PDA

View Full Version : meeting her at St.Petersburg airport

ptrjnthn
05-10-2004, 05:55 PM
I am meeting a woman at Saint Petersburg airport in June. She recommended that I meet her there. I wasn't suspicious until I heard many "horror" stories about how dangerous this situation can turn. I thought, as she suggested, that it would be better for me (as a stranger in a strange land)to have some one receive me at the airport. She hasn't once asked for money, and said that it is up to me where we meet. What do you think? I have some anti-scamming experience, but this one's a toughy![?]

ptrjnthn

Cowboy
05-11-2004, 12:34 AM
I don't see your point, here. You have to get off the plane at some point and face the music. Why not have someone you at least have been writing to, meet you? Just make sure got the number of good and reputable marriage agency in your pocket, so if anything goes awry you've got a backup plan. If your girl doesn't workout for you, you can use your time in St Petes to meet some more, in person.

ptrjnthn
05-11-2004, 08:39 AM
Hey, thanks for the insight. I guess I'm a little leary of the situation after reading about other peoples experiences.

ptrjnthn

Gordon04
05-14-2004, 08:40 AM
You're right, this one is a toughy. You may never find out until you get there, but so far, so good. Sounds genuine. Go for it with an open mind ... and best of luck.

ptrjnthn
05-15-2004, 05:43 AM
Thanks Gordon. I think it will turn out alright. I have received many pictures from this woman. My experience with scammers involved only a few pictures from the woman. Also her letters to me seem very geniune.
I also think most scams don't involve the man traveling to the woman's country. It's usually the other way around. What do you think?

ptrjnthn

jsk21
05-17-2004, 02:40 AM
No, it's better not to have her meet you at the airport. Let me tell you why. You never know who you are corresponding with till you meet her in person. The airport is a dangerous place because you are at their mercy. You could be taken somewhere and abducted or robbed for money. They know that you would be carrying a large amount of cash if you are coming from America and just got off the place. It's better to be safe than sorry. Arrange with the hotel you are staying at to provide you with airport transfers. It will cost the same as if you hailed a taxi at the airport, usually less. And you will have the peace of mind knowing you are safe because someone who works at the hotel will be picking you up at the airport. Makes sense right?

You can then arrange to meet your lady or ladies either at your hotel or some central location in St. Petes. Don't get sucked in by translators or agencies either. I once met a lady who had perfect English yet she had a "translator" with her. I refused to pay. Too bad. Anyway you've got to put yourself here first.

John

Cowboy
05-18-2004, 01:49 PM
The airport is just as dangerous place for your girl as it is for you, ptjnthn, after all she doesnt know you either. She is taking a BIG chance on just being alone with you. It doesnt matter where you meet her as long as you are savvy. If you dont know how to handle youself, marry the fat chick with multiple piercings next door..........Just use you head PTJ. stay calm and work through whatever arises. You won't be able to control every situation any way. .......Have a good trip and make the best of it, .....and when you get back ...be sure and come back in here and tell us all how it went. good luck!

ptrjnthn
05-19-2004, 10:37 AM
Thanks Cowboy. I'll let you know how it all goes.
Tomorrow I'm going to the Russian consulate to pick up my visa. I hope getting it goes smoothly.
Now I'm trying to book a hotel. This is turning out to be an adventure in itself.
My dilemma: The hotel that sent me an invitation and will be named on my visa doesn't have a room for me! Does anyone know if I'll have a problem getting my visa stamped by a different hotel? I include this question in e-mails to hotels, but I haven't received replys yet.

ptrjnthn

Cowboy
05-20-2004, 02:08 AM
ptrjnthn, There's another forum for you to go to where you will get advice and tips from others who have experience in these matters. It is more active than this one and you may get answers faster, go to forum.finance.com Check out all the old threads, this topic has been addressed there.

ptrjnthn
05-22-2004, 11:10 PM
Cowboy, thanks for the info! I got all of my questions answered. much appreciated!

ptrjnthn

ray
05-26-2004, 12:25 AM
Hi ptrjnthn
Good luck. But just a mention - it's really easy to carried along with something at an airport - "it's just this way..." So split your cash and cards and keep all the numbers in case you have to cancel them if they get stolen - also card fraud insurance - that way you won't lose anything. I forgot how many countries and airports I've been in. But as cowboy say's "use your savvy". An airport is safe only in the public areas. Once outside you are in unknown territory. But dont' worry, you'll do OK.

Just one more about photos. If her photos are not too sexy and show her in different places, example home, then they are probably OK.

Hey, let us know how you get on.
I'm possibly going to Kiev end of June. So I'll let you all know how that goes too. Just can't resist a beutiful woman can we.

ray

misterbean
05-26-2004, 12:30 AM
The Airport at Saint Petersburg is a pretty public place - but a bit far out of town! Taxi is one way - or a bus to Moskovsky then catch the Metro! Much cheaper.. And your lady will be able to navigate.
To Travel around by taxi is pretty "rich" and the bus and Metro much more normal.
The SPB Hostel near Moscow rail station will register your Visa but will probably want a nominal fee. They are reasonable! and quite close to Nevsky and Moskovsky Voksal.
Moscow Railway Station is central in the town.
Have you tried the Octoberskaya Hotel. They have an old crummy section on one side of Nevsky prospect and a new remodelled section across the square. (Ploschad Vosstania)
Find out what section of Sant Pieter your lady lives..
Some accomodation may be more convenient to her!
Have a look in Lonely Planet Guide. It is always very accurate and their assessments are spot on I find.
But do something about your accomodation quick!]
June is sort of prime time for Tourists in Sant PeterB!!

ptrjnthn
05-26-2004, 01:03 PM
Ray, Misterbean. Thanks! Ray good luck in Kiev. We'll swap stories. I booked the hotel, got the visa, and I ready to go.
I think I also convinced my friends and family that I'm not crazy. I just have a sense of adventure. (OK, and I can't resist a beautiful woman).

ptrjnthn

ray
06-18-2004, 06:03 PM
Hi ptrjnthn
Thanks for wishing me well in Kiev. But it's off. There was another guy and she must have played me for time, I was all set to go and she chose him. She found it hard to tell me, but did it nicely and even sent back the money for translation. I know she is a real woman, kid's photo's and she loved my letters. My dream woman at 23 y.o.

I am sorry to report that I cried for 7 nights. I think that she really was the woman of my dreams and I could never stop looking at her photos.

Now I need some advice on someone new. See next entry - good luck

ray

ray
06-18-2004, 06:13 PM
After recovering, I found a girl on Ikar Site. She is an absolute dream. Young and single. Not big sexy photos. She sent more, so they are not stolen photos.

So we've e-mailed every day for a week and we agreed to meet soon - in Vilnius Airport Lithuania.

I have one suspicion. She made the comment that it would look stupid for her to go to hotel with a man (she's 20). She doesn't want to get seen. That's fair. If she was in to prostitution she would know the right type of hotel for that, and wouldn't worry.

But she said that she could get an appartment for me (stay 2 night). So I guess that means that's she's prepared to come to there. My suspicion is that it's a setup. But she has said that hotel would still be ok

Guys I really need advice on this scenario - fast. Thanks

ray

ray
06-18-2004, 11:59 PM
UPDATE: NEED ADVICE ON MEETING

I know that I'm not that stupid to fall for this idea. I contacted Ikar, and they immediately took her Profile off (for reason using 2 names). I can give you name only here because did not ask for money. She used "Lily" but in letters signed "Tanya" age 20. [}:)]

I just can't find a younger woman who's not cheating or scamming - been trying 6 months now!
[:0]
ray

ray

ptrjnthn
06-19-2004, 03:32 PM
Hey Ray, Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. Not to put salt on [b]your wounds, but my trip to Saint Petersburg was a success. I had a great time, I found a hotel with the help of my lady friend ( and only stayed there 2 out of 10 nights ; )
I plan on returning in Oct. for ten days, then she will fly back to the USA with me for ten days. We really hit it off well.

[b]ptrjnthn

ray
06-23-2004, 06:16 PM
Really, I know that Vilnius job was a set-up. I've reported to Yahoo as "Site Abuse" (attempted or actual criminal activity)

SAD ME. That first girl I lost. She was the first one I ever wrote to. Sorry but I need "Tea and Sympathy" I'm really demoralised.

OK, now another thing.

Why is my latest girl asking $100 for Visa to come to Europe when it costs about $30. ?
Also she says she can't get it in Siberia and must travel to Moscow! Is that true?

ray

ray
06-23-2004, 06:31 PM
Hi ptrjnthn
Sorry I missed your reply because I didn't see next page. All I'm seeing now is misery.
But, I'm really happy for you. This does give me encouragement. (has she got a sister?)

Here is how my salted wound is. That girl I lost. Her photos were the ones that I had in my imagination since I was young. Something in our primitive minds sees a certain set of features and our primitive brain says - that's the girl you've been looking for and that's the one you are going to procreate with. Now you know why I go home to my appartment and every day sit on the floor in despair. It's been the same for two weeks. I know that there are lot of women that could make me happy but I'm not doing well.

This all leads me to tell you that I've been writing a climbing book and now the missing part of my life is being woven into it - guys, I am a very eloquent and emotive writer. This book is going to be famous - but I can only finish it when I find my woman - the ending is more huge than anything from holywood. It is a huge "tear jerker" but an incredible life story (you should see my beutiful mind inside -because of the huge life experiences that climbing has given me).

Where is she!!!

ray

EnglandGreen
06-24-2004, 12:14 PM
Ray,

Anyone asking for dosh up front should be classed as a scammer. I live the US now but I'm from Seer Green in Buckinghamshire. I learned about the scammers tricks first hand (but without losing any money, luckily!)

So, a couple of facts.
1> from my research, up to 80% of single women from the CIS will be DENIED any kind of visitors visa to the USA. I believe it is almost the same percentage for Merry Olde England. My point? You go to her and don't fall for the "I need money for......" (fill in the blanks). She won't get a visa anyway, so it's probably a scam.

2> It is dangerous to some extent, but go to her, meet her family, see where she works, meet her friends, she where she hangs out. Remember, if she is on the level - she doesn't really want to leave the CIS. All the genuine Russian/Ukraine women I have spoken to are fiercely proud of their country, their culture, and their religion. They are only looking for Western men because they have such a tiny pool of eligible men in the CIS (they are already married, drunks, conscrippted, unemployed, sbusive etc.)

So I keep looking - 6 months and counting so far and no joy, but I keep looking. With a pool (ocean!!) the size of the CIS, there is somebody over there for me.

All the best

EnglandGreen

ptrjnthn
06-27-2004, 02:34 AM
Hey Ray, Good luck my friend...she's out there somewhere! Keep me posted on your progress. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

EnglandGreen, my research tells me that it is impossible for my friend to get a b-2 visa to America. We are trying anyway, because we think we are "holding the right cards." She has a good job, an 8 year-old son, her own flat... what do you think?

I plan on going to study in a St. Petersburg university (her city)in the Spring. She is not ready to leave her family, and, after meeting them, I can understand. (The main purpose of my relocating is to be with her, of course). The universities are very helpful with maintaining a student visa. I think this is my best option, since my Russian is very bad, and it will be impossible for me to find work.
At the university I will study Russian, and choose a new career.
She is very happy about this, and offered to share her flat with me.

I appreciate and value any input you guys might have about my crazy ideas...

ptrjnthn

Cowboy
06-28-2004, 04:51 PM
Ray, many FSU women are hesitant to go to a hotel. It is seen as improper conduct for a woman there.

ray
06-30-2004, 05:35 PM
Reply to Cowboy
Thanks for info about her not wanting to go to Hotel. But I really don't understand this appartment thing. "Her" letters were mostly brief, didn't use my name most of the time - I got the "kiss", but I think I'm gonna write back - if I meet at Vilnius airport I'm safe.

ray

ray
06-30-2004, 05:42 PM
Reply to ptrjnthn
Hi, I'm really sorry about Visa to the US, and after that good meeting. I really admire your idea to move or stay in St.petes. It just goes to show how "man" is ruled by our "inner needs" and I am now the first to admit that I have no control over these needs. OK, this refers to the ?great climbing book that I'm writing. Now women are being woven into the story as a "thread". My book is gonna be just incredible - here's my paradox - I can just about control or manage fear in my climbs - but I have no control of that desire for a partner.

ray

ray
06-30-2004, 05:51 PM
Sort of need advice:
Hi all, I'm writing to a new woman - in Siberia! Well, I can tell you that "she" writes really, really intelligent and long letters, I'm pretty good at writing - she's been asking the most important questions, and responding to most of my questions.

We are discussing meeting but I got a mention that her Visa to Italy costs $100 - it costs $30. So I'm waiting explanation...

Her clothes show that she appears not to money for decent clothes, her photos have been around on sites over a year, and they are same clothes. No updated photos, so looks likes she's not improved her situation. She appears to be poor but now I got "don't have suitcase - and suitcase cost minimum $150 in Russia"

YEAH, RIGHT. I've asked her to explain, I'll give her a chance.
ANY COMMENTS?

ray

ray
07-02-2004, 05:39 PM
Hi prynth
Well, about my dream girl, the one where we were planning to meet in Kiev. I told you all that she chose another guy, and offered to send the taxi money back. I wrote again (paper letter translated to Russian) and like I knew she would - she replied. Also I knew that I'd get her e-mail today. It was an Atomic bomb with flowers, I knew what was inside the letter but it something that I had to get.

She will stay with that guy. But I developed an amazing ability to know when she would write - I see her letters even before opening my mail box - yup, I'm a mountaineer who stood facing his own soul sometimes. I've seen and known things what most people will never come to know. You can all read it in my devasting book one day.

So I've written to a couple of other women - no answers yet.

ray

ptrjnthn
07-03-2004, 05:29 AM
Ray, Have you figured out the visa price issue? Maybe you could find info about her visa costs on the Internet. My girlfriend is trying to get a visa to America, and it costs $100. She also has to apply through an agency, which costs $30. Thats $130 buckaroos all together. Maybe there are other costs that you don't know about. Do you think it might be better, for the first meeting, to meet her in her country? Whats new with the Siberian girl? Will you see her soon?
I think things will turn out well for you. When's your book going to be available?

ptrjnthn

tom
07-03-2004, 12:58 PM
sorry to say it ray but a suitcase doesn't cost 150 dollars in the USA - how the heck is it going to cost 150 in russia? due to the exchange rate everything is cheaper in russia than it is in the USA. you can ussually get items in asia/russia for 1/3 the price that you can in the USA - i have bought suitcases in asia and the most expensive one they carried was 30 dollars. that was 3 years ago - so i am sure prices have not gone up 500 percent. 150 dollars - that better be a gold plated suitcase.

ray
07-06-2004, 07:41 PM
Hi ptrjnthn, Hi Tom
ptrjnthn, thanks for info about her visa costs.
And Tom, the suitcase at $150, that's the most bonkers request I ever saw. Actually, despite that doubt, she wrote the most very, very good letters. Answered every question, asked me everything, did a lot of research herself. Maybe she saw a "samsonite" suitcase cost $150, but I can't see them selling many of those in Seversk in Siberia. She even started pleading with me that she'd get photos of prices. She might be real. I told her that the suitcase put a dark cloud over everything and she stopped writing. I sent 3 letters to my Russian friend and he said she never wrote them. I spotted two key words "hunt up" some money - no-one who's real would know that expression.

I got a new contact - probably Scammer, (I like a magnet to Scammes)she contacted me. I'll play along for a while - very nice looking gal.

Also got a wonderful younger girl, but I think she will fall away soon.

Oh, ptrjnthn, my book. Seeing that I'm weaving-in the females, it needs a bit of editing - I want the Epilogue to be the page where I find my partner - so who knows when it will end...

Really, I havn't got any for sure new gal yet.

HEY BUT IT'S NOT ALL BAD - I'VE GOT 2 Fab ITALIAN WOMEN FOR DINNER TONIGHT AND THEY'RE COMMING AT MY APPARTMENT - THAT'S NOT A JOKE. I got the fab pad, romantic balcony, dream mountain views - I'll let you know how I get ON (if you catch my drift) !!! Hey, if this is the last you hear from me - I died in bed with 2 bicysexel lolitas !!!
[}:)][:p]:)

ray

tom
07-07-2004, 06:14 AM
don't give up hope ray - i am sure you will find your dream girl yet. she can take all the pictures she wants - but if we don't spend 150 for a suitcase here - they certainly won't be spending that much for one over there. hell you can by an entire setup of suitcases here - ussually 4-5 pieces for 200 dollars and less here. and that means that 1 piece of luggage over there would run less than 60 dollars - and thats for a high-end one, with average suitcases running 30-45 dollars. when i was over there i made 2 suitcase purchases - because they were so cheap - i spent 60 dollars for them combined - one had a lock and is a carry-on type and the other is a wopping mama of a suitcase - its huge and is 3 feet tall by 2 feet wide and 1 foot deep - it packs in alot of junk. gee listen to me excite the forum with suitcase talk. anyway - i got my 1st russian letter - scammer no doubt - thats what we have deduced - lets see if i can get her with her hand in the cookie jar. i will be sure to post her info after i have more facts to back me up. i want to make sure i do not post bad info - or jump to conclussions - but i'd say i am 99% sure after just an intro letter. the other 3 letters i got are all legit so far - seemed warm, nice and sincere - with no red flags.

i hope you have fun with your hopefully sucessful 3-some. hey maybe you could marry both of them, its worth a shot.

good luck
tom

ptrjnthn
07-07-2004, 02:25 PM
Ray, you lucky devil,[}:)]

ptrjnthn

ptrjnthn
07-07-2004, 02:28 PM
Tom, Good luck with your new correspondences.[8D]

ptrjnthn

ray
07-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Hi ptrjnthn, Hi Tom

Well, I survived the 2 lolitas. It was an "interesting" evening... First the one said "I want to marry and Englishman" good start !! But she don't have blue eyes... sorry but that's no good for me.

Second one, she's a bit of a "bomb" I always thought that she had a guy, but she's broken it off... (I'm not surprised) Now she's free, but she thinks I like her friend... could be tricky - oh man, great body, great personality.

So what did they with me ? Jeepers, they picked up my book manuscript and got totally absorben in it... so that's what's being literarily brilliant has got me... they love my mind... er, well, it's a start, they're comming over again next week...
[?][}:)]

ray

ray
07-08-2004, 08:57 PM
Hi ptrjnthn, Hi Tom
Re: Suitcase, yup, my Russian friend told me about prices. I told her I didn't want to hear about such things... she's quit. If she is a scammer, then her letters are incredibly good. The phrase that blew it was this "I'll have to hunt up some money" No way, someone who's not been out CIS would never know that.

OK, Victoria, [}:)] She's the new one who contacted me, she was on Ikar Site, now removed... I've asked them why. Anyway, I've had a few more letters, they are not bad, but I'm going to play it out. I've started to get v. attracted to her looks, she's not set up the photos as posing model. But when she's dolled-up - she's "spiflicating" (check dictionary). Man, if I can get her as a partner... phew !!!. She also set a "natural photo" She looks fab natural too without all the paint job. Hmmm, interesting...

ray

ikarinter
07-08-2004, 09:48 PM
Hi Ray,

About story with Victoria. This girl was removed from data base as a possible scammer after 2 complaints we have received. And then... Last 3 days more then 50 men contacted us and asked why she is removed. After that we are 200% sure, she is not possible but pure scammer.

Ikar International agency

ray
07-09-2004, 04:57 PM
Thanks Ikarint
Re: Victoria. Yes I was sure in her first letter. "She" said she will write to me today - she has been very busy, but getting all those complaints shows that guys are seeing these scams - someone should get her put on Stop Scammers. I think someone else wrote her letters. Thanks.

ray

misterbean
07-09-2004, 11:07 PM
Been watching your thread with interest.. The suitcase - suspect there's more to it than a suitcase. Ask with a bit of subtlety perhaps. Seversk is a l o n g way away. Like LA to New York with none of the transport infrastructure that we conveniently assume. Theres a train - several days - or Air - probably not affordable - or if it is affordable? there's seen to be better uses for the Money !! That's sense - if your in her position !
Do I sense a little bit of 'photo model ' hunting, or is it my scepticism!
Relationships with Women who happen to be seen as people seem to succeed. The pursuit of a beauty - for beauties sake - seems a precarious pastime. The cost of a suit-case could be the more marginal risk you lose!
Good luck guys !
And enjoy Saint Petersburgs' Uni's.. YOU are on the right track.
Not crazy at all - it is all about Romance, Love and compatibility.
And the perceptiveness to see the huge value of family, friends and her home environment to a woman.

misterbean
07-09-2004, 11:16 PM
Sorry - Our posts crossed..
Well done 'IkarInter'
You are a sign of promise in all the small scammers scene.
Because in balance the numbers are very small.
But they sure know how to 'bait the hooks' - to catch the men who are ripe to be caught!
Did you report her to :-
http://www.stop-scammers.com
Because that sort of networking has the ability to help even the un-witting being fleeced.

ray
07-10-2004, 12:58 AM
Hi all, ptrjnthn, mrbean, tom.

SUITCASE SWEETIE [?]
About the suitcase, yup, that might have been just the start of my losses. However, Ikarint just told me that she's had no bad reports, I've seen a photo going back to last year. Really, makes me wonder, she also had an Ad' in Spanish - maybe some site shared her details. But logistics and costs of dealing with someone way out these is a bit mad. I wasn't "photo model hunting". She had that "totally honest look" the look that every man's mum would approve of, and v.attractive in personality of appearance. Who really knows what lay inside.

VICTORIA THE VAMP' [}:)]
I've heard from Victoria, ooch, new photo, bad, bad eyes - danger, danger. She's working on the "meeting" bit now.... stay tuned. Oh, just got new photos - getting more revealing, but letters are getting better - quite fancy her actually !!

RICH KID..[?][}:)][}:)]:);):D
Anyway, the one I've got on the go now. Hmmm... Russian, Siberia again, a bit hard to really see what's going on yet (lovely appearance, not at all a babe, just fab). She seems to have a lot of nice gear in her "mother's home" Sat TV, Hi Fi, Kitchen full of nice new gear. She's young, doesn't work. Has been to 4 foreign countries, so where's all the goodies come from ? - we agreed meeting (she says will meet anywhere !!) I've told her I can't send money for tickets, but I'd pay her when she arrived. Perhaps she's into the free holiday scam. So I'm waiting for the "hit on the air fare and Visa" Or she's got a wealthy mum. She just does not have the appearance of a scammer - we'll see - I'll let you'll know.

Yup she wants to see me via a grand tour "Berlin, Paris, Nice..." - Good price on European coach tour. Now she offers to pay internal flight to Moscow - getting a bit panicky - bad sign. Asks not to send money to her but Travel Agency - she's given phone number but waiting for more details..

TOUR...
Anyway, if RICH KID fails, I'm giving up on internet contacts - so I'll try a tour to Latvia or just go there soon. I'm EEC passport, so I can go as I please and I'll be pleased when they come, here - oops (that means no Visa needed - nice day moderator). All I've got to do is walk into the "Internet Cafe" and announce "hey stop writing - take me" HEY I'M NOT JOKING.

ray

ray
07-14-2004, 12:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by ikarinter

Hi Ray,

About story with Victoria. This girl was removed from data base as a possible scammer after 2 complaints we have received. And then... Last 3 days more then 50 men contacted us and asked why she is removed. After that we are 200% sure, she is not possible but pure scammer.

Ikar International agency

Thanks. By the way, that one the two photos should never have been on the site - it wasn't a sexy one but no-one real would have put that there. If you can review all photos before display that would save some problems.

ray

krasno
08-05-2004, 07:00 AM
So..
how did your meeting go in Saint Petersburg??

to everybody else:
I recoment to meet in airport... why not?
bring roses:))
If still scared, then ask your hotel to pick you and her up in airport, cost aprox. $30, but to my opinion a normal Russian woman would suggest you to take march-route tasi 13 to center, or Metro..together with her.. unless she har a car availeble, but normaly they dont have..
Russians dont travel by normal taxi themself..
Taxi from airport cost $30 too... to airport 400Rbls...
so taxi?s in airport are bandits:)...

about money, dont use/bring cash, use credit cards...Visa-card works everywhere...
To my opinion you dont need to be so scared about traveling to Russia...its not as bad as people think. There are worse places to travel in this world.
The worst bandits in Russia are all the fake woman that rip you off without ever meeting you. The ones that invite you to visit are not.
Thats my experience. The only problem int meeting a woman is normally if she dont like you., but thats the same problem if you meet a woman in your own country..:))
SO go, dress nice, and bring roses,thats a good start!!!un-even numbers!!!1-3-5-7...roses.. very important!! even numbers are for funerals!!!!

quote:Originally posted by ptrjnthn

I am meeting a woman at Saint Petersburg airport in June. She recommended that I meet her there. I wasn't suspicious until I heard many "horror" stories about how dangerous this situation can turn. I thought, as she suggested, that it would be better for me (as a stranger in a strange land)to have some one receive me at the airport. She hasn't once asked for money, and said that it is up to me where we meet. What do you think? I have some anti-scamming experience, but this one's a toughy![?]

ptrjnthn

ptrjnthn
08-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Krasno, My trip to St. Petersburg was great! I am thankful that she met me at the airport, because I would have been lost. She was wonderful, and her family was very kind.

ptrjnthn

roknhop
11-26-2004, 11:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by ptrjnthn

ptrjnthn

roknhop
11-26-2004, 01:08 PM
Krasno is on target. You've been there. But, I used cash and credit. Crisp, new $100 dollar bills is the cash I had between belt and neck wallet. Exchanged with the "boys on the corner" and got a good rate with no service fee. My buddy had a card and it was stolen. Not really his fault, they were reallllly good! So I had to help him out of a bind for a few days until things got straightened out. But, you are correct, it is not as unsafe as people might think. One has to use his head and don't get yourself in bad situations. I prefer to stay in a "yellow zone" and be aware of all that is around me, coming and going. And that is different than say Atlanta, New York, L.A., or Denver how??? Exactly! I did learn to avoid the police. They never intimidated me, but, they did try to lighten my money clip a couple of times for say...fourty bucks, because my papers were not in order. LOL. It helped to have an emergency number of a friend, Misha. "Who's Misha?" they would ask. "You call number and ask Misha who he is! And then you will know!" (Laughing) Misha only worked in travel agency, but, they were not willing to risk finding out. LOL! Also, I coppied their badge numbers down. They went from being intimidators to being intimidated. In the end, I thanked them, bid them a good day and left. I can't wait for my next trip! I have learned that if I go expecting great romance, it is disappointing. Go for the expeirience! While there, enjoy the romance! It is truly romantic there. And the women are romantic, brilliant, beautiful from the inside out. I have met women there that due to their inner beauty, have given me butterflies in my stomach. Those who have been there "KNOW" what I'm talking about! And those that are hesitant to go are foolish if you don't! You will experience women with an orah that can not be put to words by any man! I am not talking about sexual magnatism. It's much deeper than that. This is how I know that my soul mate awaits me to find her there. I'm not unattractive by any means, but I have NEVER had a woman look at me the way I've had Russian women look at me. My buddy always looked to me for help. He was more into a photo model. There is where the trouble for him lay. In person, I could tell a scammer. It was in her orah. The softness of her eyes, the purity of her voice. I could tell if it was that of shallow seduction or the true and honest search for happiness. Don't go to Russia to get laid. You can find that anywhere. If you are serious about finding your other half, you will discover the most passionate, dedicated and faithful women on the planet. Remember, all that sparkles does not shine. To all, good luck with your quest. I can't wait until my next visit! Scott(roknhop).