Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Important surgery

For 6 months, I have been writing to a lady who, until a fortnight ago, lived and worked in Odessa, Ukraine. However, she has now returned to her native town of Tiraspol, in Moldova. Tiraspol is the main city of the unofficial "Trans Dniester Republic".

She needs $1000 for an operation. She needs it before May 1.

I am sooooo keen on this girl. My every fibre wants her to be genuine.

But I have moderate reason to suspect thar citizens of the "Trans Dniester Republic" have access to FREE health care.

Can anyone shed some light?

Hi,
    Sorry, I have to disappoint you!
    I was several times in Odessa and in more countries of the former USSR and believe me.... when a girl ask you $1000 for an operation than she is SCAM!!!
    Especially girls from Odessa and Lugansk are mostly scam. I met my girlfriend on a business trip to Moscow and she learned me to notice how to find out a girl is scam.
    1. she loves you already after a few letters
    2. she send you beautiful photos
    3. They never have phone, because the can't afford it
    4. They ask you for financial help for several reasons, like medical reasons, visa, ticket, translation for e-mail, using internet cafe.
    Try to find a good girl (you can find them, believe me) in a reliable datingsite.
    A lot of succes!!
    Richard
    (Netherlands)

sounds a bit fishy. some of these scammers are expert.

Hello Chaps.
    I spent an hour and a half typing a story about; a. How I've been out with three Eastern Girls and how wonderful they all were, and b. Scammers. I used the Preview tab twice to check over my epistle and then... when I hit the Post New Reply tab the whole thing vanished! I've been caught before on other forums so when I first posted on this forum I did the sensible thing and copied my text into the box. The second time, I wasn't sensible, and I haven't the patience or time to type it all again.

Yeah, three fantastic ladies. Two I met in England, one in Warsaw. I was engaged to one for a time. Beautiful, educated, charming, honest, loving, sexy. The Ukrainian, I never had the chance to sleep with before she returned to her country suddenly, but the other two, both Poles, were incredible in the bedroom. There is a serious shortage of ladies here in the UK and like many single mature men here, I rarely even see a pretty girl, let alone go out with one. I'm still single in my mid fifties and am really looking forward to meeting / marrying an Eastern European lady and starting a family.

The actual ladies are wonderful and there really are many single ones in that part of the world, but I'm convinced that few of the ladies advertising are genuine. Yes, I did say FEW. I've just read about Lilia Koshevenko who tried to scam Elgar Rademeyer (USA). Yes I received IDENTICAL first letter from her under her aka of Lina. Same email address, but photo of a different girl! I've had letters from other scammers and suspected scammers, and even the girls who are 'genuine' aren't really interested in marriage if going to live in their new husband's county means a drop in their living standards, which it almost certainly will if they come to Britain. Remember that many of these girls have been misled into believing that we in the West all need to send them US Dollars or Pounds Sterling every month, just to help reduce our tax bills!!! Even some of the nicer girls will try it on. Few of them realise that they will have to work when they come to the UK (same in USA?) and they soon stop writing when they realise this.
    RichardC

Edit 04/05/04. I've corrected my spelling of the scammer's name; it's Lina of course. BTW she hasn't responded to my reply.

quote:Originally posted by seajay

For 6 months, I have been writing to a lady who, until a fortnight ago, lived and worked in Odessa, Ukraine. However, she has now returned to her native town of Tiraspol, in Moldova. Tiraspol is the main city of the unofficial "Trans Dniester Republic".

She needs $1000 for an operation. She needs it before May 1.

I am sooooo keen on this girl. My every fibre wants her to be genuine.

But I have moderate reason to suspect thar citizens of the "Trans Dniester Republic" have access to FREE health care.

Can anyone shed some light?
    ray

Hi seajay
    This is "needs and operation stuff" is well-known SCAM. She wants 1000$ exactly - it's a nice round figure for her bank account.
    I fell in love with words and photos - just don't do the same. Keep your money in your pocket and find someone else - you will never, never see that money again and never see that girl. You will hate yourself if you send it.
    Sorry for bad news.

ATTENTION ALL:
    Read my Scammer "Anna Sevruk" posted on 30/April. You'll see whatt a good scammer writes. I spent a long time trapping her after I lost money. But I never felt so good to get that BITCH!
    Ray

ray

Well, at this stage, things are not looking too rosy. I sent no money. Alarm bells are going off everywhere. Let me ring ?em for you.
    (1) Her mum is affluent enough to carry a cellphone.
    (2) Her contact number in Tiraspol has a +380 country code, which I think is not possible. Trans-Dniestria has a country code of +373. Actually, even the area code (482) is Odessa.
    (3) Obviously, $1000 is a precise round figure, and not in her local currency. This puts her at the mercy of exchange rate fluctuations. Unless, of course, the doctor is Australian and charges in dollars.

But hope springs eternal. If this was a scam, then it was a modest one. In February this year, I actually told her how to do it in Australia. Forget piddly little $1000 sums. If you?re dishonest already, think big.

(1) Make sure he owns his house at least, then
    (2) Get the lovesick moron to marry you and bring you back to Australia.
    (3) Once you?re here, married, call the police, and accuse him of domestic violence. The police force him out of his own home, and he now has charges to defend ? at his own cost.
    (4) Use the ?domestic violence? accusation to get immediate permanent residency. The normal waiting period is two years, but you?ll get it immediately. This loophole is tolerated here, because there is potential that foreign wives could be genuine domestic violence victims.
    (5) Being a penniless foreign bride, you are entitled to free legal aid. He, being a homeowner, is not.
    (6) Get a restraining order on him. Even if he owns his house, he cannot approach it. And possession is nine tenths of the law, yes?
    (7) You now have approximately eleven months, before his case comes to court, where he will be acquitted of course. But he can?t come near his own home, and you can now sell all its contents, because you?re his wife. Sell the fridge, sell the PC, sell the car, sell the carpet, sell his kidneys.
    (8) Now, still interested in an intimate relationship? Sponsor your boyfriend over from your homeland!

False alarm, gentlemen. She's genuine. I am very pleased, relieved and rather ashamed.

Her request for money certainly came from a Tiraspol ISP.

$1000 was a round figure because she didn't have an exact figure. At the end, surgery was not needed, but the clinic that treated her checks out, and she was indeed their patient in Tiraspol.

The "Tiraspol" contact number is indeed her contact number when you apply TransDniestria's country code to it instead of Odessa's.

I guess I can now settle down to being a good resource for the novice would-be grooms out there.

Well, seejay, I'm astounded.

If it's really true then it shows how we can make mistakes. I think that we all need to do this kind of thorough checking before we slap a "Scammer Label" on them. Pleased that's she's your gal.

So how did you find out that she really was a patient at the hospital?

About mine: I'm really not sure about her. Everything that I study in her photos checks out with what's in her letters. Letters are good and sensible, no "love you" stuff.

But she's asking for money for Taxi to Kiev ($100)when the train is just as easy - I've checked the times from central Ukraine to Kiev - about 6 hours by train or 150 miles by road that would about 5 or 6t hours. So why does she want a taxi - this part is really worrying me.

Can anyone help?

ray

Well Ray, maybe she wants a taxi because the trains are putrid, disgusting and revolting.
    Why does she need to go to Kiev anyway? Surely not for the visa stuff??

Good luck Seajay, hope everything goes ok for you.....Hope we all get an invite to the wedding....Keep us posted
    Johnny