Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Default Income in Russia

An interesting topic. A good place to see how Russians themselves feel about their income and what they think of rich and poor people, try the website of the Public Opinion Forum, an independent non-profit group located in Moscow. Their URL is http://english.fom.ru/ . From there you can navigate the various topics. Here are some interesting data from their polling:

Half of all respondents report their own income as less than 14K rubles/month. That is $378/month at current exchange rates.

When asked what is considered a "low" income, and "low" is described as just enough to feed and house your family with nothing left over, three-quarters of respondents thought less than 4K rubles/month as "low". That is $148/month. Half thought less than 2K rubles/month as having "little" money.

Two-thirds of respondents thought they had "little" money.

More than two-thirds of respondents thought they were in the low income group. The same percentage thought they would never get a chance to earn a lot of money. A lot of money is defined as 25K rubles/month or more. That equates to about $1,000/month

Three-quarters of respondents thought that the only way to become rich in Russia is to break the law.

Also, many matrimony sites talk about scarce access to the Internet as justification for their expensive email services. POF surveyed Internet usage in March 2005. Only 16% of Russians have used the Internet at all over the past 6 months.

And of those using the Internet, only 12% accessed the Internet from an Internet Cafe.

Hello All:

The problem is that we measure their income with American living expenses, and we conclude $378 a month is low income. Not so if you live there.

I am Iranian American and I can tell that $250 a month there is plenty. Rent is usually around $60-100 a month; bus ride is 10 cents, a sandwich and soda cost $1, and shirts cost $4. Somethings are more expensive, but the same house which cost over $500,000 in Los Angeles, cost $80,000-100,000 in Tehran. The problem with Russian women is something else.

Russians are Greedy; they always want more.
    Russians think they are far better than others.
    Fraud and scam is an accepted norm in Russia.
    Family values mean nothing to them.
    Russian women's best profession is prostitution. In just so many countries, from Europe and Asia, and even here in US, Russian women have the highest percentage of prostitutes. My Israeli roommate, used to tell me all Russian women are whors. Too bad I did not listen to him when I married my ex.
    And they think Americans are stupid. All my ex-wife's friends in their e-mail with each other, called Americans stupid. It was their way of refering to Americans; they would call them, "Stupid American"

And finally, if you check with Immigration, they would tell you that 94% of Russian and CIS women marriages to Americans end in divorce once the women gets her Green Card. That's what the Immigration marriage fraud detective told me.

I wish they stop Russian and CIS women from obtaining visa to America.

Michael

Manucci; The educational sysstem is too blame a lot for the Russian attitude. Anything free is worth zero,zilch, nada! I have corrosponded with at least 20 russian and ukrainian women and have found a superiorty complex in them. They always have better than me. I have two acres of land. they have a flat in town and a dacha. That was when I changed the subject to what she would do ovr here! Silence, then a response that she would get certification in her profession(an accountant or special education teacher) I did not hit her with the fact that a K-1 visa does not carry permission. I knew she would not be happy living in the country where I do. The center of town is a truck stop on the interstate. The final straw was when she stated she knew all about my country from the week she spent here on some conference. My response was my country may not be that great, but it is my country. Don't insult it or me. Since I have found a merican woman, better than anyFSU woman. The FSU has just found something it can export and get strong currancy in return, almost as good as the Yugo!!!!!!

Randolph J Peters

Guys,
    I have no intention to insult you or your country.
    I worked and lived in the US (New England area) and worked abroad with American ex-pats.
    Did it ever occur to you that the superior attitude you have encountered in Russia etc, is a reaction on the superior behaviour of Americans. (action-reaction)
    Americans feel themselfes far superior over other nationalities, not intentionally, but by natural behaviour.
    America is not that popular in Europe for this reason.
    No offens ment.
    Just some ideas to think about.

Guys,
    I worked and lived in the US (New England area) and worked abroad with American ex-pats.
    Did it ever occur to you that the superior attitude you have encountered in Russia etc, is a reaction on the superior behaviour of Americans. (action-reaction)
    Americans feel themselfes far superior over other nationalities, not intentionally, but by natural behaviour.
    No offens ment.

I think that this is an interesting posting although a bit dated here. It gives some good insight as to the financial conditions over there in Russia. No wonder these Russian women want to get out of there and over here to the USA as well as other countries. So, you sometimes can hardly blame them but it still does appear that a lot are scammers out to sucker some lonely dumb guy into forking over some cash. Trying to find out who are the honest ones is really a chore and this site helps a lot on that issue.

Default Re: Income in Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchy013 View Post
    Guys,
    No offens ment.
    I get what you are trying to say but why are you making this point? the discussion over here is about condition of Russian and why Russian women scam. So where does US comes into play here?