PDA

View Full Version : western traditional women, big families, etc

ham
01-01-2008, 10:23 AM
this was discussed elsewhere.
FSU people are mostly atheist (it makes sense ).
well, much the same might be said about western christians, too, unless one deals with a few unconventional and marginal sects or denominations; the vast masses claim themselves religious as it's nice and kind of expected of them. As well, never forget the "reading her bible" is part of the lines fed to lovesick men by slick agencies: what impact would have on dating business claiming that these women have no religious qualms whatsoever?
I am taking a free-time course from a MORMON university explaining the book of Mormon...those are people taking religion seriously, well most of them.
However, I don't know how much these unconventional denominations might suit YOUR needs or fit within YOUR preexisting religious affiliation.
I was once browsing a US "christian" women forum of a strict denomination and was surprised to read (at face value) how young on average women claimed to be; and how many claimed they had married their highschool sweetheart or even childhood sweetheart.
Well, no room for biblical age gaps, though.
If a girl met her BF at 15, married at 20, and belongs to a strict denomination, then maybe she hasn't laid the entire fire brigade, soccer league and so on.
The vastest majority of them claimed they are very religious, and their husbands as well.
Short: i doubt those women are posing in sexually alluring pictures over the internet.
Recently I read by chance the CV of a few female mormon university teachers, and a couple even claimed to have resigned from full-time employment to be with their families and take care of the house (yes, that is right).
Many such women as well claim to have 3 or more children.

Prometheus
01-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Ham, I agree that most of the MOB types I have met are not religious at all. The trend there seems to be one child or none. The reasons date back to Soviet era scarcity, where fewer children meant fewer hassles. That is why Russia has negative population growth... emigration and low birth rates.

On the other hand, Orthodox women adhere to more traditional roles. The Orthodox church teaches against birth control and abortion. It is not uncommon to see Orthodox families here in the West with five or six children.

As I have advocated before, if you want a traditional wife to have children and make a home, go the Orthodox route.

PeopleSmoks
01-07-2008, 01:40 AM
quote:FSU people are mostly atheist (it makes sense ).
ham, I have seen a few programs which suggest that many people who lived under the Soviet repression actually practiced their religious beliefs very quietly since it was against Soviet policy. National atheism was a way to prvent religious ideals from interfering with the Soviet machine, but was never the choice of the people.

It was inferred that many Russian, Ukrainian, etc, orthodox practiced their religion in secrecy to avoid persecution just as the jews did so many centuries ago under Roman rule.

I think that the lack of religious belief we see today is partly brought about by the freedoms that the young now have and their ability to choose a path apart from the one their parents may have planned.

Train returns

swede
01-07-2008, 03:46 AM
In Poland, which used to be a bastion of the roman church, the interest in religion is steadily declining. Partly because the clergy in a very offensive way poked their noses into politics after the fall of Sovjet.

The orthodox church (Russia and UA) has always been more ritualistic than even the roman branch, and would probably not mess so much with peoples' private lives in any case.

The "still faithful" would consist of die-hard fundamentalists. Well, it could be better than the swimmingpool worshippers.

ham
01-17-2008, 08:17 PM
quote:The "still faithful" would consist of die-hard fundamentalists. Well, it could be better than the swimmingpool worshippers.

as said, there are "traditional western women", but it all comes with a hefty price to pay, EG joining a very strict church or cult. And anyways, I'm not aware of biblical age gaps like many MOB seekers wish for (EG 20+ years ).

PeopleSmoks
01-17-2008, 10:53 PM
quote:as said, there are "traditional western women", but it all comes with a hefty price to pay, EG joining a very strict church or cult. And anyways, I'm not aware of biblical age gaps like many MOB seekers wish for (EG 20+ years ).
I think that the first thing is to be honest with yourself as to what you're really looking to accomplish by going the FSU/MOB route, and being realistic about it all.

I must suppose that anyone going this route has some "baggage" they're carrying with them. I'm no exeception to this. I have some deep scars from my X. As Lancelot proclaimed as he died in Arthurs arms, "It's the old wound... it has never healed."

It's been discussed elsewhere before, but realize that regardless of what country she is from, your FSU sweetheart is still a WOMAN, strict churches or cults aside!!!

The other thing is the age gaps. Admittedly, the girl I'm going to see in March is 19 years younger than me, but that's just kind of how things worked out for me. I was looking for a girl a bit older than her (28 to 35), but... Although, certainly some men seek the younger "arm candy" and limit their searches to girls 20 to 30 years younger.

By the way, every girls I wrote to 28 to 35 ended up asking for money sooner or later, so I ended up writing to the girl I'm planning to meet with, almost by default.

I think keeping an open mind and not being unrealistic are things to consider when writing an FSU/MOB. Honestly, the age gap scares me a bit, but I have to have some b@lls about it, as anyone else, or just quit the whole thing.[8D]

Train returns

ham
01-18-2008, 06:08 AM
quote:but I have to have some b@lls about it

Until & as long as Barney, Jamal, Pedro & Chen keep the ball in the court of MOB dating, they have an edge; perhaps they are the only one coyote in town who showed up because all other colgate smile, yacht owners and emmy award winners were busy receiving the nobel prize or something...
Upon her landing abroad, well, the edge is lost quickly...
Nobody's fault, but just way things are.

Well, affluence and ease of life count. DISPOSABLE INCOME counts (=whatever you can safely throw on a poker table without disrupting your finances, obligations, debt schemes etc ).

and let's not forget the overall lifestyle.
Barney might make a good living, but if he has to slave away 12h a day (he might be a lawyer doing that ), then you bet he won't be as bubbly as expected coming home...stress is the best libido killer and all that.
So he might keep Natasha's wallet well stuffed, but hey...what about romance, sweet nothings and all that?
Barney has a hearing tomorrow & one of his clients filed bankruptcy leaving him high and dry for a huge amount...then talk about libido, romance & sweet nothings.
Razz Laughing Idea

So Natasha goes to school ( a overwhelming percentage will want that sooner than later ) and meets all those pretty hunks who have time to spare and pay her compliments and court her...and are within 5 years age gap, not 28 years older like her husband.
What's cooking Barney...?

So there is definitely more than just money.
And only the very wealthy or people in a limited range of situations can afford such a carefree lifestyle.
In fact, many divorcing women actually bring on in court the fact that they feel disenfranchised, not loved, whatever, because their working husband (he might be a lawyer or other professional ) does not pay them as much attention and the same way he used to while they were dating, perhaps in school.

PeopleSmoks
01-19-2008, 01:05 AM
quote:Until & as long as Barney, Jamal, Pedro & Chen keep the ball in the court of MOB dating, they have an edge; perhaps they are the only one coyote in town who showed up because all other colgate smile, yacht owners and emmy award winners were busy receiving the nobel prize or something...
Upon her landing abroad, well, the edge is lost quickly...
As you said, when time comes for a real meeting, these phonies are done. I don't crap on the girl I'm going to see. I live in an apartment, not a mansion. I'm an HVAC service tech, not a corporate lawyer. I wear a black leather jacket and blue jeans, not a cape and tights (although there was that time in Reno...). Oh, and we've even discussed my X the heroin junkie wh@re! Everything is on the table with me.

The thing is, if she's real (and obviously I think she is or I wouldn't have forked out the money for this trip), she knows the truth about me and what to expect. And yes, there's much more to living a good life than money. As I say openly, I'm far from rich, but I do well enough to be happy with my financial situation and think I can give a good life to the right girl.

As for attention, she'll need the time I'm at work to rest from all the attention!!!:D

Train returns

ham
01-19-2008, 07:07 AM
well, go and see.
good luck.