PDA

View Full Version : RUSSIAN E-MAIL SCAM

onthebeaches007
04-11-2007, 04:41 AM
This was a series of four letter with beautiful pictures attached. I went to western union and send $1.00 and then modified the recpit and told her I sent $1,000 which was $30.00 more than she asked for. Had her (or Bubba) on a wild goose chase after I discovered she was playing with my emotions.

Here's how it went...

FROM HER...

Hello Steven!!!! Have a good day.I do hope you remember me because I wrote you recently and you replied to me.I am sorry that I couldn't reply earlier.
You see I live in Russia and I was busy arranging all travel preparations. I was in Moscow to book my interiew for the trip to the USA,it took almost two weeks to travel to Moscow and back. You know that it is my first time I try correspondence with a man in a virtual space.
I am not a very good user of the Intenet and I do hope that I will be lucky to meet a good man.

I guess I need to explain why I do it.The thing is that I will work abroad for three months or so and I would like to meet a nice man to be my guide or just to be a good friend to spend time with while I am there. I suppose it is hard enough to live in some foreign town without friends and besides I have never been abroad. You know I've been liviving in a small town here in Russia all my life and I am just afraid to be lost. Besides I would like to see a real life (not some TV shows) and it is impossible to see a real life without a person who knows all sides of the life. And you should also know that I don't want to live in Russia because I don't have any chances here, it is hardly possible to explain in a few words but I want you to know all my plans. While being in the USA I will be working in any shop or be babysitter in some family. I will know the details later. Besides I love English language and being in the USA, it will give me a chance to improve my English.

The agency helps me to get the visa, work permission and all travel documents and they will help me to get a job. It is their business and I will pay for their service. One of my friend worked in USA for three months last year,and she was so pleased and she is going to repeat this trip again.
She has men right man in Chicago and they are good friends now and he is going to marry her if everything is all right between them.
I am coming to the USA due to the special programm for young people who want to work abroad and I think it is the right way for me.
I am lost here, and hopefully I will be able to change my life. I am full of plans and different dreams. You should know that I have dark brown
hair and green eyes. I am sure that you will be not disappoined to meet me in the real life if we meet. At least I hope so.
Well,I am finishing this letter and I do hope to get your reply pretty soon.

Maybe after reading my letter you will find me a little crazy but I am not sure I know the right way to meet a good man without real meeting and you know it is my first try though the Internet. I will leave my town in a few days or so to fly to Moscow again to complete all the things. It is said at the agency that I will work all day and I think we might share evenings together to get to know each other better. If you have any interest to meet me I will be more than happy!!!

I just don't want to be alone in the evenings, and I would like to be sure in advance that somebody waits for me! It is just a woman wish!
I will tell you all the details about me and my life. If you're also single, you may be with me for a few months or so .... Who knows???!

With best regards from Russia

Svetlana ( this my name )

PS I have attached photos of me so that you could have a better idea about me.

HER NEXT E-MAIL...

Hello Steven!!!
Thanks you for your reply. I was very glad to see your reply in my e-mail box.
That would be right if I tell you about me and about my life because we have
a chance to meet each other in a real life and thus we need to know each other
better.You please tell me more about yourself, all right?

I am the simple and ordinary girl with my own interests,a hobby and tastes.I think I I shall start to tell to you about things which as I wish to know from you, so you will see my questions. As you know my name is Svetlana and my last name is Melchakova.
I am 31 years and on 5 March I shall be 32.
I am about 167 cm tall and my weight is about 53 kg

The sizes of my body are 95-62-91 cm.
I have dark brown hair and green eyes which you can see from my photos.
I know that many women abroad have an opportunity to improve their bodies and faces and they look so beautiful.Unfortunately it is impossible here in Russia because this country is still far from a civilization. But I still think that natural beauty is much better.

I live with my aunt,the uncle and cousin because I do not have parents (they have died long time ago in bus crush when I was still small). Unfortunately we live in two-room small appartments and it is not convenient and comfortable. Me and my cousin are very good friends, but now he is in army.
To tell the truth there is nothing good in the fact that I was born and live in small town of Russia.
There is no chance for a good life here and it is very hard to find work here.
All young people leave small towns and go to big cities in searches of work but unfortunately
there is too there is no luck for them in big cities because nobody is waiting them there.

Living in Russia is living " all by myself ". It is good but cruel school of a life.
I hope that in he future I shall work as fitness trainer because I have the certificate and I am good in it. I worked in last of two years as fitness trainer and it was the best time in my life.
I do not smoke, also I drink socially. My preference in alcohol is red wine, but only a glass or two.
I tried to smoke when I was younger. Silly me! But I think almost everyone tries to smoke when you are 13 years, right? I try to take care of my body and the face as much as possible. I wasn't born yesterday and I know that almost all men love women " by their eyes ",
I mean that this or that way woman's appearance is very important for the man.

Speaking about my travel. I shall arrive to the USA this month but I don't know when exactly,
I know that I shall have all documents to travel very soon and I shall travel to Moscow again to finish all preparations for travel to the USA.
I shall get visa and I shall buy the ticket and then I shall fly to the USA.
I do not know where exactly I fly because I have not decided yet.
I can choose almost any state to stay that is why I need to know a name of the nearest international airport to you. I just wish to have somebody expecting me at the airport and I do not wish to be alone there. I shall fly to the USA directly from Moscow and I hope you will want to meet me at the airport and to be my guide and it would be great to meet you face to face and to spend some time together.I know that it is not an easy thing as it might seem, but there is nothing impossible,right?

I shall be more than glad if you understand me and my thoughts and you are with me in this question but if not,then please tell me that you are not interested in me and do not wish to meet me, ok?
I think I should close this letter.
It is not good that I have no computer at home and I have to send my letters to you from Internet cafe which is far from my house. I would like to talk to you on the phone, but unfortunately we have no opportunity for international calls (I cannot call to you and you cannot call to me because here we have four-digital telephone numbers).It is possible to make international phone calls only from big cities.

All right, it is enough for today. If I did not tell you something which is very important for you or I missed something, please do not be angry.Just ask me and I will answer for sure.

I think I shall be here in the Internet cafe tomorrow, I have many preparations before travel to Moscow. I hope when I come here, I shall see one more letter from you.
Please write me and do not forget me!!!

Svetlana Melchakova

my home address:
Russia
Perm region
Dobryanka,
Pushkina str. 21

If you want to find my town on a map, it is is located near the big city Perm.

PS Please send me as many as possible photos of so that I could know you at the airport.
And one more thing. I have very important question for you:
- Do you like strong drinks?
- If so, then how much and how often?

AND HER NEXT...

Hello dear Steven, senk you for nice pics!
I feel so lucky because I have met such a man from the first time and I will do all my best to meet you in real life soon. Ok, this letter is going to be long too, so be ready to read it since I want you to know everything about me. I just don't want any misunderstanding between us.
I guess you have a right to know that I am not perfect and I am not an angel, I mean I am just an ordinary girl with all ordinary human problems. Sometimes I can show my character and of course I don't expect you to be an angel too, I just want to meet a kind man. I am an easy-going person and can forgive almost everything, but there is one thing. I hate drunkers and rude men.

I love water and my favourite thing is swimming. I wish I could live near some sea or a ocean. You know, I have a dream. I want to see an ocean. I was always dreaming about it, sometimes I even think that I was a fish in my previous life ( hopefully some dolphin but not a shark).

I have graduated the Siberia State Univercity and I have a high degree or a license in trainers faculty and I can work as a fitness trainer or dance trainer. I like my profession and I wish I could work on this subject
in some fitness club. I think it is very important to have a job which can give you not only a good salary but also good mood and get a pleasure from your job. What do you think? Unfortunately it is very hard to find such kind of job here becquse we have only a couple of such clubs and there is no vacancy.
Ok, some things wich I also like and don't like to do:
I love cooking and like make BBQ. I so much want to have a house of my own and make BBQs for my close people. I also dream to have a house with a fire place. I love cooking something new and something special. My friends were telling me that I need to work at a reastaurant.
I also love warm weather and I hate winters. Here in Russia winters are long and very cold.

I have never been married but I hope someday, I also don't have kids though I already have an experience of a baby sitter. Sometime ago I had to stay at home because I couldn't find a job and I was helping my aunt with my little niece. I hope one day to find that special one and it is impossible here in Russia because men are real drunkers and very rude. You know for me age difference deosn't matter. I think it is better that you are older then me because older men are more experienced and they know what they want to get from life. I hate evil people and I hate politics. Last few years I associate politics with wars and as you can see from my letter I hate violance and wars.

What I like in a man? Faithfulness and honesty. He has to be open-minded and kind-hearted, also easy-going. And I believe that there cannot be any games in relationship between a man and a woman. It is very important for a man to be a kind man. Maybe you think I am naive but I do belive that love and kindness makes our world still alive. Are you a kind man??? I do believe you are, because soon I am flying to the USA and meet you there.

When I am in the USA I will rent some room near my future work and hopefully we shall spend free time together.I have a question. Is it ok for you if we live together. I mean if we like each other or maybe if there will be something more then just be friends. I think I will improve my English with your help and it will give us a chance to get to now each other better, who knows... We'll see.

I have a driving license but I am not sure if I am able to drive there in the USA, maybe you will give me a few good lessons.
My head is full of plans and ideas...
I am sorry for a long letter but I just wanted you to know me better. I am flying from Perm's airport to Moscow in a few hours. My flight will take almost five hours!!! I think I will write you tomorrow.

As soon as I arrive in Moscow I will have to find a hotel or rent a room to live in before my flight to the USA. I have already been in Moscow and I know all these things, so it will not be a great problem for me.

I was told it will take about two more days to complete all my travel arrangements and I do hope to see you in a few days already!!! Even don't think to look at other girls since I am the best one for you!(joke)

Your Svetlana
PS The man at the picture is my cousin

And HER NEXT ONE...

Well, hello my dear Steven!!!
It is me again. I cannot belive I am in Moscow already. It was a wonderful flight for me and everything went well. Moscow us incredibly big city and it takes for abut few hours to get from one end of the city to another and the traffcit is horribly heavy here. You know even though Moscow is a capital of our big country, it is just like some country. Different people, life and the prices are very very high. People are very rude and angry, they always rush in a hurry and always trying to be cautious.

When I got off the plane and was waiting for baggage a policeman came up to me and asked me to show my passport. They are all crazy here because of the terrorism. I understand that they are cautious but still I think it is humiliating. I took a taxi from the airport. You know it is not like usual taxi, it is like a small bus. It takes about ten people and costs much less then a usual car taxi and besides this "bus-taxi" is very comfortable and the driver was very polite which happens seldom in Moscow.He even was telling us about Moscow and monuments while taking us down to the destionation.

Life is very expensive here. I was shopping today buying some food and all every-day food costs a few times expensive then in my place. All the rest general things costs a lot of money too.
I rent a room in the appartment and an old woman asked me to be cautious when I fly ot the USA but I made up my mind and I will fly ot you and meet you because you are a kind and good man and won't do me any harm, I feel it.
I am sorry if my letter sounds starnge to you but everything is mixed up in my head and I am so excited about my trip. My feelings are overwhelming me.

I was also at the agency today and my trip information is not ready yet. So, once again, I need you to give me the exact full name of the airport because there are similar names of the airports in different states. I don't want to arrive in some other airport.

I will write you with all the information as soon as possible. Excited??? Me too!!!
Well, I will cose this letter. Please write me as soon as possible.
See you soon

Svetlana with a great kiss from Moscow!!!

AND ONE MORE...notise how she actauly had some flights books...even though they were fake...

Hello again Steven,
You know that I am in Moscow and I think I have already done almost the half of my trip preparations.
Everything is going so fast and I cannot believe I will be on the plane to come to you in a few days.
Frankly speaking I am very tired. Everything is not so easy as I thought it would be.
It is rather hard business because of many barriers in this item.
You even can't imagine how glad I am to meet you and I feel so great thinking about it.
And now I feel better to know that I will not be alone ethere in the USA.
I have some news about my trip.
This is the schedule of my flight. It is a round trip ticket because for getting visa in the Embassy I
must have a two-way ticket. That is the law.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Information for Svetlana Melchakova:

"Ultra Travel Agency" 129465 Moscow, Lomonosova 43,
office 31. phone +7 922-150-1526,
e-mail ultra-travel@narod.ru
Please use our service.

Best regards. Manager Aleksandr Ivanov

Flight: 3rd of February, 2007.
Moscow, Russia - USA

Aeroflot
SU 321
Sheremetyevo (SVO), Moscow, Russian Federation
Terminal 2 14:20
Los Angeles International (LAX), Los Angeles, California, USA
Terminal 4 16:30
Non-stop
763 18h53min

United Airlines
UA 6458 OP
Los Angeles International (LAX), Los Angeles, California, USA
Terminal 8 20:51
Tucson International (TUS), Tucson, Arizona, USA 23:13
Non-stop
CR7

Return flight: 3rd of May, 2007
USA - Moscow, Russia

Delta Air Lines
DL 1048
Tucson International (TUS), Tucson, Arizona, USA 06:00
William B Hartsfield (ATL), Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Terminal S 12:27
Non-stop
738 17h30min

Delta Air Lines
DL 46
William B Hartsfield (ATL), Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Terminal S 15:40
Sheremetyevo (SVO), Moscow, Russian Federation
Terminal 2 10:30+1 day(s)
Non-stop

Price: USD 1190.00+ Round trip tickets. Eco.class.
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am very glad to know that we are almost near our goal and our meeting is waiting for us in a few days.
I think I will call you from the airport and wait for you there in case you
cannot be there in time to meet me. I shall wait as much as necessary.
It will not be a problem for me to wait for you because this will be the end of my long trip to you
and besides I will have some time to go to the ladies' room and make myself look better after a long flight.
So you will see me in a good shape.

The tickets are booked already and I will buy them right before the interview in the Embassy
to get my visa. People from the Embassy must be sure that I am not going to your country some illegal way
and stay there illegally, that is why my tickets should be two-way. That is the rule.
And honey, the problem is that I have some money but my flight from Perm to
Moscow costed a lot (about 400$) and I had to give 100$ more to complete all travel papers and 30$ to open my visa.
Besides I have to pay for the room renting about 25$ every day ( I even don't have a telephone there),
I told you it is a very expensive city.
The flight from Perm to Moscow costed so much because the distance is too long.
I could take a train but it would take a few days for the trip to Moscow and I had no time for the train trip.

Besides the flight tickets cost much more now because after the New Year the prices for the
gasolne got much higher. I need to buy the tickets before my interview because I told
you that this is the rule before my visa issuance. Maybe you can borrow me some money?
I cannot live here too long because every day I have to spend money for a living.
Even the cup of tea costs almost two dollars.

I think it is not too great amount of money I ask and I am sure I will be able to to the return
you the money back in a few weeks after my arriving. I will earn some money and forst of all I will
return you all the money back.
At the agency they told me that you can send the money by Western Union.
It is pretty easy to use their services. The manager of the agency explained me how this system works.
It is instant worldwide money transfer system.
All you need to know is my first name and my last name and also the address where to send the money.
Once you do this, I will be able to pick up the money in any local Western Union in office in Moscow.
We need to do very fast because we don't have much time till my interview.
If everything will be allright and I but the tickets, I will be on this flight and come to you!
You need to send me transfer info and MTCN ( money transfer control number) I will get the cash.
I kiss you many many times!!!!
I am tired so much today, you know it is very hard to live in such city alone. So many different emotions...
See you soon, my darling!!!

Oh, silly me! I almost forgot to give you my full name and my address here in Moscow ( where I rent a room).
City: Moscow
Address: Ryabinovaya, 53 kor.1 - 109
postal code (zip) : 121477
Full name: Svetlana Melchakova ( this is the right writing in English)

I have yet about 400 $ and I need about 970$ more from your side with all travel needs and living here till my flight.
If everything will be great between us I will be able to stay with you longer then three months ( I can stay maximum for six months because it is my first trip to the USA) All I will have to do is to change my return ticket date flight.
I so much hope that you will help me now, I don't know anybody here and that is why I thank you in advance.
See you soon,

Don't leave me alone here, PLEASE!!!!
I will be mor ethen greatful when we meet....
I am sorry tht my letter is not so warm but I am realy tired as never.
your Svetlana

AND HER LAST ONE...

Hello dear Steven,
I am so happy that you are trying and don't give up on me.
It is night in Moscow but I can't sleep. I guess this is because of the
whole situation.
This is good that there is an Internet cafe here near the place I rent a
room. It is good that there are not many people here at night because it is
impossible to wait when some computer will be free during the day. So many
people need computers! So when I write you diring the day I write you from
other Internet cafe, it is much futher from the place I rent a room, but
usually I manage to get a computer for fifteen minutes
( the time of using computers at the Internet cafes are limited
because too many people there). was thinking a lot about our meeting and
how this will happen. Do you have any ideas? f so, share with me.
I also want you to share with me sincerely with everyting you expect rom
our meeting and what you expect from me. I want us to be honest and
share all fears and ood thoughts, this will make us feel closer for each
other.

Ok, I think I will go and try to sleep.
Let me know as soon as possible!

Your Svetlana