Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Default Request for Address

I'm new at this and need some help and/or advice.

I have been writing to a couple of different women, both made first contact with me. Within 3 letters each has asked me for my full name and address so that they can either send me photos or have an altrenative way of reaching me should email contact go down for some reason.

I am leary of giving them this information. Is it safe to give them your name and address? It seems harmless in most respects but it does make me uncomfortable. Can any bad come from doing so? Has anyone had a bad experience from giving out there name and address?

Any thoughts or advice anyone has on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi

This is nothing to get leery about.

I've so far, not regretted the display of my own full postal address.

In fact in my opinion, I think it displays bad manners not doing so, in a situation as described by you.

It's a hallmark of showing serious intentions in my view.
    Which of course works both ways, I assume you've already got theirs!

- I usually give mine, ask for theirs, give a few reminders, and if nothing happens, quit writing. This behaviour "cut losses" I think, and prevents me from working a dead end.

See Ya

Thanks Lone:

I appreciate your response. Unfortunately it seems to be for naught. After posting my question I went to browse the known scammers listed on the sight and found both of them in the profiles.

One is listed on here as Victoria Shevchenko, though she told me her name is Svetlana Zhizhura, but the address she gave me was the same. The photo matches one she sent me.

The other is listed on here as Elena Volkova, but she told me her name is Marina Krestyaninova, again the address she gave me was the same except for a different postal code. The letters she sent me match the ones posted here word for word except for minor variations. I got different photos except for a couple.

Glad I checked this site out and joined. Would not have sent either any money, learned my lesson on that almost a year ago, but at least I saved myself some time writing needless letters.

Again thanks for your advice and thoughts though.

Good luck!

Best way to stop this scam is to notify western union of scam names
    so that the system throwes up a red flag.

hello i have found of any blacklist this girl elena volkova with antoher name marina krestyaniova i been scammed from her with her new name ekaterina solovyeva aka karamelka...i have any photos from her and the new adress are in samara

Hi guys;
    I was contacted by marina.....email used marinak78@mail.ru
    then recieved same introduction letter from a elena email elenalove78@list.ru busy little thing huh.....Anyone wishing to have alittle fun with some of these scammers feel free to e mail.....
    Jimmy the rose

Hi guys. Yeah Marina has been around for awhile. Several of us have photos that date her back at least 6-7 years. She is an expert, no doubt. Another address is marinaksa@mail.ru. She is In Itkutsk, Samara, and a dozen other cities. Bear in mind something. No matter what bank address she may give, she (they) only need the 10 digit number to go to any WU office in Russia with a fake passport and collect. And those passports are very easy to come by. So she could say she is in Moscow and collect the money in Stravopol.

Greg