Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default starting to write letters, would like some advice

starting to write letters, i would like some advice on any personal experiences that you may have gone through or experienced - that you can give me to make this as uncomplicated as possible. are there any pitfalls that you have noticed, like similar or the exact same letters from different women? anything you can recommend would be appreciated.

Things that would make me suspicious:
    1) She falls in love with you quickly, then asks for money to help her get to America.
    2)Her letters don't answer your questions.
    3)She starts to tell you how poor her family is.

If you become suspicious about her letters, do a search on stop-scammers.com search engine, using suspicious words or phrases. My first correspondence from Russia turned out to be a scam. I cought it in time by being curious, and using this search engine.
    Good luck.

ptrjnthn

Hi tom
    Things that would make me suspicious: All those which ptrjnthn listed and these:
    Using these words in her replies:
    1. Sweetie, Darling.
    2. Distractions, diversions (example, "I had to do the washing all in cold water - my hands were so cold - sweetie it's so hard for me") That style is just a load of bull' and a real woman would not write it.
    3. Keep your letters short. Ask about 2 questions in each letter and get the answers or forget her.
    4. Tranlation costs are the big scam. I was on Absolute and everyone asked me that. Now I'm on Single Western Men and Merry Dating and I don't get any of that crap - it just shows that Russian women are offended to even think to ask for money - I know because I've a Russian friend at work.
    5. The biggest "come-one" is the sad story - read my "Anna Sevruk" she's a scammer here - man her story was so captivating it had to be real but it was just expert. Don't believe sad stories - Forget using Absolute it's the place where most scammers go. I got attacked by bithches and men writing to me. But still I may have found my match there.
    6. Don't let yourself get sucked into lusty and sexy things - forget it - they are all scammers using model's photos.
    7.Basically if she's not asking very sensible questions - forget it.
    Never send money despite whatever you feel is genuine.
    Cheers, Ray.
    If you need help on analysing a letter - send it to me. I'm an expert now.

ray

I'm all for a hug - just as long as I know who it is first. Trying to know who's behind that screen is what you have to find out first. And although I've spotted 7 bad one's in 6 months, I'm a bit stumpped on my one and only. She's just the appearance who I've been looking for all my life - and that doesn't mean "model looks". There are such genuine facts in the photos and letters and she's not writing any bullship "love" stuff.

But in a new photo something doesn't add up. And now she wants travel money to Kiev. I'm really not sure - but I'm working on it. I'll let you know what the snag was, so that you'll be able to analyze photos better.

ray

thank you everyone for your input - except lickem - you actually pulled one of the most prevailent scam tactics in your second response. look closely at your own writing style. you proved you were a cabable writing in your first response, but then you became an ebonics undecypherable moron. this type of response is ussually followed by a question by the person reguarding feelings of the heart or a question about how you stand on a certain situation that deals with relationships - then a request for something involving your pocket book.

if anyone has gone on one of those romance tours, or is looking to go on one, tell me your thoughts or experiences - i've been thinking about going on one myself.

One thing I always do is to ask them for family pictures. I would like to see pictures of you and your parents, you and your siblings, you with your friends or around your town.
    Good honest East europeans will never ask for money even if they are starving to death.They are to proud to ask perfect strangers for money. I have met very few who do not ask for money. when you find one the cultivate that person. If they say that they can get a student visa in one week that is false. The only way student visas are obtained is for the university to send teh application to teh consulates office. That means that they have to apply to a university first and be accepted as a student. I had one girl tell me to send her $550.00 and she would get a student visa and fly to me in one week. totally bogus. some girls when i asked them for pictures thatthey could not provide me with claimed that all teh family pictures were destroyed

Billy

Greetings to all. I am new to the online dating thing as I am recently divorced after 4 years. I am 24 and a teacher.I posted an ad on the dating service reciprodate.com and got a reply from a woman from Kazan Russia. Her and I began a polite conversation We spoke for over a month now. I get photos from her every 3-4 days. The photos do not seem professional and are in natual poses and in natual surroundigs I even have ones of her with friends and family. She gives good answers to questions I ask and we have begun to talk about meeting. She said she needed money for a visa, passport, etc. Feeling curious I enterened her name on Google and found your website with her on it...but the photos do not match and the letters do not seem to match. I want to know how I can know for certain if these two women are the same or if the woman on your website stole the name. The name of the woman I am in contact with is Ludmila Durnicina(same name on your site) She seems sweet but after looking at your website, I want make sure but also not not lable an innocient woman. What are some questions I can ask the one I am in contact with to confirm if she is who she says she is? Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

quote:Originally posted by prussiannoble

Greetings to all. I am new to the online dating thing as I am recently divorced after 4 years. I am 24 and a teacher.I posted an ad on the dating service reciprodate.com and got a reply from a woman from Kazan Russia. Her and I began a polite conversation We spoke for over a month now. I get photos from her every 3-4 days. The photos do not seem professional and are in natual poses and in natual surroundigs I even have ones of her with friends and family. She gives good answers to questions I ask and we have begun to talk about meeting. She said she needed money for a visa, passport, etc. Feeling curious I enterened her name on Google and found your website with her on it...but the photos do not match and the letters do not seem to match. I want to know how I can know for certain if these two women are the same or if the woman on your website stole the name. The name of the woman I am in contact with is Ludmila Durnicina(same name on your site) She seems sweet but after looking at your website, I want make sure but also not not lable an innocient woman. What are some questions I can ask the one I am in contact with to confirm if she is who she says she is? Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.
    Thanks in advance and keep up the good work. i think that is your best anser

lickem39

I suggest that you be very suspicious. Single Russian women do NOT get tourist visas to most Western countries, period - especially the US.

You can do a couple of things:
    1> Ask her for clear, good quality, scanned images of her domestic passport, pages 2,3,5,14
    When (if) you get that, inspect it carefully for obliterated or altered numbers in the "bar code" at the bottom (a common scam). Also, do not let her take more than a couple of days to send it to you.

2> Get a background check done on her. I use Michael at http://allrussian.com It cost $129 USD but it is much cheaper than a broken heart and the $500 plus that she will probably ask you for. Make sure you get her Date of birth, address with apartment number, phone number, and family name.

3> Also, you can check where she is writing from via her email headers - it will give you a pretty acurate location so if she says she's from St. Petersburg but her IP address is from Moscow, you know it's a scam.

It's a shame we all have to be so paranoid and careful, but a fool and his money are soon parted. Not to mention a broken heart and all that wasted irreplaceable time!!

Best of luck

EnglandGreen

I asked her for her passport photos and the next day she sent them. The numbers look good and the photo of her does not seem to be cut and pasted on to the passport.I translated the passport and all seems to check out. She has not brough the subject of money since I told her my mom had a stroke and I had to pay for a private hospital and a private doctor. I told her I had no money to give her and she said she was sorry to hear about my mom. She still writes and tells me about life in Kazan. She has yet to send me any dirty photos or letters. She said that is was not proper for a Russian woman to make suck photos when I make a smartass request to have a photo of her in the buff.She is not following the usual scammer patter. A friend of mine at the embassy in Warsaw sent her an email confronting her with the articel of her on this website. She said that a man had asked her for naked photos. SHe refused and the man told her he would post her on a site for scammers so no one would want her. My friend also told her that he was very close with the cheif of the Moscow plice and stated if she messed with me he would hunt her down. I am 60/40 sure she is the real deal. She does not ask for money for the internet cafe she is at or asks for translation fees. She gave me her father and mothers names and the adress she lives at in Kazan. I am not sure how to verify that. Any ideas or how to chack her adress and if her parents are who she says they are. That is all I have to report now. Anything new I will drop a line her. Cheers gentlemen.