Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Well, taking over a year to go meet her is not good. It gives you a lot of time to have a very large emotional investment in her and if she is a scammer, it is going to hurt all that much more when you fall. Without reading her letters to you, I cannot give you advice about what I think. I have been around this for a while (about 4 years). And, I have seen and continue to see a number of common and some inventive ways the dishonest people can work. If you have anything you would like advice on, let me know off list and I will try to help you.

Robert

I can't make my trip sooner, I have to watch my friends house for 3 or 4 months next year. I will be careful in allowing emotions to build however. I will considor other options too. I am now proceeding with extreme caution, and today I mention malicious and clever internet scammers that sites on the internet warn about, and that they hurt and steal from people, along with that US visa sites warn of dangers in parts of Russia. I am trying to not be direct though. I am going to test her. She accepted news of already meeting my friend, and sends greetings to him, but I have been careful since I saw her on your site. And told that trust in internet is different then trust in person and that it is difficult to trust like that. To tell the truth there has been something a little odd about her letters, even though she seems constistant with events in life and what happened recent days, etc. I noticed something odd like I said(but wasn't sure what it meant then), even before I saw her on your site. But I am proceeding with greater caution. And I am considering to cancel my trip depending on how things go. I am considering showing her the link about her, but I am not sure. I said this however,
    direct quote:

PS: I found your image on a site that I was not expecting, and two letters that were similar to mine, both from you. Do you know Brian L from Christian Mingle site. I don't know him, but he knows you.

that is all I said for that part.
    I know that is taking a big chance real or not, but I am cautious now. and usualy that is not like me to be that direct, most of my letter is lighter then that, and not so direct. But I am cautious. But I am doing more preparing then I am letting on, I am going to study karate for self defense. And told you I may cancel my trip. But I will study Russian anyways.
    maybe that was mistake, but its after everything else though. I asked for picture with her and her family. Karate is just a thought still.

simple signature for occasionaly wordy people

I went for a walk and feel a little better, the main thing is I don't know why she was worried she had upset me, why she thought she had frightened the moaning, why did she think I might leave. My only clue is the profile here. My heart and instincts still tells me she's real. And I'm going to ask her why she was worried about that. etc, etc etc, but I'm always kind and gentle, honest and friendly.

btw, I am self taught mostly in ways of understanding science, analytical, mathematical, and I am deeply religious(I'm not die hard pounding the fist, thats extreme) and normaly the two don't cause a conflict in my life. I'll update if she willingly supplies information, then I need independant confirmation. but that is a story for another time. Don't worry, I do have many friends, I am just a deep thinker.

One fact I do considor in her favor though, in her LDS hearts profile, she said she served LDS mission, she easily told me when I asked that she did not serve mission, and internet agency employee helped her(she usualy uses computer after work, no phone, and no computer at home) She admitted to not understanding anything in the profile then. If she had said just some random or truthful thing, is that I know how to reliably and positively confirm any LDS mission on the planet, and so do many other members of my church, we have various reliable resources to confirm existance of and location of any LDS mission, my church is very good at keeping detailed records and about family history, and you can use the family history resources yourself too. And if needed I can ask or write around and I think I can get confirmation that a particular LDS missionary served in a particular mission at a particular time, though I may not be able to under normal conditions of life. I know this is not for religious discussions and I am Not trying to start one, this is simple fact I know how to confirm, though it could take a while sometimes.

This is unrelated to Olga what I have below, just a type of scam I recieve once in a while. Or what I considor to be a scam.

in what I think is unrelated to this, I keep getting emails about this "rich person, or family" that all died in some accident. And they have massive accounts, that the bank officer or whatever wants help so the money doesn't get reclaimed by the bank or whatever financial intitution. They say the people who died have no next of kin, and they found me through internet searches or whatever. And I got one through ldshearts this week which suprised me, but maybe they search every site and send these scam letters to people, I always delete those messages. I have always considored those to be genuine scams. I never respond either. I don't think they would need help from some random american anyways, even if it was somehow genuine, wouldn't looking for a random American make it into a scam anyways?

just a thought, some random scenerio, but what would happen in a hypothetical scenerio where two scammers found each other? I never heard of such a thing, but what would either do if both discovered the other was a scam as well?[?]

She knew this person Brian and confirmed it too. I am asking her to help me. But what do you need for positive proof she is innocent? I am convinced now she is real, she denied nothing of talking with him, and my friend, and one other, and now I need to know what you need as proof of her. And I will get it accomplished in due time. I am asking for a scan of her local passport, but what else do you need? I need an answer to this please. My confusion is gone, and she still writes to me. And I told her tonight I have been trying to defend her here too. Which was my original intent actualy, that of defense.

Thank you for your help.

This is my last post to the forums, don't get me wrong, you are helping many people with your site, and have a good service. I got independant agreement from someone on these boards that Olga is real.

I have daily emails going back to mid August I believe that she is an honest person, she never asked Brian for money, never asked me for money, and never asked my friend for money, she says she emailed Brian, my friend, and I, and one other, she is honest about everything. I am confident I will have no suprises from her next year. I told her I could help her get her name off of here, and she is not bothered by the presence of her name, as she is interested in me only. And that my trust in her is what counts, so I am no longer posting here about this topic. Though I'm not against giving some advice from time to time. I stand by my desicion, and I stand by her.

That is my last request out of sincere honesty that her profile is removed, it was put up by a simple mistake or simple misunderstanding. http://www.stop-scammers.com/scammer.asp?id=598

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely:
    MacGregor2k

imported_admin Guest

Hello MacGregor2k,

We have deleted this profile from our data base.

Best regards,
    Stop-Scammers.com Team

Hello admin:

Thank you for your kind assistance, I wasn't really expecting a response, like I said though it didn't bother her a bit, and the request came from me, not her, as it wouldn't of bothered her anyways for she is interested in only one person(me). And I had left it at that. I thought I'd check back and see what was up.

I thank you again, and I will pass on the good word to my Russian Girlfriend Olga. She is truly a remarkable girl, and I will be visiting her next year. And I will be learning Russian between now and then as well.

[8D]

Sincerely:
    MacGregor2k

Hello again:

I just thought I'd pass on the news that Olga is very happy with the good news I told her about being taken off the list here. She is very grateful and happy, and I am too actualy.

Thank you again for your valuable time out of your busy schedule to help two honest people.

Sincerely:
    MacGregor2k, and my girlfriend from Russia.

Didn't you think that men can "report" woman who declined him as his revenge?