Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Default What does a Ukraine passport look like?

Hello,
    I have received a digital picture of a passport of a girl I have been writing to, which includes her photo.

Since I do not know what Ukraine passports look like, I was wondering whether someone out there might have an examples they can send me, or know a web site I can check out.

As for the girl, she is definitly a scammer. Her photo is located on this site, though, her name and profile is completely different.

Miguel

Miguel,
    The distinguishing characteristic of the Ukrainian passport is that it is in Ukrainian and English. Even if you don't know the Slavic languages, you can detect Ukrainian inasmuch as it has "i" with one dot, "i" with two dots -- and no vowel "bI" as in Russian.
    The code of the state plainly appears as UKR.
    I think you have an obligation if the girl is going by an alias to identify her if you have photo-IDed her from the scam data-base.
    Hope that helps,
    Richard

I can help you out with the passport. I have a photocopy of my fiancee's International passport. Although I will not send it to you because it is her passport and I doubt if she would want me to email it to others. But if you want, you can send me the scammers copy, and I will tell you if it is real or not. I know my fiancee's passport is real as I went with her to the government office to pick it up the last time I was there.

Just a quick update.
    All the letters and pictures have been sent to this site.
    I got confirmation that the business, or a business, she claimed she worked at does not know her, and the address and phone number she gave me does not exist. It cost me 48 dollars, but that is all I have lost so far in my efforts to find a foreign wife. At least some lucky little sick girl, or boy, will get a stuffed bear as a gift, that was intended for this scammer.
    Well, that one is off my list!
    Cheers!
    Miguel

Oops, I forgot.

As for the passport (internal?) I do not think it is genuine. I do not know how to recognise what a Ukraine passport looks like, but I can tell, a little, when a digital photo has been doctored. And, boy, can you tell!

I just wished I had found this site first before spending lots of time writing her.

Cheers all!
    Miguel