12:32 AM

MICK

cooldadman
05-15-2007, 12:32 AM

MICK

cooldadman
05-15-2007, 03:03 AM
Mick and friends, again I'm sorry this happened to you. However, why would you say that I called you a controlling person? It wasn't in my post. I have no idea why the breakup, but can't imagine why you would assume that I thought you were a controlling person. You are likely a very nice guy. I just fail to see the situation as one of a scammer.

In her culture a wedding/engagement party to two separate guys, both who were later dumped, would stand out like a sore thumb. It would mark her there much like a loose whore is marked here.

Ihearmytrain is right: The last thing a real scammer wants is personal contact with you. A scammer wants money and doesn't want to risk problems with personal meetings. Regarding an engagement/wedding party scam: A scammer has no reason to run up expenses for party/dinner/music/food/alcohol, etc. The nature and number of guests necessitates way too much overhead for a scam to be profitable.

bach1685: Hmm, I use caps on one word. Mick used all caps. Yet you counseled me to turn off the capslock. Interesting. Nonetheless, to answer your question, yes I AM trolling. Thanks for asking.

I'm American, live both here and in Russia, am married to a RW, understand the language, and am a journalist who has specialized in Russian and FSU affairs. I'm working on a series of articles to be published in Russia about international relationships, especially those between American men and Russian women. Obviously the sphere of relationships could not be understood adequately without a look at scammers and the men who are (or feel they are) scammed.

I feel for those truly scammed, but also feel for innocent women who are posted because of cultural or linguistic misunderstandings. And there are a lot of those. In fact, I'm beginning to think that a great percentage of the so-called scams, are the unfortunate result of misunderstandings which center primarily around cultural norms and language difficulties.

If you will listen to reason for a moment, let me pose this question for you: Should it bother me as I sit in our Moscow living room night after night and watch susposed news documentaries, made by the government, telling stories of how RW are beaten, enslaved, sold into prostitution, etc, by American men?

Should it trouble men like us that there is a growing perception among Russians and Ukrainians in general that their women are mistreated by AM? Its common to read such on Russian language blogs and hear it on Russian and Ukrainian radio.

In his last state of the state address, outgoing President Vlad. Putin again made a point in his speech of the "brain and talent" drain of Russian women leaving for the West and how it must be stopped. Recently several Duma deputies (Russian congressmen) have said that they will introduce legislation aimed at slowing the rate of international marriages of RW.

There is a grave population crisis facing Russia. In a land that spans 11 time zones and covers almost half of Europe and half of Asia, Russia is losing population at an alarming rate. Factors include a current and serious HIV/AIDS epidemic, immigration OUT of Russia, low birth rates, and high death rates among young males. The 147 million people (less than half the US population) is not even close to replacing itself.

Amidst the background of possible regulation of future international marriages, I for one would like to see our countries as mutual allies and concentrating on our potential to build common alliances wtih one another instead of the current bickering. I believe that AM are good for RW and vice versa. In this one man's estimation, each international marriage represents the potential for positive "grass roots" diplomacy between our countries.

But first we must learn more about Russian/Ukrainian and near-Eastern Asian culture, especially how old European courtship and Russian/Ukrainian marriages are viewed in their part of the world. And therein lies a deep problem. Then more I investigate, the more it is sadly apparent that most AM don't know how "dating" is done in the FSU. (It is far different from how we approach it at home.) This often leads to charges of "scams" with the resulting breakups.

These cultural misunderstandings, added to linguistic miscommunications, compound the problem and often leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth. It is especially sad since such is often avoidable.

I will share a quick overview of the most common types of real scams. In David Letterman or Casey Casem style we'll start from the bottom and go up:

3) (Happens least often but very profitable) The travel scam. A hot looking babe writes and invites you to visit her country, or perhaps meet in a neutral country. A "newbie" man, unfamiliar with visa and travel restrictions is easiest to snag in this one. He buys tickets thru her friend's "travel agency" or perhaps sends her $$$ for her travel. She has no plan to travel anywhere. If he buys his own ticket, upon arrival there is no girl to meet him. This scam usually does not involve a real girl but rather an organized group of men (Russian mafia typically) who simply use an innocent girl's photos.

2) The "my aunt/grandmother/little daughter is sick and needs an emergency operation" scam. I have no money "darling" and no one can help me. I didn't want to ask you, but you are the love of my life now and the only one who can (send a western union) help me. Obviously anywhere from $300+ can be milked from a man. "She" is usually a group of men (see scam #3) and there is no way in hades you will ever get to meet "her" in person. That girl who you spoke to on the phone a few times is Ivan's girlfriend.

1) Most common, and becoming the only scam now done by single girls since the big scam money is controlled by various mafia groups. (Any single girl who tries to horn in on the big money won't live very long.) Aided and abetted by dishonest agencies, these are dishonest women who concede to a "date" arranged by an agency. I'm thinking of calling these the "soft" scams because they can't do you a lot of harm, well unless one is incredibly stupid.

You meet her at a cafe or at an agency. You spend the afternoon and then dinner. Walking by the jewelry store she gazes longingly at that braclet. Our "hero" steps in and impresses her by buying it. He is not aware that she and the store owner have a deal. She will return it later and they will split the take. They'll pull the same trick next week when the next "date" arrives.

Oh, look at that dress! What do you think? Do I look sexy in this dress? Oh no darling, I'm too modest. I only wanted you to see me in it, you didn't have to buy it. But since you did, thanks it will look great! (for my date with the Australian man who arrives next week.)

That evening the candlelight dinner is delicious and the wine and champagne flowly freely. The bill flows freely too. You don't really understand what a meal typically costs here so to say you overpaid is an understatement. But hey, she and her friends will be here this weekend and the owner will comp them with endless free drinks--this is one owner who really appreciates her meeting you, and the next date, and the next date, and the next date....in his establishment.

That last one, scam #1, is by far the most common of the single girl scams. The big money is in numbers 2 and 3...but word does get around and any RW/UW with half a brain (and who values her pretty face) won't pull a big scam in the mafia's neighborhood.

Final notes:
Because of the heavy Russian language media barrage regarding the "danger" to RW/UW by international marriages, I am starting to see what may become a trend: A small but growing number of women who decide against the marriage at the last minute, or who marry there and then get cold feed about immigration. I'd be interested in knowing more from anyone who has recently had such an experience, especially if the lady mentioned any fears of what might happen to her once she arrived in America.

It is my sincere hope that the series I'm researching will encourage Russian people to step back from the government media pounding and take look at the real love stories and positive benefits of genuine international marriages.

MICK

cooldadman
05-15-2007, 03:03 AM
Mick and friends, again I'm sorry this happened to you. However, why would you say that I called you a controlling person? It wasn't in my post. I have no idea why the breakup, but can't imagine why you would assume that I thought you were a controlling person. You are likely a very nice guy. I just fail to see the situation as one of a scammer.

In her culture a wedding/engagement party to two separate guys, both who were later dumped, would stand out like a sore thumb. It would mark her there much like a loose whore is marked here.

Ihearmytrain is right: The last thing a real scammer wants is personal contact with you. A scammer wants money and doesn't want to risk problems with personal meetings. Regarding an engagement/wedding party scam: A scammer has no reason to run up expenses for party/dinner/music/food/alcohol, etc. The nature and number of guests necessitates way too much overhead for a scam to be profitable.

bach1685: Hmm, I use caps on one word. Mick used all caps. Yet you counseled me to turn off the capslock. Interesting. Nonetheless, to answer your question, yes I AM trolling. Thanks for asking.

I'm American, live both here and in Russia, am married to a RW, understand the language, and am a journalist who has specialized in Russian and FSU affairs. I'm working on a series of articles to be published in Russia about international relationships, especially those between American men and Russian women. Obviously the sphere of relationships could not be understood adequately without a look at scammers and the men who are (or feel they are) scammed.

I feel for those truly scammed, but also feel for innocent women who are posted because of cultural or linguistic misunderstandings. And there are a lot of those. In fact, I'm beginning to think that a great percentage of the so-called scams, are the unfortunate result of misunderstandings which center primarily around cultural norms and language difficulties.

If you will listen to reason for a moment, let me pose this question for you: Should it bother me as I sit in our Moscow living room night after night and watch susposed news documentaries, made by the government, telling stories of how RW are beaten, enslaved, sold into prostitution, etc, by American men?

Should it trouble men like us that there is a growing perception among Russians and Ukrainians in general that their women are mistreated by AM? Its common to read such on Russian language blogs and hear it on Russian and Ukrainian radio.

In his last state of the state address, outgoing President Vlad. Putin again made a point in his speech of the "brain and talent" drain of Russian women leaving for the West and how it must be stopped. Recently several Duma deputies (Russian congressmen) have said that they will introduce legislation aimed at slowing the rate of international marriages of RW.

There is a grave population crisis facing Russia. In a land that spans 11 time zones and covers almost half of Europe and half of Asia, Russia is losing population at an alarming rate. Factors include a current and serious HIV/AIDS epidemic, immigration OUT of Russia, low birth rates, and high death rates among young males. The 147 million people (less than half the US population) is not even close to replacing itself.

Amidst the background of possible regulation of future international marriages, I for one would like to see our countries as mutual allies and concentrating on our potential to build common alliances wtih one another instead of the current bickering. I believe that AM are good for RW and vice versa. In this one man's estimation, each international marriage represents the potential for positive "grass roots" diplomacy between our countries.

But first we must learn more about Russian/Ukrainian and near-Eastern Asian culture, especially how old European courtship and Russian/Ukrainian marriages are viewed in their part of the world. And therein lies a deep problem. Then more I investigate, the more it is sadly apparent that most AM don't know how "dating" is done in the FSU. (It is far different from how we approach it at home.) This often leads to charges of "scams" with the resulting breakups.

These cultural misunderstandings, added to linguistic miscommunications, compound the problem and often leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth. It is especially sad since such is often avoidable.

I will share a quick overview of the most common types of real scams. In David Letterman or Casey Casem style we'll start from the bottom and go up:

3) (Happens least often but very profitable) The travel scam. A hot looking babe writes and invites you to visit her country, or perhaps meet in a neutral country. A "newbie" man, unfamiliar with visa and travel restrictions is easiest to snag in this one. He buys tickets thru her friend's "travel agency" or perhaps sends her $$$ for her travel. She has no plan to travel anywhere. If he buys his own ticket, upon arrival there is no girl to meet him. This scam usually does not involve a real girl but rather an organized group of men (Russian mafia typically) who simply use an innocent girl's photos.

2) The "my aunt/grandmother/little daughter is sick and needs an emergency operation" scam. I have no money "darling" and no one can help me. I didn't want to ask you, but you are the love of my life now and the only one who can (send a western union) help me. Obviously anywhere from $300+ can be milked from a man. "She" is usually a group of men (see scam #3) and there is no way in hades you will ever get to meet "her" in person. That girl who you spoke to on the phone a few times is Ivan's girlfriend.

1) Most common, and becoming the only scam now done by single girls since the big scam money is controlled by various mafia groups. (Any single girl who tries to horn in on the big money won't live very long.) Aided and abetted by dishonest agencies, these are dishonest women who concede to a "date" arranged by an agency. I'm thinking of calling these the "soft" scams because they can't do you a lot of harm, well unless one is incredibly stupid.

You meet her at a cafe or at an agency. You spend the afternoon and then dinner. Walking by the jewelry store she gazes longingly at that braclet. Our "hero" steps in and impresses her by buying it. He is not aware that she and the store owner have a deal. She will return it later and they will split the take. They'll pull the same trick next week when the next "date" arrives.

Oh, look at that dress! What do you think? Do I look sexy in this dress? Oh no darling, I'm too modest. I only wanted you to see me in it, you didn't have to buy it. But since you did, thanks it will look great! (for my date with the Australian man who arrives next week.)

That evening the candlelight dinner is delicious and the wine and champagne flowly freely. The bill flows freely too. You don't really understand what a meal typically costs here so to say you overpaid is an understatement. But hey, she and her friends will be here this weekend and the owner will comp them with endless free drinks--this is one owner who really appreciates her meeting you, and the next date, and the next date, and the next date....in his establishment.

That last one, scam #1, is by far the most common of the single girl scams. The big money is in numbers 2 and 3...but word does get around and any RW/UW with half a brain (and who values her pretty face) won't pull a big scam in the mafia's neighborhood.

Final notes:
Because of the heavy Russian language media barrage regarding the "danger" to RW/UW by international marriages, I am starting to see what may become a trend: A small but growing number of women who decide against the marriage at the last minute, or who marry there and then get cold feed about immigration. I'd be interested in knowing more from anyone who has recently had such an experience, especially if the lady mentioned any fears of what might happen to her once she arrived in America.

It is my sincere hope that the series I'm researching will encourage Russian people to step back from the government media pounding and take look at the real love stories and positive benefits of genuine international marriages.

MICK