Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Default question about passports

I am pretty new to this, but have already experienced a mix of obvious scammers, genuine ladies and ones I am not sure about. My latest, from ukraine seems to be genuine, but she now very much wants to meet me, and she says she has made enquiries about getting a passport and visa, she says that the passport costs alot of money, (have not found out how much yet), does anyone know about the process and cost of a ukrainian girl getting a passport and a visa to visit cyprus? I believe that a visa to cyprus is not a problem with a valid return ticket.

one thing that is bugging me is that when I get an email from her, the time it was sent, is always a few hours ahead of the time in ukraine, am I just being stupid here or what? Is there any way of checking the IP to locate the source? Her home town is Olhavaya which I can't even locate! any help would be very grateful
    thanks, jamie.

n/a Guest

Hi jamie,
    Having travelled to the Ukraine many times and knowing the way they work,it is difficult for many young ladies to get passports and the cost is at times higher than what we pay here in the UK.Even though they govern themselves now,they still don`t like allowing young ladies to leave or visit other countries.
    You mentioned that you couldnt find the name on the map where she lives.You must remember,alot of these places are either small towns or villages and they could be afew hundred miles away from there nearest city.Try asking her the name of her nearest city,this will help you in understanding her location.
    There is a time difference between them and us,again depending on there location and if her email has to go thru another agency to reach you.The time difference can be anything between 3 and 5 hrs ahead of us.
    l hope this helps and good luck