Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Unhappy Sending items to sell

W
    My situation started about a year ago when I started talking to this man from a dating site. Recently he sent me an IPAD and told me to sell it. He said once I sold it to buy 5 Prepaid phone cards and 5 Green Dots cards and send those to him. I opened the box and on the packing it said it was sold to someone a lady but shipped to my house. He also had a prepaid debit card mailed to me with someone else's name on it. Should I contact the police because I just have a bad feeling something is not right. I really need some advice because I don't want to be liable for holding stolen property. Thank you I'm new here so I appreciate any type of advice.

Default Re: Sending items to sell

I realize this thread is a bit old, but this is certainly a credit card scam. It sounds like this person got a hold of someones credit card info and is buying things online with it, which only does them any good if they can have someone sell it and turn it into something useful for them. Your inadvertently acting as a money launderer and should definitely report it, or your sake and the sake of whoever had there credit card info stolen.

Default Re: Sending items to sell

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post
    W
    My situation started about a year ago when I started talking to this man from a dating site. Recently he sent me an IPAD and told me to sell it. He said once I sold it to buy 5 Prepaid phone cards and 5 Green Dots cards and send those to him. I opened the box and on the packing it said it was sold to someone a lady but shipped to my house. He also had a prepaid debit card mailed to me with someone else's name on it. Should I contact the police because I just have a bad feeling something is not right. I really need some advice because I don't want to be liable for holding stolen property. Thank you I'm new here so I appreciate any type of advice.
    Can you send it back and get rid of it?
    Unless it`s police, ask a lawyer, it`s quite mixed up and pretty dangerous to be caught in the middle