Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Default Scammer using a sidekick?

I have been in correspondence with a lady for about 4 months now. Prior to wiring her the money I had her email me her passport. I have actually wired her money via Western Union. The money has been sitting there for almost a week now.

Her request to me is that her passport has been given up to the passport office to prolong her time away ( I assume this is a renewal). During this time, she claims she cannot get her monies for the next 9 days. So she wants me to change the pick up person to her friend.

I had her email me her friends ID and low and behold if it just happens to be a similar name to a woman on the scam list " Tatyana Miheeva" Now she states the gals name is Tanya Miheeva but I think this is too close a coincidence.

Any thoughts?

Should i get my money back from the Western Union ?

I hope someone can help me with my dilemna.

I will tell you that the letters written to me answered my questions each time and seemed to only have a partial form letter , but I assumed that is due to her correspondence with so many people.

n/a Guest

To be honest,l would get your money back quickly.If your having doubts,which you are,then l would cut your loses and move on.
    Passports can be forged,even if they do look like the real thing.In my opinion,you`ve been very lucky.
    In future,don`t send any money!honest young ladies won`t ask a total stranger for help!

You reckon she has many penpals.
    Many penpals to wire her some money.
    And you have? umm? wired her some money.

Tanya is to Tatyana what Bob is to Robert.

But then, you?re probably having us all on, aren?t you?