Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: detained

Default detained

presently .i feel i am being scammed, filipino woman working in china .I am reaching out .for any help on this matter. I used a travel agency.
    Transit World Tours Inc.
    8 Ying Bin Road,Dongcheng
    District, Guangdong Province,
    523129 Dongguan China
    is any one familiar with this agency . this was recommended by her since they help her come to china to work .
    sent thousands to them wire from bank to bank .for ticket visa and immigration travel money proof.
    got notice on travel .with turkish air lines .and flight info .but then i get e mail and a phone call as well stating that she is detained .having 15 kg of gold . they stated they have an attorney help bail her .and prove gold belong to her , and today they sent message that bail is about 5000. u s .
    I have been requesting for her info on visa and passport .and money that got converted to travel checks .they state its all being held with authorities . so i was care full to prevent getting scammed .not putting funds to her directly , the agency as far as i know checks out . she did state day she left and before that she did have a surprise to bring with her a gift from former employer that would help us. and i also know that if i had that much gold i would try to bring with me absolutely. but it all makes a good story .

Default Re: detained

I get emails like this almost every two days, believe me you they are all fakes. Don't just trust anyone. Help only those people whom you can trust.

I've gotten tons of emails like that, most of them just go straight to my spam thankfully.

A quite developed scenario of this is that she has a terrible accident and needs money for hospital
    I don`t want to be mean, but it it was true, family and relatives would be the first ones to ask for help, not to strangers
    Anyhow, it`s good to avoid it

Odd story.

In depth story to scam you, don't fall for it.

Quote Originally Posted by sheikhiu View Post
    Odd story.

In depth story to scam you, don't fall for it.
    Indeed, even if she starts to cry, pass on the phone doctors, policemen or whatever sounds credible, the end is mostly the most: you will be scammed