Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My first letter from a Russian

well i placed an ad in the men's publication and finally got my first letter. i have to say that i already see some potential red flags.

1. she stated: I'm 25 years old, the age difference doesn't bother
    me, but the inner world is very important.

---- i am 26 - an age difference of 1 year, in my mind should not warrant a comment.

2. I don't have a computer and I send my letter by dating agency, it is costly to pay them but I'm oriented to find my man and true love.

---- i am very disappointed to hear her already mention how expensive something is - a sentence far to many men have heard.

3. the from name is russian post - i googled it and it showed it as a delivery service for mail. so i guess it is possible that she could go through her agency and they go through the russian post. but the statement on the age difference leads me to think that it could be a common pre-made email. although if that were so why would she pay to have it delivered? my first letter and i am already paranoid - this really shouldn't be so hard. let me know your thoughts - thanks.

n/a Guest

Hi Tom,
    Having read your letter it does seem very strange that she mentioned the age difference.Of thoughs who are sincere,they don`t mention age or how much things cost,firstly they wouldn`t talk to anyone outside there own family about money and secondly,most of these girls that join agencies there profiles and letter writing is free of charge.
    Just thoughs two sentences,the alarm bells should be ringing.It very difficult to tell someone to stop writing to another person,if you do,then be very careful.

imported_admin Guest

Hello Tom,

In each letter you receive from Single Western Men Catalogue (if you mean this web site) you can find warning:

"Do you think this letter may be a possible scam or the Single Western Men Catalogue uses unhonest person? If yes, please inform us immediately."

Our opinion - it was a scam letter. Inform them with details immediately.

thanks for your input guys - i really appreciate it. the age comment really bothered me the most - 1 year should warrant a comment about an age difference. i think i will write to her via snail mail just to see what she has to say. the simple cost of postage is small, and if she happens to be a scammer i want to catch her at it so noone else can get scammed by her. if she shows any other red flags, i'll be sure to let you know.

thanks again.

Alot of legitimate women use "form letters" for the first (or several) correspondences. It is much easier and less expensive, since they reply to many letters from men. As your correspondence continues, the letters should become more personal, and genuine. This can make it difficult to determine if the woman is real, or a scam.
    I think the letters tom has been getting are from a scammer, because of the content (sounds like a typical form letter from a scammer).

My point is, form letters are not necessarily scam letters.

Letter(s) from Inna Taranskaya to John W. (USA)

Letter 1
    Hello John!
    I am so pleased that among all pretty, good-looking girls it was me who caught your eye. And it is really a destiny for me to get your letter as I think you are an interesting person who can give me just more than just simple relations. It is not easy now to find a man who can inspire with confidence from the firs meeting. Yes, I call it meeting as we meat each other and liked each other. Let me tell you about myself as we are going to be close to each other I do not want to be any misunderstandings between us. I am 24. I live in a large family. There are 4 of us: 2 younger sisters and my mother. I have no father. My mother raised all three children without a husband. Maybe because all our men became weak and unable to answer for their actions. Every time my mother met a man and thought that she had found a real man who would be a support for her they left her without saying Good bye and leaving her pregnant with their child. So we try to survive all together - me, my younger sisters and the mother. And the worst thing is that all these men are similar as twins in their characters. That is why I try to find my man not here but abroad. It seems to me that another culture may bring up another man, a real support for a woman.
    Now I am a student of pedagogical University. I am a would be teacher of dancing. To support my family and myself I have a more or less permanent job. I work as a hospital attendant in the operation department. I clean rooms, windows, help people who were operated on with eating. I do all dirty work but I have to do it to survive here and to continue my study. The first part of the day I spend at the University and another part- at work. and what about you? Do you like your job? And why did you decide to find a woman abroad? Do you have a large family? I hope to get the replies in your next letters soon. I am waiting.

Letter 2
    Hi John!
    I am so glad to get your letter and your beautiful photo. It means that you are interested in me as much as I am interested in you. Now I feel myself happy. Yes, you give me this feeling. It is a wonderful one. As for your question, unfortunately I do not see the film 'Ten' with Derek. I do not smoke. As for my goal, I want to find my second half and to found with him our family. I have a good the sense of Humor. My sweet, you are my soul mate. You know, once when I was at school I tried to learn English but it was lasting for only 3 weeks it was too expansive for my mother to pay for English classes, so now I use the service of the marriage bureau. So now I do not know English at all but I kept my exercise book and there there is one poem. I do not know the meaning of each word but in general I know the meaning of this poem. It`s a wise one. I want to share it with you. The ABC of Happiness.
    Aspire to reach your potential.
    Belive in yourself.
    Create a good life.
    Dream about what you might become.
    exercise frequently.
    Glorify the creative spirit.
    Humor yourself and others.
    Imagine great things.
    Joyfully live each day.
    Kindly help others.
    Love one another.
    Meditate daily.
    Nurture the environment.
    Organize for harmonious action.
    Praise performance well done.
    Question most things.
    Regulate your own behavior.
    Smile often
    Think rationally.
    Understand yourself.
    Value life.
    Work for the common good.
    X-ray and carefully examine problems.
    Yearn to improve.
    Zestfully pursue happiness.
    I think these are great points to be happy. And now I am. I think YOU make me happy! I try to follow these statements. Do you think they are true? Is there a sense to follow them?
    Hoe to hear from you soon.
    Your Inna.

Letter 3
    Hello dear John!
    I am glad to get your letter. When I got it I felt happiness and sadness. I feel that we are getting closer to each other with every letter. I feel at ease with you. In the deep of my mind I feel as if we have known each other for ages. I want to open my heart to you, my intimate feelings. You inspired me with such a great confidence. But at the same time I feel fear- the fear that I may loose you. And my financial situation is the reason for it. I wrote you that I did not know English. That is why I use the service of an interpreter and operator of the Bureau who prints my letters for you. I hoped that my modest salary would be enough to pay for correspondence. But I was wrong I feel as my my last money saving melted as snow in spring. And I have no other way out but entreat you for a help. I ask you to help me to pay for the translation of our letters. My dear man,it is a real test for our relations and feelings. I am sorry that I have no possibility to continue paying for the service of the Bureau. My only hope is you. My heart prompts me that you are an honest man with serious intentions. My heart says that you won`t leave me alone. I believe that you need me as much as I need you. Honey, can you promise me that you are mine even now? I need to know it.
    Your Inna.

Letter 4
    Dear Sir!
    Thank you for your interest in our client Inna Taranskaya who is using the service of Marriage Bureau of our "International Company". We would like to inform you that she is interested in you very much, but Inna has informed us about her financial difficulties and her not being capable to pay for our service. If you are interested in her and have a wish to help her, we will be glad to help you in any questions and will provide you with all the necessary service. Please, inform us and your Inna about your decision.

International Company
    Director Konstantin Ivanov
    Email: international_com@mail333.com

Scam or not? Why?

Scam! Honest company would have no problem stating that there is a fee in the very first letter, and then the person would decide to write or not. Bait and hook, a primitive scam game. They obviously have not reached the level of a true professional scammer, but given time they will scam with the best of them. Simple fact, honest company with integrity will be honest with the fees from the very start, not 3 letters later. Would you buy a car, without knowing the details on the car, it's warranty, etc, until 3 months into paying for the car? Honest businesses do not need to play games to make money.

Hello, Dear Men!
    I understand how difficult it might be for you to define if a woman a scammer or just a girl in need. I can share my experience if you do not mind. I used to date men in the net too, now i am happily married to a Montana man (he's chewing tobacco, well, but i fight with his ONLY shortage.
    Well, I could speak English in the very beginning and when i was invited by one woman to help other women in translation, i was surprized to know how many lonely women wanted to find their fate in the net. Thus, i had to learn fast typing. I actually was rejected by a local agency (marriage agency, they called themselves "The World of Hopes", fake hopes and broken hearts so to say) because i was ... too honest for them and they told me that my typing is quite slow. I was not angry, i had some clients, mostly women who got divorced in Ukraine (Kremenchug) and who had the purpose to find their love and better life (in this very order). I can tell that situation with internet and netcafes has changed and is changing with time and it is a fast process. Dear gentlemen, they have all the chances to pay for it, some cannot use computer because they don't know how or because they do not have it, some learn and some have friends helping them, but i assure you - there are no honest agencies in Kremenchug in particular.
    Well, scammers didn't really used my services as i had such a "stupidity" to ask them about their purposes most of the scammers do not want to meet in reality. Most of them do not really care about age, race and so on, but they are very curious about your profession and income (but this should not mean that a girl cannot ask about the way of living or what do you do). I personally could discuss many matters with my husband, but he could not call me as i had no phone at home, sometimes it happens, but you better trust these cases, my C. trusted me and as he wanted to hear my voice really badly, i gave him my neighbor's phone number (may her life be happy and this made our connection even closer literally. I can tell that though i had a correspondence with SEVERAL men at the same time once, my mental health was in danger as most of them tried to do their research or asked me for the pictures in bikini, or some 65 years old men (sexy Texas cowboys) tried to attract me, sorry, men, age matters if you want to behold sunsets with this person for the rest of your life...
    Sorry for being so chaotic in my letter.
    Listen to your heart, stop hearing what your penis whispering to you.
    Much love to you and good luck in your search!

Treasure state - my sweet home!

Hello, aussieman (obviously, you must be Australian)
    I understand your concerns and fears and most of all I understand your desire to be happy again.
    Let?s consider your situation. It is not too different from what many of my clients were?
    First, I do not want you to be offended at what I can say here. This is the impression from that information you gave?
    1. I do believe that you are a nice-looking man and look fit and so on (though I do not know for sure) but I dare say young Ukrainian/Russian woman would not want to be involved into relations with an older man while she can have affairs and serious relations qith men of her age. I might have no idea about her inner world, her life circumstances and what does she like in men? Age doesn?t bother her. I can say that when I met my husband, I had several weeks of deep thinking as we have 12 years of age diff. but I overcame this problem and it also may depend on the term of your correspondence with her. Actually (be honest with yourself) you should not insist on this very question to her, as then it means that you should not have contacted a younger girl before. But it is none of my business though I always was shocked when a man of 45 contacted me when I was 25 ? agree, it is a considerable age difference especially when you both have to achieve understanding.
    2. She lives in Kiev. It is a big city with many opportunities, she can really afford many things, interpreters there (at least in the tourist agencies) can be paid 8 $/h, sometimes more. With their level of living (sometimes up to 500-600 $/month) they can have more opportunities than provincial girls, but girls of capital can be spoilt in a way. Though it depends..
    3. I have a question ? does she know about your past and kids?
    4. As for the Ukrainian last names ending with ?ova?, it is not the rule for them. Usually it is Russian last name that ends that way. I myself am Ukrainian and my last name had ?yuk? ending, sometimes they end with ?enko?, or ?chuk? or ?ykh? and if it is Rays (which is unusual) it mean that she has Jewish origin or it is one of those unexplainable last names Russia and Ukraine may bear
    5. Pictures. This what alarmed me a little, though any rule here may have exception. You know I had a client who never wanted to take ?usual? photos motivating it that she ?is not ready?. If she has stunning pictures (especially in extremely expensive garments) it can be a model. Well, every foreigner visiting Ukraine exclaims: This is the country where the girls look like models!? You still should ask her for the pictures of her, with her friends and parents and co-workers ? unretouched so to say. She must have some real life if she is real.
    6. I do not know your correspondence, dear sir, I cannot judge about her fast growing feelings (5 months), but you can analyze it yourself ? when and who started to be very gentle and after what event. Does she complain about her life at all? Though you say she wants to meet and see ? smart decision, what else did you want after 5 months? Wise you are to have decided to stay there for 3 months.
    7. Height is not a problem for many women and if she doesn? care about it too much ? it may mean that she likes you as you are ? which is good ? or she wants just ANY foreigner to leave Ukraine. I do not blame her too much, life is quite difficult there, though Kiev has many more chances to stay OK.
    8. Another things. Divorce is a wound but say no to your fears, otherwise you will not be able to start a new life. Though like a man with some life experience, you should keep your eyes, ears and mind open and your heart is locked. It is up to you to decide whether you will give her a key to your heart or not.
    9. And the last thing. You should find out more about Kiev, life there, some details which may be very significant. And to decide ? WHAT IS THAT ? TO BE SCAMMED for yourself? I dare say ? a gentleman should pay for restaurant, food shopping, some necessary thing like transportation (taxis in Kiev can cost up to 50 $ per day ? though you can use metro, or walk). Jewellery ? is different subject, do you agree with me?
    What else can I tell you? Brave people win fortresses. Be polite when knowing details or if you have such a desire ? just surf the net about Ukraine, you?ll find lots of stuff for your information.
    And ? I will gladly try to help you.

Treasure state - my sweet home!

Don't let things too much depend on the procedure.
    Ofcourse you will have some kind of a perfect profile for you in mind.
    There are always long term risks but this is not special for oversea relations.

Before you put all restrictions in work try to find someone you feel comfortable with. I don't mean impressed!
    If it works both way, nothing will stop you, no age difference, kids, agency or procedure.
    You will find a way.