View Full Version : RE; Stalkers

04-15-2007, 08:16 PM
How do you stop someone from stalking you that you have never met except on line. I went to the police and was told to stay off the internet. What I was doing was legal, what they were doing was stalking me. I filed for a PFA and the judge told me they couldn;t find the suspect and I gave them all the information they needed. What should I do. Claudia

04-16-2007, 04:23 AM
IF you gave out sensitive information such as your real home/job address and phone number, then you are in trouble. Your phone number might be easily changed, but your address is another matter.
Of course i read of people who were compelled to relocate and keep their numbers unlisted because of harassement from online activities.
If you handed such sensitive information out about yourself, you're basically reaping what you sowed.
I wouldn't want to buy a throw-away cellphone/hire a maildrop, and mistakenly handed my real phone number out, thus FOR YEARS i had to keep my number (which was unlisted) disconnected because i kept receiving hang-up calls in the middle of the night.
As i advise:
* buy a disposable cellphone
* hire a maildrop-po box not in your neighborhood
* keep information about yourself very generic

04-16-2007, 05:32 AM
Thanks for the information, but I thought the purpose of meeting someone on line is so you can talk to them, give them your real name so to speak, but I guess I was being naive about such things. I can assure you it will not happen again, but it is too late now, so the question is how do I handle the present situation on the stalker.

04-16-2007, 09:53 AM
you alerted the police and filed complaints: that is all you can do.
Make known to the stalker you've done so, then consider changing your number and/or relocation...you never know whom you're dealing with.