Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Default Scammer profiling

How hard is it to determine if the scammer is a woman or a man impersonating a woman. I am pretty sure my current scammer is a woman, but dont know how good the male scammers have got.
    Additionally what are the requirements in terms of documents / proof of address that need to be produced by anyone receiving a western union transfer?
    This is a bit like hunting :-), I wonder if anyone is offering a bounty on scammers caught?
    Do you think scammers read these forums?

I'm not too sure about how good Western Union is over in Eastern Europe. I was in Ukraine visiting my fiancee, and inside the bank was a automatic Western Union machine. So no ID is required. All they have to do is punch in the 10 digit code to get the money. At least that is what it looked like to me. Secondly, when you send money through western union, one writes the reciever's name in English. When the reciever picks it up at a manual Western Union station, the reciever shows the teller their local passport which is in their language. I doubt the teller knows the correct english spelling and traslation. So if someone shows up with the 10 digit code, I think they just give them the money without many questions.

Hi

There isn't any really foolproof way to determine if it's a he or a she behind a keyboard, in my opinion.

Of course must a few scammers too (statisticly) haxe come by this site, as well as we have found it.

See Ya

Thanks for the info. I assume I am given the 10 digit number by western union then I tell the scammer the number. But there seems to be something wrong here. Given this 10 digit case, surely any half way intelligent scammer would use different names? Because as soon as they use a previous scam name they are effectivley sunk as they are just googled as a scammer?
    Are Western Union legally liable for any losses due to scamming,
    especially as this new 10 digit system seems more insecure?

Why is there this conversation? Why send them anything until you have met them? If you all took this approach there would be no opportunity for any of them to scam.

Put the money you are thinking of sending towards an air fare and GO and visit her (or him!!!...ouch!!!) Or is this too sensible a suggestion.

I have had 3 great trips to the Ukraine and not sent a euro in advance of meeting them. Quite prepared to spend money on entertainment when I'm there, naturally.

Take a look at some profiles on Absolute...great idea this one...guys who have been scammed put a profile on there with the girl's picture saying something like..."I'm Oksana, I will invite you here and try to get you to spend $$$$on jewellery & other presents!"

Keep your cash in your wallet, your feet on the ground and use the brain in your head not the one in your pants!

Stay one step ahead of the scammers, guys!

Sorry, I should clarify. I have irrefutable evidence the little minx is a scammer, but she doesnt know I know if you follow. What I find hard to believe is another very dodgy looking one has emailed me! Maybe they have emailing lists that they sell to each other, if so maybe there is someone I can apply to so I can have my name removed from the "please scam me" list?
    From now on I think it is safer to only communicate with women I initiate the correspondence with.