Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Peter,

I am not doing anything until she gives me exact details. I don't live in Toronto, so it will be difficult to leave as you suggest. And it will be difficult for me to get last minute details if she is going to email me. The only information I expect to get from her will be on Monday, as she indicated. She will get her VISA at that time, and get all her documents registered at that time, then she will write back. But won't get that info until Monday afternoon, at which time I will not have access to my computer to answer her email which she said she would send to me. Unless of course I happen to receive it early Monday. But even so, I won't be able to reply to her, because she would have gone to board the plane. That's assuming everything she has told me is true.

As for helping her, I meant that I am expecting her at the last minute to ask for money from me, because if it is a true scam, it will definitely show up in her email when she sends to me on Monday. That's how scams of this sort usually go, right? You know, about how maybe the VISA authorities won't give her the VISA unless she pays more money for some more documentation, or perhaps some other bull**** story. Anyway, at that point, I will know that it is a scam, and WON'T send money, and WILL NOT go to meet her. That's all I can really do for now. I have to wait and see until I get her next email.

This whole thing sounds silly, I know, but I want to see where this will lead. It could very well be legitimate. A little too fast and crazy, but perhaps legitimate.

(By the way, I had an idea: would it be possible if I released photos of her to you to get your connections to verify if she is on a flight to Canada? It's a long-shot, but I'd be willing to email to you if you think that's even a remote possibility.)

I appreciate everything you have said, Peter, and I am still on alert with this situation, see where it goes.

Tough,
    Can't do it, you are in different country. Even though if you were here, it's kind of against the law you understand? She ain't no criminal or drug smuggler or...got my drift? Sorry buddy you are on your own on this. Good-luck and don't loose your head about it, she will not show up believe me. But, if she does it will be for some kind of interest. You never told me how old are you or she?

Peter,

She's 27, I'm 35. She's a Virgo, I'm an Aries. Anyway, what does that have to do with anything? I ain't no rich dude, just your average "joe", with an okay income, looking for a good woman to settle down with. I told her my situation, and if she really wanted to use me for something, I don't know what it could be for. Could be to find someone else, as you say. Or perhaps she may want to get married, so she can stay here permanently, and then find someone else. Sure, it;s been known to happen. All I know is that she wants to start family, as most Russian women do. I can't be sure, but I won;t know unless I play this drama out. As I said before, she may be legit.

Why, what are you suggesting?

What do I suggest? Wait for the Monday that will never come. Let me know if it does

Peter,

I share the same doubt as you, believe me. But I am so close, I gotta see this through, and I hope it is real. I shall definitely let you know.

So, she a a Virgo, and 27. Do you know the full date?

Insider,

Not a clue. I'm still waiting for her to email me today. It's probably a scam. Even if I get flight details, it don't mean a thing. She could be saying the same thing to so many other guys, and who knows, maybe she's asked them for money already! She hasn't asked me yet, but I'm waiting for the bomb to drop today at some point.

Insider, where are you from?

insider.... are you that hard up or just cannot accept the fact of being scammed. So what if she comes, if you are not there to meet her, she must go back to Russia. These women cannot afford the flights on speculation , why would she come if she is not sure you will meet her? sit and think about it.

quote: insider.... are you that hard up or just cannot accept the fact of being scammed. So what if she comes, if you are not there to meet her, she must go back to Russia. These women cannot afford the flights on speculation , why would she come if she is not sure you will meet her? sit and think about it.
    What on Earth are you talking about? It sometimes helps to read the forum first before posting.

quote: Insider, where are you from?
    CIC Canada.

Toughtocrack, no Olga Olegovna Nikitina has been issued a Canadian visa in the past 3 years. Not even Alexandrovna or Sergeevna. Sleep tight, she is not coming, and do not worry. She has either given you a false name, in which case going to the airport is at the very least unwise, or will lose her purse with all her documents and money on the way to her local airport, in which case you kind financial assistance will be required