Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed

actually i do not think you can tell a scammer from a picture except if they do not have a real name, this is right. But i had a friend who has model pictures, just because she keeps fit and have a stylish taste... pictures cannot tell you about a person as much as her letters show her...
    As for your name in every letter, it is not that difficult to copy your name from your letter though if she really has a list of men to write to, she will not waste her time on writing your name, that is true.
    You know what, my husband told me he loves me after 20 minutes of chat! Was he a scammer?? LOL By the way, ask her to chat with her for a while but if she refuses withough any certain reason and you ask her why and still have answer, this can be scam. Always ask her what type of a nercafe she uses, how they charge her, and ask this to her in several letters, varying the question, if they figures will change, this mean she is not trustworthy.
    My husband offered me to pay for my internet because he needed me to chat with him (+phone conversation and usual mail) every single day, i told him i will chat with you, do not worry, i just cannot do it every single day, he asked for my postal address, i gave him this and he sent me some money - like 30 $ first. I honestly spent them for our chat and scanning my pictures. By the way, i never thought of taking naked or bikini pictures, this is not my mentality.
    Men, avoid sweet erotic letters, please, avoid letters with your phrases copied - of course, we all like to be cited but it is just a hard work of a scammer
    Good luck to you
    if you need some sort of advice or just information about life-style in Ukraine, you may leave the message here.
    Irina

Treasure state - my sweet home!

I have encountered numerous scammers already posted on this website. The fact is surely that in most of these cases, only the pictures are being used. I would suggest that as much as 30%-40% of the images posted on this sight, are not even images of the actual person who emailed them to the individuals reporting the scammers! The images were likely copied and downloaded from a website of someone's personal homepage on GeoCities or one of the other free hosting sites. I know personally of two such instances where a photo was used by a scammer without the woman pictured in the image being aware of the use of her image by another party! So it is likely the women featured in many of those photo images on this website have no knowledge of the scammers? existence.

You must be diligent and cautious in your dealings with anyone over the Internet. If you have not met them in person, how do you know they are real? So many women are often using Internet cafes in their communities. Having seen a variety of these cafes on my travels in Eastern Europe, I learned that many offer access to either a webcam or a digital camera. Remember, these cafes, although perhaps not as posh or modern as the eastern or western equivalent, are in business to make money. So, press the issue to have the woman get her picture taken with a digital camera, or webcam... even a plain old 35mm point & shoot, but have her holding a sign with your name on it! Just like women everywhere, they might say, "What, don't you trust me?" If you want to blindly trust a woman you have never met, with your valuable time and emotions (or money)... be my guest! Push the issue, and be relentless! But do it politely and tactfully, just in case she happens to be the real deal. If it will make you feel better about it... offer to send a small remittance to pay for your peace of mind! But use your on discretion. If she really likes you, she will find a way to make that picture happen!

As for the source of my wealth of knowledge and experience, you ask? ...I began corresponding, and eventually married a beautiful, young Russian girl, 7 years ago (we are still friends yet are no longer together, but that is another story). Perhaps, compared to most American men, I have been ahead of the learning curve in dealing with correspondence to women from foreign countries, since I first began investigating that option in the mid-80's. Additionally, I had my first opportunity to visit Russia and Ukraine in the mid-1990's, that further added to my understanding of the economic and social situation in Eastern Europe. So, my perspective is really quite different from those only now considering the possibility of meeting a woman from Eastern Europe. My first failed experience has not dissuaded me, however. I will be doing it all over again with another woman from either Eastern Europe or Asia, I assure you! (I will just do a better job of matchmaking for myself, next time!) Remember; although beauty is more than skin deep... don't assume that just because she is a wonderful woman, everything will function like a Swiss watch. Check under the hood and make sure that all the screws are tight and she hasn't lost a few from her brain, before you say, "I do!"

I have been involved either directly or indirectly with the Internet since its development. I have also had numerous opportunities to witness and investigate all sorts of scams and criminal activities developed on the Internet. The bottom line is that regardless of what country a woman is from, the majority of these women you will correspond with typically has one common thread... They all seek stability, and the opportunity to improve their personal situation. Are we any different, guys? Most importantly, they are looking for a good man, not just a handsome, sexy or rich man. Good men really are hard to come by in most of their cities. Alcoholism is a serious problem in many Eastern European communities. Another fact in your favor is that there are nearly 12% more women than men between the ages 16 to 65, in Eastern European countries (Russia & Ukraine in particular). This further illustrates their reasons to be looking for YOU here on the Internet. Just use common sense, and I would also recommend reviewing basic U.S. Immigration laws & requirements to fully understand what is involved in bring a woman here, from another country. It's not impossible to find true love on the Internet; people do it every day! But if you decide to bring a woman here, remember it will require a serious financial commitment on your part. So, be prepared; just DON'T be foolish with your investment of your money or your TIME!

Good Luck!

Hi guys! A little tip. If you open the photos that they send you with Microsoft Office Picture Manager, then click on File, then properties, if the photo has been taken with a digital camera there is a good chance that the camera properties are embedded in the file and then consequently displayed.

From this you can tell at least WHEN the photo was taken. I am currently being strung along by an 'Anna'in Kazan who has sent me a two year old photo and then tells me she thinks I could be her 'second half' and enjoys my 'long letters'....my last letter to her was one sentence! Every letter she sends is templated. She is very poor at this! Once she asks me for money I'll send her details in.

Hello guys
    To find out the date when a photo was taken by a digital camera it's not necessary to use Microsoft Office Picture Manager, you can use Windows XP. Click the file by right button, then select "properties", then "summary" and you'll get the date it was taken and photo attributes.
    Regards.

Forgive me, men, but if you will be too fond of investigations you will just scare any woman you talk to. And... what about some men sending their blurry old pictures with their exes and dogs in the darkness?????

Hello dear KBITKA
    Investigations are necessary because we confront delinquents. There are a lot of delinquents who work in dating scams. If I had known what I now know I had not been scammed because I had investigated and maked the comprobations before sending money.
    Bye.

Hello, Javier!
    I know what you all mean, I know what you have suffered from and some are going to suffer. I just find the idea with taking pictures with your names in their hands totally ABSURD. I am Ukrainian and our mentality is different.
    You know what will a woman do after such request? She will just say - oh, come on, another jerk, well, let's try different one. This is a very rude of me to say this but this is what makes me feel desperate - when i see many men on this site writing loooooong stories about their bad experiences, whinging to others, but when he starts a letter to a woman he writes something like "hey, baby, I missed ya, I was glad to hear from you, tell me about your life, I had a nice weekend and today is monday" and blah-blah-blah... no cordiality and information and real interest about her life. Also they all ask - do you like outdoors? Do you like to hold hands and other rubbish like that. WHY YOU ALL ASK THIS????? [:0] Any normal person like romantic moments and nature, but it is in their hearts not in these trifles - i mean it is in them too , but it is worth discussing?? and another stupid question - HOW DO YOU HAVE FUN? I usually answer - go shopping and walk, carry heavy bags to my apartment with no flat-screen TV
    Sorry for being rude, but this research doesn't cost a penny if you do not read anything about the country and life there. Maybe then you will see many things in other light.... Maybe not. [}]
    [}]Sincerely,
    IRINA[8D]

Hello Kbitka

I would have to agree with you. I think too many men looking for foreign brides think they are doing the women a favor because they feel they are "rescuing" them from such a terrible life, and that these women will do anything to come to the West. One can not develop a relationship in 4 letters, or fall in love in 4 letters. It takes time, commitment, understanding and patience to develop a long distance relationship.

I have know a wonderful woman from Ukraine for about 18 months. I have visited her, we have talked much, written often, and I plan to visit again in November. Both of us knew that it would take time. She is an intelligent woman who will not just marry any man to come to America. We have talked much about her concerns, because she will be making a major sacrifice by coming to America. She will be moving away from family, moving to a different country with a different language, different culture, different morals, etc. Let's face it, this is the biggest decision in her life. We are very much in love, but I am glad that we have taken the time to get to know each other, discuss our concerns, etc. Relationships are built over time. The internet does not shorten this process. Anyone who thinks that finding a bride on the Internet is easier than meeting a nice person in their own country is fooling themselves. I think it probably takes more time, patience and communication to develop a long distance relationship. If one is willing to make that commitment, they will find that is can be a wonderful experience.

You know, I guess i am too rude at times, but some things said here made me feel desperate and i am losing hope that someone can see our women in different light.
    Most of the research shows that men from abroad search for women in FSU mostly because of the CULTURAL DIFFERENCE, and another rude word here - BECAUSE WE ARE EXOTIC FOR YOU.
    Am i right, dear sirs?

Irina

My dear Irina! (and whom ever it concern)

In my experience it is both way. Many men search a woman from eastern countries because they think they are not as spoiled as the western woman, and of course they are as beautiful and even more womanly!

But we are also, sometimes painfully aware of that some of the women are not so serious, and I mean the scammers, whom are a very small but very noticable percentage of them. Many women is just out for a luxoury life, because they believe that we live a luxoury life in west. And so we have the pure scammers whom are just out for cach! (And those are not nessesary from eastern or maybe not even women.)

The courting between a man and a woman in eastern is an era we left at the time of womens liberation. Pity in a way, but good in another way.
    I think many men is seeking the "old time" when "a man was a man and a woman was a woman" if you understand what I mean?
    And they don't understand they can't both "have the cake and eat it" at the same time. That is why we are so frustrated.

But in general, in my opinion, the women from east is honorable and proud women.Just take the time getting to know them.

Ben-Hur