PDA

View Full Version : I want to believe

No_trust
05-08-2007, 10:34 PM
I am currently corresponding with a woman from Barranquilla Columbia. She comes across as a real sweetheart. She has not asked me for money.
She was introduced to me from a woman that was a friend for a while from the Latin-Wife.com website. I have found the company to be very responsible to me as a client. That really has nothing to do with it but the woman I know named "Helen" found a man and liked me as a friend so she introduced me to Johanamaria. I wonder if anyone has a method to determine if an individual is who they say they are or any techniques to detect a scam. I do not want to fly all the way from Phoenix to Columbia only to find out Johanamaria is a 60 year old toothless hag. She has not given me any indication she is a fraud. She has not proclaimed love for me within a week of our initial correspondence. My gut is saying stick it out and see what happens.

No_trust
05-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Um this is weird responding to my own post but, I also wanted to say she is currently enrolled in school and wants to finish before she even considers leaving her country (I asked her long term goals). Also she wants to meet me (obviously) before moving forward. We have agreed to meet in July.

Ihearmytrain
05-12-2007, 04:00 PM
1st rule is don't send money. Just about everyone will tell you that. She hasn't asked and don't offer any! Personally, I've been corresponding with a Russian lady and don't know much about the site you met your lady on, but a common thread of advise I have received and pass on is not to send money. If you want to meet this girl, it will cost more to do it in a "safer" way. Contact the US Embassy or the web site and find out what is required for her to come here and how to make these arrangements with the government yourself. Make flight arrangements yourself. Purchase tickets that only you (as the purchaser) can refund. These are things I have learned, but keep your eyes and ears open as their are others who know far more than I do. Good Luck!!!

Train

No_trust
05-14-2007, 05:05 PM
Thanks Train,
I figured that. I work too hard for it to just send it away.
Money is not a relationship. Are you recommending getting her to come here versus visiting her on her own turf first?
Thanks
No_Trust

ham
05-14-2007, 05:11 PM
visas are nearly impossible to obtain. don't be lazy and travel yourself.
trying to get her to travel will only pave the way to visa-travel scams.

No_trust
05-14-2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks Ham,
I have read many of your solid advice posts. I have plans to travel there (Barranquilla) in July. Until then I am chilling.
No_

No_trust
05-14-2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks Ham,
I have read many of your solid advice posts. I have plans to travel there (Barranquilla) in July. Until then I am chilling.
No_

ham
05-15-2007, 01:27 AM
besides, which "real, decent" woman would pizza-deliver herself to the doorstep of a complete stranger "met" only weeks earlier over the internet, who might be a felon on parole?

ham
05-15-2007, 01:27 AM
besides, which "real, decent" woman would pizza-deliver herself to the doorstep of a complete stranger "met" only weeks earlier over the internet, who might be a felon on parole?

vxbb
05-17-2007, 11:57 AM
MY FRIEND - DO NOT SEND THE MONEY.

Like you I have been in this siuation, with Africans. You want to believe I know, but don't. I wanted to believe as well and you know I am as hard headed as they come. Your girl is most likely a man. Just get that in your head and keep it there. She don't exist as you think. It feels like you have been dumped, I know I felt like it.

JUST FIGHT THOSE EMOTIONS 'SHE' IS A MAN FORGET HER.

Regards from London, England.

stephen

vxbb
05-17-2007, 11:57 AM
MY FRIEND - DO NOT SEND THE MONEY.

Like you I have been in this siuation, with Africans. You want to believe I know, but don't. I wanted to believe as well and you know I am as hard headed as they come. Your girl is most likely a man. Just get that in your head and keep it there. She don't exist as you think. It feels like you have been dumped, I know I felt like it.

JUST FIGHT THOSE EMOTIONS 'SHE' IS A MAN FORGET HER.

Regards from London, England.

stephen

VenusDarkStar
08-05-2007, 06:22 PM
I realize this post is old but I hope my words aren't too late. My brother communicated with a woman from Colombia for over a year before she was granted a visa to the USA. In the meantime, he had spent lots of cash flying to visit her from Los Angeles. When she arrived here, she wanted to marry him immediately, saying she did not need anything formal. Almost as soon as the ring was on her finger, her tune changed and she became distant towards my brother and accused him of abuse.....even resorting to the act of tearing her shirt and appearing traumatized when the police arrived. What a little actress! My brother had to leave his own home where he had lived for years prior to her tragic arrival in his life. The next months were spent in a courtroom before charges were dropped and he was allowed to return to his home. She fled to a friend's home....apparently she knew more people than that long lost relative in New York. Bottom line...My brother paid for her entrance here and supported her scamming arse. She had better not ever come into MY eyesight again. If it's not too late, PLEASE don't do it. If she's real she will come to you without ever asking for your help.