Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed

Default Advice needed

Ive been in contact with a young Russina lady now for just over 2 weeks and in that time i have had photos of her on her own and once with a friend.Ive asked for photos of her with her family and have also asked for her home address.She gave me her home address,but im unsure as to how i can go about checking if its real or not.I dont have any money to use someone to help me.Is there anyway that i can do this myself,using say the net??

I really hope that this doesnt turn out to be a scam,but all the same im being careful.
    I hope that you guys can help me solve this dilemma im having.

Hi Revvy
    maybe I'm not the most knowledgeable in technicalities - but if you have money you can check out any address in CIS, you'll find reference to it in "Travelling to Woman's Country" Folder (or was it another - search in the folders) but there is guy in Russia who will do a full check - about $120. If you get as far a meeting then that's the time to do that.

I'm very good at analysing letters, so if you want help, send me some on my e-mail address here (or tell me if you don't see it). I've seen many kinds of scam and I can usually spot a scammer - the problems is that, some women ask for money - and they really need it - so we might call them Scammers but in reality they are not asking for money to make money. (best is send only small amounts $20 at a time). Most people on Stop Scammers say never send money - In 7 months I sent money twice - I have lost once and found a real woman once. She even offered to send money back !!

I can see a scammer in a photo - but I can't always see a real one from a scammer. Best is forget sexy photos - [}], complete waste of time, real women won't make "models" photos. If their name is not a real name (peach [}], apple [}], blossom [}] etc) forget it. A good woman won't say honey, or darling early on. Make sure she always addresses you by your name and states her name at the bottom.
    Let me know if I can help

ray

Well i have finally managed to have her address verified after having been given a street map of the town she lives in,it has also transpired that she wants to come over to England for a holiday,becuase she says it would be cheaper for her to come here.
    In her letters/e-mails she alwasy starts with my name and ends with hers,so thats another plus point.
    Still i guess only time will tell now,and as yet im still keeping an open mind on things.

Thanks for the advice ray

Dave

Well it seems that my first impressions were correct.
    She arranged with her "travel agent" to send me details of the itineray and the cost of said holiday and then travel agent had the nerve to ask me to make payment within a week.
    Lukcy i was keeping an open mind me thinks

Hi revvy

That travel agent may only be saying about "send the money urgently" because they can't hold the tickets for the price stated. Or they are not a real agency (try to check them out) and get the passport details (at least photo and passport number) or your gal. There's a reference to it on the Forum, it tells you what pages (4 pages) she must copy and scan and send by e-mail.

Regarding her address. Yes it's on the map - but is it hers ? but don't get over suspicious and throw bad lines to her - keep it cool - if she's real you don't want to upset her. However, scammers always either go off in a huff or just don't write back.

I am nearly at that same stage as you. My gal's given me e-mail addresses of 2 Agents in her city, but they don't e-mail me back. In her frustration to get here she already stated an amount of money "I need Euro 390" but I'm sure it was not a request for money. She seems very genuine, and told me "not to send her the money". Obviously she knows about being labelled scammer - or is offended if I send the money. She's also offered to pay her internal flights.
    But I'm gonna be carefull

I've searched the net and can't find a site for a Travel Agent in her city, Krasnoyarsk, maybe they have only e-mail. What I'm trying to establish is a safe Agent who has some "internation recognition" such as "IATA". This way, I guess we are protected if pay by c.card or WU.
    I havn't had an e-mail from her today - I hope she's not leaving me - she's really nice. If I cant' find a way to get her the holiday package, I'm going go to Krasnoyarsk ASAP - I'm fed up and don't want to lose another good looking woman.

By the way, I'm from the UK but work in central Italy - fab !!
    You can't find women here - 3 guys to 2 gals. And then they have affairs.

ray

Ray,
    Aside from the fact that im currently out of work and cant afford to send the money,and add to that,i was made bankrupt last year,so have no cc's,bank account or anything,so im stuck in a rather big hole really.As much as i wanted this to be real and truthful,im still not convinced 100%.we shall see what we shall see i guess.
    Anyway i wish you the best of luck in your endeavours my friend,i hope it all turns out the way you want.

By the way im also from UK,and women here only want one..wait two things..money and ill leave the other to ya imagination.

Albannese Guest

Hey guys,
    Just wanna tell you something, DO NOT send money, she will not come.
    Why don't you do as i do, buy ticket for them, meet them in foreign country as i do. I have met 4 girls in Turkey, all from Russia or former Russian republics. They do not need visa to Turkey. Although i live in New York City, its worth going there and meeting this women, they are lot of fun. But, "DO NOT SEND $$$$$" its a scam. TRUST ME i bet my head.
    Pete

well now,it seems the she is what i had thought originally,she said she could get half of the money for trip to uk,but could i pay the rest,i said i couldnt,becuase i dont work and she knew this.
    My reasons for believing shes a scammer?
    she claims she can only get to internet-cafe of an evening,which is fair enuff i suppose,but she then says she has to go visit Grandmother and cant get to internet cafe to reply to my e-mails,whilst i was online at 1am GMT the other day,she was online also,sending e-mails to someone else.
    Forewarned is forearmed as they say

Hi Guys
    Incredible, revvy and I are having "twin" problems. My gal offered to pay half the fare. But I could not get response from her travel agent to send the money (I would only send to a secure Travel Agent) I asked her pay all the money, get the holiday and I'd pay her on arrival - its all gone quiet. But wait - she could be real. Normally she logs on to Merry Dating every day (you can see the date of last long-on - nice feature). But she's not logged on. I phoned her mother "she said in Russian HOSPITAL" I got my Russian pal to phone - he recons it's true. My gal's got mobile phone, I called, no answer, but then it was busy. I sennt a text message - she is not answering me.

State of play therefore. Either she was greatly offended by my asking her pay all the fare or she's on a scam. My Russian friend is gonna be making some calls for me... let you know.

revvy, don't lose heart. Mine got broken twice, but if I keep at it I'll get there. Maybe I'm going to Riga Latvia this weekend. I keep a look out for you. Send me a photo of you on my e-mail address on the Forum if you like. I may even do you a favour and buy a good guy a ticket !!

ray

Ray to send you a photo of me id have to use outlook and i cant see your e-mail addy anywhere here.
    Although i cant see why you'd want a photo of me as id likely break any mirrors that i come across