PDA

View Full Version : Translation/English lessons SCAM

PeopleSmoks
09-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Boo Hoo for me, but I've been trying to find a "real" girl for a while with no success. I know I'm not alone.

Recently, I've noticed the scam seems to be swinging from 2 months or 20 letters and the passport/visa scam to 4 letters and a letter from the translation agency because Ivan can't pay for correspondence anymore.

I'm curious to know how far spread this "new" scam has spread?

Beware certain sites like hornymatches.com. Look and laugh, but don't touch. You'll find at least 20 free member profiles with suggestive to spread leg nude pics looking for "true love".

The site shows login info. These profiles are usually logged on 24/7.

The big scam is translation/English lessons.

Check it out... or don't. I'm not an ad. I just want input from others if you guys have noticed that this seems to be "the new scam" of choice.

My thoughts are that they can ask for money after only a few letters, and it's steady cash instead of waiting 2 or 3 months and asking for passport/visa money.

Train returns

PeopleSmoks
09-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah guys, I realized I left out the "L" in English!!!

Train returns

jake4234
09-12-2007, 11:41 PM
That is a big money maker for them I found out the hard way after 19 months but in that time she was using that same place for 5 months and then she told me she quit using it but then I find out she was till doing it with other men sending the moola for lessons and translations.Plus you figure out all the gifts and if they have flats to rent hell it adds up.

PeopleSmoks
09-13-2007, 08:15 AM
I've noticed that it seems to go four letters from the "girl" and then the letter from the translation agency. I have two e-mail accounts, so I will often write to a girl and change my name from Bob to Rob. I actually have my own pre-written form letters.

If a girl actually answers most of my questions, I start writing personally. The translation scam is after 4 letters like clock work.

"You know I not learn English as child" or " Even? though? I? do? not? speak? English,? I use a translating? company? which? ranslates? your? and my letter and types them(do? not? laugh? at? me? ,? but? manicurists are not taught to use computers)," are set up lines that come in the first or second letter, so if you read this in your "penpal's" letter, be ready for letter 5 to be from the service telling you that the girl is really interested in you, but can't afford to pay for the service.

I actually bothered to get a price list from a couple of these agencies. I'll post them next time if I remember where I filed them.

jake4234, thanks for your feedback. Sorry you learned the hard way. I've been trying to talk about this scam as much as I can so guys know it's out there. I just want to know how big it is.

Train returns

ham
09-14-2007, 05:24 AM
it's all a damn joke.
there probably is just a "friendly translator" with stolen pics on the other end, or a woman getting 10% of the revenue.

quote: I'm curious to know how far spread this "new" scam has spread?

the oldest kind around.

quote:My thoughts are that they can ask for money after only a few letters, and it's steady cash instead of waiting 2 or 3 months and asking for passport/visa money.

maybe ten years ago, not now.
Media started to run sensationalized news about MOB/WWW/LD romance scams; many men scammed or taken to the cleaners have voiced it around. Many forums contribute to the awareness.
Eight or ten years ago one might just be uninformed or disinformed, but today men can hear another bell tolling in town, not just Oleg's dying grandpa and Yana's need for $400 so she avoids a gang rape...
Of course there'll always be a sucker going back for another treatment, but fewer and farther between as time goes, so scammers must kind of tend to their precious clients.
The vastest % of agencies are a rip-off and always have been, anyways...domestic ones aren't different: YAHOO & MATCH-COM have been sued over the exact terms of faking profiles etc.

PeopleSmoks
09-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Hey ham! Maybe it's just me? I've only done the looking for love in the FSU thing for about 8 months. For the first 7 months, I was hit with the old passport/visa scam scenario several times. I paid scam check agencies when I became suspicious and learned my suspicions were right when addresses turned out to be vacant lots, etc...

I've learned what to look for since then from people like you in these forums and don't need scam checkers to tell me what I already know anymore.... Thanks!

It's only been the passed month that I've been seeing the translation/ English lessons scam, but you say it's been around for a while?

Maybe it's the rush job that the scammers are putting on it now? It's 4 letters from the "girl" and the 5th is always from a "translation" agency saying she can't afford to pay anymore, but it's obvious to them that she's really interested in your correspondence.

The agencies I speak of aren't the date sites themselves ( although it's possible they have their hands in it too), but a mass of supposed translation companies that help these "women" who don't know a lot, or any English ( or I imagine whatever language the "victim" speaks).

I have to say that I strongly believe this to be an organized ring that monitors forums like this one. The hornymatches.com profiles that I mentioned dissappeared soon after I referred to them in a posting in this forum.

Train returns

ham
09-15-2007, 01:30 PM
to work best, any scam scheme needs collaboration from the victim, in the form of emotional needs, and/or shared beliefs or prejudices.
Think about how bogus penis pills, trim-my-waist remedies, MLM forex trading schemes "of the wealthy'n'famous" have been around for ages...in spite of their eminently useless nature, the originator and head perpetrators of such rip-offs made MILLIONS, much like in the cosmetics realm...face it, there is just no mask or tonic able to revert the age clock to 20 years ago for women...but men want to be like hunks from soap operas, ignoring how these hard bodies use quantities of steroids and amphetamines...and nothing on earth can modify your skull to give you the babyface of that cute gay cover model boy teenagers drool over.

Back on topic...most men are not interested in FSU culture at all; they want hot bodies & young meat, period. If these blonde bimbos were from Greenland, they all would be fans of the polar north.
As well, men consequently think "if she must live here, she must speak my language".
On the other end lazy Boris is picking his teeth after dining out at "Chez Maurice" a $100 meal, courtesy of Kamala, an african man from Uganda who wired money to Olga, a 19yo beauty pageant.
Boris is too happy to play along with the man's assumed truths, so send money for English lessons...

PeopleSmoks
09-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Hey ham! I'm going to try the quote thing to reply to a couple of specifics.

quote:most men are not interested in FSU culture at all;

My first FSU experience was with what turned out to be a scammer who I contacted on a non-FSU dating site. "She" confessed being from Russia in "her" second or third e-mail. I didn't know about scammers yet, and continued correspondence.

Believe it or not, I actually became interested in "her" culture. It was this interest that probably saved my butt. I began googling Russia and tried to learn about the culture of the girl I had become infatuated with.

It was these searches that lead me to learn about the numerous FSU date sites, as well as "The Russian Bride Scam" and anti-scam sites and forums like this one.

quote:As well, men consequently think "if she must live here, she must speak my language".

Certainly, I would prefer to meet a girl that speaks English, but I also have been trying to learn some Russian. I'm actually one of the sincere guys who has become infatuated with an ideal. I am also not a one way type of person and feel that it's appropriate for me to make an effort to learn at least a basic ability to speak the language of a girl who may leave her homeland to be with me, if I ever find a "real" girl and not another Boris some day.

quote:they want hot bodies & young meat, period.

Certainly there are some truths to the hope of finding an attractive younger girl. Why spend time searching for an old hag? I'm 10 years older than my last American girlfriend. That lasted for almost 7 years.

I'm almost 44 and really don't think I'm being unreasonable to look at girls in their 30's.

Also, it should be realized that it is important for a young lady to know the language of the country she is about to live in, not for the guy's sake, but for her's.

It will be hard enough on her dealing with "culture shock". Imagine being alone and unable to communicate with anyone around you with only a man you've known only through e-mail as your ONLY link to this strange new world?

I think that some men may prefer that. It would create a total dependence on the man. This situation would only satisfy the man's own insecurities as he would now have his beautiful trophy and no other man can talk to her because she won't understand. I don't think it's right to isolate a girl that way.

So the real problem with this scam is how to figure out if she's real because language lessons IS a legitimate expense for a girl who may be moving to a new country.

Train returns

ham
09-15-2007, 08:31 PM
quote:if she's real because language lessons IS a legitimate expense for a girl who may be moving to a new country.

seeking love is legitimate...yet for any legitimate need, you'll have conpeople ready to stage a play to get money...while having no interest whatsoever in you.
Hell, even seeking to improve one's looks is legitimate, but there is when bogus cures & tonics get a chance to close a sale...

PeopleSmoks
09-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Hey ham, what you said is 100% true. The problem we all face is how to weed out the scammers. These a@#holes have screwed up the whole thing to the point where it's almost assumed the girl you're writing to is Boris until proven otherwise.

The next problem is HOW to spot the smarter scammers without alienating a girl who may be "real".

Stupid scammers are easy... e-mail #4 "I love you! Send me $700 via WU for a passport/ visa so I can be with you..." or "here's my naked pic" followed by "I love you! Send me $700 via WU for a passport/ visa so I can be with you..."

And how can a guy tell when English lessons aren't a scam? Sure you might think that if you travel to meet the girl first and you make plans for her to visit you, that this would then be legitimate?

Train returns

ham
09-17-2007, 03:12 PM
quote:And how can a guy tell when English lessons aren't a scam? Sure you might think that if you travel to meet the girl first and you make plans for her to visit you, that this would then be legitimate?

not a fool-proof answer, but a good start.
as well, remember there are good-time girls and gold diggers out there.
They can easily entertain visiting strangers hoping to cash whatever advantage.
Some are known to have their "preferred shops": they lure you into buying them something in a given shop, then might bring the item back & anyways get a commission.
Some agencies are known to stampede clients into using only "certain" restaurants or cab services...
It is difficult to know what's in one's mind...is it love or is she faking it?
What i [u]CAN</u> tell is that there are suckers in this game, and money to be made...therefore people with less than godly morals will do or say anything to help themselves to that money.

PeopleSmoks
09-17-2007, 07:30 PM
I realize that nothing about FSU dating is 100%. I'd just love to get the odds up to 70/30 (or better???)... Especially if it comes to getting on the plane.

It's almost pathetic what I've been doing to "weed" out the scammers, but it will only get me so far in the game.

Translation scammers show there hand early. I've noticed the set up letter that I referred to in a previous posting.

quote:"You know I not learn English as child" or " Even though I do not speak English, I use a translating company which ranslates your and my letter and types them(do not laugh at me , but manicurists are not taught to use computers),"

I expect the girl to run out of money by e-mail #5. EASY!!!

Forgive me, but I have form letters now too. Insert the basic info, put the girl's name in a few key spots, answer a few questions and I'm just like them.

I start really paying attention around the 3rd or 4th letter.

When "she" tells me I'm the only one she's writing to, I pull out my other e-mail address, change my name from Bob to Rob, and become a retired US Navy SEAL with some pics I pulled off the net. My intro is... "I'm so glad you showed interest in me on the website...."

It's basically a line I stole from a scammer that must have gotten my address through their network, because I had NO clue who this girl was that was writing to me. I figure the scammer won't take the time to research every name on every site to see if I'm a legitimate sucker and will send me another form letter.

Anyway, if this girl who swore that the real me, Bob, was the ONLY person she was writing to begins corresponding with "Rob", and "Rob" gets the same letters and the same pics, BUSTED!!!! Easy enough to spot. Right?

If she doesn't reply to "Rob"... and you can't find her in any data base.... What next???

What can a guy try to catch the "gold digger" who will let you fly to wherever and then try to con you, BEFORE a guy actually gets on the plane??? Another anti-scam background check????

Put on your thinking cap buddy! Thanks!!!

Train returns

ham
09-18-2007, 10:37 AM
quote: What can a guy try to catch the "gold digger" who will let you fly to wherever and then try to con you, BEFORE a guy actually gets on the plane??? Another anti-scam background check????

Put on your thinking cap buddy! Thanks!!!

I'm afraid there is no solution.
Women are women...from another country, not another planet.
True, MOB-shopping might (under appropriate circumstances ) offer some advantages, namely pretti-ER women, more generally approachable, with less red carpet than at home...but this statement shall be qualified in very strict terms...there is no free meal.
When push comes to shove, one will have to deal:
1 with the burdens of conventional dating, EG man/woman issues etc. AND
2 extra burdens associated with the MOB process, EG culture difference, travelling, etc.
Failure to solve any of the above will negate the advantages above, EG a woman you don't understand, can't go along with or can visit only once in three years...sure, a sex tour is always possible.

Some women go as far as marrying men, and wait years, have children before heaving the divorce bomb...how far is the limit?

PeopleSmoks
09-18-2007, 07:09 PM
Honestly, the "sex tour" isn't my style. I personally think the guys who do that are pieces of sh!t, and are scammers themselves. They only add fuel to the fire and make it harder for a "real" guy to meet a "real" girl.

Besides, if a piece of ace was all I was after, I can think of a few strippers that use to work with my X that would do just fine (again). Hey, it was a phase I went through [u]</u>AFTER[u]</u> I left my X.

So, in a nut shell, I guess that once a guy makes it through the mine field of scammers on the net, we all still may have a sniper drawing a bead on us after the plane lands and all we can do is hope????

Train returns

ham
09-19-2007, 07:14 PM
quote: So, in a nut shell, I guess that once a guy makes it through the mine field of scammers on the net, we all still may have a sniper drawing a bead on us after the plane lands and all we can do is hope????

more or less.
Agencies & middlemen make a (good) living basically selling dreams, or the (false) promise they can control (to a telling extent at least ) a game or a situation infamous for being out of control (=dating; seeking love, call it whichever you please ).
Truth is, they have no more control over it than you or I have; sure, if we WERE millionaires or Adones, then we surely would have much more control, but hell, millionaires and Adones do NOT go the MOB route, contrary to what some bullsh!tters online might want you to believe.
If they were true to the way life is, they would just say:Look, here are some women who told us they'd like to meet men; yes they filled a questionnaire & mailed or uploaded their pics. More than this, we don't know.
How many clients would such an agency have?
Sure, some smart-mouthed agencies set their outrageous claims off with small print, but that is a cheap used car salesman's trick.

PeopleSmoks
09-19-2007, 09:16 PM
quote:Agencies & middlemen make a (good) living basically selling dreams,

I trust the agencies about as far as I can through a mountain! There's a guy with a posting in another forum asking about RU Ladys. It sounds like he's being given the oral enima by the guy that runs it.

I clued him into RU is run by the same people as UA Ladys and to check out that forum topic and to check out here too. He sounds as naive as I was when I made my first post.

I learned a lot from people like you and a few others. I know I still have more to learn!

A girl I'm corresponding with now is exactly the type that scares me a bit. Pretty face and nice body, but not a supermodel. She's 30. I'm 44 next week. Realistically, I've dated American girls that were 10 or more years younger than me, so I don't think age is a factor.

She tells me she speaks and writes English although not perfect(no trnslation/English lessons scam), has a good paying job with the local police department, has access to a computer at work, but doesn't have a terminal at her desk(shouldn't need money for internet or agency fees). She uses a friends terminal and may not be able to write every day.

The kicker is she's from Armenia! Have you heard any horror stories about Armenian girls??? Her profile came off the site shortly after we began corresponding. She hasn't declared love or anything that would raise suspicion after 2 weeks and 6 e-mails.

Today she sent a couple of bikini pics and said she hopes I like her body, but don't ask for naked pics because she's not a prostitute and won't do that. The bikini pics raised some suspicion, but the part about not doing naked pics makes me think... OK???

Also, she said the pics were taken over the summer. My computer identified them as being from May and July 2007. She sent other pics from last winter which check as being from Nov 2006. So these aren't exactly old "stock" photos....

I know it's only two weeks, but doesn't it sound toooooo good?????

Train returns

pirancher
10-02-2007, 03:39 AM
I cannot believe that I found someone that has been getting the same emils from the same good looking blonde "Armenian" as me. It has to be. Your sept 19 posting is this same exact as what I just received from this girl. She calls herself "Dany" works at a police station, ect, ect...what a small cyberworld...unbelievable...Oh, and the swimsuit photos, now thats a model if I have ever seen one

quote:Originally posted by PeopleSmoks

quote:Agencies & middlemen make a (good) living basically selling dreams,

I trust the agencies about as far as I can through a mountain! There's a guy with a posting in another forum asking about RU Ladys. It sounds like he's being given the oral enima by the guy that runs it.

I clued him into RU is run by the same people as UA Ladys and to check out that forum topic and to check out here too. He sounds as naive as I was when I made my first post.

I learned a lot from people like you and a few others. I know I still have more to learn!

A girl I'm corresponding with now is exactly the type that scares me a bit. Pretty face and nice body, but not a supermodel. She's 30. I'm 44 next week. Realistically, I've dated American girls that were 10 or more years younger than me, so I don't think age is a factor.

She tells me she speaks and writes English although not perfect(no trnslation/English lessons scam), has a good paying job with the local police department, has access to a computer at work, but doesn't have a terminal at her desk(shouldn't need money for internet or agency fees). She uses a friends terminal and may not be able to write every day.

The kicker is she's from Armenia! Have you heard any horror stories about Armenian girls??? Her profile came off the site shortly after we began corresponding. She hasn't declared love or anything that would raise suspicion after 2 weeks and 6 e-mails.

Today she sent a couple of bikini pics and said she hopes I like her body, but don't ask for naked pics because she's not a prostitute and won't do that. The bikini pics raised some suspicion, but the part about not doing naked pics makes me think... OK???

Also, she said the pics were taken over the summer. My computer identified them as being from May and July 2007. She sent other pics from last winter which check as being from Nov 2006. So these aren't exactly old "stock" photos....

I know it's only two weeks, but doesn't it sound toooooo good?????

Train returns

PeopleSmoks
10-02-2007, 08:11 AM
Hey pirancher! Welcome to my nightmare! It's Dany alright. She finally dropped her scam. It's the classic airfare scam.

I suggested that we meet and that I would fly to visit her. She replied that it would be better if she came to me because she lives with her parents and we couldn't be alone if I went to her.

I insisted my preference stating that I would never impose on her parenets like that and I would rent a flat. We could be intimate if we felt it was right, and I wanted to meet her parents because it would be more respectful of me. Since she spoke English, she could translate for us.

I haven't heard from her since, but I know she's still around because she just wrote to my anti-scam alter-ego. (Check out my Sept. 17th posting.)

Turns out she's blacklisted on the stop-scammers site under a different name and as Russian instead of Armenian, but it's definitely her!!!

Yea, the wet see through bikini top pic is an eye catcher! She asked me if I liked her breasts? Also, did she send you the video of her dancing? That one, she asked if I liked her ass?

I have another one that I've proposed that I visit. She's pretty smart. She said the same stuff about not being able to be intimate and I made the statement about renting a flat. She replied that it was a great idea and that she would help look for one.

Of course, she has found one for "us". She told me the price of $50 per day which is normal. She hasn't asked me to send her money...YET!!!

Train returns

ham
10-02-2007, 08:25 AM
quote:I suggested that we meet and that I would fly to visit her. She replied that it would be better if she came to me because she lives with her parents and we couldn't be alone if I went to her.

so her strict family won't allow men around her AT HOME, but will allow "her" to fly 9.000km to meet and basically be at the mercy of a complete stranger?
[:0][:0]

CompatibleOne
10-02-2007, 03:27 PM
i agree with you Ham, good point. girl willing to travel to a complete stranger, no way, bull****!

PeopleSmoks
10-02-2007, 05:59 PM
quote:so her strict family won't allow men around her AT HOME, but will allow "her" to fly 9.000km to meet and basically be at the mercy of a complete stranger?

Exactly my point. And it's not even the family, but the girl herself that must be questioned. Granted, she claims to be 30 yo. (Not a child by any means.) She also claims to have traveled in Europe before... OK?

But, as we all agree, what single woman would choose to travel 5,000 miles to meet a total stranger in a foreign country, when given the option of the stranger flying to her country where she has the home field advantage???

A SCAMMER ASKING FOR MONEY!!! THAT'S WHO!!!

But she does have a nice ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train returns