Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Default Latvian contact.....

I am amazed at the posts on this site regarding scams.I am very new to this and would like some advice.

Since October this year, I have been in contact via the Internet with a girl called Christina.Initially,I got hits from 4 Russian ladies.I took an interest in a lady from Latvia.

Unfortunately,her letters appear similar to those of scammers.However
    there are some differences.She has not asked for money at all,
    has provided me with some very ordinary photos,has spoken of and will send photos of her and her parents and sister,has mentioned her place of work(though not given the name) and is willing to visit my country at her cost.

Now this young lady is vey attractive and is 25 years old.There is a
    huge age difference between us and I have regularly told her this but
    she says this is not important and enjoys my openness and honesty?

Her emails are from an Internet Cafe in Riga(so she says) and they are time/dated at very odd times.Some as early as 4am and as late as 11pm.I find the times very unusual.Can someone tell me if this is normal??

I have asked her some very specific questions and awaiting a reply.I will post if any.

n/a Guest

Hi Jama
    It`s not unusual for emails that come from internet cafes to have odd dates and times on.Depending on the size of the cafe and how many lines that it may have,some cafes queue up the emails being sent.
    Age difference is not abig thing with these young ladies,they regard older men to be more stable and secure in there personnel lives and they will respect you for being open and honest with them.
    Hope this helps

Hi I have been contacted by 3 attempted scammers from Latvia. What is her name? Or, post her web details so that I can see a photo and I will let you know if it is one who tried it on with me.

Thank you guys for the information.

Now, I have her full name Reshetova Christina Aleksandrovna.
    her email is Christina24Riga@mail.ru.

In her latest email she wants me to give her a Bank Account
    number so she can put money into it so that I can visit her???

I am in over my head here as to how to track or trace her on blacklist sites.Without sounding too useless,can I get pointed
    in the right direction.Very much appreciated.

Jeez! Are you sure about giving someone your bank details so they can put money IN!!!!??? Come on!! Smell the coffee! If she is a Latvian princess, maybe!!! I've yet to meet a rich one!

Think, man!!!

I have just had a Latvian girl staying here in the UK for 5 days...She tried desperately to get as deep into my wallet as she could!!! No joy there, though!! I paid for her air ticket...no problem with that at all....Had a great time! But I was IN CONTROL!

Give out your bank details at your own risk...and against the advice of most of us here, I would think! If she is that keen to send you money, get her to mail it to your local Wetern Union office and collect it!!! THINK, MAN!!! and think with the brain in your head, not your pants.

Stay one step ahead of the scammers, guys!

Hi
    Don't worry.

If one feel the need to "be on top of things".
    - Make an arrangement with a brand new, extra bank account. An nearly empty one, just a few dimes in balance.
    - That wouldn't be so harmful, would it?
    Plainly, an account number isn't in any sense as harmful to reveal as a credit card number.
    Most banks aren't as sloppy as Barings bank (was).

See Ya

Guys I had a good icq chat with Kbitka (Irina) from United States the other day.
    She used to make contributions to this forum.
    She is from a smaller city in the Ukraine and is married to an American guy.
    This is a real Ukrainian girl.
    Here is what she said.
    AGE DIFFERENCE DOES MATTER TO THESE GIRLS.
    The reason why they put a large age difference range for a man in there profiles is to attract as much corresponence from men as posssible and they will pick the best and youngest one.
    Women are women..they are all the same world over..culture may be different but given the choice they will marry a younger man rather than an older men.
    A beautiful 25 year old Russian of FSU girl wanting to marry a 50 year old fart..IT DOES NOT WORK..THE MARRIAGE WILL GO TO PIECES IN 2 YEARS WHEN SHE GETS HER PERMANENT STATUS.
    Wake up guys..don;t touch anything that is more than 10 years younger than you..3 to 5 years difference is ideal.
    The 30+ years FSU girls are in a class of there own..they are more likely to stay with you because of there mature age.
    The young 20 years + things are too unstable..don't trust them!
    Don't believe this f.cken hype and propaganda marriage agencies are spreading about these girls...THEY ARE SELLING A PRODUCT AND THEY WILL SAY ANYTHING TO GET YOU TO BUY IT.
    Here it is statistically:
    70% of internet bride mail order marriages will fail
    4% of men will go on a personal visit to meet her and about half of those visits fail
    70 to 80% of men will get scammed either on the internet or at the personal visit.
    Guys, dealing with internet brides and marriage agencies is like treading through a mine field..sooner or latter you will step on mine and get blown up (scammed or heartbroken )
    Think carefully before entering the mine field.
    Its a big bad cyber world..lets be careful out there and oh.. NEVER GIVE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS OVER THE INTERNET OR TO A PERSON YOU HAVE NEVER MEET..THOSE DETAILS ARE FOR WHEN YOU ARE MARRIED AND SHE IS LIVING WITH YOU.

Thanks Lone gunman.Those were my thoughts.

There was no way I would give out my account details but I do have
    another that she could use.So I'm treading carefully and I'll email her with the details and see what happens.

You guys seem well ahead of the play and its awesome to read your comments.

Thanks for your remarks also Willy.And as for my cousin across the ditch "thanks mate".You all have a good Xmas.

Jama, if you ever get the airfare covered. ...
    (luck you??)

Don't get soft, and thankful and let anyone else plan such as your transportation from airport to your accommodation, on your arrival. - And such things......
    Merry Cristmas, all

See Ya