PDA

View Full Version : Is she (Russian girl) scammer ??? Please help me.

Aries
04-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Excuse me. I found this good website a little bit late, because I already sent some money to a Russian girl via Western Union for the passport and Visa days ago. She emailed me that she will get the new passport and visa within 8 or 9 days after she applied. (I guess she will tell me that she will receive the new passport and visa within 8 or 9 days on Friday 4 May 2007 or Monday 7 May 2007.)

But, I have not sent the money to let her buy airplane ticket yet (fortunately). I do not know whether she is a scammer (I guess she may be a scammer, but not so sure.).

***One more information:
She mostly answer my questions one by one.

(A)
Because I do not want to waste and send my big money (at least $1220 US dollars) to her again if she is really a scammer, so I want to ask your help to analyze the whole situation.

(B)
But, I also do not want to miss this opportunity to meet her or further marriage if she is not a scammer but a good russian girl.

So I hope to get help and precious insight from all gentlemen here. Thank you in advance.

Question 1:
She emailed me that she will get "the new passport" and "the Australian visa" within about 8 days after she applied. Is it for both "the new passport" and "the Australian visa" so quick ??? I really doubt it. Does anybody know ???

Question 2:
Is it so easy for a Russian girl to obtain the Australian tourist visa with Australian person's invitation letter ??? (I have never sent her any invitation letter.)

Question 3:
She is 28 years old and work for her company for 6 or 7 years already. Her salary is low ($100 US dollars/month). But, she told me that according to the travel agency and the regulation in the Australian Embassy in Russia, as long as her emplyer (her company or organization) can issue the evidence (certificate) of her current job to prove that she has a stable job in Russia, then she definitely can obtain the "Australian tourist visa" and the low income does not matter at all. Is it true ??? Please tell me. Thank you.
--------------------------------------------------
In addition, she told me that her parents have real estate {ie, a apartment (flat)} where they are living now. She currently lives with her parents in her parents' apartment (flat). She said this real estate document will also be provided as evidence. Does this help her to some extent to obtain the Australian tourist visa ???
---------------------------------------------------

However, Today I accessed the "Australian tourist visa website" to have a look. I think that she may be a scammer because there is a "Financial requirements" (shown below). But I am not sure whether the Australian Embassy in Russia will give the tourist visa to the Russian people looser and easier than the formal regulation of "Financial requirement" of "Australian tourist visa" (listed below). I believe that this Russian girl cannot provide evidence of "sufficient funds" to cover all costs for the duration of her stay in Australia. So, It appears that she was lying me that she can get the tourist visa without providing "sufficient funds", right?

--------------------------------------------------------------
"Financial requirements":
You must have access to "sufficient funds" to cover all costs for the duration of your stay in Australia, including health insurance if required. You "MAY BE" asked to provide evidence of your funds.
Examples: personal bank statements, pay slips, audited accounts, taxation records, credit card limit. (please see the following link)
http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/676/eligibility.htm
--------------------------------------------------------------

Question 4:
But, Excuse me, in the above "Financial requirements",
Why does it use "may be", rather than "are","will be" ???
Does it mean any flexibility to allow some people without "sufficient funds" to get the Australian tourist visa)???

Question 5:
Does anybody here hear that some Russian people got the Australian tourist visa (recently or before) without providing evidence of sufficient funding, but she/he only provides the evidence of her/his current job issued by her/his employer ???

Question 6:
Has anybody heard of Nataly (or Nataly Kokova)??? or Was anybody cheated money by her via Western Union ???

Question 7:
I met her in Lavalife dating website. She took the initiative to find me and sent message to me. and then I replied to her. She spontaneously gave me her home address in her third email.(I did not ask her home address). In fact, I also do not know whether her home address and full English name given to me are correct or not. But she said that her family has "no telephone and no computer". she also said that she wrote emails to me from "the Internet of Cafe" (***the backgroud is very similar to some reported scammers here ???).

Question 8:
She is corresponding with me now. At the beginning (since the 6th or 7th email) (at least 4 to 5 emials), She asked me to go to her Russian home to meet her and see her parents. (From this angle, it seems that she has no intention to cheat my money, right? because she just want me to go to Russia to meet her!).

But I replied to her 3 or 4 times that I do not know Russian Language so that I replied to her that it is dangerous for me to go to Russia to meet her. Then, after that, she replied to me that she is willing to come to Australia to meet me. But she has no money so that I need to send money to her to let her get the new international passport and the tourist visa first.

--------------------------------------------------
***all the details are listed above. already. Hope all gentlemen here, please help me to analyze this case. Then, tell me whether she is 100% a scammer ???

All in all, now, I need all your help to make a correct decision whether I can trust her to send the extra money (at least $1220 US dollars) to let her buy airplane ticket to come to Australia. (sorry, I do not want to go to Russia to meet her. so, please do not give me this suggestion. I think it is dangerous for me to go to Russia to meet her if she is really a scammer.) So, Please help me. Thank you.

(A)
On one hand, If she is really a scammer, I do not want to waste and send my big money (at least $1220 US dollars) to her again. So I want to ask your help to analyze the whole situation.

(B)
But, on the other hand, If she is not a scammer but a good russian girl, I also do not want to miss this opportunity to meet her or further marriage

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Waiting for your great help and analysis.
Aries
-----------------------------------------------------------
Question 9:
This question is not related to this Russian girl. I just heard that (1)if the Russian person's emplyer (company or organization) can issue the evidence (certificate) of her current job to prove that she/he has a stable job in Russia, and (2) she/he can buy the airplane ticket in advance before she/he apply for the Australian tourist visa (no matter where his/her funding is from, for example: her/his friend send money to her/him from overseas for ticket purchase) for checkup by the Australian embassey in Russia, then she/he definitely can obtain the "Australian tourist visa" and the low income does not matter at all. Is it true ??? Please tell me. Thank you.

ham
04-29-2007, 04:17 AM
THE ONLY PARTY TO RIGHTFULLY TELL ANYONE ABOUT VISAS, WHETHER THEY HAVE BEEN ISSUED OR NOT, IS THE DIPLOMATIC AUTHORITY IN CHARGE OF ISSUING THEM. CONTACT THE EMBASSY IN CHARGE AND FIND OUT.

* I don't know about Australia, but my visas for Canada took weeks to negotiate.

* no, it is nearly impossible for young FSUWs to get non-fiancee visas to the west, for they might just never go back home.

* visas require proof of [u]considerable</u> funds. While there might be some flexibility, typical FSU salaries are light years BELOW what is required; typical FSU flats aren't worth much in a western embassy's views, either. In my case, embassies required huge funds IN COD or equivalent, for they have no way to ascertain whether you got seven mortgages on your home. Yes, income matters.

YOU ARE BEING SCAMMED! CUT YOUR LOSSES!

your story walks in the footsteps of so many well-known scams...next the money might be "stolen"...airport security thugs might "require pocket money or bribes"...s-he (you have no proof it's not Igor yanking your chain ) might have to assist her mother who needs a new liver...

Come on, you meet a complete stranger on a crappy website & days later they are in love and tell you to save money for a visa, so they can throw themselves at the mercy of a complete stranger (=you), who might be a serial killer on parole?!
Doesn't it stink?
Don't be cheap expecting a cutie to pizza-deliver herself to your door: you'll only loose money.
Hop on a plane, instead.

Aries
04-30-2007, 01:40 PM
ham, Thank you so much for your analysis and suggestions. I got it.

In addition, Can you please tell me some good and safe websites to effectively seek for the beautiful ladies (wife) of the Russian federation ? Thanks a lot.

ItTechy
05-01-2007, 11:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by Aries

ham, Thank you so much for your analysis and suggestions. I got it.

In addition, Can you please tell me some good and safe websites to effectively seek for the beautiful ladies (wife) of the Russian federation ? Thanks a lot.

Aries,

I have a lot of experience with International laws regarding Visas, and what persons of the FSU have to do to get Visas.

Ham is right, you are being scammed! Do not send her another penny!

It is almost impossible for the average person to get a visa to leave the FSU countries.

Even if you could speak or understand Russian, you going there first without knowing or having any contacts in Russia could be VERY dangerous for you! Ham may correct me, but there are countless horror stories of men going to FSU countries, and barley getting back!

In the U.S., about the only way to even get a FSU lady here is a very lengthy process, and requires a lot of the man bringing her here.

Take Ham' advice about research on Visa', or go to Elena' Models web site, they are a very reputable agency located in Queensland, AU.

They can answer many of your questions being a Australian based agency.

There are also many web resources that list known scammers, but they're so many, it's hard to keep up with them!

If I can be of any assistance let me know, I'll be happy to help any way possible.

Good luck my friend, and sorry you got suckered into wasting your hard earned money.

Best,

ItTechy

ham
05-02-2007, 05:04 AM
quote:Even if you could speak or understand Russian, you going there first without knowing or having any contacts in Russia could be VERY dangerous for you! Ham may correct me, but there are countless horror stories of men going to FSU countries, and barley getting back!

i went to the FSU a few times and nothing happened...one ought to apply common sense: do not stand out; do not put up an attitude; do not advertise you are a tourist and avoid like the plague the hawaii t-shirt& sandals "big american" attitude; never show wads of money.
If you come home late, take a cab...although i went walking at 2-3am in Tallinn and nobody ever looked my way.
Be wary of nightclubs, stripclubs & the like...you can easily be set up, like in any such places worldwide.

Remember:
NO AGENCY CAN GUARANTEE THEY ARE SCAMMER-FREE. NO AGENCY HAS "POLICIES" STRONG ENOUGH. ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY and they depend on a chain of "other guys six time zones away".

Aries
05-03-2007, 11:30 AM
Thanks a lot for ITtechy's and ham's precious suggestions and information.

I think you are right that she is a scammer and I was scammed! I have already lost trust in Russian girls.

Aries
05-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Hi, ITtechy, ham, Humaid, Michael, and other friends, Yes, you are right that she is a scammer!

Thanks a lot for all your great help.

ham
05-05-2007, 11:56 AM
quote:But, I am so wondering why she want to know "my phone number, home address and my full name". What can she get any advantage or any benefit or anything good from "my phone number, home address and my full name" ???

well, if i were you and if you intend to pursue the international/long distance dating game, i DEFINITELY would:
1 get a disposable cellphone
2 hire a PO box/maildrop NOT IN YOUR TURF ( if you life in a large city) or NOT IN YOUR AREA (if you live in the countryside ). There are maildrops providing a conventional street address and forward your mails.

At some point or another you may want to call/be called or to send/receive letters...FOREplan NOW as above.

There is a thread elsewhere where a group of angry women ( or advertising themselves as such ) blacklist men at times out of whim, under the cover that "scammers are stood up or abused women exacting revenge upon cruel men". Those who disagree with them might be threatened with public exposure.
In a mud slinging debate between two agency owners/peddlers, one supposedly threatens dissenting parties with plastering them all over the above website (ANT!DATE).

So s-he (whoever s-he is ) might use your details to blackmail you, or post them on "blacklists".
Since most blacklists are unverified or poorly scrutinized, s-he might write all sorts of colorful lies about you.
"Might"...not necessarily "will", but it has happened.

Pursuing the WWW/LD/MOB dating game does have some risks. Your ad with photo & address might end up in place it isn't supposed to be, or be around years after you have given up & no longer wish for it to appear...and there is virtually nothing you can do...

cmiia
05-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Aries.......I don't think you should even considertrying this route . Your insecurity is a beacon and will act as a beacon for online scammers.

You seem so unsure that I'd be concerned you'd blunder into some disastrous situation you couldn't get out of.

You're a grown man and must think for ytourself......sometimes the best action is to stop before you losew even more.

Ihearmytrain
05-15-2007, 12:05 AM
Aries, Keep trying, but be more careful. ham usually gives some pretty sound advice.

Train

Ihearmytrain
05-15-2007, 12:05 AM
Aries, Keep trying, but be more careful. ham usually gives some pretty sound advice.

Train

cooldadman
05-17-2007, 01:58 AM
My friend, it is so sad to hear that you sent money for a lady you have never met. A modest and honest Slavic woman will not ask for money from a stranger. As to the question of whether she has truly applied for a visa, or whether an Australian company has sponsored one on her behalf, your own Dept of Immigration will have this information.

As to her story of coming to your country soon, she may be telling the truth (but that does not excuse you for sending money...nor her for asking for it). Your Australian government is now recruiting citizens from the FSU to work and live in Australia under skilled work visa programs. She can obtain such a visa quite easily.

It is a mistake to think that Australia has similar immigration policies such as for a FSU person to travel to America.

The government of Australia has two worker visa types for Eastern Europeans; a 12 month visa in which the person must promise to leave after working 12 months, and a longer 4 year visa in which the person may apply for citizenship provided they meet certain requirements.

In certain key skills (such as medicine) this recruitment waives the normal requirement of self support and medical insurance if the Russian/Ukrainian person will fill certain key skilled jobs in which Australians have a severe shortage. That also includes meat packing, construction, science and math teachers and a number of other categories.

Your Australian government national radio/TV, which has broadcast channels in many languages, produced a special Ukrainian language broadcast aimed at recruiting workers from Ukraine as just one example. Here is a link to the Australian SBS and you can listen to the broadcast. Follow this link and scroll about 40% down the page to find that particular broadcast. http://tinyurl.com/2t9a55

Because of the acute crisis in key sectors, the Australian government is waiving the ?points? system for in key areas, such as the medical field where your country faces severe nursing and doctor shortages. http://www.workpermit.com/australia/medical

She may also be telling the truth about a new passport. If she is from Russia and has not renewed her foreign passport to the newer formatted passports, then it is quite reasonable for her to say that she is getting a new passport. Russia has been in the process of making passport changes in recent years. Russia has two passports: Internal for travel within the Russian Federation and a separate Foreign passport, issued only when approved for travel abroad so her claim to have a new passport could be true.

To sort is all out, as other guys have pointed out...why does she need you to purchase her a ticket? (Your government is even paying travel expenses in key sectors!) Why do you feel like it is your responsibility to buy a ticket for someone you've never met?

You are the man so be a leader. If you want to meet a lady, then get on a plane and go visit her. Nothing, absolutely nothing can replace the value in going and observing a RW in her community, meeting her family and friends, and seeing a lady in her natural environment. Nothing can replace this experience. Only bad decisions result from meeting in your country or in a third neutral location.

cooldadman
05-17-2007, 01:58 AM
My friend, it is so sad to hear that you sent money for a lady you have never met. A modest and honest Slavic woman will not ask for money from a stranger. As to the question of whether she has truly applied for a visa, or whether an Australian company has sponsored one on her behalf, your own Dept of Immigration will have this information.

As to her story of coming to your country soon, she may be telling the truth (but that does not excuse you for sending money...nor her for asking for it). Your Australian government is now recruiting citizens from the FSU to work and live in Australia under skilled work visa programs. She can obtain such a visa quite easily.

It is a mistake to think that Australia has similar immigration policies such as for a FSU person to travel to America.

The government of Australia has two worker visa types for Eastern Europeans; a 12 month visa in which the person must promise to leave after working 12 months, and a longer 4 year visa in which the person may apply for citizenship provided they meet certain requirements.

In certain key skills (such as medicine) this recruitment waives the normal requirement of self support and medical insurance if the Russian/Ukrainian person will fill certain key skilled jobs in which Australians have a severe shortage. That also includes meat packing, construction, science and math teachers and a number of other categories.

Your Australian government national radio/TV, which has broadcast channels in many languages, produced a special Ukrainian language broadcast aimed at recruiting workers from Ukraine as just one example. Here is a link to the Australian SBS and you can listen to the broadcast. Follow this link and scroll about 40% down the page to find that particular broadcast. http://tinyurl.com/2t9a55

Because of the acute crisis in key sectors, the Australian government is waiving the ?points? system for in key areas, such as the medical field where your country faces severe nursing and doctor shortages. http://www.workpermit.com/australia/medical

She may also be telling the truth about a new passport. If she is from Russia and has not renewed her foreign passport to the newer formatted passports, then it is quite reasonable for her to say that she is getting a new passport. Russia has been in the process of making passport changes in recent years. Russia has two passports: Internal for travel within the Russian Federation and a separate Foreign passport, issued only when approved for travel abroad so her claim to have a new passport could be true.

To sort is all out, as other guys have pointed out...why does she need you to purchase her a ticket? (Your government is even paying travel expenses in key sectors!) Why do you feel like it is your responsibility to buy a ticket for someone you've never met?

You are the man so be a leader. If you want to meet a lady, then get on a plane and go visit her. Nothing, absolutely nothing can replace the value in going and observing a RW in her community, meeting her family and friends, and seeing a lady in her natural environment. Nothing can replace this experience. Only bad decisions result from meeting in your country or in a third neutral location.

elenag
05-17-2007, 02:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by cooldadman
As to her story of coming to your country soon, she may be telling the truth (but that does not excuse you for sending money...nor her for asking for it).
Somehow I strongly doubt that.

Aries, please file a complaint. It is realy important that you follow up with that. Cal WU asap, find out where the money was received, and do it. Without the complaint, they (since it is probably "they," not "she") will keep enjoying the good life. After police come knocking on their door, they have to get rid of computers, move from their office, sell their cars, etc. It is totally worth the effort to inconvenience them that much. Please file a complaint.

elenag
05-17-2007, 02:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by cooldadman
As to her story of coming to your country soon, she may be telling the truth (but that does not excuse you for sending money...nor her for asking for it).
Somehow I strongly doubt that.

Aries, please file a complaint. It is realy important that you follow up with that. Cal WU asap, find out where the money was received, and do it. Without the complaint, they (since it is probably "they," not "she") will keep enjoying the good life. After police come knocking on their door, they have to get rid of computers, move from their office, sell their cars, etc. It is totally worth the effort to inconvenience them that much. Please file a complaint.

ItTechy
05-26-2007, 04:17 AM
Question:

Who do you file a complaint with that will do anything?

The agencies or scammers are not governed by U.S. laws, and most international laws also do not apply to the FSU

Just curious?

ItTechy
05-26-2007, 04:17 AM
Question:

Who do you file a complaint with that will do anything?

The agencies or scammers are not governed by U.S. laws, and most international laws also do not apply to the FSU

Just curious?

elenag
05-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Answer:
you find out what city the money were received in by contacting WU or MoneyGram. Then you contact the central office of the Ministry of the Internal Affairs in that region and file a complaint with them. They can submit a request to the local WU branches to dig up the paperwork for that transaction. The info from the receiver's ID should be recorded in the paperwork. From there they can start working on the case.

elenag
05-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Answer:
you find out what city the money were received in by contacting WU or MoneyGram. Then you contact the central office of the Ministry of the Internal Affairs in that region and file a complaint with them. They can submit a request to the local WU branches to dig up the paperwork for that transaction. The info from the receiver's ID should be recorded in the paperwork. From there they can start working on the case.

thatcrazy
05-30-2007, 08:24 AM
The fact that you needed to ask whether she is a scammer scares me.

thatcrazy
05-30-2007, 08:24 AM
The fact that you needed to ask whether she is a scammer scares me.