Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Default VERY GOOD ADVICE TO AVOID SCAMMING

Hi everybody !!

I have here very good advice how to avoid to get scammed !!!

1. The old and best advice: NEVER SEND MONEY !!!
    ( NEVER FORGET THIS ADVICE !!!!)

2. An honest Russian / Ukrainian girl NEVER ASKS FOR MONEY for the meeting !!! This is a really true fact !!!!

3. I can assure you that if she asks money she is 100% sure SCAMMER and she is only interested in your money !!!

4. Meet the lady always in her country or a Ukrainian woman in Russia.
    (It is true that many Russian women do not want to go to Ukraine )

5. If the woman is from Moscow meet her in St.Petersburg ! If she is from St.Petersburg meet her in Moscow. Meet also other women either in Moscow or in St.Petersburg. They will come for pleasure !
    St.Pete is cheaper than Moscow.

6. You can agree before the meeting that you pay her costs back when you meet. Remember that in Russia she can travel by 50 $ a long way !!!!! A serious woman ALWAYS has this money for her trip !!!

7. If you meet her in her home city there is a risk that she will misuse you and you lose a lot of money ! It is so easy because she knows there everyhing ! Many Russian girls are as foreigners in Mow or in St.Pete as you ! They do not know anything there !! Remember, because it will help you a lot to avoid losing your money ! You can choose everything !

8. NEVER buy anything expensive to women ! If they start to demand it. It is ALWAYS a sign of SCAMMING !!! They are very happy if you buy small and not expensive presents ! But that kind of presents are important to them !!! I bought a book of Hermitage ( about 15 $) to a lady. She still often writes to me how happy she was for that present !!!

9. NEVER accept if the lady tries to arrange you a flat in her home city !
    In Mow, St.Pete or Kiev it is possible to find a flat for 15-20 $ per night in Metro area.
    In small cities by less than 10 $. The owners are more than happy for that money !!!
    Anyway you have to be carefull if you decide to rent a flat.

10. BUT if you want only to have some adventure and you have a lot of money to lose, you will lose it for sure !!!
    When you go to a restaurant, look carefully the price level because they can change a lot. An honest girl avoids expensive restaurants. She accepts normal price places ! Do not worry about it ! And Russian girls very seldom drink alcohol !!

11. In Agencies ALL adds about model or filmstar looking women with a super body are SCAMS !!!! You must understand that even in Russia or in Ukraine such girls always find their boyfriends very easily ! Such women do not look for men from abroad !! It is 100 % true !! Don't let these photos cheat you !!!

12. Do not trust in ANY Agency !!! It is impossible for them to know who is a scammer or not !!!

And there are still a lot of other good advice .....

I wait for your comments and questions !!!

SCAMMERHUNTER

quote:And Russian girls very seldom drink alcohol !!
    Depends on what you mean. If you mean vodka or whisky, then you are right. If you mean champaigne, wine or cognac, that's not true. If you go to any cafe in, say, St. Pete, it is not uncommon to see two girls chatting and sipping on wine/cognac/Bayley's etc.

quote:Remember that in Russia she can travel by 50 $ a long way !!!!!
    Well, it REALLY depends from where to where. Say, a seat in the compartment for 4 people on the overnight train Moscow - St. Pete costs around 1000 roubles, which is already $36. Imagine if the girl is from farther away, like the Urals, let alone Siberia.

quote:If she is from St.Petersburg meet her in Moscow.
    It does not exactly work this way for St. Pete women. Many of them detest Moscow. I would even be offended, like "What? You have an opportunity to see St. Pete, and you are dumping it for a city like Moscow??? Not my kind of guy!" Of course, she would not drop you just for this, but it may sound like an unpleasant suggestion for her, she will refuse, and you will think she is a scammer.

1. You are right ! Veryseldom Russian women drink vodka, whisky or beer (which they normally hate!). If you see two women sip some alcohol, they probably drink only one glass for the company. It is not usual to see drunk women in Russia !

2. If you promise 100$ to a serious woman, she will come from any part of European Russia to meet you in St.Pete !

3. You are right about St.Pete and Moscow. These cities are very different from mentality.But if the woman is serious and you promise to pay, she will come for sure ! Russian women like to travel and in Russia it is a short trip from STP to MOW.

And still one remark about prewritten letters !!!
    Several girls have sent me such stories.
    It is not difficult to recognize them. First, they will never answer your letter. Ask them to send an "answer" your letter, so you should get back your last letter with their answer.
    But you will never get. I sent my same letter back for 8 times and "she" never gave any comments ! She only continued her story ....Finally I got bored to it.
    But she did not ask for money yet. So they can wait really for a long time to ask it......or what is the plot of this game ?

well this is my experience...
    I sent 3 times money for the meeting......and was scammed every time.
    Later I met 4 girls in Russia, didn't send any money...and was no more scammed...
    SO VERY GOOD ADVICE: NEVER SEND MONEY !!!
    Real girls are not interested in your money !
    They are interested in your person, meeting and what you have agreed !

1. The old and best advice: NEVER SEND MONEY !!!
    - I agree to this one...

2. An honest Russian / Ukrainian girl NEVER ASKS FOR MONEY for the meeting !!! This is a really true fact !!!!
    - sure, you are right man

Same goes for no 3 and 4

5. If the woman is from Moscow meet her in St.Petersburg ! If she is from St.Petersburg meet her in Moscow. Meet also other women either in Moscow or in St.Petersburg. They will come for pleasure !
    St.Pete is cheaper than Moscow.

-Why in gods name do you have to meet them outside their city?? This is the stupidiest I have ever heard. I have been there several times, and it is better to see them where they actually live to get a view of what kind of life they actually live. If you meet them somewhere else they can pretend to be just anyone... You are DEAD WRONG!!! When it comes to your No.6, there is no need to arrange anything that has to do with public transportation if you go to her city. When it comes to your No.7, I am about to give up on you man, are you completely paranoid? I agree there is a certain risk of being scammed, but you have to be real here. How can she scam you if you have a common sense? By going to an expensive restaurant???

8. NEVER buy anything expensive to women ! If they start to demand it. It is ALWAYS a sign of SCAMMING !!! They are very happy if you buy small and not expensive presents ! But that kind of presents are important to them !!! I bought a book of Hermitage ( about 15 $) to a lady. She still often writes to me how happy she was for that present !!!

- NEVER BUY ANYTHING PERIOD!! If you haven't met her in person, don't buy her a single thing, may be flowers, but I will get back to that at the end of my respond.

9. NEVER accept if the lady tries to arrange you a flat in her home city !
    In Mow, St.Pete or Kiev it is possible to find a flat for 15-20 $ per night in Metro area.
    In small cities by less than 10 $. The owners are more than happy for that money !!!
    Anyway you have to be carefull if you decide to rent a flat.

- I think you should trust your lady on this one. Ok, may be (If she is a scammer) you have to pay an extra $5 or so, but I don't think that will make you poor.. To tell you the truth, if she is a scammer she will probably reject from the meeting before you even see her. If she is a scammer she will probably stop writing the day she understand you are about to come to her, or try to convince you it is better if she is coming to you.

10. BUT if you want only to have some adventure and you have a lot of money to lose, you will lose it for sure !!!
    When you go to a restaurant, look carefully the price level because they can change a lot. An honest girl avoids expensive restaurants. She accepts normal price places ! Do not worry about it ! And Russian girls very seldom drink alcohol !!

- This is soooooo wrong!!!! Russian girls enjoy alcohol, and they do it quite often also. Not heavy dozes of Vodka, but Cognac, Whisky and soft drinks.

About the agencys there are good and bad, and about the pics you are wrong again.. A lot of the "great" looking girls are, or could be scammers, but not all of them.

Tell me the truth, have you been there at all???
    Or are you about to become a paranoid keyboard-romeo?
    I have been there, Ukraine, Russia, Estonia, Lithuania, Moldovia and Kazakstan. You better trust me on this one guys.

When it comes to pre-written letter you are all correct.

I shall give you a real good advice about how to avoid being scammed.

Buy your girl flowers, most flower agencys have the service of taking photos of the delivery. This way you will either get an answer there is no "Anna" or "Tanya" on this adress, you will get a picture of "Boris or Igor", or you will receive a photo of a beautiful and very happy woman you recognize from the pics she already sent you.

Don't be all paranoid, most of these women are real!

to XLNC

I lived in Riga for 2 years, in St.Pete for 1 year, in Kiev for 3 months and been visiting during the last 10 years different cities of Russia frequently 1-2 months per year....
    I have had MANY girlfriends in Russia....
    Ofcourse we can have different experiences, it is always possible.
    And one more GOOD advice is that if you really want to marry a Russian woman, STUDY at least some Russian !! It will help you a lot !!!
    If you don't understand a word, you will probably have many problems for that reason.

Some comments:

5. The idea of meeting a woman in a different city is that you really can be more sure that she is serious. It is a test. I have very good experience about it. I know how Russian women live, so I have no need to look how they live and what they have....
    Read some stories from Black Lists !! There are many of them !
    If a woman is a scammer she tries to scam money for the flat. Normal price to pay is 10-15 $ per night. But many scammers can ask for 60-80 dollars for such flats !!! And I see that many men have paid !!!
    And be sure that the taxi they are calling is their boyfriend or "brother" !
    In Russia you can drive a lot for 3-4 dollars. Don't let them fool you !
    Suddenly you can find yourself with your "gilrfriend" in a really expensive restaurant or night club. And suddenly you also notice that she has called some of her girlfriends with her ! Remember in Russia the MAN in the company always pays the bill !!! If the girls are not going to pay you can have big problems with the waiter.
    For you it is not more expensive to invite a woman to a different city. It is same if you go or she comes, you can pay her trip.
    But you are right. If the woman is a scammer and she has such plans to cheat you, she will not come to meet you !! That is the idea ! Otherwise they certainly come !! They even like it and travelling !!

6. Remember it costs the SAME to you if you go to her city or she comes to you !! (so you can pay her costs). I think in this case paying her trip is a good manner and she will like it....

7. This situation concerns of course the scammers, but it was the test for them.

8. If you buy a small present you will not lose much ! But you can win a lot ! Seriuos Russian women wait for small presents and like them !! Put 10 $ for it....She doesn't forget it....

9. About flats, as I already told you, many men have been scammed 60-100 $ for a 10 $ flat. If you stay for 10 nights it makes ......More safe to live in a hotel, but they are expensive in Moscow and St.Pete. And you have more freedom in flats..

10. Russian women VERY seldom drink Cognac, Whisky or other western alcohol drinks if they have to pay by themselves !!! They drink Russian Shampagne or even Vodka in that case. But if YOU will pay, be sure that they drink something else....(but not serious women)
    I have met MANY Russian girls. 50 % do not drink at all alcohol !! 25 % drink maybe ONE drink and others more or less....Normally younger girls drink and smoke much more. Maybe I have met good mannered women, but it has been my luck...

Many men agree and have experience that even 80 % of Russian "girls" from Internet try to scam !!! Read Black Lists ! But I think that a scammer can be recognized already after "her" 2nd letter.
    And beware of young girls that FIRST contact you !!!

lonelyboy,

Yes, I tend to agree with you a little after all. But I think we all have different approaches on how we do "our thing". Some guys write for months and never get their ass on a airplane, some like me actually go to see them, and some others again don't go untill they are 100% positive they have the perfect woman... In the last two approaches there will always be a risk. If you belong to the 95% that is only keyboard-romeos there isn't a big chance of being scammed.. If you follow rule nr.1, NEVER SEND MONEY!

In my last post I said, never send gifts, I still mean this. You can bring gifts to your first meeting or something, that is totally fine with me, I do it myself, but I never send anything untill I have seen her.

What actually provocates me a little is those guys hiding behind their computer and condemn some girl because she wasn't interested... Ohh.. yes, that means she is a scammer... She didn't want your sorry ass, or was tired of waiting for some action...
    You cannot become completely paranoid here guys, there are scammers out there, yes, a lot of them, but actually there are more serious real girls than scammers... After a while you will be able (just as Lonelyboy told you)to spot them after letter one or two.

Some guys in this forum seem sort of desperate and confused about this, just use your common sense, and don't call someone a scammer just because she didn't find you attractive...

The biggest scammers are still the fat and ugly western girls that use all your money faster than you earn them...