Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thanks for the tips Ray. Another question. What do they do to the scammers when/ if they catch them? I still haven't found anything wrong on this women except on the one site, but it did'nt actually say she was a scammer, but just one to wonder about. I still have a red flag up tho til I am at eased. I have a couple others talking to so we'll see. Have a good year guys.

I have another lady to check out. Her name ia Anna Polushina. She has sent me photos of her and they seem to all be from her house. She lives in Yoshkar-Ola. I checked on google, her home addy she gave but haven't found anything yet. Any other sites I can check? I used the info from every one when investigating Nataly and nothing comes up on Anna. Anyone heard of her? Thanks

Re:
    1. What do they do to Scammers when they find them.
    2. And advice on content of her letters:

1. What I've heard is, if it's a major scam, then the Russians have prosecuted people for "Tax evasion" - neat solution.

If someone reports a scammer to consulates of the scammer's country, who knows what they will do - the politics of countries are too diverse and they may not have the resources. If someone has sent money, then it could be better to inform their Tax authorities but they need to know who in reality received the cash. People collecting at Western Union Offices don't need to prove I.D. (I hate WU - they know what's going on, but of course they get charge commission on every deal)

When informing the authorities, it's best to make free Internet translation so they'll understand what's being stated.

In EEC and USA consulates, they will be strong about it - they keep blacklists. One would need to support the photos with letters requesting cash. I was speaking to Immigration in London, and they really are very careful about women seeking Visas - Of course if she's seeking a real visa, then she's probably a real person - scammers don't apply for visas unless they are planning to do the guy during their stay e.g. (stay with him a while and then claim abuse and seek money or just have a good holiday and milk him for presents) I'd steer clear of Moldova completely. There's thousands of them in Italy.

Also, anyone who offers help on "chat" - it's a scam. If anyone contacts you from Nigeria, China or Philippines - hang up.

2. Re letters. The contrast between a real letter and a scam building is not always obvious at first, but scammers usually start to fall down after 3 to 5 letters (but sometimes write for months) they tend to use words "destiny, love, fairy tale" Probably no real Eastern block woman will use "love you" until after a meeting. They won't talk sexy either. If they send progressively sexier photos and show panties - 90% prob scammer. I get suspicious when they talk about all the "tasty pies" they're gonna bake me. Look for "really normal" letters.

Watch for new Scammer "Katja - Katerina" next week - I'm going to do her this week.

Anyone who wants advice on "letters" send me a portion and I'll comment - I've got a year's experience and read all types of scammers' letters.

ray

I've heard of doing a reverse look up on the email addy, will someone explain on how to do this? I know I ask alot of wierd questions, but I'm just trying to stay ahead.

Ray, - Nice advice in your post - A scam letter is very much different than a "real" letter.

Reverse lookup - this might be just for USA.
    http://netscape.infospace.com/_1_701...tr/reverse.htm

That one was just U. S. What about checking international phone numbers. Is there a way to check that also? Even though most of them don't have phones.