View Full Version : I am being scammed right now!!! russian email visa

09-03-2007, 10:59 PM
Unfortunately its for real i have letters and photos and i thought it was all too good to be true! Now request for money and i found all this searching it on the web.

some serious points

i was lucky to realise i had half expected to be scammed but it is easy to get sucked in.

0. report to all anti-scam websites?
1. i can report email to their provider?
2. i can report to isp?
3. notify authorities?
4. feel older and wiser!

surely this is criminal and illegal!???

this stuff all needs to be searchable for free on the internet - i only found this because it came up when looking for the name of her town. then a search of stites with text from letters and it is now obvious to me!

i do have some details to report right now!

09-03-2007, 11:09 PM
sorry if this is in the wrong place.

excellent email header tools and lookup i got the header info to show on emails - it was coming from russia at some points i doubted even that!

what really is the visa cost in russia to uk? what is involved really?

is there any point having photos with original filename like 2346732.jpg posted as i also tried searching the web for that. also odd thing one of photos did not seem to match. i would like to post all the details.

09-06-2007, 11:24 AM
And what about MTCN number. Should this details be reported to Western Union or something. Please need a reply!!! Anybody?

09-06-2007, 11:28 AM
is there any safe !!! way to send money?

09-06-2007, 03:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by pablo

is there any safe !!! way to send money?

Answer: NO.
Western union or moneygram are basically unconcerned about why or how you're sending $ & to whom...they just act as intermediaries and cash a fee. The rest is your problem. You may complain, but it'll sort little to no effect.
Again they only pass cash to a third party.
International lawsuits are extremely expensive; you have ghost operators on the other end (=scammers) and perhaps an unaware woman who lent her name to scammers against a fee to cash your wires.

09-11-2007, 10:06 PM
pablo, go to the WU web site and they will ask you if you know the person you are sending money to. If you click yes, they're clear and free of responsibility.

Rule #1 is DON'T send money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train returns

08-30-2013, 01:14 AM
Damn liar.

Ian Iceman
09-23-2013, 12:30 PM
Look on UK BORDER AGENCY for all details of Visas to UK. EG. Student Visa is for minimum of 6 months, and costs US$ 280 I think - give or take a couple of dollars.