Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: visa

Question visa

i have copy of pass port .and visa from woman .what stated wanted to come to america.it ended up diffrently ,but i am not sure if its real ,or fake ,as far as i can tell it looks real ,but i am not knowlagable in these matters .is there any one out there that can take a look ,and perhaps tell .

Default Re: visa

Customs in your home country usually are able to help. They can spot fakes very easily and can run checks through their systems. Most are willing to help, it's not a huge job. Input the documents onto different search engines which may prove helpful. There are websites dedicated to scammers and often have a database of fraudulent documents so give them a try also. Ask her the name of her high school and where. It's an easy thing to check as pretty much all schools maintain records. Good luck.

Default Re: visa

Unfortunately, there's no way to tell if a passport is a fake or not. With computer technology, it's easy for someone to doctor documents to make them look real. If you check Department of State website and scroll down, you'll see an example of a fake passport which looks very, very real. It's a common scam.

As a precaution, I wouldn't trust anything coming out of Nigeria because as you said, it's known for scams, and the use of fradulent passports to request information/money from individuals is also a very common scam now, not only in Nigeria, but worldwide. You have no way of knowing if this person's story is true or if they are who they say they are. You are better off dealing with someone local that you can actually talk to on the phone and possibly meet.